Which game is the best open world literal sandbox?

Which game is the best open world literal sandbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOqP3wj2x14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really Sandbox but Xenoblade Chronicles X has the best open world yet hands down. These guys are pros.

best sandbox GTA v undeniably.
The most fun to explore has to be witcher 3

Is the world more interactive than Xenoblade Chronicles? It irritated me that there was this big-ass world with nothing to do in it other than fight monsters.

Final Fantasy XIII

>no one getting the literal part
You all need some rope

>Is the world more interactive than Xenoblade Chronicles?

No.

>underwhelming entry in a great series
>rushed cash-in dogshit that loses any lustre within the first hour of playing it
Wow OP that's a tough one!

Farcry 2

Fallout1

X can be emulated now, right? Always looked interesting.

>sand

>It irritated me that there was this big-ass world with nothing to do in it other than fight monsters.

its literally the same thing.
I honestly do think the world looks much better than the first game though but yeah, its just a big ass world but you dont really do anything in it other than fight big ass monsters.

i know some drone is gonna say otherwise and try their hardest to defend the game.

Minecraft with mods

There's nothing wrong with that though.

youtube.com/watch?v=uOqP3wj2x14

>There's nothing wrong with that though.
>nothing wrong

i bet you think BOTW is perfectly fine by just having shrines spread around a big open map and nothing else.
this is partly why gaming is dying because faggots like you who are ok with developers being lazy fucks.

I'm not a fan of sandbox games, they're coarse and rough and it's irritating going everywhere.

I was with you until you brought BotW into it. XBX's world is disappointing because your interaction with the world is practically nonexistent to the point where you're character model will phase right through almost everything. The very first thing I tried to do in that game was run up the millesaur's back. I found out I could not do that and then discovered I could walk through his feet like a ghost. The only real interaction you have with this world that isn't a menu or a battle are when navigating the areas that have vertical level design, those areas help the game out immensely.
In Zelda's case I thought the world was far more intractable than any other open world. This owes a lot to the game's physics engine which is often the unsung hero of what really makes the game. The shrines are an attempt at holding onto an outdated concept but they make for a nice enough progression tracker. The puzzles and mysteries and challenges and experimentation that exists in the open world is the real reason to play the game.

I thought that was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for a bit there. That game was the bee's knees.

There is depth to the world of XCX, It's all crafted in a way that would make sense for an alien planet. Zelda is just big for the sake of being big and has too few enemey variety for it to be great. A world doesnt have to be 100% interactive to be good.

>Whoopsie!

Mad Max was a pretty good and fun game, although a bit too much grinding

Your standards are horrible, the game's one saving grace is the vehicle combat and even then it's not worth playing the rest of the game for it.
You can have more fun playing an AssCreed game than this shit.