How the FUCK do I catch this FUCKING ufo?

how the FUCK do I catch this FUCKING ufo?

go fast

The Special Stages in Mania are piss easy and people are overexaggerating them.

>not going fast

come on man

>tfw when you overshoot the ufo and wind up fucking up bc it fucking starts going the other way

>mfw finding out i can ring out at top speed

>collect all the blue balls
>get to level 3 gotta-go-fastness
>take obnoxious alternate route to chase ufo down

>>collect all the blue balls

I sure got to that part alright

>ring out while hitting rings

>tfw you somehow get too far ahead of a UFO to hit it and you have to awkwardly slow yourself down.

>all
I meant some. Do not take me literally ever again.

>inb4 this is bait
When you start stay on the paths with blue balls and focus on getting Mach 2, but take note of which way the ufo takes so you can catch up to it once you reach mach 2. Don't collect every single ring bubble you'll see cus then you'll fuck yourself over when you still got a ways to go to catch the ufo. try to keep around 30-40 rings while you're actually on the chase. also dont be afraid to jump over pits and ramps. going on ramps will slow you down unless your on Mach 3. jumping over pits inside of corners helps cut through the course (if the arrow on your pic isnt obvious enough). if theres a big area off-road that isnt boardered off by bumpers, thats your cue to jump and cut through it. You HAVE to cheese your way to the emerald.

tl;dr
Mach 2 before anything

As soon as you hit Mach 3 ignore pickups and take corners as tight as possible. Shits easy a fuck.

Protip, Jump around corners.

>BING
>lose all velocity

chill out and collect some spheres and rings for first lap
second lap on mach 2 you can easily get a shitload of rings
mach 3 just focus on shortcuts and you'll grab it easily
I wish there were more of them

?

I don't seem to have this problem, stop playing super Mario run and BINGing all the time. You should play sonic mania special stages.

The later special stages don't have that many bumpers. I thought falling out of the course was more of an threat, honestly.

>First 3 emeralds
Wow, this is really neat, brings parts of special stages in the past into something new!
>emeralds 4+5
FUCKING DIFFICULTY RAMP
>emeralds 6+7
piss easy, last one doesn't even require Mach 3

>stuck on early stages
>hitting bumpers
>at all
That's the problem, you suck!
This is only an excuse if you are stuck at SS5

>do not take me
oh baby this got sexy

when?

>1994
>suck at blue spheres
>can't get any emeralds

>2017
>easily complete blue spheres
>they no longer give emeralds

why

The difficulty spike from 3 to 4 is real. I think this was intentional so people could make shitty "where's that damn fourth chaos emerald " jokes.

>that feel when Sphere Stages

This is anti-advice

If you lose sight of the UFO to hoard rings and orbs, you end up having to play catch up at Mach 3 and its fucking terrible.

Instead, focus on staying on the UFO's tail as much as possible, grabbing orbs and rings as they come to you. You should never really run the risk of timing out, and when you hit Mach 3 you'll,have significantly less distance to close meaning lower chance of a fuckup.
I was ready to tear my hair out over Stage 5 until I tried this and never had a problem since.

Are there any games with the aesthetic or graphics from the UFO-catcher minigame?

>After you manage to beat Special Stage 5, you finally have mastered the mechanics and can bulldoze Special Stage 6 and 7
>And then it's all over
>Right when it was getting fun
I can't wait for mods to make us a shitload of Special Stages

Sonic 3D ManiaX coming 2019

>chill out and collect some spheres and rings for first lap

Absolutely do not do this.

I never liked Mode 7 courses.