Is there a good explanation as to why this game is considered to be hot garbage?

Is there a good explanation as to why this game is considered to be hot garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d0E27X3X1HY
youtube.com/watch?v=8-TVQBsQCC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its a cover based stealth game instead of the hidden in a crowd stealth the series is known for because of how retarded disguises work. Also 47 acts completely out of character, every other game he is an amoral sociopath, but in Absolution he is some sort of paternal figure to a little girl and possibly was in love with Diana. It had some decent levels but most of it is a mediocre game.

It betrays everything about the original games and alienates the old fans to expand to a wider audience.
It's awful practice.

The only people who don't like Absolution are a vocal minority of Hitman purists. It sold fantastically, got great reviews, and remains exceptionally popular on Steam.

Different is not bad.

Hitman 2016 is largely based on Hitman: Absolution's gameplay formula. People whine about the gameplay while ignoring that Hitman 2016 has a modified version of Absolution's disguise system, Absolution's combat, Absolution's general movement system, and Absolution's Instinct system toned down.

>stealth game
>press x to kill everything in the room

I hope they make a new IP that plays like Absolution. Point shooting was fun.

>Also 47 acts completely out of character
I still can't believe that 47 actually ripped off his mask when he was being filmed wrestling. Absolutely ridiculous and outright retarded. youtu.be/d0E27X3X1HY

>Also 47 acts completely out of character, every other game he is an amoral sociopath, but in Absolution he is some sort of paternal figure to a little girl and possibly was in love with Diana.
When you compare Absolution to Blood Money, Contracts, and 2016, nothing he does is particularly out of character. Agent 47 and his motivations were always unclear. Absolution doesn't really paint him as a "good" guy so much as someone who refuses to be a pawn.

Hitman has never been a stealth series, per se.If anything, Absolution is the most stealth-oriented game in the series because it offers much more versatile non-lethal options.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist has something similar. DESU, I think a huge part of the hate for Absolution comes from the fact it is designed like a Splinter Cell game.

>hitman has never been stealth
Are you retarded or just trolling?

Hitman isn't really a traditional stealth game. It's social stealth. It's about choosing the correct uniform, not using "stealth skills". In Absolution/2016, you have to do a lot more to stay undetected.

>it's not traditional stealth
>it's a different kind of stealth
Still a stealth game then

What bothered me the most was that couldn't do it comfortably like in Blood Money:
>look around in the unrestricted area you usually start in
>knock out a guard or someone else for a disguise
>scope out the place, looking for approaches to kill your target
>then do it and escape

It's a simple and straight forward. Disguises allow you to really blend in and have a nice look around, even interact with other guests or whatever. You can also swap disguises on the fly and try something else if you can't, say, get into a certain area with your current disguise.

But in Absolution that shit doesn't work. You have to blow half of that fucking meter to walk past one guard and then, when it's gone, you have to stay completely out of sight of the guards or whatever. It turns Hitman from a sandbox assassination game into a generic stealth game.

Not to mention that MANY missions in Absolution are complete and utter dogshit.

>Hitman 2016 is largely based on Hitman: Absolution's gameplay formula.

No.

Yes. Mechanically, they're near-identical in a lot of places. HITMAN is Absolution 1.5

Except its not.

Except it is. Name some meaningful differences.

How about you actually explain whats so similar beyond "its modified Absolution". You're the one with the claim, after all.

its the only hitman game besides blood money thats even remotely fun

>working security detail in some rich person's house
>Pitbull walks by in the same outfit as me
>Isnt that...
>Starts rubbing the back of his head
>Ah forget it

Instincts, the disguise system, the control scheme on PC, the movement system, the cover system, and the weapon handling. All either exactly the same as Absolution or tweaked very slightly. The disguise system has literally one difference to Absolution's.

I'm asking for an explanation on whats similar, not just namedropping "this, that and the other are the same", as that doesnt tell me shit you haven't already said. Actually explain it.

I like the Elusive Target system

Hitman 2016 has Hitman Absolution's Instinct system. Hitman 2016 has the same controls as Absolution. Hitman 2016 has decoupled movement, like Absolution. Hitman 2016 has a cover system that behaves like Absolution's. Hitman 2016's combat is the same as Absolution's, and nothing like any other Hitman game. The disguise system is the same as Absolution's, with a minor change -- NPCs are split into two classes. If you wear a disguise, higher ranked NPCs will see throug the disguise. So a head chef will know you're not a chef. A lead technician will know you're not an engineer. NPCs of the same sub-type as you will be fooled. The disguise system is a tweaked version of Absolution's, and again, nothing like the other games.

Surely it's your responsibility to explain how the direct sequel to Hitman: Absolution isn't like Hitman: Absolution? Generally speaking, games resemble their sequels. They're usually built on top of them.

this

I was actually interested in the game before it came out and thought some of the gameplay changes were fine. when i actually started playing the game was when i had issues. instead of the sandbox design i was used to in previous games, I was mostly fed linear hallways with fucking CHECKPOINTS. When i did get the odd sandbox level, I was treated to hot garbage as far as the disguises were concerned. i coudl still get around fine, but they made the disguise system so retarded that they were mostly worthless.

the biggest thing that pisses me off (and still kinda does with 2016) is that I can't actually swing melee weapons around. choices are:
>carry
>stealth kill
>different stealth kill
>throw
>drop

when do i actually get to swing a fire axe or sword again. I don't understand that.

the first claim was from

Linear levels, no globetrotting, action set pieces, worse disguise system, mark and execute.

the difference is that they took the shit that was almost correct from absolution like the disguise changes, and implemented it correctly into the previous working formula.

The game's a lot more akin to a modern stealth-action title then a Hitman crown-stealth sim and that pissed people off. Judging it as what it was aiming for it's a mediocre but not bad game.

The plot is hot garbage though, and unlike 2016 or Blood Money where it's mostly in the background it's right at the forefront.

>implemented it correctly into the previous working formula.
Which is literally Absolution: More Sandbox. There is no meaningful difference between Absolution's sandbox missions and 2016's.

>Fuckin Low Ki

>Hitman has never been a stealth series

Just fucking die irl, please.

This thread made me sad a little because my father, who died 13 years ago) would always play Hitman 2 silent assassin. He loved it.. and I loved watching him play it. As a 10 year old I didnt understand much of it but I just enjoyed spending that time with him.

Contracts was nice.

What if as part of Season 2 extras, they did a bunch of best-of series level remakes? Which levels from games before Absolution would be good for an overhaul?

>Hitman has never been a stealth series

Pavel?

I hope they get that actor for a future Elusive Target, though I guess it'd be hard to measure up to Gary Busey's contract.

>Dr. Pavel

He was soft ever since Hitman 2. And he only cared for the girl because it was Diana's last wish and he wrongfully was sent to kill her.

All of Hitman 2 is spent killing people so you can save a priest who is your best friend

This. Absolution is a literal 5/5. And it had some of the best graphics at the time of release.

But once again because it was popular, well received, and left the stiff, rigid controls of previous installments Sup Forums doesn't like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8-TVQBsQCC4

if this beta manchild wants to go play the shitty controls of the previous installments then go do it.
he spent half the video bitching about the tutorial and the other half about the updated controls and discernible story.