Todd "Little Lies" Howard said the "tech doesn't exist yet" for Elder Scrolls 6

Todd "Little Lies" Howard said the "tech doesn't exist yet" for Elder Scrolls 6.

What does Sup Forums think they're planning?

Probably the first Elder Scrolls that features more than one zone or travel between realms.

Instead of just Cyrodil, Morrowind, Skyrim etc, it will probably combine them all or combine a few of them. (such as Hammerfell and Black marsh)
Then they can advertise how huge their world is etc.

Full immersion VR that includes sex ootb but in order to cum you have to pay $19.99.

It's obviously Skyrim on some new platform that doesn't exist yet.

The tech for the already exists though. Huge open worlds aren't really a problem anymore. Especially since you know there won't be open cities. Which is fine.

>Huge open worlds aren't really a problem anymore
They are if you're using a bethesda engine.

An Elder Scrolls game built on a series of quick time events, 4 dialogue options that all do the same thing, and a fully voiced protagonist starring Todd himself. Created by a partnership of Bethesda and Telltale games, and will be sold in 3 hour "episodes for $10 each.

Reminder that they literally own idtech 6.

>Huge open worlds aren't really a problem anymor
Huge open worlds that aren't a chore to navigate through is still a problem.

Guy who uses his gps to get to work detected.

If todd scraps fast travel (which he wont) then he's forced to design the world to be intuitive and nice to explore and get through.
Otherwise we get a trudge of disjointed """"""""""""""""""""cities"""""""""""""""""".

Ladders

Gameplay that isn't ass

Real life travelling is about getting through a whole lot of nothing. If you had to walk everywhere it could take you the entire afternoon to get from one town to the next. That's why open world games are theme park sized.

He meant the Creation Club, which wasn't finalised at that time. They'll start designing TES6 around it soon.

Sure and I think it's a really good engine and all, but it probably can't do open world. None of the id engines have ever been particularly good at it.

>finally reach the end of your long and perilous journey through the swamp and arrive at the gates of the city
>the guard outside greats you with a tale of his adventuring days when his voice breaks and he bids you enter the town
>you crack open the great gates and are taken aback as you find naught but a sign saying "lovexmiku's town interiors: $6"

When does the mod finishing the creation club come out???

Truly a tale for the ages, lads. Todd is Godd.

A massive space exploration game where planets are modified heads on an old character model and it runs around a "universe" to simulate gravitational fields, paths, etc, and it all just works.

Yeah there aren't any new consoles to port Skyrim to as a pre-order bonus.

Busy making paid mods.

They are planning on dragging out Elder Scrolls Online for every penny it is worth before moving on.

Skyrim on smartphones needs to happen before too.

Makes sense to me. Mods add additional content to the game, so naturally people must pay for them.

Should I buy Fallout 4 or Skyrim: Remastered?

The kid hopes it'll be a new engine but the adult knows they are figuring out how to milk the most out of it.

Exactly. The problem would be not with the tech but with developing a shit-ton of content so that the world would not seem empty.

The kid just made this post, but the adult pointed it out.

Remastered if you haven't played Skyrim.
Original has more mods and slightly better mod support though while remaster has better stability.

He means they're still working hard on upgrading their frankenstein engine, removing bugs and increasing graphic quality.

>probably can't do open world.
Rage
>particularly good
No, it wasn't good.

Wait a sec... Don't I know you sir?

Dont give Todd money for releasing the same game twice.

They want paid mods to take off first. They want to hold TES6 hostage until you love paying for mods.

Almost TWENTY (20) whole NPCs PER TOWN, each with a whopping THREE (3) lines of idle dialogue!

>tech doesn't exist yet
Sounds like bullshit to me.

Anyway, if I was optimistic I'd say he's talking about procedural generation of cities, npcs and quests that is actually good or a realistic motivation-based ai we were supposed to get in Oblivion. Come to think about no one came close to implementing anything like what he promised more than ten years ago.

Those walking tree cities from Valenwood without their engine shitting the bed every 2 seconds.

A game fully made from scratch by modders sold by bethesda

>What does Sup Forums think they're planning?
To optimize even less than they usually do and just let people buy more HW to compensate.

He means the creative team still haven't completely fallen in line with the executives. They obviously haven't been completely crushed into submission and still occasionally come up with ideas that aren't 'follow the leader, check all the boxes, job done.'

Five ways to say yes instead of four.

Two voice actors for every race!

He meant the tech that would monetize mods even harder.
First off you will need to buy creation tool separately.
You won't install any mods without creation club
You always will need constant online connection so they would track your mods and if they legal or not.
There will be no more mods as they used to be, mod frm then on will be only something that would be created under Bethesda monitoring and given their approval.
Popularity of TES sries will rise yet again, but not because o mods but because there will be more dumb kids to pay for it and it's mods.
Old Modding community of TES will slowly fade.
There will remain only people who work on the old games of the series not new one.

Financially, the future of Bethesda is bright but in terms of player's freedom TES series will no longer be good.
Just a product with brand name slapped on it.

Facial recognition is getting better, right? They should be able to choose protagonist's response in dialog based on the player's facial expression.

There is no hardware advanced enough yet to render all the mountains that you can climb

AN ENGINE TO SURPASS GAMEBRYO

They still use a modified fucking Gamebryo engine, the tech has existed for over a decade now bethesda just refuse to use it for some retarded reason.

Not even bothering to optimize anymore.

>Facial recognition is getting better, right?

No, it's getting worse. Of course it's getting better, you imbecile.

Well there is, actually. Space Engine can render entire planets.

delete this

The problem with space engine is rendering more complicated environments.

the tech for skyrim didn't exist but you forcefed us that shit anyway. ok, todd

BDO does it well and it isn't theme park sized is it ?

Whatever it is I just know it will be awesome!

So why is there Eno competitor to these jewish practices by now ?

Is it their shitty engine that is so mod friendly ?

They need the best graphics the game industry can offer, so Todd Howard can finally make the Black Marsh game with realistic Argonian boobs.

>tfw they waiting for tech to catch up so they could make a Lusty Argonian Maid mini-game

He needs the technology to simultaneously release the game and three years of remasters through procedural texture remapping.

Even bettter.
>tfw they waiting for tech to catch up so they could make a Lusty Argonian Brothel side quest

Elder Scrolls 6 will be released as a collection of modular components and they'll leave it up to the community to construct an engine to run them all.

no stop

What's the matter user? You're not ready for some Black Marsh action?

Radiant horseshit AI.

More like this please. I want to see more races worshiping Nord cock.

Guys, please buy REDGUARD

S P E A R S

Some new way to gouge consumers no doubt. I doubt it's anything to do with gameplay or graphics.

Excuse me, did I give you permission to bully?

I enjoyed fallout 4 a lot. If on PC, there are plenty of quality of life mods that smooth the game out a lot without ruining the vanilla experience.

>smile at a funny, unrelated thought
>GLASSHIM.EXE

I can feel it,m8.

>"tech doesn't exist yet"

most likely it means:
>people knowing how our engine works are not working for us anymore and we currently have problem finding cheap subcontractor to do the work so the mid term strategy is releasing re-textured gamed as remakes

they're making a GoT game. it was leaked on the target website

Confirmed a hoax buddybear.

high tech stuff like boats and carriages
you know, things other games have had for decades

They want to do Tamriel, the entire continent at 'lore scale' and lifelike scope+fidelity. This requires better AI-directed procedural generation, not just of maps (placement of premade assets), but of the assets themselves (not just audiovisual but also generative stories).

This is something all the top dev studios have had on a backburner for a decade or more, including Bethsoft/Id and Valve who have been collaborating somewhat. It's just not quite there yet. It is tied to the 'next-gen' unlimited detail octree voxel engines that have been slowly kicking around for the same amount of time. This is the reason Valve and others have been so active in pushing API standards towards unified compute+graphics.

IDtech 6 was supposed to more prominently feature voxel graphics,but ultimately/so-far only uses the tech behind-the-scenes for lighting. Source 2 probably has it in some similar capacity, not fully featured. Euclideons game engine was supposed to be fully released with a few games by 2016 but went silent again, supposedly pivoting to focus on AR for their entertainment implementation.

They know that it's not something they can get away with working towards incrementally over multiple productions (see: No Mans Sky). It won't be compelling until all the pieces work well both alone and then also together. Valve internally wavering on whether or not they can ship something focused just on 'AI director' narrative-generation is a major reason for the long delay of their major flagship franchises.

That's because he doesn't know how to optimize his code. If you know how to code good, you can make anything. Seriously!

1) Code good
2) Good graphics
3) ?????
4) PROFIT

It's not that fucking hard, Todd!

Maybe procedural voice generation so they don't have to hire voice actors and can have more than 2 lines for each NPC.

>Bethsoft/Id and Valve who have been collaborating somewhat

You need to tone down your bait.

It's not like they're going to make a co-produced product, their engine techs are just in somewhat closer contact with each other than they are with other companies, sharing advancements with each other some months or years before they would be inevitably bound for open publication anyway. Bethsoft was lending insight on Valves forthcoming RPG project, and Paid Mods was their partnership.

A horribly unoptimized game that anyone else could've made on five year old hardware but will run at 20fps on five years newer hardware

here

TES6 voiced by vocaloids I'd buy it

Source on any of that?

Elder Scrolls VRMMO, with a little secret, if you die in the game you die in real life

Just a new engine probably. They need it really. Although, the buggy engine is have the charm of the game. Watching it fuck up in various hilarious ways is prime entertainment.

by tech he means people buying the creation club shit. once it proves to be a booming success, Elder Scrolls 6 will be built around it.

Unless they go off continent they'd be fucked come TES VII, it'd be weird to have that and the MMO both featuring the whole thing at once simultaneously too. I can see them doing a combo of Valenwood and Elsweyr though.

>rage
wasn't good
in fact it was practically a disaster

If you die in the game when you respawn you find yourself in Skyrim and you need to buy TES6 again because the copy you had magically transformed into TES5

You can climb ladders

Morrowind did fast traveling right