B-but Japs don't want World!

>B-but Japs don't want World!
>Japs won't want a MonHun not on a handheld, guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mochi_wsj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aw, man. This probably isn't getting localized, is it. I wanted to get it as my first monhun game.

Don't give a shit about nintendo but MH is relaxing to play on a handheld thats not 240p and feels comfortable. Curling up in bed with MH3U went a long ways toward making my Wiiu feel worth it.

Maybe Japan is finally getting sick of the second versions

For Japan, It's a late port on a home console.

Like Monster Hunter 3G HD Edition.

BUT XX IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LAST TRUE MONHUN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>rehash a game only a year later with subpar additions for rehashes in the series
>rehash it again half a year later, this time with absolutely no additions
>put it on a shitty excuse for a handheld
>also announce the next mainline title for a separate platform before release, implying going forward the series will be on that

not surprised

Capcom made sure to sabotage the release. It's EA's WiiU games all over again.

Also, it's the same game as the 3DS version, so it's not even a true upgrade like Tri to Ultimate.

Ahh yes, just like how Nintendo tried to sabotage P3rd HD's release

HD MH games first week sales:

MHXX HD: 84,277
MH3G HD: 106,388 (Wii U console debut)
MHP3 HD: 287,829

Bro, it's a Sony conspiracy!

How much new stuff is in XX, anyway?

I only know about the rocket dragon and the robot mantis. Any other new monsters?

America got both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Ultimate on the same day.

In Japan the Wii U version came a year after the 3DS version.

In brief:

New story
New gathering hall
New NPCs
New area
New rocket dragon and robot mantis
New G rank quests, monsters, equips
New brave style and alchemy style
New cat stuff and cat item delivery
Returning monsters like snow narga

Deviants for astalos, gammoth, malfestio, ceanataur, mizutsune, and diablos.

>port of a game every jap already owns twice (Generations and XX) sells poorly on a new system
Really activates my almonds

SWITCH
H
I
T

New Deviants
- Armor Shredder Shogun Ceanataur
- Blue Thunderlord Astalos
- Heavenly Eye Mizutsune
- Hidden Haze Malfestio
- Massacre Demon Diablos
- Silver Ridge Gammoth

New Monsters
- Valphalk (The Rocket Dragon)
- Atoraru Ka (New Neopteron)

Returning Large Monsters
- Basarios
- Diablos
- Gravios
- Fatalis
- Crimson Fatalis
- Lao-Shan Lung
- Congalala
- Giadrome
- White Fatalis
- Barioth
- Barroth
- Nerscylla
- Chaotic Gore Magala
- Raging Brachydios

Capcom isnt like that at all. They shat out a port of Street Fighter 2 which encouraged them to make more ports for it. The thing about MH is that the hype for XX with slighty better graphics is dead.

This

Nintenbros can eat shit

If they do announce a localization, it likely won't happen until Stories is released internationally next week.

At least if localization does get announced we'll see simultaneous release of the 3DS and Switch versions outside of Japan.

>They shat out a cheap ass, over priced port of Street Fighter II for the switch. People actually bought it, but that doesn't belay the fact it was designed to fail.

That was all on Sony for refusing to set up online and forcing them to implement trophies. (More in line with 'normal' trophies, not the little awards you get in game.)

I'm attributing this to and the fact that Switches are still a pain in the ass to find

Yes and Nintendo tried to force amiibos on mainline. Got anymore conspiracies to share?

Its no different from the entire beginning of 8th gen consoles, with shitty overpriced ports everywhere.

Which is a lie, any third party devs who want to make amiibo can do it on their own time.

When you make a port from 4 generations ago, that's a slap in the face.

And just 2 weeks after MHP3rd HD actual launch in Japan (despite all those shortcomings right?), MH3G and MH4 were announced. And MH3G was already ready to come out 2 months after the announcement. Capcom sure works fast in their rage.

Also,

2006-05-09: Announced development of PS3 "Monster Hunter 3" at "Capcom Official Press Release"

2007-09-20: Announced Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG at Tokyo Gameshow 2007

2007-10-10: Announced Monster Hunter 3 for Wii, PS3 version cancelled at "Nintendo conference 2007 Autumn"

2008-03-27: Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG released

Maybe if they fucking LOCALIZED IT

No wonder Capcom wants to abandon Nintendo.

yea people still cant get switches either. Also fuk nintendo im glad MH is moving on to more powerful systems.

I guess japs weren't in the mood to buy a game they already owned on the 3DS for months now.

Hasn't the game already been out on 3DS for months in Nipland? I can't imagine a lot of people wanting to double dip on the same entry for an annualized series like Monhun.

At the moment, Switch owners are mostly comprised of Nintenbros and normies, who don't buy any MH game. Only very very tiny portion of Switch owners is made up of MH fans who thought the next mainline MH will be on the Switch, and bought the console early.

Meanwhile, most MH fans all abandon the Switch train the moment MHW is announced, which explains why MHXX fucking bombed so hard on Switch.

>Sony
>Not normalfag HQ
It's a CoD and FIFA machine only
Capcom is expecting world to bomb hard, it's why they say 1.5 million in sales is their target. Keep in mind this was the same group of assholes who said Resident Evil 7 needed to have 7 million in sales to be considered a success.

Switch started to sell poorly the moment MHW got announced.

That's why we compare it to other HD releases. Like MHP3 HD and MH3G HD

They haven't announced a sales target for MHW. And the sales target for RE7 was 4 million.

Well no fucking shit, this launch has been a disaster. Japan-only trash is always trash. No one but the most hardcore fags wants to read moon runes.

When did I ever mention Sony, retard? I only have a PC and a 3DS (which I bought solely for MH).

I am gonna play MHW on my PC but if the community is more active on PS4, I might buy a PS4 too and double dip on MHW.

I'm don't see an announcement from Capcom there.

Where does it say they expect 1.5 million sales from Monster Hunter World?

That's why the guy has a separate source and mentions the source. From Capcom itself, you only have MvC:I estimate and total estimates.

How did you fit all of that bullshit up your ass?

Same way you did here

idort but i never used my switch until i got mhxx
really i'm enjoying mhxx way more than i did gen. playing 1080p monhun on a badass tv is great, despite all the shitty gen gimmicks. it even looks great in handheld mode

just goes to show how used to shitty 3ds monhun we are

>claim that Capcom said something
>get called out
>"well it was actually a tweet from some random guy but he had a source"
>that source is also not Capcom
what a fruitful exchange

You're crazy if you believe Capcom only expects to sell 1.5m MHW copies

Yeah sure

twitter.com/mochi_wsj

You're talking about RE6. RE7 made its budget back, and the PS4 as well as the PC have a niche audience who buy and support games. More people also own those platforms instead of a switch.

Capcom only expected 2 million from Tri, on the fucking Wii. I wouldn't be surprised if MHW's target was somewhere in that range. They know MH doesn't sell as well on home consoles as on handhelds

That's because interest in Monster Hunter is dying. It was originally an MMO for people who hated the normal tropes of MMOs, like the fact that grinding is so low in the game RELATIVE to other MMOs at the time where drop rates could be as low as 0.001%. They've slowly been undoing this, increasing the grind, decreasing drop rates, and eventually people started picking up that they were doing more work for less fun and started to drop it in higher quantities.

Prediction: World will have a dramatic spike for awhile because it's new, shiny, HD, and has high promises. But then it will slowly start sinking back down to the numbers its at now.

Screencap this.

>They've slowly been undoing this, increasing the grind, decreasing drop rates

Factually untrue, drop rates for plates, gems etc were much lower in the earlier games. Ever since 3rd gen all the rarest materials have been around 5% chance per hunt.

What? If anything, rare drops have only gotten better. The only RNG that should hit with any amount of absurdity is when people are charm farming.

Did Tri even sell that well? Wii already had a reputation as a garbage gimmick console at the time it released. I know it had a fairly aggressive TV marketing campaign. I picked up my copy in a clearance bin.

Charms are the only retarded grind left in MH, I'd be 100% okay with them getting rid of charms entirely in MHW or making them crafted items instead.

1.9 million to date

The game has been out for the 3ds for awhile and sold for 1.6ish million copies. Everyone that wanted thjs game already has it. 1.6mil for a monster hunter game exclusive to japan is pretty bad tbqh, 85k is a fucking disaster.

>I wanted to get it as my first monhun game

then you should be feel lucky that it won't get a localization, X/XX is not a good MonHun. Play a better MonHun like MH3U or 4U

best entrypoint still is P3rd so I'd recommend you download the PSP emulator, add the HD textures and play online

not an excuse when before even Switch version was announced, XX was still the worst selling MH since Portable 1

Gen/X killed the series for many veterans fans and at this point, nobody want to play another 240p game

Everyone realized MHW is the true sequel and XX is a lazy cash grab. It's funny how this gen is an opposite last gen for MH. Maybe Iwata dying changed Capcom's attitude towards Nintendo. Or maybe years of Sony paying for Capcom games finally paid off.

What changed Capcom's attitude towards Sony when they decided to abandon them for the past 8 years?

What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to get yourself to believe that?

For the past 5 years, Sony have been pretty much partly paying for every Capcom game. SFV, RE7 and so on.sony commands huge respect amidst Japanese third-parties.

Yeah but what happened before that that changed Capcom's attitude towards Sony?

It's true though, hunter styles/arts don't really mesh with what the series has always been about. Which is why MHW is throwing all that shit out and going back to the roots. Saying that it "killed the series" is hyperbolic, but Gen/XX definitely have a lot of changes that fans of the older games don't like.

Money

Money from who?

Capcom is quite okay with taking money from Sony. They were throughout those same years that MH fled to Nintendo. Do you not remember all of the games that ended up on the ps3/psp and not on a Nintendo system? Nintendo doesn't pay third parties and it hurts them. They either totally buy the company or fund the game and want the rights entirely.

Sony probably paid Capcom a shitload to make MHW for everything but the Switch

>people will never stop hating on X(X)
I find it odd that there's so much rather irrational hate for this particular entry in the series. It's not even as bad as people make it out to be.

Sony paid Capcom to make MH3 on Wii and cancel the PS3 version?

Yeah but do you remember all the MH games that were not on Sony? Like for 6 years back to back?

Is Stories supposed to be any good?

First reply meant for

Let's see...
>Tri
Back to sony with P3rd. Sony fucks up with the MH team and adhoc.
>3U to XX
Aaaaand multiplat now, where Nintendo loses on the basis of Nintendo getting hit out of multiplay since their hardware usually has special considerations in development. This isn't some giant mystery.

What do the new styles do?

>seems to forget P3rd + HD which were post Tri
I mean the Wii also got MHDos or whatever it was.

But what led to Tri being announced 2 years before it came out on Wii? And what led to MH3G and MH4 in just 2 weeks after P3rd HD?

See

>2 new monsters

Well no fucking wonder no one wants this turd.

6 years of back to back MH on Nintendo. From 2011 to 2017.

Let's count them (using FY format instead of calendar year):
2011 - MH3G (MH4 were also announced)
2012 - MH3G HD
2013 - MH4
2014 - MH4G
2015 - MHX
2016 - MHXX
2017 - MHXX HD and MHW

MH4G also had only 2 new monsters.
MH3G also had only 2 new monsters

It's pretty well-speculated that they disagreed about ad-hoc and multiplayer on the PSP for portables. The Wii was selling gangbusters at the time and the PS3 was not.

It was definitely Nintendo paying them off. They published the game in the west. Just that tells you Nintendo was sending them millions.

And your proof is where, exactly? Nintendo has a long-ass track record of being stingy as fuck with third parties.

Yet MHP3rd HD launched with AHP compatibility that Sony Japan spent the effort for making it happened. Yet MH3G and MH4 were annnounced 2 weeks later and MH3G coming out 2 months after.

Do you have a single satisfact to snack that up, aside from how you personally feel about the gens?

>And your proof is where, exactly?
THEM FUCKING PUBLISHING THE GAME.

That alone tells you Nintendo is financially involved. The lack of Vita port when it was a guaranteed 500k more sales is even more telling.

>look, another Thread made by sonybros cause they fear Worlds will flop

Capcom has a long as fuck record of passing up free money. See: localizing XX when it's almost entirely done already.

>Just that tells you Nintendo was sending them millions.
so are you implied that out of Nowhere Capcom grew a heat/ balls and decided to go multiplat all but the guy that paid em for 4 years??

riiiiiiight. and you faggots laugh when everyone brings up the rumor about Sony paying for no Switch ports

I thought that was Sony's moneyhatting?

Oh, I see, you're just retarded.

XX already flopped, toddler, so let's talk about that.

Capcom has a long as fuck record of being retarded
>Capcom says Worlds is HD on 2 consoles + PC, designed and marketed to the West cause they want expand the userbase
>Analyst says Capcom Projected sales are 1.5M for World.

>LOOK GUYS, WE AT CAPCOM ARE GOING FOR A WIDER USERBASE SO WE CAN SELL 1/3 OF WHAT WE SOLD IN 3DS. SMART!!!

XX was already released on two consoles. As if Sony was even interested in it going to other regions. Need I remind you that Worlds is not an exclusive by any means.

>XX already flopped, toddler, so let's talk about that.
>2M
>i-it flop!!! ,Nintodlers BTFO!!!. Glorious Monster Hunter Finally Back at Sony!!, Doent matter most PS4 user dont give a fuck for anything other than Dudebro games!!! Anything is good as long as Nintendosuckers dont get a game!!! MWHAHAA

You sound really mad that Switch got cucked big time this gen. Now relive the pain of Vita owners. It's poetic karma.

That's one mad toddler, lmao.

Yep

why would I?? I got XX on Switch on Worlds on PC