Absolver

Anyone buy it? What style did you go with?
Where the fuck are the servers?

Where is the preload? Game is releasing in 10 hours.

no preload, its supposed to release at 4pm?

North America Canada here.

Just finished playing a bit. It's alright. I went with the dodge style, but I think I'm gonna reroll with the power armor style.

Definitely a learning curve. I'd be down to get gud if anyone wants to join up later on this week

played in closed beta, hopefully they removed that shitty donut map so no other player will suffer through that ever again

worth 30 bucks for the pvp alone

How's optimization? My piece of shit laptop has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 onbard card and 12 gb of ram.

if ur looking to win dont go power armor gets baited and promotes getting hit which is bad

parry is top tier for counterattacking

windfall is most fun

cant speak for stagger style tho

What platform are you getting it on?
ps4 checking in

That's a lot of ram for a rig with integrated graphics.

>Where the fuck are the servers?

All indications point to it being a p2p game. In their FAQ, the devs basically gave a non-answer regarding dedicated servers.

PC steam, we don't even get to preload yet.

such is the extravagance of prebuilts. tons of junk in the trunk, nothing under the hood.

Was running games on low part of your plan?

im down
Shadow temple style baby. windfall

I went 'dodging' I think that's windfall. Fuck parrying.

On ps4 though soustematichaos

I'm not very good yet, but I'm gonna sink some time in and practice my Kung Fu.

I'm talking about the lack of ability to sign in

oh, authentication servers, my bad.

no idea my dude.

I can't fucking git gud at parries. 90% of the time I either throw it too soon or the other person attacks so fast I can't get it out fast enough.

This game gives no visual cues for anything, it's horrid. Every attack comes out lighting quick save a few.

It's called prediction.

Because in a fight people wont hold your hand, the visual cues are stances and logical motions

its literally right or left try windfall then you will know what suffering is.

side note: i mostly only dodged left or right and won 80% of my fights if i can do it you can too

>no visual cues
what stance theyre in is the biggegst indicator of what is coming up. it may be difficult to figure out an opponent's moveset with alternate attack mixups but it literally just gets easier with experience.

each stance can only lead to a maximum of 6 moves and 5 combos and each player is likely to have their own preferred combo and mixup. the sooner you figure this out the better chance you will have of successful parries

bad players will only attack using flow which gets super predictable since itll mostly be comprised of .3-.4 speed low damage moves and theyll likely finish with a heavy attack when their stamina gets low. to deal with this instead of holding block down the entire time tap it in time with the hit so you can regen stamina and youll be able to keep it up forever or if youre a bitch you can use the shockwave skill to interrupt a flow combo

good players know the timing for most moves and will block like i said above or use their class skill accordingly so your spacing has to be good and you have to fight without a set rhythm

sources: i put 40+ hours into the closed beta and and was one of the top windfall players at the time

ps. healing and using weapons during fights are for fags without muh honor

>release has been moved back a day in Aus for no reason and it's already been confirmed that there are no oceana servers
Considering refunding desu

>each stance can only lead to a maximum of 6 moves and 5 combos

forgot to mention a good fight deck will actually be able to flow through all stances but you get the idea

I bought it for steam.
Servers are region locked, but not really.
I am going windfall at start but changing to stagger once I hit level 30. Playing with 2 friends so the pve content should go by with a breeze.

So what's the PVE content consist of? Is there like an actual main quest line kind of thing or do you just sort of wander around fighting NPCs?

Why you asking me? I mean I know everything so I will tell you, bnut still bad choice.

Main story is hey you are a shitter, go beat up a ton of people till you aren't a shitter and then you will be one of the leaders of the land. So you put on the mask and then go and fight all the bosses of single player and boom you are done.
PVE is just fight normal enemies, I do wish there were nonhuman enemies but nope not the case.

If you know everything I have a question that will not spoil the game for me.
Can you miss out on content? As if let's say I'm just a run straight to boss kind of guy, is there anything I'll miss except attacks and items from basic npcs?

is being an epic narutonigger ju jitsu honda mitsubishi rasangan ramen master the only option or can i just bash some skulls in while they try faggot fairy shit

>It's called prediction.
That's big talk and all but this game has a billion moves and many of them can be set to different stances.
The servers are also shit and still not up so I'm stuck with AI that can't be mind-game'd.

>Because in a fight people wont hold your hand
Calm down edgelord it's a video game.

A game where the only way to out-play an opponent is to just simply play so much that you've burned everything into your memory is not good game design.

I guess Absolver really was made for the FGC.

>ps. healing and using weapons during fights are for fags without muh honor
Don't care, if you attack me without my consent you already have no honor. I bet you don't drink when you get invaded in Dark Souls, too.

If I go out of my way to fight I won't heal, but if I'm busy and someone tries to stall my progress I'll use everything at stake to stop them.

Also
>weapons
lmao they're not even that good.

you can crack heads or be a fairy

>I want to be every big brute white dude to ever get his ass whooped by Lee

I figured that's basically what the absorber was. You let the little fairy kid you bully flail his noodle arms at you while you laugh and then use all those absorbed blows to knock his lights out and then give him a wedgy

>STR meathead

Kahlt not absorber I should say. Fuck why'd I say Absorber?

>MUH EPIC TI CHI FLOW CHAKRAS
>AHA YOU HAVE LOST BECAUSE I HIT YOUR PRESSURE POINTS WITH MY ONE INCH PUNCH

who in gods name would want to play a character like this

you could play Khalt with lots of heavy attacks, in theory. You're just opening yourself up to being dodged/parried.

damn bro youre just looking for reasons not to enjoy the game

just refund and play something else

Full superarmor khalt is noob killer pretty much. You don't give a fuck and just superarmor through everything.

get the absorb haymaker and that pretty much makes the khalt class redudndant

For some reason my ps store won't accept any of my payments. I don't know wtf is going on. My transaction history just says 0.00 at the time and date.

wow youre butthurt lmao

devolver shill thread

Ausfag and boxing/kmafag here this game worth getting? Is it just for honour? Are the martial arts good?

>A game where the only way to out-play an opponent is to just simply play so much that you've burned everything into your memory is not good game design.

Sounds like a game where victory is determined by skill and learning with the game's mechanics. How is that a problem?

i wish this game had the mobility of kung fu movies. or any at all.

A game where the only way to out-play an opponent is to just simply play so much that you've burned everything into your memory is not good game design.

pattern recognition is intuitive and not exclusively gained from hours played

enjoy being a salty shitter and the #1 reason i will never play this game ever again

There is only one thing you can miss out on which is stagger style if you run from boss to boss. Equipment, items, fighting moves you can miss out on and most part recover but stagger style only thing you can truly miss out on. Really no difference though from rushing straight to end vs taking your time.

windfall double dodge will get you behind a locked on opponent as well as getting the right combo made can close distances very quickly

also break lock on and sprint is viable

That fucking blows.

I was hoping the fighting styles would be something other than "Slight variation of generic kung fu"

youll find more than just kung fu styles in the game, ive seen

ones ive recognized from the closed beta beyond kung-fu are muay thai, taekwondo, karate and boxing and obviously drunken boxing with the stagger style.

if you were thinking more mma style with grappling and ground work that really doesnt seem like the dev's intentions so dont expect that stuff any time soon

What does the "Damage by Attack Style" mean on weapons? Does that mean it does more to certain styles or that certain styles do more with those weapons?

the latter

Looks worse than For Honor

graphically, probably

mechanically, no

desu i'd rather there be a lack of visual cues and actual blows being reasonably traded, compared to when perfect play means no hits can be made unless a player slips their finger and/or being juggled to death

Looks about the same mechanically. Boring 10 minute fights.

>muay tai, taekwondo, and boxing
I really don't need another game to add on to my list of shit to play right now, but fuck.

DIDNT WORK FOR 2 FUCKING HHOURS I SPENT SPAMMING CONNECT

THJEF UCKING SERVERS UP YET OR WHAT

you can 100-0 people if and only if they suck just like any other game with pvp

no broken exploits that can win you a tournament, just good reads and combo creating :^)

Every game has broken exploits, and people will use them if there's money on the line.

>no broken exploits that can win you a tournament

this is absolutely true.

because this game won't have any fucking tournaments

not complaining about how the guy won but theres no way to get around a block with a camera trick

kek

how long fights are will literally be determined by the skill gap between players

and 10 minutes is pretty long for a best of 3

gameplay videos on yt are mostly generated by players with no experience so of course what youve been exposed to would take much longer than what you will find in game

>epic narutonigger ju jitsu honda mitsubishi rasangan ramen master

So are there some dedicated PVE areas I could hit before tackling the PvP aspect to get a feel for the game or is it basically a free for all wherever you go?

> AHA YOU HAVE LOST BECAUSE I HIT YOUR PRESSURE POINTS WITH MY ONE INCH PUNCH
> Not wanting to be like Fist of the North Star and make people hemorrhage blood out out of every orifice by hitting their pressure points and screaming ATATATATA

No, there is no OCE server for launch so the game is already dead here.

Eh, the Australian government would probably have just tried to find an excuse to ban it anyway

>Fist of the North Star
>dex

currently slapping some major shit with kahlt.

you can stay in offline mode until you feel ready

Have you ever read/watched the thing?

how does absorb work?

Consider it a "poise on demand" button, plus the extra of the damage you get hit for being recoverable if you hit the opponent first afterwards.

Are there any other weapons aside from swords? I'd like to shove a stick up people's assholes.

Stick is coming out someday, only glove weapons are the other option for now.

So like armored moves from fighting games. It makes you Zangief.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Sort of, you can't attack during the animation, so your job is to make sure your poise runs out exactly after the opponents attack collides with you. That way you get the most of their recovery to fuck their shit up.

In that regard, khalt is the hardest defensive ability to time to use efficiently.

Absorb is a little hard to time yeah but holy shit I hit like a truck. Each fight is like a thousand little needles. I'm sometimes suprised of how much I can take.

What do I do after beating the chick at the top of the tower?
Where's Jinn Mesca?
How do I get rid of my duplicate gear?
Why are Trials online-only when there's offline content that requires them?

>shilling this hard
I don't know what else I expected from Sup Forums I guess.

Sorry people talking about video games on a board for video games offends you so much
>>Sup Forums
is that way if you're more interested in talking about how much you love sucking trap dick

>Sorry people talking about video games on a board for video games offends you so much
This is some reddit-tier responding.

>>Sorry people talking about video games on a board for video games offends you so much
This is some reddit-tier greentext.

>it's an "equip the fastest attacks and you can't lose" episode
lmao skill-based.

Bought it, making your own moveset looks cool.
But still pissed that some streamer crap play it early.

Don't worry the servers will never be up long enough for you to connect to anyone anyway.

I'm still fuckin pissed that PS4 is getting it so much earlier than PC

>Now all your attacks have an extremely predictable range and have no guardbreak properties
shieeeeeeeeeet

>A game where the only way to out-play an opponent is to just simply play so much that you've burned everything into your memory is not good game design.
fucking what

Doesn't matter, fast out-prioritizes everything in this busted game.

You autists need to learn the difference between experience and skill. They're not synonyms.

>this style has very obvious counterplay
>NO IT DOESN'T I WATCHED SOME STREAMERS AND NOW COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE GAME

>I SMASH MUH FISTS IN OTHERS
>is so slow he couldn't even scratch his ass while stationary

why in gods name would want to play a character like this

tell me fucker, how you gain your skill? through what? say it

coordination

And how do you get better at that, mother fucker

this can only boil down to you ever saying two things, one which would completely invalidate what you've said up to this point or the other which just makes everyone question why you're here. So like, kill yourself or something.