Favorite persona game?

favorite persona game?

P3/4

P5 was only good because of the gameplay.

5 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 1

you mean in a video g a m e ?

P/v/

>5 was only good because of the gameplay

Same rationale, but make 5 my favorite too.

5 > 4 = 3

You posted it.

3/4 had more interesting stories and characters.

5 improved on Game mechanics, but lacked in the Plot and characters.

Just my opinion

After I played 5 I went back to play a bit of 3 and 4
Gameplay wise 3 and 4 just aren't as enjoyable as 5
You can like the music, characters, and story more in those games, but 5 is a fun game even when you go back to it and skip all the other stuff

3>4=5

Enjoyed 3 overall. 4 had an interesting story while 5 had great gameplay.

5>3>2>Q>4>1

Gameplay and Characters: 5
Theme and story: 3

i agree.

despite the quality of life improvements, it just followed the same formula instead of innovate with the new engine. missed opportunity. shido was such a background character. the phantom thieves were more of a threat

combat
5>4>3

dungeons
5>4>3

story
3>4>5

characters
3>5=4

Q

4=5

3 Because Fuuka is in it.

She got even cuter in P4U

P2>P3=P5>P1>trash can>P4
Overall experience.

I must dissent.
Fuuka is equally as cute in all her appearances, although my favorite is her P3 look

Hi shinjirofag.

You posted it.

>P1/2 even in the ranks
lmao

The gamepla is outdated, I will admit. But the characters and story are superior than nusona.
Hey.

P2 for Story
P5 for Gameplay
P3 for Music

I'm going to be the only guy to say 1. My reasons are good.

If they were, you would give them to us.

You want to explain your reasons?
That's the kind of thing that usually just gets shitposts as replies. But I am genuinely curious as to why 1 was your favorite. From memory the gameplay was a bit of a mess, especially the dungeon designs.

P1 for story
P5 for everything else

Fukka bro stop shit posting your wife already

5 Is definitely the best game, but my personal favorite is 3. I like the way it's explores it's themes of death and endings.

Memento mori

They only apply to me, though.

objectively

Just say them you nigger.

It's so pointless to state that you have reasons and not actually list them, almost like you just want attention.
I ain't gonna judge, despite the flaws I still enjoy Persona 1 to an extent, mostly for the characters and story.

3, FES specifically.

5 might actually be my least favorite. The in battle gameplay, girls, and music are all great, but so much of the game feels like a fucking drag. 1 has my least favorite cast but at least they don't spend 90% of the game just fucking around and padding out the time like in 5.

>least favorite cast
Nigga what. Did you play the American PS1 version or something?

>Did you play the American PS1 version or something?
Yes, actually. I've got the PSP version but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

This

P3, 4 and 5 all feel like padding time and fucking around the whole time. In 3 it feels like nothing in the plot really happens until near the end when Ryoji shows up, in 4 no progress in the investigation is made until Nanako is kidnapped and in 5 there's no overarching goal so the PT are just taking on whoever they feel like. I don't mind and I think they all make use of that time in a good way, but none of them devote that time to the plot, the only one that bothered me in that regard was 3 where the pacing felt really bad for most of the game to me.

Nothing noteworthy happens in 3 until the Hanged Man fight in November honestly.

I get what you mean, but 3 and 4 don't feel padded out to me. With 5 I'm talking more about how you're forced into cutscenes for weeks at a time with little to no actual freedom. You might spend Monday through Sunday meeting up to discuss the same subject over and over again without getting any free time, then the next Monday the new palace finally opens up and you get free time again. 3 and 4 definitely didn't do that.

That adds to Ikutsuki's value as a villain, though. Knowing you've been doing exactly the opposite of what you were supposed to be doing for the last 10 months. I just wish he had a proper fight instead of getting cutscened by (and cutscening) papa. Even if it were merely a hijacked Aigis, I think the payoff would be a bit better. The game could afford to make the connection between him and STREGA a little more opaque, it's strange for (Revolver) Jesus to readily accept the role he has been given by Ikutsuki but never mention him.

They're all shit. 5 at least tries to be a good game and gets points for trying

This.

I agree. 5 had a lot of dialogue that could've been trimmed down or cut entirely without hurting the game. At least it has a fast forward button so we can skip those parts on replays.
I think having Ikutsuki turn into a completely different person for 1 scene before dying was a waste of a character. I think it would've been much better if he worked with Strega for a while afterwards and had a few more scenes as a villain. Maybe even have him force out a Persona so the final Strega encounter wouldn't be so underwhelming.

5 isn't a good game. Battle system is too easy to break by accident and it tries to make the world more open to the player, after a point, but they forgot to give the player anything to fucking do in said world (there's really no excuse for these games to not have a setting atleast half as fleshed out as a Yakuza game by this point). It's the most boring game in the series for that reason, the first couple of dungeons being fun are it's only saving grace.

Should I wait until RPCS3 is good enough to run Persona 5 smoothly, or should I just buy a PS4 and be done with it?

As a Persona game:
FES > 5 > P3P > 4
Absolutely excellent characters whose growth was evident and displayed throughout the story, as they weren't tied to optional S.Links; flawless theming that nearly every aspect tied into; difficult but manageable gameplay. FES is the pinnacle of the nuPersona trilogy as a story-focused, character-driven RPG that gets its cues from the SMT series. The others drop the ball and one or more ways fail to live up to their legacy or fulfill their purpose.

As a video game:
5 > FES > 4 > P3P
No contest, 5 is far and away the best game of them all, judging them in a vacuum. A bit easy to break, perhaps, but those dungeons and all the options the battles give you can't be beat.

>11/1
>Ikutsuki still there
Doesn't he die earlier?

I've only played 4 and 5, and gameplay wise, P5 takes it without a doubt, but I honestly enjoyed the story and some of the characters of P4 a bit more. P5 just feels incredibly sluggish in some of the later game parts. Pretty much everything to do with Okumura is just a fucking pointless slog.
I think many gameplay elements were improved, and certain Confidants are far more interesting in P5 than they were in P4, but by the end of P5, I just kinda wanted to get it over with. I honestly think it's way too long for its own good.

No, he gets fucked the night after the next full moon. Note the "two days remaining" moon thing.

Yeah, just checked it. He dies on 11/4.

Now 5 improved the dungeons, i'm hoping they sort out the life sim stuff next

2>3>1>4>5

just buy a PS4.

Just buy a PS4. Get a Slim, not a Pro. The Pro is overpriced trash, and it's just not much of an improvement.

Or should I buy a PS3? Which version of Persona 5 is better and how?

They're the exact same game on both systems. It really doesn't matter.

But a PS3 is cheaper. I guess I'll go with that.

these

5s story was so bad

so baddddddddddddddddddddddddd

also

WOAH LOOKING COOL JOKER

I don't think it's that 5's story is bad per se, it's just that a whole lot of fucking nothing happens for the majority of the story, and when there is story, it's a fucking slog to go through, Okumura being the absolute worst offender.
>HEY GANG, LET'S GO TO HAWAII AFTER WE ALREADY WENT TO THE BEACH A WEEK PRIOR, AND THEN LET'S DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND TALK ABOUT HOW WE'RE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Gameplay:
5>4>3>2>1
Story:
IS=EP>3>5>4>1
Soundtrack:
5>2>3>4>1 = 1 remake
Artstyle/Aesthetic:
5>4>3>2>1
Strongest MC
Joker>Door>Tatsuya>Maya>Chad>Boy with Earring

How did Persona take off when the first game was so shit?

>dub
I'll agree with you, however, that the cat's voice is absolutely grating and you're stuck with it as your navigator for over half of the game.

Still not as bad as Teddie and Rise.

5 was the only one I wasn't sick of by the end of it. 3 and 4 get to be such a slog towards the end, and that's in spite of the end of P3 being the best part of the game. The only part of 5 where I felt a bit sick of it was Okumura's dungeon, but that faded after the dungeon.

This, 5 has the 'best' gameplay but said gameplay still fucking sucks and is a slog to get through but for all the other stuff so it's a moot point.

You have the Confidants to do in the free time, and there's more than enough to them to occupy you the whole game. The only issue with the battle system is that the SP Adhesive's are in the game seeing as the only real challenge in the game is trying to get through the dungeons in as little time as possible, and those nullify any difficult that comes with that.

4 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1

Can't play 5 yet, and 1 was absolutely terrible.. Bad story, bad gameplay, bad graphics. Is 2 worth playing?

>Still not as bad as Teddie and Rise.
i can understand teddie but Rise
really?

what are you, a faggot

The previous games have Confidants too but no one mentions them when saying there's nothing to do. Since most Confidants are sorta shit and all, even in P5.

I played with nip ching chong gook voices. Kuma was pretty awful, but neither were as bad as this shrieking faggot cat. Fuuka's reserved voice really fit the role of navigator the best in the nusona games.I really hope this trend of "mysterious shrill genki mascot character who is ambiguously a shadow suffering an existential crisis but still manages to make epic puns and shoehorn themselves into everything" won't continue; but with how intrusive the cat was compared to Kuma, it seems it's only going to get worse.

KAKKOI JOKA YOSH SHORI DA NA

yes and yes
but don't expect it being great

Yes, Rise's voice is ear-raping, too. Navigators go like this: Misuru>Fuuka>Rise=Morgana>shit>Teddie. Don't know about Futaba cause I haven't heard her yet.

>How did Persona take off when the first game was so shit?
Atlus doesn't really know when to quit with their franchises sometimes. And P1 probably got some praise, being one of the first JRPGs in a contemporary setting outside of Earthbound and SMT.
Although SMT probably had a cult following in Japan so that's why Persona took off.

the story was terrible.

GAWSH THOSE DARNED ADULTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

adults being evil for the sake of evil is shitty writing

also the last boss was literally the personification of an evil adult done worse than the 2nd to last boss who at least pretended to have some reasons behind why he acted the way he did

5 is my favorite.

Rise's squealing is insufferable, she's fine when you first meet her and in her S. Link, but not in any other interaction. The same could be said of her character as a whole, but it comes through in her voice acting specifically.

The Confidants in P5 are far better than the S. Links in 3 and 4. Even putting aside that the way they have unique benefits is much more rewarding than just giving an experience boost, the actual story in each of them is at least decent, where 3 and 4 both had more that were an absolute bore. You might say that no Confidant in 5 is as good as The Sun in 3 or something, but on average P5 has the best Confidants, I think.

Most fans agree that 1 is trash. 2's gameplay isn't much better but some people consider it to be the best Persona story so it's worth a shot if you can tolerate the gameplay.

i still dont get it but thats just different opinions

Misuru>Futaba>Rise>Fuuka=Morgana>Teddie

futaba is pretty ok as a navigator in my opinion
like she doesnt say too much and has ok vocals for the job

plus she is a cutie

I played the entirety of Persona 1 so I can definitely put up with the gameplay if I like the story (or if I hate the story but liked Persona 4 I guess) - I'll give it a shot, at least.

I can't pick a favorite. P5 had a good shot with its major gameplay improvements, but the plot dropped off so hard after the third palace.

P3 basically lives on its strong climax.

P4 is just comfy as fuck all the way through.

They weren't being evil for the sake of being evil, but for that matter I really wish they chose a word other than "adult" for what they were talking about. They actually have no problems with adults and every member of the PT shows that, and the only people they have a problem with are people in positions of power who take advantage of those below them, but for some reason they use "adult" as the blanket term for those people, which just makes them come off as far more childish than they actually are.

>all the bosses were based off actual problems in Japan
>westerner: wtf, nobody does these things

isnt it like that every time a new character comes into the party they are a mary sue for the rest of that chapter?

I liked them all, even P1 (PSP version), for different reasons.
All of them had some flaws.
P3 had least likeable cast for me.
P4 was suddenly jumping shark inbetween comfy country and corpses.
P5 had that retarded plan as most important story point.
Many of party members s.links were weak in them all.
I wish s.links would affect story more than just additional scenes at the end. Really annoying with things like Nanako/Doujima and Futaba/Sojiro events.

>The Confidants in P5 are far better than the S. Links in 3
Think it about an even balance of good and bad ones honestly. P3's party s.links were better than P5's (all them barring Yusuke & Futaba's being awful) but P5 having more not-shit NPC s.links than P3 did.

None of them really do that, they all get their time to shine, but the only one that comes close to feeling like a Mary Sue is Futaba, and even then I have to stretch quite a bit to actually call her that. The only far-fetched thing about her is her hacking skills.

>the actual story in each of them is at least decent
Absolutely not, and I don't think most people disagree with me given that some of the most popular chicks in that game are the ones with the worst Confidants. Hell Ohya's plotline in her Confidant actually being decent compared to most of the ones in the game is the only thing she has going for her even and no one gives a shit about her precisely because she has nothing else going for her.

>only one that comes close to feeling like a Mary Sue is Futaba
really?
i fought it was makoto by the way she comes is and fixes thing so they can continue

Get ready for "SASUGA JOKAH!".

>P3's party s.links were better than P5
P3 had atrocious party S. Links, the only one that was even halfway-decent was Aigis'. They all felt so tacked on and obvious that they had no reason to exist other than letting you date the girls. The worst party Confidants are still at least decent in 5, even if they're nothing special.

How so? I know people aren't that fond of Makoto's and Ann's, but I think that, while they're nothing special, they're by no means bad either, they're just alright. The only major issue with Makoto's is that she feels like a secondary character in her own Confidant, but it still explores elements of her character that aren't brought up in the story and reflects her arcana well, and the story that is there isn't gripping, but it's not so bad that it felt like a chore to do Makoto's Confidant either. Ann's is a bit worse, I think, just because it feels a bit all over the place, but it still gives her character plenty of time to shine and it also keeps it interesting by bringing up Shiho every now and then and even bringing her back at the end, which kept me engaged for the whole thing. I'm not saying either of these are amazing, but they're fine, and they're far better than stuff like the Magician, Moon, Temperance or Fortune in P3. The only really bad Confidant in 5, as far as I'm concerned, is Caroline and Justine, and that's just because it's barely even a Confidant.

Yeah, its the way they use "adult" that makes me want to throw the controller at the screen.

People say that, but I don't think these people know what a Mary Sue is. I understand people being annoyed because the game introduces her as "smart" and leaves it at that, without really showing her smarts too much, but she still does more to plan things out and be cautious than the others and it's never to such a degree that it makes it feel like she was being presented as some superwoman incapable of doing no wrong. She helps the PT and fixes some of the problems they were having because she's a useful addition to the group, and just because she was a significantly more useful addition to the group than Ryuji, Ann or Yusuke doesn't make her a Mary Sue.

P5 is shit
Who plays persona for gameplay?

I'd be curious to know what use they use in Japanese. I don't have a lot of faith in ATLUS USA, so I wouldn't put it passed them to fuck it up with the translation, though I don't actually know if it was their fault or not.