Yandere Simulator is out

So what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wXBcwJ4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm surprised that a ripoff of dubious quality managed to come out before the came it was based on, which is also shit.

EvaXephon on suicide watch

>releasing a game
>not stalling for years making pointless videos whilst you earn 5k a month on patreon
Do you even jew?

BUT THE EMAILS! They take up so much time that you just have to make videos bitching about them and how they slow down production!

can someone give me an approximate gestalt of the situation regarding evaxephon? I feel like I missed out on some fun shit

I'd buy it if it didn't only have 2 hours of gameplay. Is it that hard to make a hitman sandbox?

So there's no reason at all to follow Yandere Sim anymore?

>is really that hard to make videogames?
yes user it is indeed

Eh, gonna go out on a limb and say that whenever YanDev puts his game out it'll be a whole lot better than this knockoff.

>ordinary yandere school girl

Doubt it. His game is just bait for youtube and patreon money, and uses no original assets.

Why? He's completely incompetent, at least whoever made this "knockoff" managed to finish a game.

YanDev's character models are unity store assets

Wrong. I just searched for it on Steam. It's not there.

That game is never releasing.

shit

Watch the picture faggit

I 'watched' at the picture. Is this game on Steam or not?

>whenever you have uploaded reference material and design documents of your game for the last two years
>whenever you slack off for the sweet patreon money because your hugbox will support your project no matter what
>someone swoops in and uses your public game-design as their own and takes a portion of the money you'd have made from it

dramatic irony is the tits

STOP SENDING HIM EMAILS

Wew, ratface disapproves, how horrifying.

Yandere school

Imagine being this much of a cuck, holy shit.

>I, a video GAMER, have spoken with the developer of the game you're ripping off. He told me, to tell you, that your game should be removed within 3 months time, far after it's made all it's money. I'd implore you not to try this crap again, lest you suffer my consequences. *tips fedora*

>YARN-DUH-RAY

>Yandere Sim knockoff comes out
>It looks better both in terms of gameplay and graphics
Every fucking time. He should be ashamed.

TinyBuild is helping him finish it. They're not a very good dev but they're probably a lot better than this one.

>TinyBuild is helping him finish it
He's already alluded to the fact that he barely has any contact with them. They probably realized it's more trouble than it's worth since his game is coded like a pile of fucking spaghetti.

Question ultimately is, what nationality made this? The Chinese, Hues or American?

>check profile
>a fucking leaf

>TinyBuild
These are the guys who forced Pathologic devs to rename their remake to a sequel?

Ukranians.

I remember in the pastebin with MikeZ/Eva that's always thrown around, he was getting told that he should have redone the entire game that he showed to Mike because its code was absolutely fucked. I would not be surprised if it was the same case with this game, and he's trying to force this team to work on this bullshit.
pastebin.com/wXBcwJ4s

>Spaghetti Code
Explain Further

Maybe not in my country

Spaghetti code is what you can use when you want to program a delicious Italian meal for yourself, similar to linguine code or minestrone code.

>stole so much from
Oh the ironing.
His kiddy fanbase is basically a cult.

Just look over any thread here. There's never anything that's really new about it. Which is part of the laughs, but it also just means part of Sup Forums furiously beats itself off to evax pretty damn fucking hard.

Help is an odd way to define it. They give him one tech monkey to clean up his shitty code and port it to C# and apparently only plan to go into the project full force AFTER eva pulls off a successful kickstarter scam. He's basically on his own for now.

He doesn't go back and refine his code after making sure it works. Instead he leaves it sloppy, and continues on to code as need be.

Gets stuff done faster at first, but very quickly after you realize you've fucked up because suddenly you need to get creative with every single command, and find a way for it to work without royally fucking up everything else you've typed.

>and port it to C#
What's he doing it in?

Could this be the next Episode 3?

It's the same game that is on mobile devices.

What the other guy said. TinyBuild aren't really helping right now, but if his future kikestarter is successful then they're going to get involved. If I remember right, Eva will be working on his version of the game and then TinyBuild will pretty much be rebuilding the game from scratch alongside him.

Fail that someone pooped on.

Not him but I'd assume C++. He's making the game in Unity, and to my knowledge those two are the only languages it uses.

It wouldn't surprise me if TinyBuild ends up dropping him due to how long this game is taking to develop. Eva simply does not know what he's doing, has no direction and has been feature creeping since the beginning of the project.

Unity uses JS and C#

> C++
Eva using C++? Not in a million years. The fucker uses JavaScript,, poorly.

>d-don't you d-dare infringe on my property!
>l-let's just ignore the fact that my game is filled to the brim with infringing "meme" content that makes me mad money! That has nothing to do with it!
>Don't infringe on my property!

>kickstarter
>patreon
>twitch
>youtube
>and then he'll sell the game
JUST GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY

oh yes, let the shitposting begin

Doubt that idiot even copyrighted his game.

I actually like the idea of Yandere Sim a lot

But it's cool to exploit Attack on Titan and One Punch Man and what have you. They're rich! Who cares!
But Eva needs money to develop the greatest game ever made! Stealing Yandere Simulator's idea is a truly detestable crime in comparison!

Its /ouridea/

Isn't the game made entirely by bought assets?

>unity
>C++

>50 posts
>nobody has posted his code
POST IT
PLEASE

Wait if I understand correctly someone else released yandere sim because original dev was taking too long

Neat premise, but it looks lifeless and cheap.

>I-I TOLD ON YOU!

Doesn't mean eva isn't a kike faggot.

I agree on the idea being solid. Shame about the everything else.

I just want the Yandere Sim dev to stop making videos and focus more on making the game itself. The videos are so high quality that he's wasting time on that rather than actually making the game

it's = it is
its = possessive

>feature creep
>long YouTube videos
>email obsession
When you don't have to worry about drowning in Patreon money, you don't have to try.

>it'll be a whole lot better than this knockoff.

He gets lots of shekels from the videos, twitch, and patreon.
He's going to drag this out as long as possible; he might even have no intention of finishing the game.

He ended up using like a billion if/else statements for coloring the characters hair instead of a switch.

Thats pretty much the start of any sort of coding course, which means he got through like three tutorials then quit.

reminder that you can look like this, be lazy as fuck, have zero social skills and STILL be able to roll in money and have a cult-like fanbase

there's still hope, user

>tfw you've sunk so low this guy can give off hope
j u s t

>vector358
>vector359

Good lord.

That being said, I give the guy props for actually working on a large project which people seem to be excited for. I haven't followed any of the development, but making games is hard. Hope it does well for him.

Why is no one talking about the game?

It'll never release since it takes half an hour to recompile his code and he does so after he changes/adds a line.

oh boy can't wait till eva chimps out and makes a video about this instead of working on his game.

"Spaghetti code" implies liberal use of GOTO and other language constructs that obscure order of code execution. Yandere Simulator's code is probably not spaghetti, but the design is a patchwork of ad hoc solutions to specific problems with no overarching structure holding it together.

The idea itself is fine, the problem is the person who popularized it is basically an idea guy with basic coding knowledge. Eva just keeps convoluting the damn thing by sticking in 10% done features every time he finds some interesting mechanic from another game. He's like a kid thinking of his dream game, but doesn't actually know how it should function
>There should be social links but also these other girls and some of them try to help you and one of them plays video games so she doesnt come to school sometimes but then maybe if she doesnt come to school there is this other character who functions in her place but she also has her own schedule so maybe if you
Like focus on making sure the basics are down, fuck.

what game user?

>1.6 million subs on youtube
>~1 million views per video
Assuming youtube hasn't demonetized him, he isn't stopping shit.

>an idea guy

The dude isn't even an idea guy since that would imply he has original ideas. The original idea for Yan Sim was made up by random Anons on Sup Forums. Gameplay features he just steals from other games.

The only original idea eva ever had was something so ultra cringy and edgy that nobody liked it.

back when livestream was still called mogulus i was a regular at evaxvidya and vidyavidya (back in the days of donkeykong)
couple other notable evaxvidya streamers notably saria got tired of his autism and created an offshoot stream

eva in those days took a shine to an underaged stream regular named rachel (standarone was her chat name) and she dumped him cause he was cringey n weird.

i'd be willing to bet he still has the nudes/lewds he got from her in those days

>a slav with a bit too much vodka and time on his hands managed to flesh out a more full game than Eva in far less time

>Gameplay features he just steals from other games.

>when Persona 5 released and he did 2 videos on it and just wouldn't fucking shut up about it
It's Midnight Animal all over again

>steals from good games
>still comes out like a piece of shit

not surprised

that is how they got into space first.
But if it goes beyond that: moon aka AAA they lag a bit behind.

this.
everyone likes to point out his $5k a month patreon, but forgets to add in the $1.5k from the LOWEST CPM from the vids

he's using C#, as seen here

lol i have this on my wishlist. At least this was done in 5-10 months vs the 4 or so years EvaXephon has been trying to make this kind of game. Besides at least it works and it can be improved upon, unlike Yandere Simulator which has barely been worked on and has been proven to be bad coding.

>5k on Patreon

i am still laughing about that still. Their fans are delusional if they ever think this game will be made within the next 5 months or 2 years. Yandere School is at least out and made for 10$.

>Its a knockoff

Yandere Simulator has bad code and crashes a lot, store assets and not even original models, there are even screenshots of him asking people to make models for him for FREE rather than paying for them. This russian guy managed to do it within 6 months and had help with people who modeled for him. Besides It cant be a knockoff if it's better than the real thing.

Is the Ukrainian bootleg really a knockoff if it came out first?

Maybe I'm too forgiving, but I don't understand today's Internet culture in this regard. People seem to like bashing bad movies and video games on no end. I don't get it. Yeah, maybe it wasn't good, but at least the people behind it put effort into something and tried to create something. Something which exists is always better than something which is not.

At least they made something, can have it on their resumes, pat themselves on the shoulder and move on with their lives.

I mean, it's okay to work decades on your home project, but milking people for nothing is outrageous.

Tinybuild is only redoing the code he made and that is it. YandereDev is sitting on his ass with 5k a month right now and with Tinybuild helping out. If that is not jewing in the highest order nothing is.

Then buy the knockoffs and give feedback. Because the chances are Yandere Sim is not going to make it anytime soon or within the next year.

But didn't he said that he would get a whole team at tiny build to work on it while he does the management and game design? Or at least that's what I remember when he first announced the Tiny build thing.

The whole Yandere thing is amazing and entertaining if you look at it as a sort of web series. The misadventures of a young boy who tries to make his dream game a reality.

>I give props for working on a large scale project.

Dude its never coming out. Its been 3 YEARS so far. You are better off waiting for some spinoff game to release.

>Maybe i'm too forgiving

No dude its you who does not understand. If someone is trying to finish do you think he would make videos and cry all the time about random stuff drag on everything. And whine when he is criticized for his bad programming skills which he said was HARD even though it was not? I mean people deserve if if they are performing horribly and lying, nobody should forgive that expect to be forgiven for it.

>At least they made something

Depends on the quality and effort of what is being made. There is none of it here due to Yanderedev firing and hiring people at random. He fired a 3D artist while he was working on it and they had to restart the game over again, he had to have Tinybuild redo the bad code into good code. There is a difference between getting the job done and putting in a terrible job and not adapting.