Was it really overwatch that killed this game?

Was it really overwatch that killed this game?

this game is so shit i dont care if it is ded or alife

more likely a lack of any real marketing campaign, I saw nothing of this game before it's launch and only heard about it through a friend.

WHERE DID I GO WRONG

cliffy killed it before it even came out by shooting his douche mouth off and pretending he was god's gift to video games. when you shout memes in real life it's just creepy and sad.

you forgot quake champions

lol had more fun with brink back when it was released than any of these other games

It died because it tried to pander to an audience that doesn't play videogames

True I was a bit interested in the gameplay but when I saw the SJW shit thats where they lost my money

>pander to an audience that doesn't play videogames
i coulda swore somebody made a compilation of twitter images where people were saying stuff along the lines of 'i dont even play overwatch but i applaud blizzard for doing this and that.' why developers try to appeal to these people when they dont even play games is just so silly.

uh... unisex bathrooms are already a thing??

But they bought a lot of streamers to play their game, surely the shooty game watching audience plays video games?

That's literally one thing.

The characters got nothing like that, fuck, the characters got NOTHING AT ALL to them. None of them stick out except the black cop character.

disgraceful desu

why make a character based shooter if no one's going to have any character outside some tame-ass tropes from the 90s?

I feel like this is what killed the game.
It has zero character, flair or anything. It just looks like a generic unreal tournament clone.

Every character has the nearly same body type/aesthetic/profile. There's no stand out characters. Levels all meld together into this same-y future tech hell.

Game modes all look and feel the same, it's shit. It's so samey, derivative and uninspired.

Will this be Bosskey's last game

I'm surprised that many people are playing Brink desu

rest in piss

Vavra's response to that made me chuckle and highlighted how fucking stupid this level of pandering is.

>over saturated market
>lame forgettable characters
>no marketing with release brushed under a rug
>released when major competitor was doing a event
I don't know how the game play is but I'm not willing to pay to find out maybe if it had so mega titties it would hook me but no.

Overwatch wasn't the only factor. See: Warframe, PUBG, CSGO, Killing Floor 2, Rainbow Six Siege, etc

bump

SKILL AF!!!!!

Shhh, there's no logic on either side here. Just pointless dick waving.

No, it was the bland character design.

Aren't genderless bathrooms just one private toilet?

What the fuck is the point of them, they're the same as faculty bathrooms

>not going full starship troopers
I'll just shit in the streets, thank you very much.

Ok Jinder.

It's a game that looked about as interesting as Brink and slammed it into a hero shooter like TF2

and shock

no one liked it

it played exactly like it sounds like: a twitchy quake mod that people think is the coolest thing in the world but is actually confusing and loses all sense of pacing.

Overwatch isn't great but one thing it has down pat is the pacing. There is a very noticeable change in pace as you enter and leave battle, and people like that. People like having those buffer zones.

It's why I think Paladins and their stupid horse thing; as dumb as it is, is still way better than forward spawns.

Even before I tried Overwatch, the character design stood out to me and stuck in my memory. I didn't follow news, I didn't read discussion, but I remembered the characters very well and even knew some names just from scrolling past them a handful of times.
I haven't played Paladins or looked at any information about it at all, but I remember a few of them just by scrolling past them too.
Throughout this shitstorm I've seen Lawbreakers characters dozens of times and I remember exactly nothing unique about any of them. They blend together and fade. I know they didn't want a cartoony look, but designs don't need to be cartoony to be striking and memorable. I believe that this was the fatal flaw.

>Overwatch isn't great but one thing it has down pat is the pacing

funny, i think pacing is overwatch's worst failure by a mile

respawning and running a mile to action without teleporters and shit just feels absurd...6v6 is absurdly small, maps are bad also. pacing in OW is just not good, ever

Nah it was the fucked up demand that is 2017 gammeeerrrrz. The current video game audience doesn't want a "better" version of a game they obsessed over 6 months ago. They want the new thing, because they didn't actually give a fuck about the old thing to begin with. They just want to play what's cool, and hero shooters are fucking gay now. Men play hide-in-the-grass simulator. That's what's "fun".

>no marketing with release brushed under a rug
I'm not alone when I say that I had absolutely no idea this game existed until after it had already released.

>Likes Overwatch pacing
>Thinks Lawbreakers is confusing and doesn't have pacing
I think I know your problem.

Maps are probably the worst thing about OW.

>Play game not made by blizzbong
>It's fun
>Everyone's shitting on it for reasons other than gameplay

Such is life

Lawbreakers has the pacing of a seizure. Really bad if you're playing a _team_ based game.
Lawbreakers problem is that, because of its lack of any sort of consistent pacing, the _team_ part of the _team_ based game doesn't really come into play as much as say, Overwatch or Paladins.

And compare what? Its beta locked player count?

Add quake champions