TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/msrNYPpuN24
youtube.com/watch?v=fmo2JUbpf_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0g3l1H7WrRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So is the pyro update the new half life 3?

You now realize Episode 3 came out before the Pyro Update

Exactly my point

Its still pretty funny that /mlp/ has a more populated server then Sup Forums did. Also why would you put a password on the server? Half of anons dont know how to use console correctly.

i would join an /mlp/ server just because they don't micspam and just play the game

>tfw surf servers will never not be ded again
>tfw you will never micspam while spawncamping
>tfw you will never get to listen to underageb& screaming at you to stop again

why is this update taking so fucking long?

I go to a "combat surf" server that's fairly healthy. You just gotta look more carfully.

Multiple possibilities

A. It's taking so long because there's not a lot of people left on the team.
B. There's a lot of stuff in it (Jungle map, community maps, cosmetics)
C. They're doing balance changes on way more weapons than indicated by the preview
D. The CSGO lawsuit messed up Valve's internal work moral.

E. valve's a bunch of lying fucks and haven't started on it yet

i hate niggers but like demoman

I literally did the last two just last night

YEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWW

When?

What the fuck? How is that top chart in any way, shape, or form, the way that it SHOULD be?

What the fuck is wrong with Heavy and Engie being weak on offense and strong on defense? They're defense heroes you dipshit, this is not a design flaw in the least. I would also argue "Strong half the time" is completely wrong for Sniper and Demo: Sniper way less than half, Demo way more than half, and there's no 1% in which Medic is not a strong pick, the Medic determines the entire pace of the game, not to mention that a well-played Pyro can be effective at combat as a Soldier, Scout, or Demo inb4 muh competitive 6v6, that metagame basically hasn't budged in 10 years

>medic
>bad choice half the time

what the fuck user

none of that was particularly impressive
he just shot straight and things died

>Heroes

I have been playing too much Overwatch, and it's 5:30 AM, those are my two excuses

>calling the tf2 mercs heroes

wait a few moments, the firing squad is loading their rifles and will be over in about five minutes

they're actually fucking fixing pyro
making his flamethrower a lightning gun with hitscan
airblast now lets you perform airblast jumps
I hope

pls no bulli i've been waiting on maintenance and updates for TF2 and ffxiv so was playing OW to kill the time

Does Sup Forums like the cool Sentry mod?
youtu.be/msrNYPpuN24

time's running out

Let them come. It doesn't change the fact that I'm right and that chart is completely retarded

>I'm a newshit and nobody can stop me

they're all running lmaobox

So they'll get banned in the time it takes to get here?

That's a relief

>What the fuck is wrong with Heavy and Engie being weak on offense and strong on defense?
Because it causes stalemates and locks them to a specific role where they don't get to be full-time viable. Also because Heavy's design is not interesting, and because their roles overlap too much.
There is no good reason for them to be dedicated defenders. It's just bad for the game.
>I would also argue "Strong half the time" is completely wrong for Sniper and Demo: Sniper way less than half
in HL Sniper dominates the entire game, in 6s the Sniper is full-time viable if you have an extremely good one (which is as things should be) and taking Medic's high usage rate into account, which skews practical viability, Sniper is being used the perfect amount. Same goes for Demo in the other direction, considered the weakest 6s class, yet a constant fixture in the lineup
>not to mention that a well-played Pyro can be effective at combat as a Soldier, Scout, or Demo
Utter rubbish, Pyro has inferior stats in every way, either average or bad in every category, and literally the only useful thing he brings to the table is airblast knockback, which is useful in only a brief period of time
>inb4 muh competitive 6v6, that metagame basically hasn't budged in 10 years
Because the game's fundamental balance basically hasn't budged in 10 years since Valve considered it acceptably balanced for pubs.

>I have been playing too much Overwatch
Feel free to leave at any time
what is "what the fuck" meant to mean here
It's not fun for players to be forced to play Medic or lose
That situation needs to change. The ideally balanced TF2 is one where everyone can play what they enjoy, without "mandatory" classes. That's the point of game balance

I remember when that was relevant

>There's no reason for them to be dedicated defenders
Yes there is, idiot. Offense and defense are very different should play different and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a defense-oriented hero like Engineer. Do you want this game to be like Quake 3 Arena or something? Don't get me wrong, I love an arena shooter as much as the next guy, but class diversity is the heart and soul of TF2 which I bet I've played more of than you have. How is having dedicated defenders "bad for the game"? What would you put in their stead? Most matches in TF2 are split between offense and defense, why in the hell would you NOT have defensive classes? Even in a game mode like CTF or KOTH, there's still a certain amount of defense-oriented play that has to be done
>Demo the weakest 6s class
Boy, either you're wrong or things have changed way more than I thought. We're talking about the black Scottish guy, right? The guy who has been limited to one in 6s since the very beginning because of his high power level?
>Pyro is bad because of these non-specific reasons
Pyro is still an outstanding ambusher (you know, the thing he was designed to do) and in skilled hands, I stand by what I said - just as capable of an offensive or defensive tool as the other classes. He also has great synergy with Engineer, but, I know Engineer's existence as well as a sickening concept like synergy between unique jobs must be very triggering to you

Fuck me I can't go smug enough for this

>Jobs

I've been playing too much FFXIV and it's 5:30 am, those are my additional excuses

what a retard

>Yes there is, idiot. Offense and defense are very different should play different
How does that make the game more fun exactly? Classes don't need to be locked to defense-only to make offense and defense play differently
>and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a defense-oriented hero like Engineer
I already told you what's wrong , don't make me repeat myself. Dedicated defenders are very bad for the enjoyment of TF2
>but class diversity is the heart and soul of TF2
Classes WILL still be diverse. Heavy and Engineer's entire identity isn't just being defenders
>which I bet I've played more of than you have
Post hours
every hour you played of Overwatch counts against you btw
>What would you put in their stead?
Every class to be useful both on offense and defense
>why in the hell would you NOT have defensive classes?
Are you seriously illiterate?
>He also has great synergy with Engineer
"LOOK MOMMY I'M AN EBIN PYBRO!!! I'M HELPING!!!!"
You know who has more synergy with Engineer in the overall team composition than Pyro? Another fucking Engineer because he can actually REPAIR the Sentry AND have a Lv3 Sentry of his own. Or pretty much any class bar Spy.
Pyro is a statistically underpowered class who brings nothing practically useful to the table other than his airblast knockback, which is ONLY useful while defending and only for 8 seconds. You are a moron if you don't know this widely held knowledge yet argue against it.
>or things have changed way more than I thought
So you haven't played TF2 since TWENTY FUCKING FIFTEEN. Why are you posting about this game when you have zero fucking idea what you're talking about?

Home...

At least it was before I fucked everything up.

I wonder still, how long will this update be compared to the other class update, heavy? After the Meat your match, pyro won and gets an overhaul first while heavy gets second. It's been a over a year. These updates should not take OVER a year, try a tri-quad monthly update feed or let the community work with valve with a situation like this already.

Before opening this spoiler, I want you to imagine a hypothetical game.

In that game, there is a class who guarantees a win for picking him.
The developers decide to buff that class.
Would you roll back that buff? Yes or no?

Okay, open the spoiler.

>I wonder still, how long will this update be compared to the other class update, heavy?
Heavy's will most likely be much shorter.

From what we know so far, Pyro Update is going to be:
>new weapons
>potential pyro rework
>new achievements
>rebalancing weapons for all classes
>bugfixing
>new SFM movie
>new cosmetics
>new taunts
>new maps
>new contracts
>changes to competitive and casual (eg: ELO system for comp)

whereas Heavy's update is expected to be:
>new weapons
>potential Heavy rebalances
But I have been wrong before. Originally I thought Pyro Update was going to release before a year had elapsed, and we saw how that turned out.

Yes

The pyro update will probably be the halloween update, so Valve can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

>Boy, either you're wrong or things have changed way more than I thought

>>>>/overwatch/

I think it's A, B and C
what's with this CSGO lawsuit? what happened there?

The pyro update will be the Anniversary/Halloween/Smissmas update all rolled into one.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

DON'T BE RIGHT DON'T BE RIGHT DON'T BE RIGHT

Advocating minors to gamble. Valve won I think by shutting down major gambling sites that were in no way, shape or form legitimately giving users a way to obtain rare skins because the house always wins. ( The guys who own the site were advertising it and said they were sponsored, leading their fans to gamble their skins and take them. )

As far as I know, Valve didn't really win but won as in they can get away with it still.

toast your favourite glass

For me it's Engineer– intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

we really still don't know when it's coming out ?

ah right, thanks user
maybe at some point valve will get off their ass and stop being such a shit

soon tm

Hey Sup Forums,
yore
ugleh

HOOOOOOWEEEEE

MAKIN

My favourite class is Demo because:
>He's got a low skill floor and high skill ceiling allowing you to do all kinds of crazy shit
>He's got high counterplay; all his attacks can be dodged
>He's exciting to watch be played
>He's a pretty well balanced class, roughly as strong as Soldier, Scout, and Sniper
>He has a very diverse array of weapon unlocks, all of which are decently balanced
>He has a fun personality
>He's fun

oh and
>he's useful both on offense and defense, so you can play him all the time if you want without being forced to switch

Your wife is not real! She died a long time ago!

(NEVER LEAVE)

Ergh!

>>He's a pretty well balanced class

(Okay)

>>>He's a pretty well balanced class
Absolutely. Were you not around for the nerf?

Scout. When I play him I become the ultimate dick.

AYO
>*plops sticky in front of him while walking backwards, requiring you to stop engaging him or chase him and be damaged*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
>*uses chargin targe for free defense and grenade launcher like a fucking pussy*
WE
>*Screeched when using stickies offensively was nerfed*
WUZ
>*Can reliably 2-shot most classes with the default alone*
SCOTS
>*Nerfed to fucking oblivion, still overpowered*
N SHIET
>*Demoknight so overwhelmingly manly due to how weak it is that valve had to buff him*

For what i know everything you said came straight from the devs so it is probably correct.

I just hope they don't fuck up the weapon balance too much.

Also this thread made me realize we still need to wait for the heavy update.

Fuck.

I agree, building a giant fortress with 5 other engies and just being a pain in the ass for the other team is the most fun thing you can do in the game

Are you that guy who posts a lot on /aco/?

>>*Can reliably 2-shot most classes with the default alone*
>>>>>>>>>>>reliably

>get put into the mentally retarded team
>5 snipers/spys
>1 soldier
>and an engineer who who puts his teleporters in shit spots
how do i make TF2 friends to make a party with? games always have the team thats shit and the team that stomps

Well, everything that I said would be contained in the Pyro Update/heavy update actually did come from the mouths of the developers
youtube.com/watch?v=fmo2JUbpf_Y
but the rest is me speculating

>how do i make TF2 friends to make a party with?
add people you like the look of in your region
that's about it

youtube.com/watch?v=0g3l1H7WrRo

Scoot
>You'll never hit me! You'll never hit my tiny head!

i don't even post on aco much, i usually get my stuff from the Sup Forumsbooru / Sup Forumsllection.

Let's just hope it is a good update.

I honestly just want quickplay back or a way to play games faster.

The best thing about TF2 was how easy finding a game was and i could come in and come out of the game as i please and still have shitloads of fun a day.

Now i can barely get decent matches.

that fucking medic in that video

they better fucking remove casual, not change it. bring quick play back

>bonnie
MUH
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKK

Okay fags, you made me reinstall. What are good servers? Preferably Australian and Sup Forums themed.

This
I used to fuck around and micspam on achievment_engineer for hours on end.
Is there anywhere I can do that again?

Man, i fucking miss being able to search for a server or simply hope in any server quickly.

For somewhat decent matches look for Nemu's and Skial servers.

There is no shortage of maps for shits and giggles but most of them are 24/7 same map, trade maps or other meme maps.

HITLER'S JEWFORT has a lot of Sup Forums posters and is nocrit but it's 24/7 2fort

That sounds like fun.

Casual too good for you, ponce?

Pyro will be buffed to compete against Soldiers and Scouts and you can't do anything about it.

Alright

Define populated.

I mean. Every time I would look, their servers were dead.

It's alright, the community has a slight hint of "the worst of playing games with Sup Forums", and there's some dumb drama, but it is on the whole pretty chill

excellent

Reflect this, smoky joe.

I miss not having to fucking requeue every 2 minutes
even when the goddamn next map voted is the same as the one you're one THE BLOODY THING STILL RELOADS INSTEAD OF RESTARTING THE GAME
it's an abomination

I like to play medic :). Its a very high skill cap class :)))

Play a different game then, you clearly don't understand team-based shooters.

Good.

Stop posting. Not even that user

Not a fucking argument.

this pretty much. it is fucking retarded.

i also wish they would separate casual per game mode and shuffle the teams after the match is done. Else everyone will keep exiting and searching for a new match.

as long he is also a decent counter for demoman, since he is a bigger threat than soldier.

I Also wish they would tone down medic a bit.

>as long he is also a decent counter for demoman
demo already has a counter (scout is considered the most powerful 6s class), lets not fuck around with the existing things too much

valve should make spy actually useful so that pyro countering it is relevant

Absolute kino.