Sonic Mania

>never ran out of lives
>never drowned
>never a time over
>max deaths during a boss is 3, most 0
>beaten in 4 hours including eating, shitting, unpacking groceries, and special stages
This game is too easy. I can't even blame the developers because they're just making a game for the 90% of all gamers who are drooling fucking retards.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/1j2hqu6bv5gv6ks/Sonic Mania (2017-08-29)(Christian Whitehead)(Headcannon)(PagodaWest Games)(SEGA).7z?dl=0
mega.nz/#!a4dFybyD!aUFh0hbB8tudNtXwuAqebQz31LruCjHuIFqCFuEKk0E
youtu.be/W7gDrjsKDFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was fun

>oh wait i need to complain about something because im a loser who actually just enjoys bitching and not fun games

You are SUPER GAMER!
May I have a link to your superplays channel?

The only marginally challenging part of the game are the special stages.

This game's difficulty doesn't change how fucking shitty this game is. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to do my 15th playthrough.

Sonic was never hard.

You played an beat every sonic game prior to this one.
you have gained some kind of proficiency in playing sonic games.
It's like people saying Dark souls 3 was easier than Demon's souls. Well yeah it seems easier. Because you have played several games like it over the course of your life and became adept at it.
go back and play the old sonic games and you won't ever run out of lives, drown, or time over besides act 2 of the pyramid. fuck that level. it's just bad..

I agree the game is easy & I only died 3 times while getting 100% but this didn't hinder my enjoyment of the game. That being said we seem to be the minority on this, OP, plenty of people are getting Game Overs on this game shockingly.

The game is way too easy, but for some reason it's getting a reputation of being bullshit hard, especially the bosses.

Some limp wristed faggot on Sonic Retro cried for several post about the Puyo Puyo boss being too fucking hard.

It doesn't shock me. It just sucks. I glanced over my sister playing it and she's been losing like crazy. It makes me upset because the majority gamer is the reason games are never truly challenging anymore. The last time I felt challenged in a game was unironically Undertale genocide run.

>easy = bad, hard = good
This is the dumbest shit you fags believe

>Some limp wristed faggot on Sonic Retro cried for several post about the Puyo Puyo boss being too fucking hard.
I'm like super fucking horrible at Puyo Puyo, I couldn't get past like level 3 in Mean Bean Machine but that boss is so piss-easy, Robotnik pretty much kills himself & barely ever messes with you on it. You sure as hell don't even need to rely on combos so I don't get the struggle here.

>Puyo Puyo boss being too fucking hard.
what
You can literally not even go for even a two chain and Robotnik will just off himself.

Fucking how?
the boss lets you fucking win if you don't stack a straight line tower and make one or two matches the boss is defeated.
The game even gives you the ability to play PuyoPuyo as a side mode so people can play it if they wanted too.

I mean, it's a Sonic game. I finished the game with over 34 lives on my first playthrough and I ain't complaining. It's only easy for me because I played all of the other Sonic games literally hundreds of times over the past 25 years. I've seen other people get game overs at the Chemical Plant zone.

>besides act 2 of the pyramid. fuck that level. it's just bad..
No, you see, fuck that. First off, it's easy as fuck to not get hit by a ghost. Secondly, everyone I see play this is just paranoid hopping between light switches and not even playing the level half the time.

This is the power of autism I presume.

Just remember guys. Arin "MY PUSSAY" Hanson played this part and didn't lose *once*

Huh. I didn't even know it was possible to lose at the Chemical Plant act 2 boss. Guess I learned something today.

Casuals find a way.

It's not possible to lose to CPZ2's boss unless you kill yourself.

>Breeze through the game
>Oil Ocean boss
>Lose 17 lives against it because I keep dying on or under the platforms
>Beat it
>Keep on breezing through the game
>Final boss in the first try

Well that was something

I have a friend who lost at it. He also confided in me that he only ever played Sonic 3 & Knuckles as a kid with a Game Genie locked on.

Anybody got FLAC rips of the soundtrack yet? Everywhere I see a possible lead it's gone.

Man FUCK Oil Ocean Zone, lowest point of the game. It's like the game is cut clean in half with OOZ right in the middle to fuck with people.

This reminds me:
Has anyone watched Jaltoid's playthrough? The guy loses even using debug mode while playing as tails. Hilarious and infuriating at the same timw.

to be fair if the stars actually aligned and eggman got a 4 chain it would be believable

There isn't going to be one for a bit probably, the best you're getting are the OGGs ripped from the game:
dropbox.com/s/1j2hqu6bv5gv6ks/Sonic Mania (2017-08-29)(Christian Whitehead)(Headcannon)(PagodaWest Games)(SEGA).7z?dl=0

There's also this MP3 one I found on ffshrine:
mega.nz/#!a4dFybyD!aUFh0hbB8tudNtXwuAqebQz31LruCjHuIFqCFuEKk0E

>Ogg Vorbis
Recorded via sound test or data mined?

Still waiting for denuvo crack so I can play offline. I'd just have bought it if it didn't have denuvo, what a shame

youtu.be/W7gDrjsKDFo

I enjoyed the level itself quite a lot desu, it's just that fucking boss. Was the platform thing intentional or is just a big glitch that they didn't fix?

Shhh OP, you'll upset the casuals who couldn't beat it and they'll get mad and say you just want to stroke your ego.

Sonic was never difficult, aside from Game Gear 2.

play it without tails you casual

Datamined.

>go back and play the old sonic games and you won't ever run out of lives, drown, or time over
But I only played Sonic 2 for the first time about two months ago and I got a game over in Oil Ocean.

The always online has been patched already.

That was bullshit, I still don't understand how the hang-glider works.

>The FoV on the ant lion

>Some limp wristed faggot on Sonic Retro cried for several post about the Puyo Puyo boss being too fucking hard.

I ran out of continues on the final boss in Sonic 2.

Did you ever consider that you're just too old for Sonic?

That boss gets a lot of people, I know someone who's been playing Sonic 2 for years & still hasn't beaten it. It amazes me so much.

This game was made for the very autistic adults who grew up with Sonic.

Why? Why do so many people have trouble with Oil Ocean of all zones? I don't get it

I don't think it's really about the overall difficulty, OP. Have you considered?

it's about the replayability, the mastering of the game, the comfort it provides when playing... Whenever you're feeling relax'd you can crack open Mania again instead of going for that adventure game that you have to invest an hour or two in to really make any kind of progress in.

I'm like this with Metal Slug 3... or donkey kong country. Whenever i just wanna play a game I crack those open. Probably gonna do the same with Mania.

>wtf sudden gameplay changes are bullshit

So how does he feel about the bonus/special stages throughout the series?

its definitely way easier then any classic sonic game. its funny to because tons of normies were whining about how there shouldnt be a life system and that they should have as many tries as they want against bosses.

no you see you can't spin dash in the oil

Those are literally 100% optional

>instead of going for that adventure game that you have to invest an hour or two in to really make any kind of progress in.
Why are you implying i don't just chill out on stage select?

In my case it was because I died three times to areas with bugged collision that instant kills you if you land there even though nothing about it should, more than anything else in the zone being particularly difficult.
But that I didn't have a big stockpile of extra lives at that point in itself speaks to the difference in difficulty.

Got a screenshot of that bug? I'm interested in what to avoid on my 7th playthrough.

I think I saw it happen tonight, actually. Friend was playing and had never seen puyo before; he was doing okay and Eggman was killing himself, then suddenly Eggman just about cleared the board with a combo and won.

What a retarded comparison. Metal Slug 3 is a game that would take anyone a great deal of practice to be able to beat it.

i was actually shocked because i kept hearing about how hard it was but i found it pretty easy
i only game over'd once because of hydrocity zone. i got crushed near the end of act 1 three times, drowned twice (I was waiting in front of the air bubble generators but I drowned twice because it took over 5 seconds for them to generate air bubbles) and died twice against the first phase of the act 2 boss.
although i've refought it since then and won easily, so maybe i was just bad from inexperience

I wasn't taking any screenshots or videos at the time and it'd take me a while to get there again. Unless anyone knows if the Steam version lets you start off from each stage like 3&K does?

Haha, yeah. It's my proudest vidya-accomplishment.

WHERE'S
THE
FUCKING
TORRENT

You're just bad.

After you beat the game you can select what zone you want to go to, also if you unlock Debug Mode and hold 2 specific buttons depending on the console you play it on it'll take you to a stage select menu like the originals do.

Yeah, I was playing really sloppily my first run through the game and got to this boss with 2 lives and Eggman was just crushing it for some reason and I game overed. Haven't seen it since, he's stupidly easy most of the time but it seems like he gets crazy random combos here and there.
People complaining about it probably shouldn't be playing video games anyway.

It sucks with Mania because there's a couple parts that *almost* feel challenging, and it's exciting, and makes me want more really badly and to really get completely focused, heart racing, fingers flying carefully all over the controller, and sweating on the verge of getting past a really challenging part. But no, it's just a cock tease. Nothing ever comes of it. I had more fun fighting Sans in Undertale, or the Core in Cave Story.

Autism was his only option.

For people that have been playing classic Sonic games for years, Mania is about as difficult as 3&K. Seeing so many people complaining about getting time overs and game overs and saying the game is too hard really is baffling to me. They must really not play much Sonic.

>die a handful of times to some of the earlier bosses
>get to oil ocean
>casually beat it without any trouble at all and actually enjoy the boss fight in act 2 a lot
I seriously don't understand how so many people have problems with it, including the leaker who game overed 12 times. It's a really easy boss and you can beat it in 30 seconds if you just bounce on the octopus

I know what you mean my fair dudette. I also enjoy that beautiful fast-paced feeling. Mania would definitely benefit from a hard mode.

>tfw suck at platformers and sonic but still enjoy them and trying to get through Sonic Mania
>everyone in this thread is showing their million lives and shit while I'm struggling in each level after the first 3

Man I suck at video games.

Boy you suck at video games.

I'm willing to accept that, it actually feels pretty good to be bad at a sonic game after 20 years of walking all over the genesis games
Fuck those stupid air bubble generators though, why would they program them to release air bubbles on RNG instead of making them like Sonic 1 and releasing them every 3 seconds

Don't worry about it, friend. Just 'cuz your not as skilled at video games doesn't mean you're no good as a person. In fact you'll be able to savor the taste of mania more than those who breezed right through it so make sure you do so!

It's definitely a comfort game. Mania will end up being the kind of game I turn on if I have a couple minutes or even an hour to waste to fuck around in. I've already cleared the game with all the emeralds like 8 times now.

I wish I could be as bad as you user and learn how to play all over again, it's not as satisfying when you've already mastered the mechanics before even playing Mania
Just take it easy and don't stress too much about it

It's alright, user, we're not all good at everything, just be glad you're having fun & not being a faggot who hates the game because you're not good at it like some will do.

You're right. I wish I could go back and take some stupid pills before I played Mania for the first time.

You'll get Sonic soon enough, user. It'll click.

One triple combo is enough to wipe him out
I'm fucking terrible at Puyo and even I can manage that

Haha... Thinking about it now everyone IS replaying it a lot. Your skill level probably doesn't matter if you're doing that.

Titanic Monarch was a really nice challange. It's like my favorite zone in the game now.

just stick with it user

At least the bosses in this game aren't on the level of just bounce on him 8 times in a row without ever touching the ground

What is this .webm trying to convey?

Not very convincing because it looks like he's invincible to spikes for no reason. You should make one of the third segment of the boss fight with Metal Sonic where you can just beat him while sticking to the spikes at the back during your damage invincibility frames and infinitely recollecting your rings.

If you've got all the emeralds by then you've earned the cheese

Oh man, you went super and didn't move. Wow.

Now that was a bit stupid. It's impossible to lose, but I bet they made it that way because play testers got super annoyed and didn't know you actually had to continue running right far from the spike wall.

Alright, pic related is the only one I specifically remembered, but I can't get it to happen again now. Half the time it launches me flying into the air and half the time I take a hit from the spikes. Either way it's not instant killing me like before, so I don't have any real proof.

The stupid part was making the rings too easy to recollect and thus becoming too reliant on the ring system. In all other Sonic games there was a chance that a fallen ring wouldn't be collidable or fall through the floor so you wouldn't get too comfy about losing them.

I finished the game in 3 hours and i was jusr buzzing the S key on my keyboard.

I barely play any Sonic...

How fucking dumb you have to be to suck at this game? You just have to rush and never run out of rings.

If you want a bug where you just die for now reason, look no further.

That's what I mean, they probably didn't collide with the spike wall beforehand so you lost all your rings if you got hit once.

You chose a horrible color for that arrow. It didn't stand out at all and I had no idea what you were talking about. But yes, fuck that little area. It's because it's concave. Collision systems only work well on convex shapes. This applies to every game. Notice how there are virtually no convex areas to walk in. They're where most collision-related bugs happen, like leaving the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure.

You're right, they're far worse.

>tfw I died during that segment on my first playthrough because I didn't realize how exploitable the wall is
I'm so dumb

That's the one thing I miss about Sonic Advance.

These games were hard but so much fun once you were past the trial and error part.

youre smaller when you curl up into a ball and you go in the gap and when you stand youre taller and therefore get crushed. not that hard to figure out

>Super sonic

Oh what? Please I don't want this shit in my game.
How do I avoid it? Simply not collect emeralds?

I had the opposite issue here on both my Sonic replaythrough & my first Knuckles playthrough. I got through the hole as their Super forms without getting crushed but the boss didn't trigger so I was trapped (I got out with Sonic at least).

I do have to agree that crushing deaths in Mania were fucked, and being able to die from walking between two areas that either aren't moving at all or were only moving horizontally is retarded as shit.