Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/VFansss/mgs2-v-s-fix/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol you mad bro?

>{You}

Why? You don't like pure ludo?

too bad it was a good game.

>play MGS5 as my first Metal Gear
>it's fun, except I don't understand any of the lore and story and there's excessive horse riding + lots of artificial wait times
>Sup Forums hates it because story isn't there
I thought gameplay was most important to these people

holding off suicide for chapter 3

Maybe you should stop getting upset about how "real" your fictional character is or the depth of the plot and enjoy playing video games.

play mgs2 it's the best one

I'm only mad that Chico isn't Quiet. Kojima gives Volgin a twink but won't give us mtf mental illness cases.

see that would be true, if MGS big appeal wasn't its story and characters that people like about it.

I don't cast your sorrow to the heartless sea

>have to replay the hospital mission because I didn't get either of the side mission objectives or an S rank
Please kill me. Holding up for 10 minutes isn't fun.

It's not. The tanker is cool and the core gameplay is good with lots of technology but the game is too up it's own ass with nonsense cutscenes and hours of codec conversations.

Before you say it isn't nonsense and I just didn't get it go play MGS4. 90% of what happens in 2 comes down to nanomachines.

MGS1 is the best one. But MGS2 is the second best. I don't want to start this rating war though.

I suggest playing all of them and seeing which one you liked best. Metal Gear is decent, still, if you get the collection.

There were like no indoor missions.

>I can't wait to see young liquid and psycho Mantis, hopefully grey fox too!
>oh

There were some interiors, like the area where they kept the honey bee and Code Talker's african mansion place, but they weren't that good

I don't really have the methods to play most of the Metal Gear games. I'm primarily PC / Nintendo.
I'd rather not emulate.
MGS5 was great, and the story of the other games seems great, but it's one of those things where, if I decide to get really into it, I'm gonna have to play the entire series. I don't have time for that at the moment. Too many games coming out soon.
Maybe at some point. For now, MGS5 is the only Metal Gear I'll be playing. Unbiased opinion: it's a great game.

why? it was modeled after PW but i'm playing PW right now post-ending and it's dull. maybe PW has more in terms of MGS qurikiness and creativity with the items and tapes and all that, but V has the best raw gameplay and you're almost always in-game, whereas PW you're only playing for a max of around 5 minutes consecutively and the gameplay is shit anyway

You're so right, user, can't wait to raid that road block again!
And again!

>I can't wait to see [insert character] do [thing]
>oh
Basically sums up MGSV for me. The only characters that had any good scenes was Huey and occasionally Miller, but really only the Huey courtroom scene. Everyone else was so bland and boring that I was wondering if I was even playing Metal Gear

Level design is part of the gameplay, garbage boy.

>playing as Coldsteel Snake

I think what I'm most mad at is just how much they showed of the game before it was released, which was basically all of it.
By the time the game launched we already saw
>both maps of the game
>almost the entire hospital sequence
>basically every cutscene, maybe excluding one or two, through trailers
>pretty much every single gameplay feature
>every single buddy and practically everything they could do
>the metal gear of the game
>the entire cast of characters
I'm sure this didn't effect people who didn't follow the game as thoroughly as people who kept up with trailers and new gameplay demos, but for me, by the time I had MGSV in my hands, I felt like I already played a ton of it.

Move on you fucking manchild.
>boo hoo the game wasn't what I wanted mommy ;_;

>I don't really have the methods to play most of the Metal Gear games. I'm primarily PC
Lets see, you can play:
MG through emulation (BlueMSX)
MG2 through emulation (BlueMSX)
MGS 1 through emulation (Mednafen)
MGS 2 natively with a patch
MGS 3 through emulation (PCSX2)
The Twin Snakes through emulation (Dolphin)
Gameboy MGS through emulation (Gambatte)
Peace walker, Portable ops, Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 through emulation. (PPSSPP)
Rising Revengeance natively
MGS 4 through youtube
MGS V natively
Snake's Revenge through emulation (FCEultra)
You're pretty much set, fampai.

As a game it was good. As a metal gear solid game it was shit.

me too user, me too.

Get over it.

I'm very happy that this game killed this worthless franchise.
After 3 years of spamming, that's exactly what you deserve, good fucking riddance to the MGS community, and to the most cancerous general in /vg/

I know you just want replies, but remember all those turbofaggots who were postponing suicide to play MGS V? I wonder (and hope) they went through with it.

It's so hard to accurately describe my disappointment with this game. There is so much wasted potential in literally every aspect of the game.

>As a game it was good.
How? How the fuck was this a good game? Just because it controls well, it doesn't make it a good game. Forcing you to redo missions over and over, wandering the empty shithole of afghanistan, riding that fucking helicopter over and over, forcing you to scavenge resources like some kind of hellish version of banjo kazooie, real time base development. It's some infuriating shit all over.

First MGS game and my only complaint is skull face is a shitty villain, the story is all over the place, and the amount of side ops is retarded.

Most retarded statement ever said by fanboys.
What a fucking retard you are. Go ahead, ignore all the good things about, lists some fucking nitpicks as major flaws and some blatant lies as arguments.

>ignore all the good things about
Okay so there's the controls and uh... the graphics look nice.
WTF I love kojimber nao??!!

>easily runs at 60fps, even on consoles
>superb mechanics
>great OST, on par or even better than MGS4
>good art direction
>great voice acting, animation, facial capture
>good, well designed bases
>excellently directed cutscenes
>generally good gameplay

>easily runs at 60fps, even on consoles
That's just something that should be standard, it doesn't make it a good game.
If you're already reaching with your opening point, you're pretty much just grasping for straws.

Great controls like you said. Good progression. Decent story. OK online play. Just.. fun.

It's a video game. It's a time waster. Did you expect it to be a complete 10/10 masterpiece and cater to all your needs and fantasies?
Compared to other games released around the same time, it's pretty good.

>Good progression. Decent story
Don't be a sad cunt, m8.

Besides the side ops, that's pretty much how MGS games are. The only reason old ones are praised is because nostalgiafaggots are the purest form of cancer. They are bigger cancer than the actual cancer. I've recently been playing MGS3 again, and sure, it's an enjoyable game, but it genuinely feels like it was written by a teenager who watched too many Steven Seagal movies. Like it was some sort of high school project. I hate nostalgiafags so fucking much.

>Picking one or two things that agree with your argument and ignoring the rest

Only a sith deals in extremes.

i hated it because it just felt like yet another lazy open world game with the only difference being a metal gear coat of paint, but they even fucked that up

>MGS 2 natively
don't, it's a pain to set up on modern computers

If you need to add padding to your list, it's probably not a very good list, familia.
I'm sorry but you can't retcon MGS V into a good, finished game by using your imagination.

You're never forced to repeat any of the missions, and TPP has far less grinding and optional repeat missions than PW if you want to 100% it
Plus the optional repeat missions of TPP have modifiers that change the way they are played more often than not, in PW it's just the same exact boss battles with more guards or more HP on the mechs
You have to waste time in some form or another to unlock more main missions in the post-game, but PW was the exact same way for the Zadornov missions
Of all the complaints about that game I will never understand this one, I have more of an issue with an entire substory and the entirety of the weapon modifications menu being locked out behind the worst sidequests ever

It isn't, some faggot made a patch and it works wonders.
github.com/VFansss/mgs2-v-s-fix/wiki

>I'm still fucking mad
>Blames Konami and not Kojima though
>will be first in line for Death Stranding
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're all dumbass hypocrites

>You're never forced to repeat any of the missions
See, this is why I don't bother reading your posts.

Not him but I tried it and it didn't work still. Not saying it won't for anyone else but I'd just emulate the game.

I just started this game a few days ago and im enjoying it. Does it get stale? I already heard lore wise the game is fucked

Apparently you didn't even bother playing the game, because you can skip all the repeat missions and the next post-game mission will unlock after you play a bunch of side-ops or FOB
Again you have to waste time one way or another, but it was set up in the same exact way in PW, the repeat missions are still completely optional, you should try and play games instead of just having Sup Forums describe them to you

MGSV. Another example of how modern gaming publishers are ruining everything by over hyping and under delivering and still making record sales.

Go get your marketing degree fellas

Oh well, works on my machine, controller support and everything. You can also emulate it via PCSX2 as you said, so it's all good.
>Apparently you didn't even bother playing the game, because you can skip all the repeat missions and the next post-game mission will unlock after you play a bunch of side-ops or FOB
>side ops which are repeats of the same fucking mission with different objectives
I love kojidrone delusion, it makes my day,

Level design is lackluster, and the game feels kind of souless, but at least it's fun. At least the game plays well and shit. Probably the best bad thing you could ask for.

I know you can read because otherwise how would you even get here, but did you miss the part where I said that the game has the worst sidequests ever made?
The repeat missions are still optional, I don't know how that makes me a fanboy for pointing out a fact. You're on a board discussing children videogames, you're never going to sound cool, chill out

I thought it was fun.

>it's not exclusive so it's shit
Are there any people more pathetic?

why is it lackluster

why does it feel soulless

Because people on Sup Forums who only roamed around the overworld while barely engaging in main missions told me so

There's horrible, repetitive grinding in this game that isn't optional. You're forced to capture this soldier and get this blueprint and scavenge the whole area for resources if you intend to do well. You're forced to do it over and over, in the same outpost or facility. So the missions might not be complete repeats of each other, but you sure as fuck will become familiar with that roadblock over there. If you're not fed up with that goddamn fucking helicopter after a couple of hours, I really don't know what to say.

It's empty, barren and it has like 3 buildings.
>only roamed around the overworld
1. Nobody does this
2. God forbid you tried this in an OPEN WORLD GAME.

>We live in a timeline where Half-Life and Metal Gear Solid ended without deserving conclusions
At least the Resident Evil soap opera will never end I guess.

>it's already been 2 years

I 100% agree with what you just said, yes
The repeat missions however are specific missions labelled as such within the game, and they are, in fact, optional, which was the only point I ever tried to make. I find it more of an issue that I have to play a bunch of sidequests just to reach the other sidequests that I need to unlock weapon modding that should have been a feature right from the start, or just to progress with Paz's storyline. They have a tab for important sidequests and yet none of these are in it, it's fucking stupid. I also have a bigger issue with the whole resource system which was designed from the ground up to be tied with a microtransaction money blackhole, it doesen't even make sense in-universe because if my base is producing billions of dollars why the fuck would I not just purchase materials instead of dropping fucking big boss in the african savannah to attatch balloons to containers? They weren't even there in PW.
If I could remake the game or even just mod it (too bad the executable can't be heavily modded due to denuvo LOL XD PIRATES BTFO for like a week while paying customers are taking it up the ass to this day) I'd cut out the resources system entirely, and incorporate 90% of the sidequests as just secondary objectives during missions, make it a bit tighter

In absolutes. Also:
>Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

It would take an absolute miracle for neo-Kojima to shit out anything good

Why? The game was pretty good. Hardcore MGS fans must be autists.

"hardcore" mgs fans failed to realize the following things:
- That this was a sequel to Peace Walker, so it would follow its gameplay style and presentation (more grinding and optional content, less story and cutscenes, cassette tapes)
- Missed every interview where this was stated
- Missed every extensive gameplay presentation where this was shown
- Missed the "tactical espionage operations" tagline in the title
and then they proceeded to write absurd fanfiction for months and were upset that it did not end up in the game.
I'm not saying the game is perfect or for everyone, but it was literally impossible not to know what the fuck you were buying and expecting another linear cinematic experience like 4, the entire game gameplay and storywise was shown before release

Stop being such a pussy.

Works as intended then.

> That this was a sequel to Peace Walker
That's hilarious, considering how much more limited the base management side of things is compared to Peace Walker. It's.... almost as if... you never played that game!
Kojidrones still defending this fiasco lightens up my day. They're so easy to shoot down, yet so emotionally involved.

>V shit
>4 shit
>3 good and shit
>2 shit because entirely of bait and switch
>1 unquestionably good
Is this what Sup Forums as one person thinks

Are you joking now or what? The game takes place after Peace Walker and makes direct reference to it, I don't disagree that Peace Walker is the better game but how does that prevent it from being a sequel?
I also like 2 better than 4 bur that doesen't change the year they take place in

Problem is not it being a sequel to Peace Walker, but that somehow justifying how unfinished and barren MGS V is. It's a silly argument to make, when Peace Walker, while it suffered much of the grinding this game has, was teeming with variety and content.
Blaming MGS V's shortcomings on PW is some seriously stupid shit.

You are having an imaginary argument with someone who isn't me because that's not what I said
While MGSV has its problems (mostly due to how bloated the whole thing is and how much useless shit is in there as padding, yet somehow it's missing the conclusion to the main threats introduced in the game) people who complained it wasn't a linear cinematic experience like mgs4 are just as retarded as the developers for not watching the six billion hours of previews that were available online at any time which showed 99% of the game
Most people who describe themselves as hardcore metal gear fans never played the game more than once, only played a few of them and just reference the wiki (i.e. fanon) for everything, it's the same with every fanbase

Me too

they released MGS2 on Nvidia shield