ITT: Autistic things you do when playing vidya

ITT: Autistic things you do when playing vidya.

Whenever I'm playing Star Wars Battlefront, I pretend that the characters have all died and gone to hell, and that they've been damned to an eternity of fighting each other on the same maps again and again. This is so I don't lose it over things like seeing Lando fighting on Hoth, or Greedo killing Han Solo at Jabba's Palace.

I play as a sniper based character or class whenever I can.

I play video games.

I grind for lengthy periods of time.

>someone is playing a video game
>in game character gets hurt
>person playing says "uh ow?!" or some variation of it as if they got hurt

I started to notice this shit a few years ago and now I can't possibly unhear it and it pisses me off every single time now.

I always spare hot female bosses. If I can't spare them, I download a mod to do it, or refuse to play the game any further.

i do a pretend lets play commentary in my head

Star Wars Battlefront 2015? Are you excited for the next game in 2 months?

>any game but mostly rpgs
>character gets hurt
>flinches and mimic the sound of pain they make

Fuck.

You're not serious, are you?

In Sonic Mania I like to move Sonic's head up and down in time with the music.

Well memed my friend, was looking forward to upvote this :^))))))

On numerous occasions, I've started a game only to realize I don't like it, but felt compelled to get all the achievements anyway. The Last Door would be a recent example. Everything except the soundtrack is just boring as shit, or worse; the graphics, in particular, are just offensive. But I started the game so I had to 100% it.

This doesn't mean I have to 100% complete every game I play. If 100% completion is unreasonable, I won't attempt it, but I have to actively ignore the achievements list or I'll be tempted to waste a ton of time on it. And if I do think I can reasonably get 100% completion, having an incomplete game will annoy the shit out of me until it's done.

There are several games (Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior, Spec Ops: The Line) in which I effectively have every achievement except the one for beating the game on the hardest difficulty, and that's the worst. In the case of Spec Ops: The Line, it's just because playing the game would be too tedious. I'm sure I'll do it someday. But for Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior, beating the game on the hardest difficulty level is just lightyears beyond any other achievement because the hardest difficulty doesn't have checkpoints. I'm tempted to try using Cheat Engine on Hard Reset just to get the achievement unlocked, because the second-hardest difficulty level (which does have checkpoints) was the fucking limit of what I could ever accomplish. Making it even harder AND removing mid-level checkpoints is just evil. But I still want the achievement because the game is literally 98% complete right now.

What if we're all dead, and this is hell?

The only time I acknowledge my family is when I interact with an NPC and they say something involving interacting with their family.

>Gotta have max health gotta have max hp
>If im not completely steamrolling the enemies I get this weird feeling like I've fucked up the whole game

you think that's stupid? you are like babby, watch this:
>in Simpsons hit and run, I'd steal a school bus and pretend I was a public city bus with bus stops due to my obsession with public transit as a kid
>in smash Bros melee, I pretended the characters were Avengers type heroes fighting villains with a storyline.
>at one point the villains were barney and chica from PBS kids
>in overwatch since we talk on team voice chat, I pretend we're actually the heroes in the game communicating through headsets like in the Avengers movies

4cham is heaven user

I researched literally everything I could in XCOM2, even Breakthrough's I no longer needed, just to do it. It took me 25 days to get magnetic weapons (average was like 70 or 90), but took 200 days to get Beam weapons (compared to 120 odd average). I'm pretty autistic re min-maxing too which is why I don't play pokemon any more.

Didn't the first two battlefronts do the same thing with the heroes? Why does such a thing bother you?

>always start conversations behind the npc just to see if the devs drew a backsprite
>also so I can watch the main character waste more time by walking back around to the front

Obsessively choose every single dialogue option while speaking to NPCs, just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

kek, may I ask why?

I think a lot of people do this, especially when playing single player games. I'll mentally explain things to a friend who isn't there.

I jump on fucking everything. Usually in MMOs. I don't know why I have this compulsion, but I do. I like standing on tables, railings, boxes, whatever.

Recently I played TORtanic and learn that it's extremely easy to get bugged and stuck if you jump on the wrong thing. The /stuck command doesn't work, and if you're F2P you can't put in a support ticket. Fucking TORtanic.

I find it hard to play Rpgs if I can't have a party or atleast summon something
it makes me feel less lonely

SJW cuck detected.

I always use the characters' canon name in games that ask to enter the name. If I don't know it, I look it up.

In games that ask me to name my file, I always use the game's name, abbreviated.

When I play Majora's Mask, I almost always free all of the lands of their curses in the same 3-day cycle before fighting Majora.

I do the same

Hah I'm the same way after learning about WOW wall jumping years ago I try it in every game, mmo or not just in case, I also have a strange obsession with trying to fit or squeeze into places that people normally wouldn't think of going like behind bookshelves or something equally crazy

How? I thought she's hated anything remotely "hot" or sexy theyre all fat fucks

The same unless the party are just personality less goons who exist only to soak up health. I need a team that interacts with each other.

Sjws*

Sometimes I get into it, and when shooting or killing npcs I imagine their deaths more thematically. Voicing it in my mind. Like blood gurgling, groans, last words, etc. Same with explosions, crashes, any sort of action.

I like rng.

Not like for loot and bullshit 0000000.1%chance to drop shit, I love rng when it comes to combat shit like
>1% to resurrect instantly on death
>5% for wacky shit to happen on any spell cast
>20% to cast random spell not belonging to your normal class

Fuck what's that one game with super detailed death sounds, one of the medal of honors? You'd fucking love it

During cutscenes I like to adjust the camera angle like if it's a movie

If you don't mind me asking what is your life like? If you were to clean your kitchen would you be there for hours scrubbing each inch? Were you the kid that allways read ahead of the class?

>playing multiplayer game
>imagine it's a hugely popular esports game and I'm a star in an important match
>don't even watch esports

I just grinded roughly 16 hours straight to get LR goku from scratch. Yes all for a shitty mobage

>in Simpsons hit and run, I'd steal a school bus and pretend I was a public city bus with bus stops due to my obsession with public transit as a kid>my obsession with public transit as a kid

Kek, I do this. But its usually when I'm waiting on something. Like waiting for a boss window to open to dish out some damage.

I'm compelled to buy and play games if it has even the smallest hint of, I guess enemy infighting, shit like charm spells or confusion or simply friendly fire, I absolutely love it when I can just stop and watch 2 enemies duke it out then kill the winner

Same.

I do this with sports games. I turn the commentary off and do my own announcing. It only takes like three matches to hear every possible audio clip and it ruins my immersion, so I just have my own.

I repeatedly have the same cycle of thought, usually negative throughout my sessions for hours at a time. A lot of times its about an argument I had with somebody and it ranges from a week to several months ago

When I'm playing an RTS, I do avsolutely everything I can to keep my guys alive, even if it implies abandoning a position or wasting abysmal ammounts of ressources.

I don't know why I'm doing it. I guess it's because some part of me goes "Hey, those guys will go through horror and pain just so the mission can be accomplished, and they're completely relying on you to guide them the whole time."
So somehow I guess I feel responsible for my soldier's lives, especially infantry.
On the other hand, when I know a vehicle is unmanned, I will send entire suicide legions on the enemy base.

I do this with my life. I pretend I'm making a documentary about my average day and that a bunch of people will think it's interesting.

I do this too. Its hilarious

>Third person shooter with Regen health
>Pretend that "getting hit" is actually the bullets just getting REALLY close to you so that you need to take a break from combat and let your perception come back so that you can dodge the bullets again
Works in gears of war and uncharted, not in GTA/Max Payne because those games have bullet decals. Also, they have health packs but the point still stands. It's hardly believable to control a character that's riddled with bullet hold and still sprinting and aiming at full speed and strength

I feel sad when I have to kill female bosses. But I've never mod dedicated game because of that.

sweden roleplayer

>crane my neck to see around corners in shooters
>full body tilt while making sharp turns in racing games
>move my controller closer to the console if I'm trying to move faster in any game whatsoever

When ever I'm playing melee and just comboing CPUs I like to pretend I'm beating the top 5 at evo. Like the whole crowd is cheering my name and the commentators are going nuts.

i actually think i know the ways of betting in CSGO FeelsBadMan

>purposefully miss turns in gta/racing just so I can do that sick brake swerve
>usually just ends up with me ramming into pedestrians and other cars

roulette more specificaly

>having a conversation with yourself

Jesus, how have you not killed yourselves already?

my friends and I do that all the time. we just laugh at eachother and call eachother autists.

I start making up wild stories nd lives for my characters in games without much or any interaction at all with other characters.

>playing Legend of Grimrock 2
>my heroes are He-man, Trixie Tang, Renamon, and Venallope
>have conversations between them, completely out of character
>He-man's an asshole and full of himself
>Trixie's a bookworm and hates He-man with passion
>Renamon's only in it for the treasure
>Venallope I can't recall
>constantly arguing
The one conversation I remember was about He-man talking in third person and it was agrivating everyone

The conversations I have with myself are far more engrossing than anything I experience with family or coworkers so I really don't mind it so much.

God damn. That's autistic.

I guess it's not really autistic since I'm sure there's plenty of people who think the same but I would rather attack faster than harder like I'd rather do 1 damage 20 times than do 20 damage all at once

>playing ARMS or EA UFC 2
>during fights, when i dodge with my character I bob and weave IRL

I am constantly moving when playing rocket league. Leaning and turning in my chair and shit. It's pretty bad really since my chair squeaks and it's just constantly squeaking when I play.

Inventory micromanagement

Obsess over poison/DoT effects.

Even if they're not particularly useful. I'd go with a weaker weapon if it had poison on it.

What the fuck is that awful looking app

Runescape was the worst for me
>never ever took food or potions because I always thought it was a waste of space for other loot
>always kept random niche trinkets in my inventory I loved in wow even if it was completely fucking useless for the zone I was in just In case I wanted to use it
>3 different sets of armor in Terraria on the off chance I feel like switching damage types

I get unreasonably angry when my friends fire their guns randomly. I' be playing PUBG so it's tense and a lot of listening for enemies.

So we'll hear a gunshot and take cover, but it was just Evan. Fucking Evan, firing his gun by accident or something. Once we legit got shot while in a car and pulled over and took cover and went battle stations. After a few minutes he confessed it was him and he want to see if you could shoot friendlies in a car. Yes, you can.

I was fucking around on a bike and my mate wanted to shoot out the tires to troll me or something. He shot my character and I was so mad that he damaged my health bar with his ineptitude that I sperged out and downed him in retaliation. Then revived him, but he talked shit and shot me again so we had this awkward as fuck thing if shooting eachother and reviving eachother.

that's wht you get for playing a meme game

It's also what you get for being an actual autist and not just going "Hey that was a real dick move but I won't do it again if you won't"

You too?
>waste time poisoning enemies and bosses then running around just so I can watch them slowly die from it

I do this. I get ready to explain to a friend that is gonna come over features of the game.

Except they never come over because games are online nowadays, or if we meet up it is gonna be with wife and kids.

I take it you Wabbajacked the shit out of everything in Skyrim?

I talk out loud too when I'm alone, so this is me talking to myself out loud pretending to be these four people arguing with each other.

Pic related, I used it for He-man's portrait

If I am waiting in any MMO I just compulsively climb statues and shit.

>which is why I don't play pokemon any more.
>tfw to autistic for Pokemon
I didn't even know that was possible. Bravo, user.

If a game has a map that has a fog of war effect concealing all the points of interest and land features, I will walk/run every inch of that map until all the dark areas are gone.

Yep pretty much
>wabbajack forsworn
>watch the new daedra kill the rest effortlessly

>play vanilla wow private server
>buy a journal and write into it in 1st person pretending I'm my character
>recap all the events that happen while leveling, excluding stuff like death so it seems like narrative similar to the hobbit.
>quickly have to write down notes in dungeon so I can correctly retell story after we have finished
>create my own OC lore to explain stuff like people whispering me across the continent

Nah, not really. I'm not super OCD about achievements, I just like things to be finished if they're started. But I'm not going to do something that's totally unbearable. And I actually avoid cleaning which is why my house is a mess.

Side note: I also refuse to play a sequel without playing the original game.

You must be good at rts

I get off on Talent Trees, or character builds.

A game with a tame build system I'll just drop. Like Kingdoms of Amalur, their builds were too vanilla, like +5% two handed damage.

Path of Exile excited me, but everything is just +1% so that is a waste.

Loved World of Warcraft's system early on.

What else has good trees?

since I grew up with shitty internet and still have, I act like multiplayer games vs ai are vs online players

I never wear helmets in games because I used to play a fuckton of sports and would always get sweat in my eyes

Kinda sorta sorcerer king it's basically civilization but with a focus on combat, the I treat the tech tree as a character tree since it's mostly for increasing the size strength and abilities of your army

I literally dropped Pikmin, which I was enjoying, because the sound of pikmin dying made me feel like a broken veteran who saw too many men go down.

I hear guild wars 2 has a great skill tree

I always keep the starting weapon/armor/units just in case towards the end they get some special upgrade

>whenever playing an RPG I carry around a set of normal clothes to switch into when I'm in a town
>visited all the inns in Oblivion and reviewed them out loud like I was medieval hotel critic

Every time i die in Quake Champions I violently shake my head, fist or any part of my body. Even if it's a situation where I was disadvantaged and 99.99% likely to die. My roommates have noticed and it's time for me to stop being retarded

I love playing as NPCs. If a game gives me the option to play as an npc (like the ghost power in Kirby) it will be the only thing I use.
If I see that there are any mods that do this I am willing to jump through a bizarre amount of hoops to make that happen.
The weirdest part is that I really like the weird, janky controls that come with it.

I also like to possess enemies to make them my friends. If I'm forced to kill them I get upset.

Whenever I die in a game I touch a part of my face, I don't know why I do this.

If you havnt heard of it get tales of maj'eyal it comes with a possessor class that's so fucking amazing
>possess multi hued dragon
>obliterate everything up to the final boss
>even if it did die I still had 4 others in reserve

>see how long i can close my eyes for in a really stressfull section or tense multiplayer game

i do this sometimes when i drive too

If a game has a unique defensive mechanic like a parry, just guard, or perfect dodge, I will purposefully throw fights to fight a boss or enemy so I can fight them enough to figure out the timing for their attacks. It makes me feel like I've won "correctly" if I had a strong offense and a flawless defense. This basically kept me at the bottom of the barrel in 3rd strike because I tried to parry 90% of the time. I probably also lost 90% of the time.

Any games you know where you can possess enemies and actually keep them through levels? I always hate having to abandon my body/new allies at the end of a level

Back when I played Halo, I had a headcannon that the spartans I played in multiplayer was the same character going through time, although this had exceptions and got even more autistic over time.

Halo 1-3: Same spartan
Halo Reach: Different spartan since they canonically die in the campaign.
Halo 4-5: Another different spartan who is the diametric opposite of my old spartan because I don't like these games nearly as much.

I play a lot of Madden and Draft Champions so when I get sick of listening to music while playing, I'll commentate during the entire game. Also, to keep the game interesting I like to pretend I'm a successful GM who goes from one team to another and setting them up for championship runs. I'll also keep track of the last time I gave up a TD, a hundred yard rusher, etc. Keeping random records or breaking them helps me play it without losing interest.