What was the point of changing her name from Yuugiri to Reina?

What was the point of changing her name from Yuugiri to Reina?
Also, thoughts on the Kinshi Knight class?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_s6o21bN8w
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was the point of changing her name from Harold to Arthur?

Kinshe's alright.

No idea on the name. Other stuff like Kazahana -> Hana or Suzukaze -> Kaze made a bit more sense. Still kind of silly to shorten the names though.

As for Kinshi Knights, I thought they were pretty cool. Neat animations like jumping high into the air to shoot. Flying bowman is a useful thing and they're a great anti air class, especially with Air Superiority. It's a shame it's not really necessary usually. The only map that I made extensive use of Kinshi Knight on was on Hinoka's map. It's also too bad that their stats are mediocre. I get that it's got the makings of a powerful class (both bow and melee, plus flying) but they really didn't need to make it's stats so bad. I wouldn't mind if they expanded on the flying archer more in the next games.

Their stats are kinda low and their skills aren't too good.

kinshi knights are a decent idea on paper, but enemy flyers tend to come in groups, and without a way to deal with them on enemy phase it's easy for a kinshi knight to get overwhelmed. they should have a skill that lets them counter flying units at 1-range with bows or something.

also, amaterasu is a retarded skill to give to a unit who's explicit purpose is to be in places your other units can't get to.

>yuugiri
>YOUR GAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>reina
>GAY NAH

both are shit

>not a gen 1 unit
>can't support with anyone, not even Orochi (they were both Mikoto's retainers)

I'm baffled on half of the changes. What's the point in chopping half of the character's names like Suzukaze to Kaze or Yatogami to Yato.
Does NoA think we're stupid enough to not pronounce Tsubaki right so they just make it Subaki?
What's the point of going from Aqua to Azura?

But the one that makes the least amount of sense is Belka to Beruka.

>leon
>leo

Speaking of which
Which Corrinsexual should I fuck in Conquest? I went with a +Skl -Luck Corrin.

It never mattered to me because I only pick up a few kids in Conquest.

>Also, thoughts on the Kinshi Knight class?
They have the unfortunate fate of being in Birthright, the route where everyone not named Ryoma, Takumi, and Oboro might as well just not exist.
Unless you're dumb enough to make your Shigure one instead of a falcon knight, good fucking luck on that last map in that case.

They received a bonus for meeting a number of "changes to the script" quota. It's why nearly every support differs drastically from the Japanese version, why everyone's characterization is "memelord" instead of whatever personality they had, and why Harold is now Arthur (????).

Is this the worst character in the history of Fire Emblem?

>dude born in Hoshido
>named Corrin
None of NOA's changes made sense and I still laugh at people who actually paid money for their shit release.

He wasn't born in Hoshido actually. There are a lot of dumb things about the localization, but that's not one of them.

Yes, it was.

He was named by a Hoshidan though

Eugenics mean fuck all in Fates outside of a few select kids. None of which are Kanna.

Little shit.

But Mikoto was also born in Valla, it's revealed.

>this meme again

>Harold is now Arthur
>he still has a belt that has a fat H on it

no, that's Corn

Occam's Razor.

It doesn't really matter; I always call her MOMMY anyway

Are Nyx and/or Odin worth using? I've heard magic was useless in Fates, but I found it extremely useful in Birthright with all the high def low res enemies in later levels.

As much as everybody loves to say someone is so bad or the worst thing in Fates, the whole game would unironically 100% be made absolutely better if Anankos didn't exist.

Fire Emblem Fates' localization is a showcase of incompetence all around. It's an embarrassment to NoA, and is a why using the word Treehouse when it comes to things qualifies as an insult.

>Going on Nohr's side

Not while she exists, user.

fuck you i was gonna use that

No you're thinking of Hinoka. An uglier Sully with less personality and even less plot significance.

>Kazahana -> Hana

Which is funny because Kazahana means Winter Breeze, a Japanese pun for Tomboy. Not to mention Tsubaki is camellia, the flower of sadness, Subaki has no meaning.

The localisation is such a joke. Removing names like Eponine is fucking stupid too, I'm surprised they let Soleil keep her name and not call her Sally or Sarah or something. Why the fuck would you localise a European faction to be LESS EUROPEAN?

They're both shit but at least one route is actually difficult

man what a little crybaby bitch
how can anybody waifu her?

Kana almost always sucks unless you go full minmax autism stat stacking. Follow your heartdick.

Anna's lines got ruined by the localisation, might as well go for Flora. Her passive skill is good and more staff users in Conquest is great.

Magic isn't useless so much as it is nerfed. It's useful for some enemies like Stoneborn and Generals because powerful mages can one shot them.

The problem is compounded because Nyx and Odin kind of suck. Nyx has the constitution of tissue paper and can also not hit the side of a barn. Her HP and Def is so goddamn low that she's liable to get one shot by anything.

Odin on the other hand is victim to silly growth rates. Basically it's too balanced. He has an OK strength growth for a magic unit so that he can transition to Swordmaster if he wants. Still, he can be decent if his growths don't screw him too much. They're all about 50, so it's a tossup. His passive is good for hitting crits. Make a custom Mjolnir tome and he'll be a crit machine.

They get worse in Revelations because the unit balance is atrocious in that, so don't use them in that.

Odin's daughter is probably one the best mage in the game. Has an absurd magic cap (especially with Elise mother), is pretty fast and has an innate crit passive that may as well be for free (carry 3 or more tomes for crit bonus). Get her if you really want a good magic user.

>Why the fuck would you localise a European faction to be LESS EUROPEAN?
inb4 the Treehouse version of Fates 2 you know it'll happen faggots turns characters black

Nyx is great

change Odin to Samurai

Elise is one of your best units

I don't know why I expected so much out of Fates story. I really thought they'd knock it out of the park this time. The premise, setting, and characters (at first) seemed to be GOTY levels in my opinion. Having to chose the country you were born in or the one that raised you was great. Having one country lush with resources and refusing to share leaving the barren country with no other option but to raid could have been great and made Nohrians into something other than just evil for the sake of being evil, rather fighting for self preservation other than just because.
I could go on and on about this but I get the feeling everyone already knows this and I don't want to make a wall of text.

TL;DR I got excited for something and got betrayed expectations.

Valla is such a mess, it doesn't even have a constant theme.

You have weeb names like Shenmei/ Arete and Mikoto, then fantasy names like Anankos, and then Western names like Anthony and Lilith.

What was ruined about Anna?

If you don't mind DLC, Odin is great as a Grandmaster or Dark Flier.

Nyx is a blind glass cannon, so just make sure nothing ever hits her.

Odin's child's chapter has some of the best loot in the game and is too good to not play, even if you have no desire to use Ophelia (who's the best magic user in the game).
Nyx is okay but gets outclassed by literally every magic user not named Odin later on. Until the very late chapters there aren't many low-res enemies, and a lot of them have 1-2 or higher range.

all name changes are dumb as shit nintendo are niggers

kamui to corin LMAO

fucking japanese sounding name because you're meant to be assimilated into hoshido but they change it to CORRIN

LMAO

oh and they changed leo from leon for no reason so in shity echoes(bad dub there too btw) leo is now leon

and "faye" is really effie but nope they changed the stupid armor bitch name and completey changed her character with that voice

all of fe localization is shit and deserves to die

Her romantic lines were replaced with "lol money money money I love money so much"

Fire Emblem has always had a bunch of pointless name changes, even since the GBA days. What goes through localization company's minds is a mystery.

what was great about anna
all i can remember is that she is a money grubbing slut

She had great hip movement in Awakening.

You could probably do her for a few shekels.

Corrin being a blatan self-insert mary sue chosen one with dragon powers that the entire plot revolves around should have tipped you off user

We didn't know that until later.

The localization was a mess as a whole, including the voice direction.
Do any Fates characters have a better English voice than in Japanese?

I still 100 percent believe the only reason why facepetting and risque bikini were cut was to drum up controversy.

Not even remotely. Even the shitty jap voices are replaced by homeless people in the dub

Only if you pair Nyx with Leo since they're so goddamned cute together. Beyond that, no.

not really

>Corrin being a blatan self-insert mary sue chosen one with dragon powers

I don't even understand why people bring this up so much, it's literally forgotten by Chapter 6 and never becomes relevant again. Hell, a few chapters later it's all about the Royals. Corrin gets his dick sucked a lot but doesn't actually do much in cutscenes, the Royals take up like 80% of the screentime.

Hell, Leo and the Yato have more plot importance than Corrin.

Anna Merchant edit when?

>Flora.
I really wish Flora didn't get so shafted as a playable unit. Her stats don't really make her conducive to fighting at all. At least with Felicia she can nuke stuff with Flame Shuriken. Flora so unbelievably slow for a maid it's unreal. Level 5 Maid and she has fucking 15 Speed. And her highest stat is skill at 25, which is pointless because Daggers are already accurate and she can't hit hard enough for crits to matter. Why. All that and she comes late too. I like Flora as a character and I like the Maid aesthetic, so it's really a shame that Flora may as well just be a staffbot.

She lost her mind after conquest right? or probably killed herself

youtube.com/watch?v=l_s6o21bN8w
Not really desu
Maybe Oboro, but I find her voice cute in an annoying yet also endearing way.

I mean, it worked.

Peri's english voice is better than her weird loli japanese voice

She always died on my playthroughs because she's directly in front of Takumi's stairs and she chases you.

On the other hand, Hinata usually lives. His formation is annoying to bait out because they don't like to make a move unless they can get a kill. So I just fly skip him usually. I'd like to think that Hinata just gets depressed and drinks or something.

It balances out since I made her Fatesland's happiest woman in Birthright.

She dies in Conquest, you kill her at the Great Wall of Takumi.

Takumi is the only main character who acts like he actually has a brain. It's fucking ridiculous.

I've never beaten conquest but have 100+ hours in it because I have gotten about 30 hours into a save several times then say "you know what, this isn't very fun, is it?" and quit

then I come back to it later and restart the game.

WHY

I hate the gimmick maps too much.

Also I love echoes, am I a shit?

i meant that after her parents were killed by nohrians, hoshido got fucked up by garon and his mens and Takumi's death, she wouldn't have been able to keep her sanity

No, you have good taste

Well shit, I'm not getting Conquest then
I love Oboro too much

You should at least ride it out. The only reason why I made a new save is because I think it's mathematically impossible for me to beat endgame with my units. If you must, there's always wireless features you can abuse.

echoes is a remake of an older game so of couses it gonna be a bit better

>Xander
>hurr durr all these Hoshido ninja keep coming for this Hoshido price my father brought home, they are clearly evil people that want to hurt him since my father definitely rescued him like the honorable man he is
>Ryoma
>Corrin, join us, your (not)blood-related family and take up your (not)birthright as a true (Vallite)Hoshidan!

Forget Corrin. Xander and Ryoma are the real problems, they need to be replaced with Leo and Takumi.

I honestly feel this way about Felicia. She's like the textbook example of when you imagine a squeeky high pitched Japanese little girl voice. Her English voice works perfectly in a way that I don't even think was very intentional.

i had't been able to beat Lunatic/Classic conquest without DLC stuff, it is always the stairway chapter that fucks me up, you can't farm shit and have to chessed it and the later chapter's units have bullshit skills

>Takumi's death, she wouldn't have been able to keep her sanity

Have you played Conquest? She's a boss you have to kill, she blocks the way to Takumi.

I like Nyx's English voice better, I find it combined with her dialogue amusing.

She's not Conquest Hinoka at least.
>so wet for your little brother you train as a Sky Knight and attempt to solo Nohr several times to get him back
>finally reunite only for him to go back to Nohr after your mother is killed
>he leads an army on your kingdom and both your brothers die
>have to become queen despite seemingly having no desire to do so

i always beat endgame with the rescue strategy since there is no other way to beat it on Lunatic

>Ryoma knowing and not telling you that you aren't blood related until after you're about to fuck one of them shows that the Hoshidans have a more manipulative side than they let on
>never comes up ever.

Gaiden is the worst game in the series though.
I have no idea why they decided to remake it, as nice as the result turned out.

Actually I'm pretty sure you don't have to kill her. The objective is seize, so all you technically need to do is kill Takumi who is blocking the gate.

There's a variety of ways you can bypass her. Freeze her in place repeatedly, do LTC tricks to move over to Takumi before she can attack, box her in with non-attacking units, etc.

i already beat conquest but i thought that retainers always survived the missions, also Corrin didn't killed Hoshidans it was Garon

Guess who didn't know that and used a rescue staff while missing the other?

>mfw playing Echoes made Fates look better by comparison and allowed me to complete it

Don't get me wrong, Echoes looks damn good visually and has a great OST and voice acting, but I don't know how people can stomach the gameplay. And Alm/ Celica was so bad it made Fates supports look less awful by comparison.

Then again, I fucking hate Gaiden, I never even finished Gaiden because I was bored out of my mind when playing it.

I think it would have been fun to see Hinoka and Camilla as the main lords. A lance using flier and an axe using flier would have been interesting, especially with both being female, potential rivals, and still second to their older brothers.
I wonder why all the sisters got shafted out of legendary weapons.

Conaquest story is trash, there is no way Hoshido will ever forgive Nohr and Corrin, both their parents died protecting him from coward Nohr tactics and he still side with Nohr knowing the truth

The only retainers who are shown to survive are Azama, Setsuna, Hana and Subaki. Hana and Subaki are explicitly mentioned as having been taken prisoner along with Sakura because Corn suggested taking them hostage so they wouldn't get executed. Azama and Setsuna escape with Hinoka. Oboro, Hinata, Saizo and Kagero have no more appearances after their chapters because they can either live or die. So it's basically not mentioned what happened to them explicitly if they didn't get killed in map.

that happened to me on my first lunatic playthrough so i have to be a bitch and lower the difficulty until later play it again but this time ready

True, but sparing her when killing Takumi is something Camilla would probably do, I don't want to be THAT evil.

Certain units survive, and others you can spare. If you take out Oboro in Conquest 23, she says "I should have told you... how I felt... Lord Takumi... I have always... loved... ..." and then dies.

>no timeskip afterstory where Sakura becomes a cold blooded leader who usurps the throne and takes over Nohr with her army

Conquest's early to mid game is its strongest point. The chapters start becoming very party/build-dependent at around 22 onwards to the point where it can be literally impossible to complete.

Xander is Garon's dog or a puppet in both birthright and conquest, i don't know why he is so popular

Who does Kana have the cutest mother-daughter moment with?

It was down to Oboro, Caeldori, Rhajat, and OP'a pic. I regret every day not going after Reina.

>I wonder why all the sisters got shafted out of legendary weapons

Because Otome Emblem, just like how Awakening was Waifu Emblem.

Just look at FemCorrin's customisation compared to MaCorrin.

And if you play the Japanese version, the men have ludicrously suggestive dialogue in their MyRoom events.

>Asking why Treehouse changed a name
Because they felt like it I guess they always change names for nonsensical reasons in Fire Emblem, just look at FE9-10.

Your waifu
The Kanas and their various mothers all have really cute conversations in the (untranslated) festival DLC.