Why are so many people mad because Monster Hunter won't look like this anymore?

Can someone explain me the appeal of sub-PS2 graphics??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU
youtube.com/watch?v=ve82IUMAY5U&t=246s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just because Halo 4 looked better that 3 the art style and design was still dog shit.

But the artstyle in World is literally the same.

It won't be comfy anymore.

nintendo consoles can't handle higher resolutions

What's so comfy about handcramps and counting pixels?

It has nothing to do with graphics. Nintendo fans simply are seething at the fact that MH is no longer exclusive on their favourite platform.

>Why are so many people mad because Monster Hunter won't look like this anymore?
They are?

user stop

Idort here, and I'm just disappointed we finally got arguably the best "handheld" in a long while, and now the newest Monster Hunter isn't portable anymore. Half the fun was my cousins/ friends gathering to play together and show off what new armor we got ect. Now I gotta hope we all have the game on the same platform, since it's multiplat, and it's gotta be done online only.

>Why are so many people mad because Monster Hunter won't look like this anymore?

They are? Before World was announced I saw nothing but endless complaints about the (N)3DS's 240p resolution all the goddamn time.

Though I think the games still look pretty good for what the 3DS can handle, I'm all in for a visual overhaul designed around bigger resolutions. Just hope that the overall map design doesn't go full MH4 again by having the player fight against the terrain more than the monster.

>why are people mad?
many reasons I could imagine
>initial trailer gave a bad impression, looked like it became an open world game
>controversial changes such as
>flexing removed
>damage numbers
>moving while consuming
>revamping skill system (Attack is no longer straight forward, an example: the tier for AUM now adds +5% affinity as well now)
>access to item box mid-quest
>removed the two monster limit during a hunt, now there seems to always be 3+ monsters at any given quest
>changing gear mid-hunt
>removal of gunner armors
>air dashing and footstools for Glaive
>a new Spirit Finisher for Long Sword
>completely changing Light and Heavy Bowgun's controls
>removing complexity in charms, they apparently are very simple and instead are upgraded like any other armor piece
>concern for monster roster size
>all weapons returning except Prowler
or at least those are the complaints I've heard so far
>weapon trees being viewable in-game
>no farcasters or paintballs

Nobody is mad that World looks good, people are mad that it's fucking casualized to hell.

>it won't be comfy
>even though we have the best base camp now where your hunter can take a sit down and actually relax with a mug of piping hot dash juice

This is like the only thing I keep seeing brought up in threads. Is there anything else that looks good about this game?

This, the camp look so comfy holy shit.

>fainting so often that you ever spend more than five seconds at camp

REMOVE DROME

Most people mad about the shift probably like having the series portable and not chained to a TV, uncaring of graphical fidelity when the game just works.

Though, the older games at least have some vivid color, if you wanna argue visuals. That's the one problem I have with World visually, otherwise it looks great.

>mug of piping hot dash juice
a-user...
people took a peek in the combine menu, dash juices were pretty much the only thing gone

worlds is casualized trash catering to a cinematic western audience. nobody gives a damn about graphics, it's fucking monster hunter.

They easily could have kept the fantasy art and just made it not look like shit now that they're on powerful enough hardware to do it. It's called stylizing. Instead they opted for a fucking Gears of War palette like every other Western game.

welp fuck this gay Monster Hunter World then

Bowgun Ammo looks pretty fucked as well. Many of its combinations take Gunpowder AND new higher levels of Gunpowder to make them. Huskberry is no longer the standard and you are forced to combine level 1 shots to make level 2 shots now. Needleberry no longer makes level 2 Normal S.
Bow combines are untouched

While thank fuck MHW is higher resolution than a damn 3DS game, the game looks worse graphically than MHO. Shit man. If we're being graphics whores here, why not be mad that MH is still constrained graphically by consoles?

Some people like to play on the go. Even in my country where you don't see any games played in public (exept smartphones) I saw MH played by random people two times. Also streetpassed with some players.

New engine seems to be too heavy for any portable console.

Handheld gaming is trash anyway.

Because Nintendroens don't get to play anything that looks better

>Some people like to play on the go.
If you can't leave your house without having to bring your video games with you, you should be euthanized

Hi Quentin

Finally a HH buff, gud.

However gunpowder combines to 40, and ammo stacks to 999 in the box.

>there seems to always be 3+ monsters at any given quest
source? thats like removing what High Rank introduces

People liked the artstyle, just like how people hate nuBlizzards artstyle.

fuck off

who ever complained about the graphical upgrade? I myself only complained about the monsters looking more generic instead of the usual MH designs we've had for the longest time

Nah.

I don't know.

And it's crazy because then they'll start pukling shit out of their ass like "It won't have the (((charm))) of the portable titles" to explain why it looks worse. What the fuck is charm. How do they see it.

Because Nintendo fans have a emotional attachment to the Nintendo Company. Ltd and their software and hardware earnings and by loosing this franchise Nintendo Company. Ltd will not be making as much money as they did before and this means the Nintendo fanboy baby shall cry because his team ''lost'' something.

These Nintendo fanboys are below vermin, there is no other correct way to deal with them other than to despise them and beat them.

>what the fuck is charm
Do you even play Monster Hunter

a graphical update isn't worth going back down to tri levels of content and needing to wait 6 more years to get back to where it was. They could have polished the graphics up a bit per installment and kept the content level high but they wanted SICK GRAPHIX which is going to mean we will barely get a game

Dunno about you guys but I'll be hunting on the go

People are mad because they are changing the formula, they dont care about graphics you fucking shill.

Don't you dare give me that shit you BabyDick little bitch.
I'm not talking about the little things like the food jingle and such. I'm talking about the graphics.
What charm does 240p and stretched textures have? How is it visible?

Has the monster roster been confirmed yet? I fear we're gonna have a small Tri roster again.

Pretty sure it's not the 2d appeal but the vibrant colorful look.

>mh
>nintendo only exclusive

ha

Good post, these little beta fuckbois need to be taught a lesson and put in their place, they're out of control.

Not yet, only around a dozen or so has been revealed for now.

By looking at the screen at a comfortable distance? Not everyone has shit for vision

I own a switch, 2DS XL, and a PS4.
There are two reasons I don't want world on PS4:
First, I prefer portable. As soon as double cross launched on switch I bought it digitally and am playing it in moonspeak.
Second, Sony fans are shitheads who will gloat over Nintendo not having it and act like a bunch of chimpanzees. I like the PS4, but fuck is Sony isn't the worst fan base.

>I own a switch
Stopped reading there. If you were stupid enough to buy a Switch at this point in time nothing you say will be of any value to anybody since you've already displayed your stupidity and a apparent bias for Nintendo.

How can a person be this mad at someone being able to afford more than one console

source is all the demos that have been available having 3 monsters on the map

I'm not mad at anything, I wish you the best with your wii U 2.0 portable.

>sonyfags still THIS mad at idorts preferring the PC+Nintendo combo and only soulsfags feeling like adding a PS4 to the mix

So, like I said- chimpanzees

Its portable console that can outperform any other handheld in the current market.

Who are you replying too?

That's great, but not powerful enough for Monster Hunter World it would seem.

Let sonyshits shit, idorts ultimately rule the day and some people are too assblasted to admit that they're pissed that a game they wanted was on a console they didn't own or want to buy.

>389118821
I'm not going to give console fanboys a (You)

This guy >389118945
doesn't want to give you a (You)

>World not getting released for Switch
>XX is trash
glad to see Capcom never changed

Err isn't that what's happening in this thread? Monster Hunter leaving Nintendo and not being on the Switch making Nintendo fanboys cry Sony slurs even though nobody has said anything about Sony or the PS4.

All I'm seeing are Nintendo fanboys chimping out at their favorite boogeyman right now because nobody wants to own an underpowered gimmick tablet.

Freedom unite is still the best selling monster hunter no matter what you say nintendiaper.

Look at the autistic freak out the the mere mention of a switch by an idort:

speak for yourself, Nintendo sucks ass.
Not everyone wants to play Mario spin offs for 30 years

Monster Hunter was the only Nintendo game I vaguely liked and now its multiplat. Meaning there is NO reason to own a Nintendo unless you like faggot children's games or pure cancer like SMASH. In which case you are the faggot.

Idk who you're replying to and idc, Nintendo sucks donkey dick.

tell me why I should care about what you said, even if I wasn't an idort and really only played on Nintendo consoles

I just can't stand how Capcom has handled this fucking series over the years. It's like they want to actively fuck over their playerbase every few years and rebuild a new playerbase to fuck over later. I buy the first game and enjoy it immensely I stuck with it even when the community was just a small group of regulars. They said fuck the West for gen 2 on consoles and eventually announced 3 for the PS3 which I purchased in preparation. Suddenly they switch focus to Wii and scrap the PS3 version. I eventually get around to trying Freedom Unite on PPSSPP and trying Frontier while struggling with the UI and menus in a different language. I didn't purchase a new Monster Hunter till 4 on 3DS. It was a pretty good game but fuck did it feel like just a standalone expansion pack for gen 1 to me. MHW is basically what I envisioned to see as MH3 back on PS3, not quite on the same scale but at least a fucking generation leap. Why'd they have to swap mainline development to so many different systems. They never stuck to one place. PS1, PSP, PC, Wii, 3DS make it fucking stop, I'm not buying every fucking system just to follow the indecisive platform choices and rehash shit.

Capcom makes like 2-3 versions of every fucking game and they always nearly keep the same graphical fidelity. I feel like I'm practically paying a yearly entrance fee to delete my character. I swear to fuck if they pull that shit with World I'll be upset. Please for the love of god Capcom support the game for 4-5 years before making a new one. Go ahead and jew the fuck out of DLC and expansions just let me keep my fucking character and progression when you take my money you fucks.

point me out to some Nintendo fanboys chimping out, please, because all I see in this thread are sonybros calling anyone who dares to question anything about MHW a nintendo fag

Are you autistic? Why are you in this thread if not to talk? To shit it up more than it is?
Is he autistic?

The poster he quoted goes on to say
>Sony fans are shitheads who will gloat over Nintendo not having it and act like a bunch of chimpanzees

They're both idiots but the Nintendo fan decided to chimp out and started using derogatives.

>point me out to some Nintendo fanboys chimping out
See
and
I personally won't be buying a Nintendo Switch because I'm not into Nintendo games anymore, grew out of them 2 years ago but Nintendo fans sadly chimped out in this thread because the franchise went to other consoles. They just shouldn't call anybody a Sony fanboy just because they don't want to own a Switch and they should especially stop hiding behind PC since we can emulate every single wii U game as well.

This thread is going south, we must save it by making it an actual MH thread
Post your favorite monster

You'd be fucking dreaming if you think Monster Hunter World Portable, Monster Hunter World Ultimate, and MH5 (Monster Hunter World Ultimate Portable) aren't already planned to be released back to back annually

See
Makes no point, wont even converse.

>he owns a PS4
>yet you point him as a nintendo fag
next

>nothing in the post pointing out the poster is nintendo fag again

where
are
the
nintendo
posters
?

You can't speak rationally to Nintenbros.
There is something mentally wrong with adult men who dedicate their lives to underpowered children's toys/gimmicks and cartoony styles.

They are all some form of autistic, no exceptions.
For them they are always the victim and all the ridiculously cringey shit they do never happened or is acceptable behavior. Meanwhile its everyone else whop is bad.

Nintentoddlers are the worst kind of autists.
as proven here.
Literally "we dindunuffin" the post, when everyone can see them chimping out and screeching about Sony.
Typical Manchild autist.

Just go play on your tablet, Chris. rational discussion is not for you.

>first poster mentions PC before Nintendo
>second poster talks shit about console fanboys
where are the Nintendo shitposters?

Obviously this.

pic related, Dire Miralis, and Valfalk
In terms of non-elder dragons: Seltas Queen and Mizu are cool

I like the look of world, I'm just a little bummed it wont be portable.
Also I ended up skipping Generations because I figured a G-rank version was coming later, so it's going to be a bit of a wait.

>rational discussion
>consolewars

I see a butthurt nintenc.uck right now.

>MH thread
>Sonyfags bringing up console wars

we're not going to be allowed to have MH threads ever again, are we?

Owning a machine doesn't entitle you to spew hyperbole and chimp out about Sony fans. By your own logic he's more of a Nintendo fan than a Sony fan since he owns two Nintendo consoles, right?

Everybody and their mother on this board owns a PS4 at this point, it means nothing saying it anymore.

>nothing in the post pointing out the poster is nintendo fag again

Yeah, nah, stop. Nintendo fans chimped out in this thread, deal with it. I'm a PC gamer and I only own consoles for exclusives btw so I have no stake in this dumb argument

Don't forget
>in game battle music uses dynamic music, and is awful in comparison to past games
youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU
youtube.com/watch?v=ve82IUMAY5U&t=246s

If it ends up being the case I'm done with the series for good. I've had a bit of taste of all the gens but I've barely supported the fucks. I've only purchased the first game, 4, and X. I said fuck X and went back to 4. My most played games are still the first game and Freedom Unite on emulator with friends. I fell in love with the series but my fucking god I never know what to do financially to keep up with the fucking series. I can't trust any purchase decisions with Capcom. I could buy a fucking console just for them to swap to something completely different next. I don't like exclusives but what I hate more is exclusives that swap loyalties every two seconds. Just stick to one platform to stop confusing the fuck out of me and the rest of the fanbase or keep it multiplat. I'm surprised their shenanigans haven't already killed the franchise.

>even owning anything that isn't Sony makes sonyfags want to completely disregard anything you say

it's like some sort of cult, jesus christ

Its because no one starts the threads the proper way
Monster Hunter sucks

Same bro.

>mature games for mature players
I bet you only watch movies ma+

it ain't the greephix i'm mad at, i'm affraid capcom will fuck this up even harder than SF5. i'll wait for the PC version

hi pokebarneyfag

As I said before they're both idiots but as someone who isn't planning on owning a Switch either because its underpowered and overpriced with very few games in its library, he's not completely in the wrong for disregarding a post that starts with >I own the latest Nintendo console, which then also turns into juvenile rambling about how bad Sony fans are.

He's an idiot for doing that but so is the poster he quoted and the Nintendo fans quoting the idiot calling him a Sony fan because he doesn't want to own a Switch. Many people just don't want to own a Switch.

I hear a lot of people bash the swimming, but I really liked fighting the Ceadeus.

you can stream on the switch?

>Nintendo fans quoting the idiot calling him a Sony fan because he doesn't want to own a Switch. Many people just don't want to own a Switch.
who called him a sony fan for not owning a switch?

Not quite yet. Rainway devs have it up and running but they haven't given us an ETA on release yet. And sadly we don't know how stable it can be yet since the only working videos they've shown us have been streaming from a wank ass cpu.

Nah, we've had good monster hunter threads even after the announcement of MHW. It all depends on the OP, and the following early posts.

Everything is grey and bloom with a vignette filter now. You image is colorful and has personality, new mohun looks like skyrim with gun(lance)s.

>Muh realism