Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/478884/
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_canon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>asXas
Fuck him. He lost all my respect.

>modding is now paid pseudo-dlc
RIP

Got nothing against modders trying to get paid for their skills, but no way in hell I'm buying purely cosmetic DLC for a single player game.

It sucks I know.
But it was our fault... he sign up in Creation Club because Nexus modding community doesnt give money.

Not all all.
Some modders will continue working for free.

You can find all these mods for pirate already. I love Creation Club, modders are actually excited to work on mods and improve them to get money, we can pirate it and get good well done mods for free. We all win.

They give 100 free bethesda coins or whatever the hell they're called right?

Can you even purchase something with 100?

I'd be willing to pay for well-made gameplay altering mods, but not this lazy cosmetic shit. It's bad enough that Bethesda is releasing armors from their other games on the "user modding" store.

you can get the bland power armor paint or two pipboy skins

>asXas
shit weapons.
>Elianora
meme modders lol who gives a fuck.
>FadingSignal
literally who?

I'm still waiting to see what crap is produced for Skyrim.
Trainwiz defended the shit outta this thing, so whatever he made better be amazing.

>asXas
>shit weapons

WHAT?
Literally he made the best lore-friendly weapons on nexus aside from modern crap and russian AKs.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/478884/

All mods need to have the option to sell but also the option to receive donations while providing the content for free.
Some people would rather have people contribute willingly rather than begrudgingly.
Content creators will put more effort into their work if alternative work is available.

>Blue electric tape makes everything lore friendly
LOL

So asXas is working with Bethesda now? LOL that's explain why he merged all his free mods.
Also I can't do any decent animation without Hirtman or Haxorus.

im actually a developer and i would like to get paid for my mods... but directly from the developer and they have to include my content in totally free update patches for the user.

*Hitman47101 and TheShinyHaxorus

The most fun part about this is that you're forced to download every single mod they release on the creation club, whether you buy them or not. And they've already put out 3 gigs of content already.

Hope you bought that terabyte SSD user. :^)

why don't they just make fucking patreons?
they could earn as much if not more because bethesda wouldn't take 90% of their shit

Doesn't this mean I can pirate the absolute fuck out of it all?

ironic since he made a mod featuring SVT-40. fuck you and fuck white people.

Actually, user, they get 100%. The modmaker gets about 10 bucks for their mod, and afterward Bethesda gets all profits from that point.

Not even necessary. All you'd have to do is download the proper ESL file (or whatever) that unlocks the content, since the only thing that flags them as available to the user is a singular file, which is speculated to be really easy to emulate. I forgot the exact details, but Bethesda screwed up badly here.

How do you know that?

yeah like that's ever gonna happen

Shit aye, I thought you'd have to run a third party thing to bypass all the bethesda.net shit. Well I hope they know that all PC users will probably just pirate since it's easy as fuck.

They confirmed it. Long ago.
Also the only important modder who isn't involved with Bethesda now is Gambit77 because they ignore him lol

I don't think they accounted for PC gamers. This was a loophole measure made primarily to bypass console limitations, in particular a rule about "loose data". Essentially they can't have more than a few files downloaded to Ps4 and Xbox unless they're directly part of the game itself, so these mandatory downloads bypass that rule. And the best part is that they can't fix it, because it requires major backtracking of how they operate the CC. So if you have Fallout 4, prepare for 20 more gigs of useless garbage data.

Fuck those Jews and fuck their content.
What about Skyrim? Who is involved with Bethesda now?

>Jews
So you can't get money for your work now?
Who is the jew? the modders who work for their money or you, who want everything for free?

Skyrim is too big for any modder to have any real sway. Only the extension script team matters, everyone else can easily be replaced. That's part of the reason they gave up so easily on it, and built the heaping pile of shit that is FO4 from the ground up to be a Skyrim that they have complete control over the modding scene.

Reminder people like Eliasnora are a shill operation from the G G period, when s j w wanted to push more girls in game design. They saw a chance with F4 modding to entrench grrls into modding. She had a loooot of help from others including access to dlc content before it was released

it very likely will happen, though probably not with a game like skyrim.

the game im working for is from a small indie developer whose game will have a very very long lifespan. and for them, its much cheaper to pay an indie just a small fraction of a full salary one time for rights to a mod.

If we lost Arthmoor we lost everything.

MannyGT

That motherfucker only made the unofficial patch nobody gives a fuck about his content, not even Bethesda.

>Painting tape instead of duct tape
He's shit.

It's not like CC sales affects how much they get paid. They already made their money from selling their work to Bethesda.

pros of paid mods
>more mods
>higher quality mods (a paid product has to work)
>modders are closer to Bethesda and might land a job

cons of paid mods
>developers might get lazy (won't get far without complaints if semi essential fixes like skse are paid mods)
>poor people can't have nice things

>a paid product has to work
t. has never touched a Bethesda product before

Well that's great news. CC creators are essentially being paid by Bethesda for their work, and your mods are downloaded as part of patches regardless of the user's decision to purchase them. Since they're already on the user's PC using unpacking tools to activate the items without purchasing is not considered piracy. So all of your criteria are met as long as the user's not retarded.

>higher quality mods
>*releases hundreds of ¢99 textures and recolours, because that's infinitely easier and more bang for your time than a well thought out quest mod*

>If we lost Ousnius and Caliente we lost everything.
Fixed.

>what are filters
>how does a search engine work

>>(a paid product has to work)
AHAHAHAHA JUST LIKE FALLOUT 4 EH? LMAOOOOOOO

That's what they said for steam greenlight.

Make your own game.

As long as there isn't a feeling of risking someone coming along and stealing your shit. Assuming the creation club is highly curated and restrictive then tha should be less of an issue.

AKs are highly lore-friendly. Chinese style ak was featured in F3, the AK was made before the setting went really off the tracks of modern history. M16 is too given the service rifle/survivalist rifle of new vegas is one.

If Fallout Tactics is canon then a whole lot of cold war shit like the Mp5, Uzi, Scorpio, FN p90c, m14, Fn FAL, M249 SAW are canonical According to fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_canon with the citation being the lead designer for fallout 3 and 4 . However it's 'semi canon' but anything 1950s and 1960s seems reasonable to exist in the Fallout universe. P90 and Pancor jackhammer are stupid. I still loved the jackhammer in Fallout Tactics multiplayer

>mods are downloaded as part of patches regardless of the user's decision to purchase them
I know people will instantly say I'm third-worlder or burger or whatever to evade topic, but that's bullshit, forcing people to download what they can't use is scamming. Not everyone have unlimited internet, and noone has unlimited HDDs.

>(a paid product has to work)
IT JUST WORKS

I wish I could be more mobile in that game.

Just you wait until they start adding new quest and new map areas
oh wait that's not going to happen lol, it will just be reskins and shitty weapons

Obsidian is working with Bethesda on the Creation Club :^)

>Bethesda screwed up
No, they've never tried too hard to put DRM on their games, since getting DRM to play nice with Mods is hard. They put in token effort to apease shareholders and leave it at that.

delete this

CURATED

I think so. Todd will be angry because I spotted his plans.

It had better at least be tested. Maxwell's World would have been god tier if it wasn't the buggiest piece of shit in the world.

Here's a con for you: Bethesda decides who gets into the creation club based on whether they make the kind of mods Bethesda wants to sell. Which means that modders who previously made mods that were widely appreciated by the community are now heavily incentivized to try to appeal to Bethesda instead, since money is worth more than appreciation. And so far, Bethesda has shown that they're interested in pushing out cashgrabbing micro-DLC.

Even if I could get all the paid mods for free, that one con far outweighs the nearly non-existant pros.

stop trying to exploit peoples goodwill you fucking kike. This is why everyone hates you

So does that mean you can just buy a mod within the game and instantly start using it without having to close the game and download it? That's the only explanation I can think of.

Would actually be pretty convenient, but also fucking retarded if you don't have unlimited bandwidth and HDD space, and high enough speed that you never have to wait for a download.

At least sex mods will stay free.

I'm really interested in the Skyrim Creation Club, I've talked to some of the people working in it, it's basically you can make whatever you want if you can justify the content being a part of your mod, and there are multiple large mods coming out for it.

Some of the content from the gamejam is making it into Skyrim proper.

Original Voice Actors are recording new lines

The only content I know for sure about is the addition of Spears and throwing weapons.

Developers only get paid to make the content.

>mods

Oh no, umm technically they are DLCs and not mods due to the way they are developed, it's more like Sonic Mania if Sonic Mania was DLC, and new content will be considered Lore, guess what's officially entering Elder Scrolls Lore?

The only thing that's true of this is that there are bigger mods in development.

I'd at best pay 5$ for a mod like improved cities in oblivion/skyrim. but these fuckos asking that for reskins and bland weapon designs. lul. guess I'll just stick to getting them for free

wow I can't wait to pay for content that should have been in the game in the first place

Don't lie.

>pay
>when it's super easy to pirate the content

A man pirates, a console peasant pays.

>Teмнaя кoмпaния aдa
what the fuck

I'm not. That's straight from trainwiz, and trainwiz can't make models.

>modder: Wall-eyed
>paid content: normal eyes
Huh, makes you think...

>modders think they will make royalty sales
>bethesda is only paying you to make the mod and fuck off
>all sales go to bethesda
>modders are little more than commissioned code monkies
>all the mods on the creation club are automatically downloaded to your pc
>it's not piracy to make the file to run the package file that is automatically downloaded onto your pc
>creation club fails because of this shallow oversight

I think you meant to write the only thing you know about is that there are bigger mods in development.

technically it's not even piracy when they hand us the entire files for free upon updating. Bethesda doesn't seem to understand this.

>We're gonna have to pirate mods
What a world we live in

>pros of paid mods:
Normal eyes
>cons of paid mods:
Way too expensive
>pros of free mods:
Free content
>cons of free mods:
FUCKING WALL-EYES

I think Todd is trying to tell us something here.

You don't all the creation club mods are automatically downloaded to your pc when you do the update. So you are given it all for free. You just need to load it into the esm/esb file to run it. This is not piracy, this is stupidity and oversight. It is not against the law to do this and there's nothing Bethesda can actually do about this, because they forced everyone to download the content.

You're shitting me right? you only need to append them to your list of .esm and .esp files that the game loads that have been mysteriously removed from launch options in FO4 and SSE but are built into all mod loaders?

It's more for PS4 owners who can't have real mods due to SONT

Yup, it's frankly the stupidest thing since they gave us all the shit they are selling for free.

But kicker apparently for some people this update is forcing mods to load in alphabetic order. Breaking compatibility.

In the current beta, yeah. All CC mods are automatically downloaded to your PC like an update. Just not activated by an .esm or they're new file.

This also, Sony allowed this pocket space to flourish because no to external assets, since still mad about linux on ps2. They been passed around the cyber security field so much they are paranoid about bikini mods.

I love not being a Son't fan or user.

>stupid
>implying this isn't todd's wisdom

Good, too bad I haven't seen a single one worth trying

It's the package for the full mod, all you would need to do is load it into an empty esp/esm file and unpack the bsa texture/meshes file.

>package for the full mod
>load it into an empty esp/esm

I don't get what you mean.

ba2 files that are downloaded from the creation club update are just packages of the bsa and load esp/esm file. It's the entire mod in one file, you pay to have it unpacked. You could just unpack this file.

Commission is a hell of a lot better for modders than royalty. When you dedicate your time to making a product, you're taking on a significant risk that the time you invest won't give that much of a return. Big companies can deal with risk through high capital, leverage, and diversification, but for a private modder, "you'll get money if it sells well" means "stick to your day job".

>I love not being a Sony fan or user.
Too bad most Fallout players are console players.
>PS4 - 7.7m
>Steam - 4.8m
>Xbone - 4.5m

>asXas
Fuck him. His content is decent but he is greedy as hell.

>Elianora: TBA
She doesn't create any new assets of her own. She only takes shit already in the game or from modders that give her permission. So who cares?

>FadingSignal: Modular Military Backpack
Who?

Blue Tape > Duct Tape

>His content is decent but he is greedy as hell
Y-yeah all those free mods on the Nexus, g-greedy.
>Handmade Revolver
>Crude Blowback
>SVT-40
>M1 Garand
>Varmint Rifle
>Concrete Sledgehammer
G-greedy!

So you need to write a new .esm/.esp to load the new files or an .esm/.esp that references the content which causes it to load, I won't ask another question about this.

>too bad for people stupid enough to buy a PS4

I fail to see a real problem.

>Keeps bitching that he doesn't get enough shekels through donations
>Now locks his mods behind a paywall because fuck you

Yeah greedy.
These kinds of modders will never respected.

And I hope the steam paid mods witchunt begins again. These greedy kikes need to learn.

Arthmoor makes a paid only version of the unofficial patch that actually fixes 99.9% of all bugs. They pay him what equates to literal pennies than what if from royalty of 2$ per download of that mod.
Creation club is Bethesda buying mods from modders at a set price and screwing them out of the long term. A short term agreement for the modding community who has stuck around for almost 2 fucking decades they should know the crowd they are pandering to and they should know not to rip off their most loyal fucking fans.

>I fail to see a real problem.
Outside of it being a success on the PS4 and how it's going to be the main avenue games will be in the future?