What does Sup Forums thinks of this quality videogame journalism?

What does Sup Forums thinks of this quality videogame journalism?

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/author/dean-takahashi/
youtube.com/watch?v=FMTn926Sc-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Laughing at "journalists" that know nothing of their field is pretty passe. We all know the people that get these jobs are largely failed English majors and the like. Finding an independent critic not associated with these outlets whose opinions you find consistently reliable is the best you can do.

>Expect ""Journalists"" to be good at videogames

it makes me angry. imagine how many people like this leave negative reviews on the game, just because they're absolute shit. i wonder how many gameinformer people are like this, and games that get good reviews are actually shit.

this is absolutely fucking disgusting, you don't need to be a master of videogames to be a journalist but not being able to perform simple movements and acts such as needing about 5 minutes for the fucking tutorial is pathetic.

>imagine how many people like this leave negative reviews on the game, just because they're absolute shit

Reviewers have knocked games for being too hard or complicated many, many times. It's become significantly less commonplace over the last 6 or so years though as MUH HARDCORE GAMING has become mainsteam.

>stuck on the tutorial
>finally actually playing
>keeps trying to jump on the enemies
>can't dodge for shit
>dies over and over
YAMERO

I can't watch any more.

i doubt this man has ever beaten a video game

I bet he savescummed his way through SMB and that's about it.

You guys want something to be mad about?
>Dean Takahashi
>venturebeat.com/author/dean-takahashi/
>Dean Takahashi is lead writer for GamesBeat at VentureBeat. He has been a tech journalist for more than 25 years, and he has covered games for 18 years. He has been at VentureBeat since 2008. Prior to that, he wrote for the San Jose Mercury News, the Red Herring, the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, and the Dallas Times-Herald. He is the author of two books, "Opening the Xbox" and "The Xbox 360 Uncloaked." He organizes the annual GamesBeat and GamesBeat Summit conferences. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

>Dean Takahashi is lead writer for GamesBeat at VentureBeat. He has been a tech journalist for more than 25 years, and he has covered games for 18 years.
This is the person who played in this video

there is no hope anymore, i'm done

30 seconds in and this shit is already too painful

something something Dark Souls of x

This just makes me wonder how many games in the past got shat on because of shit like this how many actual good games have we passed off as irredeemable shit because someone couldn't play it?

Are all video game journalists secretly old people? That's the only conclusion I can come to because this guy can't even do a simple dash jump properly. Seriously I bet even DSP could do that jump in fewer attempts.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMTn926Sc-c

>covered games for 18 years.
>going "Oh hey, I am with this dev and this game exist" for 18 years but never playing a single game in those 18 years
Sure looks like it.

>boss rush bullshit
>shitty platform section
>chromatic aberration
>tumblr artstyle

It's fucking shit.

>Doesn't talk about how the game was supposed to be released years ago
Yeah your opinion is shit. Gimmie a good game

Why are old people even allowed to write about video games?

>>tumblr artstyle
you think you could try a little harder with your bait?

>tumblr artstyle
Please die

>venturebeat
literally who

Were you this good with playing Super Mario Brothers the first time, OP? The answer is a most redounding no, but a hypocrite like yourself has too much of an ego to admit as much in your life. You need to go back into the kitchen and get on with your sandwich making for you if you can not learn to quit being such a damn hypocrite to Mr. Takahashi on here. I know that I can probably play better than him, but at least I am smart, as well as nice enough, to not be a dick about it in life. I will offer constructive criticism, which is ironic, considering that I am autistic and, as such, have a difficult time about accepting, let alone interpreting, it from other people myself, to people like Mr. Takahashi, but at least I have enough of a fucking brain that it takes people a while to get the hang of video games. Let me also remind you that, in this day and age, side-scrolling shooters are indeed a rare breed of video games and that they are, sadly, on the verge of extinction, so posts like yours will ensure that, in the long run, people that make games like Cuphead will no longer make games like that and, if they are done enough times, then they will also filter into the more polished and realistic games that everyone else knows and it will also contribute to a video game industry crash that will far exceed what happened in 1982-1984, though it will not be the only reason that such a crash will happen. I could go on about the potential crash/market saturation of the video game market as a whole entire topic itself in another discussion, but the fact of the matter is that elitist twat waffles like yourself fail to comprehend two of the key rules of video games, which are to explore the mechanics of the game play and, gasp, TO SIMPLY HAVE FUN PLAYING VIDEO GAMES! This is the point that I am trying to make to all of you ungrateful little spoiled brats and you all would do well to comprehend it in your lives.

After this and DOOM, I now completely understand why God Hand got a 3/10.

Imagine this sad sack trying to play it.

Imagine how much of a shitpile of a person you'd have to be to use lowtier bait just so you can see people call you a retard.

>literally takes a full minute to figure out that he needs to jump on the small block and airdash
>Still fucks it up multiple times

I already can't watch any more.

We found the guy who did the """gameplay""" of this video. Nice try m8

loser

It's pasta you tards. A quick google search would tell you

>okay what seems to be the problem no-

>Being aware it's bait
>taking the bait anyway

Did you see the absolutely flawed arguments in the comment section?

there's one in response to some dude making a reasonable comment that says:
>Is this video suppose to be a joke ? If you have this many problems with simple gameplay you should not be critiquing videogames.

and this other guy writes a really angsty paragraph, and all of his main points are JUST so flawed

>Were you this good with playing Super Mario Brothers the first time? The answer is a most redounding no.
Well you're right NO i was not an expert at SMB when i first played it however, if we're talking about how i went when i first played a videogame in my life, i can confidently tell you that just by using logic and problem solving, i was able to grasp the concept of basic movement...

>I know that I can probably play better than the OP, but at least I am smart, as well as nice enough, to not be a dick about it in life.
I just don't believe you my dude. If you're willing to put this much time and energy into a post on an online forum, there's a chance you're probably a really angry person IRL

>considering that I am autistic and, as such, have a difficult time about accepting blah blah
Well at least he's upfront about it

>Let me also remind you that, in this day and age, side-scrolling shooters are indeed a rare breed of video games and that they are, sadly, on the verge of extinction
Where have you been? You ever heard of a little videogame e-retailer called steam buddy? Like how are you THAT misinformed? Surely you've heard of indie games before? they're quite popular right now, and MOST of them are sidescrollers.

this deserves another fucking reaction like nigga how are you that bad like fuck man. the shame. and he fucking reviews games "professionally" jesus fuck.