Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jqVeMghBcqs?t=287
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone translate the title?

>heisei faggotry
no, thank you

>Kamen Rider Climax Fighters

>Let's hope for a different outcome.

Did they introduce a new Rider after Ex-Aid?

Why do people like Showa. It's not as if though I hate Showa, there's just legitimately nothing interesting that it can offer me.
I just can't sit down and watch 50 episodes of extremely formulaic and objectively bad acting and writing with little to no hook besides "hey im watching old thing this is neat i am so patrician". I'm not enough of a masochist to subject myself to that and I don't care enough about the opinions of others online to try and gain their approval by pretending that I think Showa Rider is in any way actually better than any Heisei.

you're not supposed to watch tokusatsu as a grown man

people who like showa are spics who grew up watching Kamen Rider Black and other old toku

another thing is that we see Hensei faggotry and laugh of how ridiculous it is, but Showa have manly heroes doing manly shit

Heisei *

His show aired yesterday.

That suit is stylish as fuck. Getting serious W vibes.

see ?

look at those faggots, who the fuck needs a hero that looks like a little girl

now look at this motherfucker, this is a proper hero

People watch Showa Riders more to respect the legacy than anything. Kamen Rider is a big deal, and practically every Rider since pays homage to Ichigo.

fuck, forgot the pic

Great, more shovelware.
I honestly wish that whoever the fuck owns the rights to these things would just pick a single past rider, hire a good dev, and put out a game that isn't musou or outright trash.

I just hope since we got Climax Heroes this year we'll be getting Battride War the next one, that way they can do a Generations --> Climax Heroes --> Battride War setup each year. The Battride War games get better each iteration so eventually we'll have something that isn't just really grindy.

You have the Agito game for that. It plays like Onimusha and is pretty fun but really clunky at the same time. Plus the Generations games are perfectly acceptable 2D beat 'em ups so I have no idea why you have a problem with them.

Why does it matter? The games are usually mediocre, and they will never come to the west.

did he just casted his suit out of plastic?

I thought this was going to be another entry in the Climax Heroes franchise but that one second of gameplay seems to prove me otherwise.

Man, I need to catch up, I dropped Kamen Rider with Wizard.

That's a kickass suit but the transformation sequence is pretty lame.

It's basically Climax Heroes but more Dissidia style. It's still a fighter by the looks of it.

Saban really fucked up the Masked (Kamen) Rider show.

All the family bullshit ruined it. Without that it could have gone on as long as Power Rangers.

Saban should try again.

Is there any Kamen Rider or Kamen Rider inspired game that is good, and isn't a fighting game?
I got into the show only a few years ago so I missed out on all the games, and I don't really olay fighting games

The only Agito game I remember was like 15 years ago and those DS beatemups are mediocre at the very best.
He's right in the sense that pretty much all rider games are bad to mediocre it's just a shame considering each individual rider could make a game with interesting mechanics.
But instead they'd rather just throw out shallow fanservice crossover games because they know kids don't care about quality and adult fans don't care about game quality as long as the attacks and sound are show accurate.

Bamco could probably do it if they wanted to but they probably don't see the profitability in doing it considering that the target is mainly kids.

Chroma Squad is sentai based and plays sort of like Disgaea.
As other people have said, most KR games aren't exactly good, some of the beat em ups are okay, but I'm pretty sure they're all on older handhelds if you can tolerate that.
The phone games are also ass from what I've played.
I think Viewtiful Joe was supposed to be based of rider/toku and those are pretty fun.

>kamen raider kurimax fightarz

>considering each individual rider could make a game with interesting mechanics.
But we have had individual games like Mighty Action X and the Ghost 3DS game. We also had Traveler's Senki which only had a handful of Riders and it was an RPG. They just don't make enough from these games to justify a big budget, Sentai for example hasn't had a good game since the Famicom days. We could argue the PS1 games I guess but Power Rangers has had far better beat 'em up games more often. Either way the Rider Generations games are fine, if you're actually going to call anything mediocre or bad when it comes to the beat 'em ups look no further than Kyoryuger and Go-Busters, those are the definition of terrible.

At the end of the day people want fanservice first and foremost, the game comes after, and even with that in mind Battride War has most definitely improved from the first and second games. For crying out loud you couldn't even dodge cancel in 1.

>The phone games are also ass from what I've played.
They're all Gacha cash grabs that require you to grind like crazy. Sentai has this one that you had to be playing for hours each day as a free player just to do the events even if you had a great team simply because the currency for the events was locked just to that event and didn't roll over if your grinded previous events. They also all play themselves to boot so the only thing you really do is just manage what's happening occasionally.

>The suits don't interwine during the transformation

>All the family bullshit ruined it. Without that it could have gone on as long as Power Rangers.
The fact that they made their adaptation four years after the fact didn't help. Unlike MMPR, where they still had the Zyuranger costumes fresh to use, most of the RX props were long gone by the time the American version was made.
>Saban should try again.
Didn't Saban trademark the name "Power Rider" around the time they started airing Power Rangers Samurai? What happened to that shit?

Which series is your favorite? Which is your least favorite?

Why did they wait for their actual video game themed season to be over before announcing this?

fatty

Gaim, Drive and Ex-Aid are worth watching.
Ghost... Not so much.

What show is this? I looked over the KR Wiki and couldn't find this guy. Is it even KR? He looks cool.

Don't you ever disrespect Sagata Sanshiro.

so a rider version of dissidia/gundam versus?

It's actually a Cooking Mama x Kamen Rider crossover à la Mario + Rabbids, Kamen Rider CurryMax Fight Her, the "Her" referring to Mama.

Tie between Fourze and Blade
Ghost

>Blade
God-tier taste

Cool suit, that fucking transformation tho.
What the fuck were they thinking?

>Which series is your favorite?
Kuuga or Agito

>Which is your least favorite?
Wizard because it should have been good but just wasn't

haven't paid any attention to KR in the last 2 or so years, does Blade have real subs yet? How's everything past Gaim been?

Holy shit, new Climax Heroes?

He's not even Japanese, he's from Armor Heroes, IIRC.

fave: Agito, not the best but i like it

least: Wizard, not the worst but bores me

Blade has good subs now, look up Turn-Up Scrubs. Drive was okay, Ghost was garbage, Ex-Aid was surprisingly excellent. I say "surprisingly" because I hated the suit design, the initial premise as well as the MC's personality and monster design in the first act of the show. Thankfully everything starts falling into place and becomes really fucking good after the Christmas Special.

Thanks, I found him. He's from Armor Heroes Lava. I'll do some more research later.

I want to get into Kamen Rider, usually I do things in production order but KR has no full subs for older shows right? If I'm breaking my production order rule where do I start? What do I avoid?

Broke it before for Super Sentai, I've only watched Shinkenger and it was amazing

kamen rider is stupid.

pick whatever looks cool

typical first time recommendations are W ("classic" rider done well) or Kabuto (full spectrum of what kamen rider has to offer)

Where do I get Kamen Rider shows?

from the gameplay at the end this seems like it will just be another j-stars clone, japan seems to be fond of these recently

/m/ has a KR general up and the OP always has a list of what's subbed, what's good and links to download

Go read the first post of the Kamen Rider general on it has all the relevant information.

It looks like a shitty Dissidia knockoff from that brief clip at the end.

Agito is probably the most well rounded show to start with. Can be both light hearted and serious at times, and also covers 3 different types of Kamen Riders in one show.

>They just don't make enough from these games to justify a big budget
>At the end of the day people want fanservice first and foremost, the game comes after

This is exactly the problem and it's something to legitimately complain about.

Fanservice is fine and all, but it feels cheap, at least to me, when it's attached to a game that's not great or even good, and there's no reason people can't demand both fanservice and quality in a game that has to do with a beloved franchise.
Even barring the fanservice argument, a single season of rider hasn't had its own home console game since Kabuto nearly 10 years ago, any data they have on that kind of release would be outdated because they haven't tried in forever, they likely transitioned to handheld just for lower dev costs.
I bet if they had committed to making some sort of W game 3/4 of the way through the show and gave it 2-3 years for development, they could have still made a decent profit due to the overall popularity of the show at the time.
The reason most individual sentai teams and individual riders get shit games is because the development cycle is deathly short thanks to these shows essentially expiring within a year of their first tv air date, from that point on they can only exist in crossover games.
They really should make it a side project to develop higher quality standalone games for certain riders, especially now that it's easier than ever to gauge popularity and receive feedback.

Only watch the movies.
The tv series are all significantly lower budget.

Kuuga is my favorite
Gaim is my least favorite.

>they could have still made a decent profit due to the overall popularity of the show at the time.
The problem with this is that the series is ever changing each year. You'll get the kids from the year it aired and the adults that watched, but the new kids are going to be watching OOO or Fourze or Wizard not caring about W. By locking yourself to one Rider and having multiple year dev times with a decent amount of money invested into it you are already limiting yourself to a smaller audience than a game with tons of Riders or a game made in a single year. This is not to mention that you're taking a massive risk on the series in the first place. Imagine if they did what you asked for something like Ghost or Kiva. Wait two to three years after it ended to release their game when the shows themselves are met with very mixed reactions.

Obviously I would love for us to get proper games and I would love for there to be balance and proper playtesting instead of rushing out shovelware like Summonride or the Sentai games released in the last decade, but the reality is that the audience isn't there to justify the high cost. At this point the most realistic option is to either pull whatever strings they pulled for Agito x Kamen Rider to happen all those years ago since that game is great, or continue these iterations on the same kind of game as we've seen with Generations into Rider Revolution or Battride War into Battride War Genesis where they add to the roster, balance it, add more maps, fix bugs, fix problems people complained about, and flesh things out.

Another thing to keep in mind was that Kabuto and Hibiki were Climax Heroes games. Dragon Knight as well, they just weren't titled it. Climax Heroes OOO and Fourze even have the same arena battles like this:
youtu.be/jqVeMghBcqs?t=287

>Fave
Gaim & W
>Hate
Ghost

I legitimately enjoyed Black, RX, Stronger and the first half of Super 1. But mostly because of it's old japan atmosphere, it's so welcoming and the simple power ups they get are great. Not to mention the civilian MCs are GAR as fuck.

>Fave
Gaim, Kabuto
>Hate
Ghost

Real talk, the best Kamen Riders are riders made with technology.

Humanity winning thanks to their own technology and no magic is the best.

So guys, will it be a notDissidia or notEoH

That's why if bigger budget games are to be made, that they be selective in which get them, the risk is minimized if the assessment is made near the end of a show's yearly lifecycle.
Both Kiva and especially Ghost were dead in the water before the 3/4 mark of their runs and the cost to develop a decent game runs nowhere near the amount that bandai makes off Rider/Sentai toy sales each year.
Combine TV viewership ratings with bandai's quarterly fiscal reports and it's entirely possible to make a reliable prediction about any given season's popularity.
But regardless, it's true that they'd never take the chance.
That being said, I personally don't agree with games built purely on fanservice, even if they do eventually become something decent there's no telling how long it would take, Neptunia took almost 6 years and 12 games to reach decency at meganep and now you can't just jump in without wading through the lackluster mainline games, and fanservice games like the rider games are what let Koei continue to make bank on cheap licensed musou games every year or 2, I just see it as bad practice.

>and now you can't just jump in without wading through the lackluster mainline games
You can though. But back to rider topic, theres no reliable way of makng a high budget game focused on single rider whose show is ongoing, you run the risk of releasing the game early in the shows life where it can still be used to market the season, but the game has little to no material to work with, release it later when there is material and its too late because marketing already shifted into shilling the next Rider
You also cant make a high budget game multiple seasons for one simple reason, you cant get all actors back to reprise their roles, its already a miracle we can get Faiz or Blade in specials and movies

fave drive
hate kabuto

>that they be selective in which get them, the risk is minimized if the assessment is made near the end of a show's yearly lifecycle.
The problem with this idea is that you're going to be potentially releasing it two to three years after the show ends when the hype is at its lowest. Let's use something like Drive as an example, if I were to start production on a game for Drive exclusively at 3/4ths of its run through and it finished two or three years later it would be out in the middle of Ex-Aid or even Build's run. At that point your fanbase looking forward to the game is pretty much only adults, you have no hype, and have put a ton of money into a game you don't even know if a lot of kids will buy due to them either growing up with another Rider or thinking they're too old for Rider and you're busy throwing all your money advertising the current Rider of that year.
Another problem is what are you going to base this game on? Is it going to follow from the show? Is it going to follow from the movie? Is it just going to be its own self-contained world separated from the show? How much are you allowed to deviate from the show?

While you may dislike pandering fanservice it's the best way to get this kind of a series to survive. You can have multiple generations of kids and adults buy the game because they recognize the Riders instead of a really small subset.

So is this new game a fighter or what?

Showa Riders were shows for kids, and I recognize the heisei riders are superior in actual plot.

But I can't fucking STAND all the transformation bullshit for the sake of selling toys. It's specially annoying when the base form is actually aesthetic as fuck on its own and doesn't need any upgrade (Agito, Blade, Kabuto, Faiz)

Favorite: Kabuto, W, Faiz
Hate: Wizard

OT subs for Build are up on anidex by the way.

What the fuck
It could have been perfectly fine if it was a generic transformation with just the thing at the end.
Damn

It'll get more generic over the course of the show, this stuff is always over the top the first few times it's done.

>>Fave
Gaim, Kuuga, Ex-Aid, W, Black, V3

>>Worst
Ghost, Wizard, Kiva, Kabuto, Decade, Faiz, Ryuki

Just how bad is Ghost? Is it worse than Wizard? Should I skip it and go straight for Ex-Aid?

It gets boring really fast and drags on, there are no actual stakes at all in the show. It's not worse than Wizard simply due to the merit that it doesn't last 51 episodes

I thought Ghost was worse than Wizard
Skip to Ex-Aid

Were there Ghost movies? Are they shit too?

>Ryuki in Worst

Explain yourself

It's a shitty Fate/Stay Night clone.

>not wanting your riders T H I C C

That's what Metal Heroes are for

>Fate/Stay Night
>2004
>Ryuki
>2002
Also without Ryuki, Gaim and too an extent Exaid wouldn't exist.

and Meguka

Do you really think masterpiece such as Fate could be made in a mere 2 years? Not to mention it was an indie developer/writer. Nasu must have had the idea since before 2002. Meanwhile Kamen Rider is an annually series which script is made as the show goes on.

I really don't care about Fate at all, I'm just saying Ryuki didn't copy it and Ryuuki had a strong influence on the series you said you like
if that's also (you)

Which series should I watch if I want to get into Kamen Rider?
I already checked out the guide you can find online, but I would like Sup Forumss opinion.
I have started watching Ichigo, and found it much more enjoyable to watch with friends, and also saw the first season of Amazons because the concept intrigued me.

Mexicans keep telling me to watch Kuuga first, but it's such a slog I couldn't stick with it

W

Subs just came out for the first episode of Build if you want to gamble on the currently airing show being good

den-o/w/fourze/drive

battle royale riders are for when you've seen enough

Black is a pretty good starting point, but it has an awful reputation online. From what I understand, it's quite popular among niggers, which I find to be really funny.

What's the DCD of vidya?

Kuuga is comfy

this is pasta, stop replying

Midnight Diner is comfy.
Samurai Gourmet is comfy.

Kuuga is not comfy.

So is this another battride war or one of those nasty-ass 3D fighters that nobody with taste likes

I'll get it either way for my boy ex-aid but still

Blade, Ghost

only seen a bit of Black, Kuuga, Blade, a bit of Den-O (the guys subbing it disappeared off the face of the earth and I'm not about to go to TV-N) and W onwards. Dropped Ghost around when he got infinity because fuck that show.

favorites
Kuuga, Agito and Ryuki

least favorite
Kabuto

from what i've seen atleast