Sea of Thieves 540p 15 fps

So this is the power of current gen consoles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXf-k_3CCdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>540p
>15 fps
Why the fuck would anyone choose to use that?

That's for the PC version LOL
most pcbros have shit pcs so you can sorta see why they'd add that option

Isn't this a multiplayer only game? Day Z but with cartoon pirates?

Satire?

Nigga what ?

ocarina of time nostalgia

It looks like they did it for PC players
>"We're trying to go as low as possible," explains Neat. "We have an idea of what the minimum specs are but aren't quite ready to reveal them. We've actually been inviting people below our current plan for minimum specs into the technical alpha so we can test a number things on the performance side. This game looks so great regardless of the device you're playing on. Of course it's gonna look great in 4K, 60fps but it also looks great at minimum spec because the art style is purposefully timeless."

>Timmins adds: "We've actually added a 540p mode, so you can go below HD. We've also added a 15 fps framerate lock because when we were talking to the community some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second. We were like: that's actually really cool, we should support that. And to them go to them and say, oh, we've added that mode for you—it's below our Rare certified min spec, but if you're enjoying the game, why should we as developers knock you for that?"

The game looks like garbage why shouldn't everyone have a pc for it?

>when we were talking to the community some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second. We were like: that's actually really cool, we should support that

Holy shit it's real. I'm in the alpha on the OG Xbox One and they are ramping up the fucking graphics. I heard the One X booth at Gamescom had a 3-4 hour line. It looks GORGEOUS. This will be a very demanding game and this is obviously for complete toasters. Seriously tho, 15fps.

540p is ok since ps2 was lower BUT the human eye can only see to 24fps and detect fps loss at 20fps

all this game needs is 5fps more. maybe drop res to 340p

>it also looks great at minimum spec because the art style is purposefully timeless."
if people are still making shitty CG cartoonshit games in the future I'm killing myself right now

>PC players in charge of begging

Whoa so this is the power of Windows 10 gaming.

you should have killed yourself when either
XIII (2003)
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (2002)
Fear Effect (1999)
Mega Man Legends (1997)
etc. came out

>2
I think you guys mix PC players and third worlders, i imagine the average PC in south america and russia are complete shit

Eh, whatever gonna make the game sell better
As long its initially 4k 60fps

This.

Sounds like they are prepping that 3DS port.

all the resources are taken up to keep Cortana and it's gps in the system memory just in case you need to find the latest LGBTQIRT centre in the middle of Halo 9 playthru number 7.

Captcha : end it

>540p
>3DS
I fucking wish

How the fuck do you get in the alpha?

why stop at 540p. Why not go even lower with 360p, appease the braun tube tv users.

I'm confused, is this supposed to be newsworthy?

Wow, you can change your game's resolution, as well as cap the FPS, amazing!

Next news: Sea of Thieves will launch with a volume slider

It's probably because this game is pretty much marketed for the same groups that get hooked on Minecraft and Terarria and whatnot, and those are mostly played by kids with shit laptops.

Have an Xbox and subscribe to the next wave. I've been in the first wave over a year ago and it seems like every 3 weeks theres a fucking 12 gig patch. Pretty certain there is still a NDA and it blast your gamertag with watermarks all over the screen so I doubt there is many people showing it on youtube.

Name 1(ONE) game ever released that had an optional 15fps lock.

>Human eye can only see 24 FPS
>12 per eye
>You're a pirate
>You have one eye
Thats a whole new level of immersion

Most PC games have a "pick your max fps" box

You're a fucking moron. You know that, right?

launching a pirate console MMO on a failed console.

after this, rare is done.

>15 fps
>wanting to relive the long nights of trying to play vidya on your shitty intel HD.
fuck that

World of Warcraft

>set max FPS to 15 in control panel
>every game is now locked to 15 fps
Wowzers

The human eye can see a lot more than 24fps. 24 is basically the lower extreme of the population distribution.

>ye c
and the fps debate fuckin BEGINS NOW

-----------NEWSFLASH----------

15fps at 540p is equivalent to 24fps at 720p

fps loss cant be perceived at lower resolutions

it all makes sense now

>some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second. We were like: that's actually really cool, we should support that.

brazillians, i...

You can generally just set that yourself cause you know lots of options are normal on PC

ree

I have a 10 year old laptop for media, VNs and Falcom.

Obviously I have no interest in Western games especially not a MMO.

What do gay people have to do with Windows 10

I dont have a real issue with scaleable settings.
Thats how it should be.

Its kinda annoying that I cannot play modern fighting games on my somewhat outdated laptop at this point just because they put too many polygons into females asses.
The gameplay itself is shit that worked on the PS2 already.

I got a good home PC but it severely limits my options when playing outside.

I didn't know the game was coming to PS4

fuck that shit I'm staying with Blackwake
A much more fun Pirate simulator, and you can name your ship the King Nigger

I mean.. It's pointless but it probably cost next to nothing to implement so hey why not

no ,these thing are always "supported" on pc

They're releasing a Switch version?

15fps is not really even close to being playable,that a fucking slide show tier.

I like to play rpgs but never played one of Falcom i think, are they good?

youtube.com/watch?v=lXf-k_3CCdY

the idea of toaster gaming is to get a decent framerate by lowering everything you can
not to fucking lock it and a shit ass framrate and deal with it

im not sure whos more retarded the people who wanted it or the devs for going along with such a blatantly stupid idea

>540p is ok since ps2 was lower BUT the human eye can only see to 24fps and detect fps loss at 20fps

this is the dumbest meme Ive ever heard
then how come 60 fps looks smoother than 30?
its because the eye can detect it

damn son

Switch exclusive?

>60 fps looks smoother than 30

that is really dumb. I lock games at 30fps on my $3k pc.

you detect fps loss when fps flactuate around 30fps NOT at stable 30fps

the human mind can only process a limited fps

here's your (you), redditor.

Happy to see sailing sims coming alive, first I hear of this and one will check it out. So which came first, BW or SoP? They look near identical save for the art styles.

Oh you

>3k pc
$1500 is the power limit shithead
i can easily tell the difference between 45 fps and 60, 30 is just lag

bud i wuz ownwee twee

How is it possible to be this oblivious to sarcasm?

Blackwake started as a concept in 2014, but its kikestarter failed. When Sea of Thieves was announced in 2015, they saw there was a market, did another one, and reached their goal.

It's just 2 developers (who outsource some stuff) working on the game atm. I'm shilling it for free because I've gotten 50 hours out of the game so far and I'm enjoying it. There's 16 weapons, 2 factions, 6 ships, 5 environments and 4 game modes.

For your info and consumer choice, seeing as you like sailing games come out, Ubisoft is also working on their own sailing game as a spinoff of AC: Black Flag, which might be cool, but it doesn't seem as good as Blackwake to me IMO, because you only control the ship, and can't be a crewman or boarder IIRC.

Blackwake is the most realistic of the three, Sea of Thieves is more co-op based and cartoony,
and the Ubisoft one is a middle point between the two. So you'll be spoiled for choice

>15 fps
console fags on suicide watch

>Kangz Negro
More like Blackwoke, fuck Drumpf

This is for PC only.

>We’ve always searched for a pirate game that made you feel as if you were actually part of the crew rather than just commanding AI or playing in an RTS perspective. The results of our search were disappointing as nothing was at the level we were hoping for. This lead to the creation of Blackwake.
>Blackwake takes inspiration from Pirates of the Caribbean (the films), Pirate Ship Wars (Garry's Mod) and even the old Battlefield: Pirates mod. Our goal is to make a valuable contribution to the naval genre, as Blackwake creates the experiences we have been after ourselves.

t. console fag

make Rare great again

Xbox One X: Native 4k 60fps
Average Steam PC: 540p 15fps

The PC thieves guild just can't compete

This. Microsoft is desperately looking for their next Minecraft which becomes even more apparent when you hear Shannon from Microsoft Studios speak out about Xbox's exclusive lineup. They want to produce these streamable titles and hope it sticks not unlike PubG.

Mustards are holding back game development

You sound like someone who just read a recent interview

>Optional

OK good for them

You realize FPS affects the gameplay, not just to the visual smoothness, you ridiculous ape.

Stylized visuals will always be superior to realism.

That said, Sea of Thieves looks like a mobile game.

>when we were talking to the community some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second. We were like: that's actually really cool, we should support that

For fucks sake. We need to fucking form like a union of gamers or something to protect ourselves from rogue shitcunts like this who go out of their way to slop up developers shit into their mouths. How do we protect ourselves from retards who are contented with shit. They will continue to drive down the quality of games until we are getting the game sliced into a hundred peices, buy the game get 1 mission free, buy every subsequent mission for $4.99, graphical options at 99 cents each. Basic res is 240x360 at 15fps but for just $9.99 you can more than double that up to 720p and 30fps.

You're holding back the average IQ of the world.

>game on PC has graphics settings
Wow, what a scoop. Was this an exclusive story?

Is there a problem? It's just one of many available options right? Does it actually take a significant amount of dev time to enable such options?

>Does it actually take a significant amount of dev time to enable such options?
no

>We need to fucking form like a union of gamers
This is the most reddit thing I have ever read on Sup Forums. Pls kys.

Okay but I hope you are content seeing gaming gettting worse and worse and doing nothing to prevent it.

Retards who will unironically accept 15fps actually need to the physically prevented from buying and playing games.

How so

>people who want graphics options need to be prevented from buying games
Good job. Go back.

Its cool

>fps loss cant be perceived at lower resolutions
*at the same dpi with resolution increased

I didn't even know about this game, thanks OP. Is it gonna be Windows store exclusive though, cus fuck that shit

i didn't mean stylized visuals were bad, but this shit looks like a fusion of warcraft, league of legends and cheap CG cartoons that even child me knew were shit

as long as they're allowing other people to play at higher resolutions/framerate, i'm okay with that. they're just inviting people with weaker machines to play their game. besides, it's not like there are plenty of faggots with $2000 machines who don't even know which way is up or down regardless of how their game looks.

lol nice. I have friends with shit laptops whom will I'll be able to play with in this case.

>these are the types of people who consider themselves "master race"

>All these faggots who fell for obvious bait

just 3rd world eastern yuropeons / south americunts

>we were talking to the community some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second

Some bums say that they're completely happy living under a bridge too but that doesn't make it an acceptable way of living.