Did you play vidya with you dad when you were a little kid Sup Forums?

Did you play vidya with you dad when you were a little kid Sup Forums?

My dad liked nascar so I had him play f-zero gx one time. He yelled when he went forward and didn't know how to turn so he kept crashing into walls.

I doubt any of you have even heard of this game before, but my dad and myself used to play this shit all the time.

No, he was in jail.

sorry to hear that user

My dad was the one that got me into gaming.
I remember sitting on his lap playing Heretic when I was 4.
Hell, I still play games like CoD 4 with him nowadays.

Sure thing, I still do whenever I come over. Also my mum used to be a hardened Unreal Tournament player

No.
My dad tried Gran Turismo, that's pretty much it.
I remember sawing him playing Shuffle Puck Cafe and pinball on CPC, today he plays solitary and some shit like that on PC.

Vidyas aren't his thing.

We didn't play multiplayer, but we'd often watch each other play singleplayer. Prominent in my memory are Command & Conquer, Medal of Honor, and Ace Combat 04. I was the one to defeat Megalith in our 04 runs every time. I always thought he was just letting me be the hero, but he let slip a few years ago that he legitimately could not beat it.

We'd play Mario Kart and Starfox together. Recently I bought Starfox Zero cheaply so we could play it again, this time with my younger brother.

no we played hide the pinkie instead

I really only played with my brother. My dad like strategy games and tends to lean to single player. If it's not a tabletop game we bullshit about FTL and trash talk whenever one of us dethrones the others high score.

my dad got me into games
when I was about 4-6, me and my sister would sit next to him in the evenings and watch him play Command and Conquer Red Alert

he was the reason I was using DOS at such a young age, and why I'm mainly a PC gamer now

Me and my dad used to play a lot of Mario Kart and Starfox too. We hated the map with all the debris in it... I think I'm gonna kill myself... Thanks user for reminding me of happier times!

my dad played the gamecube WWE games with me
and wii
always accused me of cheating

He played Mario and Gradius. That sums up his entire gaming with me when I was a kid. During highschool I bought a wheel and played Gran Turismo 5 which he played quite a bit of. All he does now is play shitty mobile games

yeah, he got me into vydea. First with kids stuff like putt putt and fatty bear. When i was like 10 he got me hooked up with Red Alert. He was a good father and had patrician taste. Hope i get to keep him around for at least 50 more years

No problem, mate. You mean Z, right?

No, unfortunately my father was an alcoholic so he never really spent time with me. At least he never bitched about me playing the games like my mom would.

lol this is great dude, take this

Yeah we used to always get co-op games and team up.
Though he'd always get annoyed that I had zero strategic mind, and would always rush in, kill everything, and gobble up the health packs.
We'd also occasionally backseat drive on rts games.
>Waste hours on the Red Alert on that one mission chasing down a single spy/traitor
>Catch the fucker
>Cutscene of him getting executed by firing squad
>Start celebrating
>Dad just sits there looking kinda sad
>"But dad....we won"
>"Son how would you feel dying in a country across the world. Your family probably never knowing what happened to you...."
Ruined the mood. Then I went into sand box and just stacked as many guys on the screen as I could and watched them tear into eachother.

Never knew my dad so no, though my aunt and mom played Paper Boy, Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing

Me and my dad used to take turns playing Ace Combat 4.
I miss him.

Yeah, he barely know how to open up word but he played some games with me (Winning Eleven on the PSX, Street Fighter II on emulator, pic related mame32 game, Fight Night round 2 on PS2 and Mortal Kombat Armageddon on PS2)
Single-player he was a big fan of pacman and of Alien 3 for the sega genesis

nigger detected

No, but he would watch me play Red Alert sometimes. He only did this because he hated communists so much that seeing them die in pixel form brought him great joy. I had to replay the last mission for him 8 times just because he wanted to see the scene where Stalin gets buried under a pile of rubble over and over again.

played mostly flight sims with him
this one has most of my memories, because i've learned basic piloting stuff with him. That got me hooked on planes