Best Smash game

>Best Smash game
>Gets killed years too early
Can we talk about Project M please?

Other urls found in this thread:

smashbroslegacy.com/legacy-xp.html
smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-legacy-xp-2-0-beta.439601/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love project M and brawl modding in general, but 3.6 is such a mess and the team handles leaked content like it's the worst contagion in existence. I'd pick back up if they were cool with people fishing knuckles and lyn up but they're so far up their own asses that they won't even let people discuss them on the subreddit or smashboards.

Wish 4.0 would have come out though.

>project m is in the nostalgia glasses phase

Fuck off already

Dammit I had an image for this but I lost it

no

>GIMR kicked PM to the curb to collaborate with Icons
HAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah I found it

The pre-3.5 Zelda is sex with her multiple fire balls. I use her on any build I set up, fuck the autistic tourney rulers.

Can we only talk about Project M or can we talk about Brawl mods in general? Me and a friend have been netplaying a shitton of Legacy XP lately just for fun, it's been a blast.

Project M was always in the nostalgia glasses phase, it's literally a mod to make a game more like the previous game in the series

I was really into project m competitive for a while. Took lucky and red ranger to game 3 in tourney, but could never clutch out that win. Kinda sad the game is dying now before I could get a breakout win

It's not just the weak character designs that get me. Everything about it, from the physics to the animation and audio just frankly looks like it sucks.

I unironically believe that all of the copyright drama was just the project m dev team just stirring shit up for publicity and support. That way they could draw more attention to the awful smash clone they are currently working on

Reminder that Project M died for Icons.

"Game"
so a shitty mod that downgrades the game to have shit physics counts as a game now?

Project M was never good

What do you think about Legacy XP? I fucking love it, there's a version with tons of custom stages and a separate version for tournament balance. Plus the five new characters are superb (Waluigi, Geno, Ridley, Metal Sonic and Lucina.)

(Also ignore the strange resolution, Dolphin's screenshot function wasn't working for some reason.)

Lunchables does not come off very likeable from what I've seen of him

I just wish Lyn would've came out

He's a straight up killer

Have you tried Legacy XP? Lucina plays very similarly to the preview videos of Lyn in development. smashbroslegacy.com/legacy-xp.html

What provoked him here?

Don't remember

I haven't played Project M in more than a year, the two people I used to play with lost interest and I don't think there's a local scene that wouldn't require me to drive an hour or more to play. I miss the game, and I hope a few years from now Smash 4 modding has progressed enough for someone to Melee-ify that game.
Fuck Icons, I hope it crashes and burns.

I prefer melee to project M. Something about it just feels subtly off. There's so many characters and gimmicks to learn.
With that being said fuck GIMR

I agree with you about it being slightly off. I'm not super serious about competitive though so I think all the extra content makes up for the slightly worse physics. It's a shame Melee modding hasn't been cracked open nearly as much as Brawl.

We get it, Legacy Dev-san. Not everybody wants to play your half-assed mod.

Haha, I was actually going to include a disclaimer "I swear I'm not a shill, the mod's completely free anyway" I was just so excited to see an actual team build upon 3.6 after the original PM devs abandoned the project and in some ways betrayed the community (depending on who you ask.)

But it's definitely not half-assed, the XP version has over 700 stages. That sounds outright ridiculous, but it's actually accurate since they could stage alterations. smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-legacy-xp-2-0-beta.439601/

Now the actual half-assed Project M mod is Project M EX, but I commend them for trying. It's the mod with a shitton of unfinished custom characters like Bomberman, Sephiroth, etc.

>developers stop updating the game
>fanbase dies
melee hasn't gotten a single update since May of 2002 and it is bigger than ever

>I swear I'm not a shill
That's exactly what a shill would say.

>over 700 stages
Piss off. Most of them are low-effort recolors or extremely minor alterations like removing one platform from a stage. The new characters all have horrendous animations as well, not even looking remotely natural.

>haha bro im not a shill
>but did you know that Legacy XP (tm) has over 700 (tm) stages?

could you make it less obvious when you shill a shitty mod

EX is definitely not half assed it's ported every character from PM's clone engine to Phantom Wing's much easier to mod Brawl EX clone engine Legacy is just an aggregate of different mods classic quantity over quality situation

I can at least meet you halfway and agree with you on some of the animations, Ridley looks just horrid. Waluigi's animations are amazing though, I think he's the only new character quality animated.

Anyway, do you know of any better mod? There's always just regular PM 3.6 of course, and that'll always be the staple for tournaments, but do you know of a better PM mod for those wanting new characters, stages, etc?

You're right about the stages, but there are a great deal of user-made customs, they incorporated a bunch of Smash1 and Smash4 stages. I'm not a shill, I've just never played a better PM mod, if you know of one definitely let me know.

You're right, I was just comparing how EX lacks sound effects and is unbalanced, where as XP has full sound effects for its new characters and at least a semblance of balance. EX is fantastic though, don't get me wrong, the effort was great but it felt unfinished, at least soundwise and balancewise.

>do you know of a better PM mod for those wanting new characters, stages, etc?
No, if you want to play as OP-as-fuck Ridley on red Final Festination, Legacy is perfect. I don't care how much content is in it when all of it is low quality anyways.

For fuck's sake, they couldn't even finish Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac. All I want is a mod that makes all three of them seem like they aren't unfinished.

I mean, they deliberately didn't include Knux, Lyn and Isaac at the request of the PM developers, but I feel you man, everyone was disappointed that the PM devs wasted their work (and our hype) on those three characters, to be left incomplete forever.

Also, I felt like Ridley was the worst in the game, he was retardedly slow. But maybe one of his moves was busted, I'll play some more matches with him, I've only tried him out briefly (I much prefer Metal Sonic and Lucina.)

>Sakurai will never EVER hire the team behind PM to make a Smash 4 Turbo Remix HD Champion's Mania for the Switch with Melee physics and Subspace Emissary 2

You should check out cobalt legacy. It's not as polished as XP, but it has more characters and attempts to balance things a little better than XP.

>Cutting lyn for lucina
Don't do that, legacy dev, bad choice on your part, especially when lucina does not play like lyn at all in canon

>Verbatim a smash clone
>Literal reskins
Why can't smash clones try and break the mold instead of using the same cast. God Damn.

Legacy's deal is that they'll only ever use content with the modder's permission, so you already know where Lyn, Knuckles, and Isaac sit.

Then they shouldn't have made her play similarly to lyn, lucina has her own shtick. Don't get me started on that ridley either, pretty sure I know the guy who mad that mod of him.

Don't worry, I'm the supposed Legacy shill and even I can't defend that janky as fuck Ridley.

Melee is in the middle of dying, thankfully

3.5 was the biggest mistake

PM is dead and Melee is next, get used to it autistic weeaboo faggots

I had my fun with the mod, too bad with what happened to it.