ITT: Games you were a fool for once liking

ITT: Games you were a fool for once liking

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMzaoieKuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats wrong with it?

shut up gamingbrit going commando was better anyway

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMzaoieKuQ

>no one has been genuinely able to refute any of his points in the hours since this was uploaded

Really makes you think. Why was UYA considered the best for so long again?

nostalgia

because its fun

>People constantly rate Tools of Destruction as one of their least favorite games in the series
>It does a fuck ton of justice to the ratchet and clank series, more so than ratchet 3

Gamingbrit is right ratchet and clank 3 isn't a bad game. But it took out a fuck ton of aspects that were staples of R&C in favor of a combat oriented approach.

It really depends on what your taste is, I'm pretty much split on Ratchet 2 and 3. 2 has a ton of content and more platforming, but 3 has better combat and the more enjoyable story/atmostphere

Going commando would easily beat up your ass if it had lock-strafe and a story that was actually good.

I can agree with him, having playing all 4 of the ps2 ones a few weeks ago, I enjoyed the 2nd game the most by far.

But is it better than a crack in time

It has the best combat and weapon variety easily. Dr. Nefarious as the main villain also helped. The game literally had so many plus sides that people pretty much overlooked all it took away from the first two entries.

He really needs to watch that Youtube dev commentary to get perspective.

ToD felt like nothing but a vehicle for Crack in Time. I don't remember the planets being much more open than the ones in UYA. I haven't played it since like '08 though, so I'll give it a replay.

Anything Bethesda. Still have a soft spot in my heart for some but god those games are ass.

no

im glad this is finally coming out, ive always felt 3 was shit as a fan since the beginning. 2 is considered the worst (spoilers its actually the best one objectively) but in a few years well see another eceleb come out and say 2 is the best

Alaskan adventures was better....

i recently replayed the ratchet games, but in challenge mode, and i got pretty bored with ToD and just moved onto CiT

part of that may be that ToD's challenge mode is fake difficulty incarnate with enemies being able to 2-3 hit kill you even with the best armor, but i feel like it's kinda just filler

>Finish the video
>he actually cited the dev commentary
Well shit, there's the foot in my mouth. Don't know why he still complained about the ninjas when the dev commentary actually explains why there's a shit ton of ninjas.

ITT: I have no original opinions for myself

it also had like no 'what the fuck' moments like the yeti planet and final protopet boss

>UYA removed the space combat from GC
I'll never not feel bitter about this.

I don't care what the fucking guy says Going commando had a fucking shit plot. I'll agree that ratchet 1 focused a lot on consumerism, and while that theme does exist in 2 it isn't any where near the main focus of the plot. Megacorp was interesting but it was handled poorly, the protopet shit was retarded, and the fact that Fizzwidget was supposedly qwark the whole time was fuckin mundane. Ratchet 3's focus on the Q-force was just better. 2's plot was a mess

Not gonna watch this shit. UYA is objectively the best game.

I'll agree that the story in GC is shit, but it has better content to compensate for that.

Finally Ratchet Deadlocked will reign supreme!

Doesnt seem like he is talking shit, but I'm still going to call bullshi because he didn't mention anything about combat and gameplay

thats what i noticed. art wise, im right there with him, but what was lacking in it is made up through fucking solid mechanics and gameplay

and just like how UYA has shit level design and overall content, everyone basically saw past those factors with how much they overhauled the combat.

Look at pretty much any review and a majority of the praise is geared toward the gameplay and characters. It all depends on what you expect to get from a ratchet game.

>Released TODAY
Your video is shit, friend.

Is there dev commentary for the other Rachet and clanks?

The playthrough for 2 was comfy as fuck

I'd say it has better combat, but if you take all the different aspects of gameplay into account I'd say GC > UYA.

Also if you're gonna mention characters then, while you're mostly right, Angela > Sasha

UYA was just the most fun to play.

Like, I know people shit on the concept of 'game feel,' but in this case I totally think it's true. Going through UYA just felt like Insomniac reached complete perfection in how Ratchet was meant to be played and controlled.

>how much they overhauled the combat.
Its what made the ranger missions and area so fun. If deadlock hadn't botched the weapon portion (most were bland, mods didn't make up for it, and some the earlier weapons dropped off hard no matter how much you upgraded them) it would have been one of the best games in the series.

The Gaming Brit seems to enjoy Ratchet for more of its platforming elements. It's why he sucked the first game's dick so much in his review of the 2016 game.

The problem is, R&C has always been a mix of platforming and TPS elements, and the TPS stuff in the first game was a complete fucking joke. Weapons were by far at their most boring, no incentive to switch away from things you grew attached to, and it didn't even have strafing.

Going Commando improved things tremendously in that regard, but Up Your Arsenal just felt like it reached a pinnacle. There's a reason every game besides Deadlocked built off UYA's system over any others. It was a natural plateau that you could fiddle with, but never really outright better.

The weapon Variety in Deadlocked was embarrassing, they didn't even fucking try. All the guns were stand-ins for a basic firearm. You've got the pistols, the shotgun, the grenade launcher, the mine-launcher, the sniper rifle, the missle launcher, all-in-all they just said fuck it and streamlined the whole arsenal, I basically just summed up the entire thing.

Only unique stand outs are the scorpion flail and the RYNO equalivent, which for some reason wasn't just a RYNO

>nu/v/eddit can only think what an eceleb tells them to think
genuinely pathetic

What annoys me is that basically every R&C thread from now on is fucked because of this faggot.

It's a niche series. Before, you'd have people saying 3 was the best, or 2, but it was all good. Who fucking cared? This shit though, and that stupid 90 minute spergfest that was his review of the remake, are going to dominate whatever few conversations this franchise will get.

Pic unrelated

Are there any other games like Ratchet and Clank? Its been a while since the last game.

speaking of which, what's up with ratchet and clank games having love intrests that then never show up again?