Unmodded, which is better? Skyrim or Fallout 4? I hear Fallout 4 has a ton of item collecting, crafting...

Unmodded, which is better? Skyrim or Fallout 4? I hear Fallout 4 has a ton of item collecting, crafting, and general micromanagement, which I'm not a big fan of and that's kind of a deal breaker for me. Or are both games so fucking bad unmodded that they're not even worth it in the slightest? I just want a casual adventure game that I can chill out and play without thinking too much.

dovahkiin wasn't prophesied anything

all it means is that can easily learn shouts. That's it. You're probably not even the only one in tamriel.

Unmodded Fallout 4 is much better, it's probably the best game Bethesda has made since Oblivion(which isn't saying much) It's still pretty meh, but it's playable without mods, unlike Skyrim.

>I just want a casual adventure game that I can chill out and play without thinking too much.

The reason Bethesda's games are popular is because you can do whatever the hell you please in them, if you don't want to collect items, or craft or micromanage then don't do it, just go shoot molerats and ghouls.

Out of those two, definitely Skyrim.

Fallout 4 feels uninspired and bland. Not to mention it's difficult to actually roleplay in it because your character already has a set backstory and goal. Skyrim, while it has a lot of flaws, is at least pretty atmospheric and comfy.

I don't want to be 'that guy', but New Vegas is better in role-play and story and in other regards than Fallout 4. Fallout 4 has settlement building and lots of (optional) customization. They both have elements that are better than the other, but New Vegas is overall better.

FO4 is the better shooter, NV is the better RPG. And its pure objective truth that all these games are better than Fallout 3. FO3 has aged horribly.

Yeah, when you haveWulfharth whose normal speaking turn into Shouts and die can use Shout to give his time to others, alongside a bunch of ancient Nords that shout down castle gates on a daily basis, Skyrim's PC is pretty pathetic

both are utter shit.

they're both garbage but it has to be fallout4
ID did the gunplay, so it's at least mediocre, whereas skyrim is just completely unenjoyable

Both are shitty, I honestly don't know why they're considered to be categorized as best RPG games

Casuals with zero attention span. Nothing else really.

>I don't want to be 'that guy', but New Vegas is
Even if I agree with you this post reeks of "that guy"

Fallout has just as much special snowflakeism as TES.

>Maxson taking on a deathclaw at 13 without PA and only getting minor scarring

I couldnt alt-F4 any harder.

The mistake is pretending that they are RPG games, once you stop seeing them as RPG games they are mediocre, but not terrible.

ALPHA deathclaw at 13 without PA. You missed the most important part.

Unbelievers i bet you are synths.

I think it's implied somewhere that his story is all fake

You can argue that's the case for 3 and 4 and potentially New Vegas, but no way in hell I see signs of that in 1 or 2.

This is some supreme ass bait. Did you come up with it yourself?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING JOKE?

Id say you have more freedom in Skyrim when it comes to play style

The Magic system alone expands your play style options more than Fallouts

>1
Some random guy who got lucky/unlucky enough to be chosen to go out (or quite literally drew the short straw) in the dangerous wasteland to go get some stupid water chip, and once he returns he learns the Super Mutants learned of the Vault's location. Because he's the only one who has any experience outside and is indirectly responsible for the Super Mutants learning of their location, he now has to go deal with them. He comes home and expects a hero's welcome, but instead gets cast out and forced to roam the wasteland alone.

I will admit I don't remember 2 too well.

>Skyrim's magic
>Variety
You're joking, right?

Fallout 4 isn't really even an RPG anymore.

>everything I disagree with is bait

Fallout 4. At the end of the day, I enjoyed an unmodded game as much as a modded one since I hate Fallout 4.

Skyrim NEEDS stuff like Frostfall to be at its best.

>Dovahkiin the last dragonborn, prophesied savior of the realm
>just some dude
I like the insinuation this is a bad thing, I'd rather make my own characters glory than hurr you're da dragonborn you famous son!
look at Oblivion, for all the guilds you can join, and titles you can gain, you start out as just a fucking nobody

They're both shit.

>Never played a passive monk run
Fire/Ice/Lightning cloak + flee shouts
>Never did a Kung Fu master run
Bare handed and Lightning Story.
>Never did a killer chef run
Forks and fireball

>you start out as just a fucking nobody
Yes conveniently ignore the fact the Emperor was completely gushing over how amazing you are at the beginning.

Do you need 8gb RAM to run Fo4, or is it a toaster game like FO3 and NV?

You're really not making your case better here. Play a real RPG

2 is the tribal Chosen one and grandkid of 1's protagonist. The story doesn't really treat it like a big deal granted but his/her origins are way more impressive than the first game. 1's the only one where it's just some nobody from a vault, and even that is technically arguable since being from a vault is a big deal.

New Vegas is equal to 4.

I don't remember it too well but didn't the emperor just say that he saw you in his dream and he had a vision that you would go on to save the world or some shit? It was only meant to foreshadow the future but at the time you were complete shit; it's up to you to figure out how you become a badass.

>morrowind
>you're sort of the chosen one but only because you bust your ass off to become the chosen one, and having that status is more of a title because it doesn't give you any special powers or abilities
>oblivion
>you're sort of a chosen one but again, it doesn't give you any special powers and it's the actual "chosen one" who ends up being integral to the main plot
>everything you accomplish is through your own work and hyper competence
>skyrim
>you're some magical dragonborn who has superpowers because "???" who everyone bows to

The aggregated NV score is brought down by the much lower console averages it got. The game runs like monkey piss on the PS3.

Skyrim is unironically the best RPG made in the last decade.

As opposed to what, shooter guy, space shooter guy, heavy shooter guy, explosive guy, and melee guy

You were never the chosen one in Morrowind you were being manipulated by Azura.

>excuses

Skyrim has more content and better content. Fallout 4 is only better if you really want to shoot things with guns, so much so that it's your entire motivation to play it. Fallout 4 has a terrible story, laughable cliche side quests, and so many other flaws that I could sit here for the next hour going on about them.
I really wish Bethesda would treat Fallout with the same respect they treat Elder Scrolls with, the Fallout games they make just come across as "muh 50s" themeparks with no thought or care put into anything beneath the surface

>As opposed to what, shooter guy, space shooter guy, heavy shooter guy, explosive guy, and melee guy
Or charismatic guy, or good with machines type guy, or scientist guy, or doctor guy, or gambler guy etc. You don't believe an RPG needs only combat builds, right? Also most of Skyrim's magic is really mundane shit like fireballs (or some other elemental equivalent), cloak, or enhance stats a bit.

Either way if the Emperor treating you as a special snowflake isn't a sign of you being a special snowflake, then I don't know what is.
No you definitely were the "chosen one", but I am willing to give Morrowind a point for not mentioning it anywhere except in a dream.

I love this meme that New Vegas is buggy and unstable as if Fallout 3, or hell any Bethesda game in general wasn't.

Post the PC only scores now, bitch.

>ton of item collecting, crafting, and general micromanagement

you can safely ignore it all, it's poorly implemented and only works because modders have actually made it useful

You'll need a decent rig if you want to play at high and get good fps

NV was worse on consoles than FO3 was. As it was like this when the expectation was the opposite, the scores were brought down.

NV was straight up broken at launch

No human kills in Skyrim is actually viable playstyle
Impossible in Fallout

Yeah, but if you have a crappy PC that can run NV, will it run FO4?

That seems hard to believe because these scores are critic scores. NV user scores are above F3.

>being this mad that your favorite game isn't the best in the series

And so was Fallout 3, arguably moreso.

Dude don't front like those are actually play styles and not supportive to the favored offense types

How else can NV fags maintain the myth that NV is a masterpiece and all Bethesda games are trash?

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Initially you're not all that special, but as you progress it's extremely hinted that you're an incarnation of Talos.

>Dude don't front like those are actually play styles
Carrying a gun around for self-defense doesn't make you any less of a scientist. Play the games.

>New Vegas IS the BEST! There has to be an explanation!

>SORRY I CAN'T HELP YOU I'M TOO BUSY BEING SAD ABOUT MY DEAD WIFE BTW DID YOU KNOW I HAD A WIFE SO BEGONE THOTS ALSO HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON I'M LOOKING FOR MY SON

That's why I liked New Vegas, because the only thing in place about your backstory is that you deliver packages. You can write anything else. At least until Lonesome Road I guess

Fallout 4 is a better RPG with better combat. But honestly looking at it from a purely casual perspective the biggest difference is setting.

>Deflecting

Bad damage control. If I was wrong, you could have shut me down instantly by posting the PC only scores.

>replying to yourself

That's not how Metacritic works, some sites combine reviews so they show up for each platform. So no, I couldn't have done that without hours of work and you just aren't worth it. If I had to bet I am guessing the end result would not be that much different.

>At least until Lonesome Road I guess
Even with Lonesome Road you're free to dismiss Ulysses' claims as mad ramblings, if you wish. You have no memory of it either way, whether that was because it was just another delivery and not really worth remembering, because you lost the memory from getting headshotted, or because it never happened and Ulysses is just fucking nuts is up to you to decide.

Trolling only works when it isn't obvious that you're doing it.

I'm not trolling, just stating the FACT that Fallout 3 is the best game in the franchise.and New Vegas is overrated by delusional shills on Sup Forums.

That makes it even more embarrassing for you, ya know.

>I was wrong so you should be embarrassed
Okay, buddy.

Go for Skyrim. It can be very chill and there's no need for micromanaging if you want to. And lorewise, it's way better than fallout 4

what was the point of fallout 3, again? Like the actual in-game goal

To enjoy playing a fun video game.

Save ur daddy so he can make the water gooder for everyone to drink

You can easily remain a nobody in Skyrim too. It's fun. Just don't do the quest that reveals you to be dragonborn. Dragons will never appear in your game and you will never shout. Being dragonborn is optional!
OP, Skyrim is where the chill is.

Skyrim is great. And Fallout New Vegas is better.

That's all I'm gonna say about the matter.

So why'd they make Fallout 3 instead?

>Damage control

The goal in 1 is to get a chip so people in one vault can drink water. The goal in 2 is to find a pointless Macguffin.

Good one.

well, those are like the starting motivations, right? As in that's what you set out to do but other things change that into something more important.

Just like Fallout 3's is "find your dad" and then after that it's "Something something water purifier"

>Skyrim is great.
?

What is your point? You didn't like Fallout 3? That's fine you don't have to but plenty of people did and it remains the highest rated Fallout game ever made.

You think it isn't? It's definitely one of the great games of our time.

Fallout New Vegas is crap, stop pretending it isn't.
New Vegas has a good story narrative, and thats it. It failed in everything else.

The world is the worst open world game of the entire last two gens. Even MGSV had a better "open" world.
>hurr empty desert, scripted to be 100% linear and full of invisible walls if you do try to explore
The gameplay was typical clunky fallout 3 style shit.
The roleplaying was only average. (id say Skyrim is easily a better roleplaying game)

all in all, there is no comparison. Skyrim and to some extent FO4 are fun games to wander around in, they are open world roleplaying games. They have a lot of replay value because of that.
New Vegas is not open world or a roleplaying game, its just a Final Fantasy linear story driven narrative and then its over with 0 replay value.

Maybe if you have shit taste.

What is your point? You didn't like Fallout New Vegas? That's fine you don't have to but plenty of people did and it remains the highest rated Fallout game ever made.

>id say Skyrim is easily a better roleplaying game
stopped reading there.

>Trailer is about you being the chosen one
>Main quest is about you being the chosen one
>You're not the chosen one
Alright user

Actually I did like New Vegas but I don't pretend it is better than 3 or some kind of gift from the gaming gods. It is a fun slightly different version of 3.

Greatness isn't defined by any one man.

I'm questioning the plot of fallout 3 you dingus

Just like the morality choices are highly questionable and not even a matter of moral dillema. Let's look at Megaton

>Disable bomb to ensure it never goes up: Good guy points +10
>Blow up bomb because why not lol: bad guy points -10

there's no moral dilemma to be had with this. It's not like Megaton is a cesspool of human civilization run by child rapist murderers. Just normal people.

Just like how you have the option to either do the water purifier, or do the thing with the modified FEV because lol why not

It IS better then 3. Substantially so.

Skyrim has a 94 on metacritic. It is objectively one of the best games ever made.

>but I don't like it

You'll live.

what role did you have in New Vegas?
Desert wanderer with a gun or desert wanderer with a spear? Oh wow! The options!
What path did you walk? a straight line in a desert? or.....the exact same straight line in a desert because you have no goddamn choice where you go.

The Elder scrolls engine is naturally better than the fallout one, but with the addition of things dual wield it got even deeper.
Meanwhile New Vegas still had clunky fallout 3 controls/animations.

New Vegas just sucked, im sorry to be the reality check for you. (not sorry)

I'd go with FO4 because the combat is better, there is more to explore, the companions are better, and the vanilla UI in skyrim is dogshit.

What is your point? Fallout 3 is still better than every other Fallout game and you are in a small minority if you disagree. Which is fine, but don't act like your word is gospel.

>Best mechanics
>best everything
>Crap

Wew.

jesus christ user