Wtf so if you save a screenshot via default miiverse option on wii u...

wtf so if you save a screenshot via default miiverse option on wii u, it scales down the image and there is no longer a way to get the 1080p/720p version of that image? i had a ton of great xenoblade x screenshots that are now meaningless.
is nintendo a company of idiots? why would they do this?

can't even post to imgur because it won't work on wii u right and apparently the mobile imgur site doesn't have an uploader.

uploading here xenoblade thread

man getting back to these places kinda sucks lol i went up some pretty nuts mountains i guess

Where can you post screenshot after miiverse I know you can them here on Sup Forums is there anywhere you can?

idk this one is fine

I use imgbb

once you post them on miiverse you can get to them at miiverse dot nintendo dot net or whatever, but they will not be original resolution which sucks. other than that, you can post to pretty much any image sharing site it seems; such as imgur, flickr, or Sup Forums. if you post there first it will be original resolution it seems.

some sites seem to not work in my browser, like imgur or imgbb. are there alternative wii u browsers?

a skell one too

a bit better, just at a probe site

of course i got disconnected so ill have this gnarly offline indicator in the rest

similar to above

i know this is a lot of oblivia ill switch regions soon hopefully meanwhile let us discuss reasons x is actually a good game

i like the moon

so much so ill do another

alright last oblivia i think?

dude the planet lmao

ill get a sylvallum ocean view i guess

elma is pretty delicious

f forgot pic

imma head into this cave right quick

I just started playing this I was wondering how long in do you get a skell licence

after chapter 6 you get the quest "skell license" which is 8 little quests you have to do.

looking out at cauldros that cave was way too strong for me had to split lol

Have you got a rough hour count if I just play story?

hm i dont remember, maybe 30 - 40 hrs? im at 50 myself but i did do sidequests, not sure how many hours ago i got it but it wasnt super long ago

getting the party in this one

It really depend on if you rush the story to chapter 6. I got probably around 40-50 somewhere around there you can probably get it way sooner since I was doing side quest.

a tyrant

ok sorry i like this orb a lot i will move somewhere else

in front of skell

sorry this orb one is necessary

getting fuel gauge

at camp!

looking out at the water

these big guys

this was my favorite nopon camp

i actually found it accidentally while searching for screenshots, i like it a lot too

Have you done the quest where you assemble a fireworks show for the old nopon?

i have not, is that at that camp? i did get a mission there, about searching some graves -- which i actually got distracted by and am doing now.

I like them better when there frenzied.

darkened skies

oh they're way too strong for me, i'm like level 30 right now those f'ers are like 60 something. pretty sick tho.

you get it from nopons in NLA but you go there for part of it. There might be some prerequisite quests

same place as before

oh cool, i don't even think i have nopon in nla other than tatsu yet but i'll try to get that one.

needed the aurora or whatever

btw i'll try to take screenshot requests if anyone is interested. looking for some cool ones to take anyway. i can't make any promises, as i haven't even done chapter 7 and am only level 31, but i will do what i can.

I've never had a problem uploading to imgur or emailing myself proper size screenshots.

heres my character in case anyone was curious. fully maxed mastermind.

emailing seems like a smart choice, but since i already had this thread i felt it could work for a bit. i did not try that though. but yea for some reason imgur doesn't accept the file the wii u freaks out when i try to attach the screengrab. maybe i'll try later.

Go inside the Noctilucent Sphere at sylvalum.

robotman

If using gmail it sometimes does a thing where it reloads a few times, but that might have just been my account settings.

is this it? you want me to go inside? i will try

wanted one facing camera first tho

If you're only on chapter 7 you can't do it. You need the flight module to reach the entrance. The most you can do is go under it now.

oh ok, thanks for the info. i will try to get as close as possible for a good picture then

I think there's way to actually skell jump up there but that would be hard to do.

i'll give it a shot for sure, thanks for the recommendation actually. it does seem like it could get a bit tedious to send an email every time i want to save a screenshot, but i guess if i draft it and send a bunch at a time it should work.

That's certainly true for the divine roost. Don't know about the sphere. If there is it must be a nightmare.

this is my progress so far, afraid i may have hit a wall tho. ill keep trying.

I'd do something more productive like collect a couple spirit wands from the area west of the lake. The entrance is to that thing is halfway up the side.

yea, there was some promise in the route i was taking, i actually saw another potential ledge, but i ended up getting trapped in the space between the rock face and the protrusion. had to warp out actually. i may try again later, or if i see an interesting path. but i'll definitely go collectin'

Impressive but you really didn't have to climb I give a easy place to get a screenshot from.

I mentioned spirit wands because you need two, including one for a manufacturer, and they're annoyingly rare.

actually getting closer, i found a nice quick route to this point had to take it

hm the gap may be a bit large for me to cross ill see if theres a way

and oh yea i hate how rare some blues are. thanks for the advice, ill run around the lake a couple laps

I think they're only on the western shore and back to the birds and cave entrance. The area no-fun-allowed patrols.

official report: it looks like i have failed. i could really only get to the bottom of the sphere, and someone said that the entrance is halfway up that i believe. aside from that, i could not successfully jump from my vantage point to the any part of the sphere. i may try again another time, but unfortunately i cannot grab a nice screenshot of inside right now.

no-fun-allowed? is that the giant robot dude that's only hostile to skells? oh damn

What the fuck is this thread

xenoblade chronicles x, but i'm open to discussion about the original xenoblade chronicles and also talk on xc2. lots of screenshots, some people are helping me out, fun stuff -- for me at least.

It's easier to just gather on the slope where he doesn't visit instead of worrying about him showing up. Returning to skell from the menu resets collectables, so it's relatively painless when you're trying to get a rare thing from a specific area.

>Returning to skell from the menu resets collectables
holy crap really? that is awesome i had no idea, that will make farming the collectables so much easier, just all around. i've just been running around in car mode this whole time. thanks for the tips, i really appreciate it.

You'll really like that trick when you get to the level 5 field skill quest that wants 10 rare drops from the eastern edge of Cauldros.

>10 rare drops
dear god. well, at least it's better than trying to harvest a rare enemy drop, that can take forever depending on how many of that enemy exist in the area, when i was farming duoguills at one point there were just 3 in an area and it took forever for them to spawn again.

You can buy enemy parts from the barracks if you have spare tickets. That duogill one sticks out as especially uncooperative, probably because they want you to kill the ones in the swamp area but you're only strong enough to kill the ones by the river. Returning to skell and fast travel also reset monsters and reroll the weather, for future reference.

oh i haven't spent a single ticket in my time so far (haven't figured out how actually), but i have around 900 i think? if tickets are the currency i think they are. i feel like an idiot, i must have somehow missed some vital tutorial explanation but i feel like i'm not maximizing half of the systems in this game still. but yea, that seems like the duoguill one i was doing almost definitely, real pain in the ass. but damn i could imagine it would reset monsters, but rerolling the weather too? that's huge, no more worrying about thunderstorms or anything like that. that is really nice actually.

I really wanted a continuation of this game instead of what we got with XBC2.
Oh well.

You don't get that many until you can farm the nemeses (squad missions in the barracks that are on timers, the regular one is available from level 30, pay for it with blade medals you get from ranking up recruits and occasionally for doing squad tasks). There are a few other quests where it might be easier to just buy the necessary part, but otherwise you want to save tickets for endgame crafting because some of that shit is a pain in the ass or otherwise impossible to get.

You can get though most of game without knowing most of the mechanics of the game.That's how did if really went to know more you can look it guides or ask when there a xenoblade thread up.

oh is there something similar to that? sometimes i have generic "hunt these monsters" squad quest things that pop up, and sometimes i fight some and other times i ignore them. is that something different?

yea i actually really would have liked a sequel or continuation of this one, in some ways i like it better than the original -- and i loved the original.

that is what it feels like. all the time i'm discovering new mechanics that are helpful. for instance last week i just got into soul voices. anyway, since we're in a xenoblade thread, can someone explain to me how i can craft skell frames? when i go into that option, it's all just question marks.

The Planet's Guardian pops twice a week and sticks around for a couple days unless people manage to kill it. The Final Menace (level 60) only appears when the ball you see when you load in fills up. These are squad missions accessed from the barracks terminal, though you can of course do them with your AI party members. If you're farming tickets you want to break as many parts are you can, then either + menu and quit or wait for the timer to run out. Teletha Plume gives you little flower headgear if you wait it out. Then go back to the terminal and sell the parts. There are other squad missions there too, and they can give you a lot of monster parts but usually don't shit out tickets.

one driving, heading back to nla then heading to bed

I think 2 or 3 skell frame are affinity mission and the rest of them don't unlock in till you be the game.

ohhh ok i understand now. that's actually pretty awesome. if the online actually worked for this game reliably, i think that these integrations are pretty cool. gives things even more of an mmo vibe will retaining that single player experience. but yea that makes sense, i remember now there's a terminal i almost never use in the barracks so i will check that out. thanks again for all the help, i learned a lot about the game just tonight.

oh damn end game content...alright cool thanks

I solved this by making my computer a php server, going to my shitty page on the Wii U browser, and upload the screenshot here.

You buy level 50 frames. Level 60 are all crafted. If you're planning to do high-level stuff, prioritize an Ares 90 and a Lailah Queen, as they make farming and cheese builds easiest.

yea i was worried it would have to come to that. well at least there is a solution somewhere. i just wish you could save screenshots to your hard drive and transfer them to usb, is that too much to ask nintendo?

oh i see. the frames i buy are still level 30, when does that change? but thanks for the tip, i'll make sure to look for those two specifically.

When you reach level 50 same level.

cool thanks

Shit game.

Shit console.

Shit service.

Laughed heartily to hear it was being shut down.

alright folks im off to bed now. thanks to all for hanging out, this was a fun thread, i'd like to do it again sometime maybe.

No problem good luck on the rest of the game.