Tips?

Recently got pic related bit I'm complete shit at it got any tips? I tried easy scenario but I felt insulted by the ludicrous amount of health it gives you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDs_sXLC5cQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have just bought it, bump for curiosity.

Thanks user

There are no tips. Just make sure you get those high ranks in 1-3 and do stages in bad weather in 4.

You just got to keep at it.

don't worry about ranks in your first runs, feel free to use elves. also, some bosses take less dmg if you fight them with elemental chips on (ie fighting a fire boss with fire chip on does low/zero dmg)

other than that, its just a really hard game series. one of the few cases where git gud and keep practicing actually applies

If I die and Continue does that continue not get restored if I beat the level because I used all 4 to beat the first level and then I kept having to give up each time I failed a mission until I just decided to start over and try to do it without a single death

Just play 1-4, fuck easy scenario, you'll get good by playing.If I'm not mistaken, the rank system in 1 is kinda trash/annoying.
I never used elves because it would make you drop in rank but you'll have fun, doesn't matter if you're as autistic as me or not.

It's one of those games where you'll find yourself replaying levels and bosses over and over again until you succeed unless you have a great handle on movement and timing.

I had a massive crush on Ciel when I got the first game as a kid... Still do.

Maybe it was just because I was really young when I played it.

But I think MMZ1 is the hardest one. Once you get through that the rest of the games will be really easy.

>If you want to challenge yourself, don't use Cyber Elves and don't die. If that sounds like too much just use Elves normally and die as you will.
>One of the best ways to kill bosses in the first 3 games is elemental chip+charged saber.
>The first two games have a leveling system for weapons so it's generally recommended for new players to grind a bit early on so that they can at least get charged saber.
>Practice makes perfect.

thats exactly how it works

zero 1 was really flawed compared to it's sequels

Just git gud.

Those games kicked my ass as a kid.

I could never get through Zero 1 or 2. Then a few years later I ended up hacking a PSP and downloading them again on a emulator where I beat all 4.

You honestly just need to learn the flow of the games. The arent that hard besides certain bosses. They're just very punishing, like original megaman (expect a lot faster).

Does using cyber elves give a bad ending to some games? I heard some rumor but I'm. It sure.

no

The screen is too small for me. I end up dashing and running into stuff a lot

It just ruins your score.

I'd say that it's a toss up between that or Zero 2. Z2 has overall harder bosses and longer levels but gives you two sub tanks to work with, Z1 has Phantom and the final boss but significantly easier stages and on average easier bosses.

Train your reaction time. You should be constantly charging and ready to cut or shoot anything in your way.

Thanks for the advice everyone especially

Zero 1's life system is totally fucked, doubly so as a handheld title. Don't ever save after losing lives.
the series overall is harder than the X series too, but the games generally get easier each release

Save before each mission

Play through the mission casually, don't worry how badly you perform, or how many times you die, just try to experience the level.

Now reload your save, and try to beat your previous mission score.

That's the fun part of Zero series.

Also a tip, the buster is extremely powerful in all games, always keep it charged as you're moving, just like this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=gDs_sXLC5cQ

I don't know what kind of tips you want, user, but just be content that by the time you're proficient enough to not get your shit pushed in by Aztec Falcon you're pretty much ready for the rest of the game(s).

Same here. Not anymore though.