No Tomb Raider Dagger of Xian thread?

Let's make one!

Asking you Sup Forums, why the fuck SJW Lara even exist? DoX only has two flaws: it's a demo and it's not funded by Square Enix. Everything else is on the place - gameplay, puzzles, gorgeous views and graphics due to UE4 engine, music... I'm so fcking pissed off over nu-Lara right now...

For anybody curious
tombraider-dox.com/downloads/

And I'm wondering - when and if those fuckers from SE will issue a C&D on them.

Other urls found in this thread:

tombraider-dox.com/downloads/
youtube.com/watch?v=mii3LnLtv8I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Gard
lozada.davidson.edu/anthropology/why-you-shouldnt-use-wikipedia-as-a-source/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>tombraider-dox.com/downloads/

this game franchise scared the shit out of me as a kid, I cant wait to be chased by sharks and scar block dudes in hd

>Tomb Raider 3's sudden music stings

This guy must be some sort of savant autist genius that he can create this as a single person

>only two flaws
>doesn't mention that it is a sequel to Anniversary in gameplay rather than a remake of TR2
My biggest TR wish regarding the classics is a 'remake' of the originals in the level designer from 4/5, combining all the original games into one giant TR game, with levels in chronological order.

never played Tomb Raider 2, only the very first one, which was cool and I wish there was a source port of sorts with mouse aiming.

Is 2 a better game than 1? Will this game actually get finished, and on a reasonable timescale, or will it be like TimeSplitters Rewind, forever in development even without a C&D?

>Is 2 a better game than 1?
Up for discussion. It is definately worth playing though.

>will this game actually get finished, and on a reasonable timescale
No.

>will it be like TimeSplitters Rewind, forever in development even without a C&D
Considering it only get shilled on Sup Forums, Squeenix does not now about it so far.

>sequel to Anniversary
How is that a flaw?

I also wonder how is that a flaw - Gameplay from TR 1-6 just sucks balls with tank controls. The reason how Core Design fallen in 1st place.

I'm not mentioning the map/puzzle design - those still holds up but that fcking controls just kills it.

bump

It can actually be finished in a reasonable timescale.

He started in March which was 6 months ago

Now these 6months was needed to make the entire game and the first level. It is depending how much of those 6 months were spend on the entire game and how much on the first level. If it were for example: 3 months on the game, 3 months on the first level, then it would take 3 months per level = 4 levels per year.

If however, it took 4 months of developing for the game and only 2 months on the first level, then we can already get 6 levels per year. Which is alot for someone doing it entirely on his own.

I'm sure more people will like it and give plenty of donations to him so he can work on this full time, which could spend the progress up even more. It might be finished in 2 years if everything goes well. If it doesn't, well then it takes a little longer.

It's "too easy" for them. Bu they don't realize that it wasn't a casualisation, but rather proper contols for once.

He started in May 2016, probably even earlier, it's just first note in his blog. Nico made just renders before that.

JUST

Actually this guy has some people to help him, but everything will be for free which is insane dedication from whole TR community.

It also proves how easy is to make games on UE4 with proper team.

>I'm sure more people will like it and give plenty of donations to him so he can work on this full time
Crystal dynamics prohibited that as a part of their agreement about rights, not sure how will they control it though.

You do know the levels get longer as the game progresses, right?

they cant actually do that

So they have blessing from Crystal Dynamics?
Hell yeah! Now we need another miracle so they can finish it.

the first level was already twice as long as the one in tr2, so if he is gonna remake them it will be about the same

If proper controls is to take control away from the player, I will take improper 'shitty' tank controls every day.

>If proper controls is to take control away from the player, I will take improper 'shitty' tank controls every day.

What new controls doesn't have where old one has?

Fuck I remember that one in the first level of London that plays as a glitch. I expected something spooky but nothing happened.

Which was even more spooky.

i totally forgot about this. there's a demo already? i wish him well because i know this well take ages to finish but Tomb Raider 2 is my favorite entry in the series and it deserves an HD remake.

is the file in english?

Avaliable to download and in english.

The controls had nothing to do with Core dying off you idiot, it had to do with Eidos being kikes and Crystal Dynamics fucking them over.

I think he implied manual grab. You can switch to it in anniversary, but iirc not in legend and anniversary.
CD introduced more obstacles and other thing for platforming like bars or pillars, it would be tiresome to hold grab all the time, you just push it if Lara loses her balance. She's acrobat after all and can perform everything, I'd rather fight environment than contols.
youtube.com/watch?v=mii3LnLtv8I

does it support 360 gamepad?

if not i wont bother. my pc is set up like a console

>legend and underwold
fix

I don't know if i just have a weak card (GTX760) but this demo shot up my GPU temps to the 80s.

yeah your card is pretty old

i got a gtx780 (the rest of my PC is OP though) and it barely makes it on high, not even getting 60fps but its playable

when i put it on ultra my pc cries

It's UE4. Also I saw xb pad layout so probably is.

Going to travel a good 30+ hours soon.
Which TR game is best out of the PS1 games so I can play it on my CFWPSP?

TLR

I will only play this if he puts in Nu-Lara instead of old trashy Lara.

You're out of luck, lad.
>old trashy Lara
And have a poor taste.

It's usually done to get a job in the industry (as a white male it's fucking hard to get in these days under normal means), I doubt he will actually finish it.

Fucking hell, that ending fucking blue balled me so damn hard. Still, this demo was fucking incredible. The different things the creator did with this level were pretty damn cool. It was more like a whole new thing rather than just a simple remake.

Nice fanart

This outfit is not revealing enuff

It's a team of 7

Shit taste.

>Old Lara
>Classy
>High born
>Talented acrobatic
>Always prepared
>Not a whiner
>If you come with dick out near 40ft she will fill ur balls with 1 pound of lead.
>Tomb Raider

>nu-Lara
>suppoosed to be high born
>teenager approach to everything
>scared of everything
>can't convince a shit
>whiner
>can be raped by a single nigger
>SJW wet dream

Cool demo. Good enough to sell.

But now the wait begins.

I NEED Lara

bait

I dunno senpai, those nuLara fags are pretty fucking autistic, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that comment was unironic.

I never understood why Core Design and other studios strafed away from her original character.

After the original Tomb Raider it seemed there was a shift in focus on her character as an explorer to hypersexualising her instead.

Might've been because of Toby Gard's departure.

Let's be clear - women are more popular than tomb raiding.

Lawsuit incoming

The caracter and names are copyrighted

Enjoy your vaporware fags

Uh I'm sorry?
The only people that were ever sexualizing her were marketers, and they were doing that since the beginning.
Toby Gard (who's a complete fucking manlet cuck who thinks just because he helped create Lara that that means he owns her and can dictate who and what she is) has nothing to do with her.

CD actually hired him as a consultant for LAU trilogy. Even if you didn't like games, Lara herself was great.

What a shame Enjoy ur wimpy loser user and stop bothering us

The irony is that the old Lara was more a feminist icon that the nuLara.
>big boobs =sexism
Kek triggered feminist with no boobs

>just pirated TR legend and anniversary
>about to get some nude mods if there is any
what am i in for? last tomb raider i played was that one for the PS2 where you start off in an allley after someone got murdered

old TR necessitates careful deliberation before jumps. that and you actually need to learn the geometry of the game to be able to make decisions.

>do I need to carefully walk to the edge before jump?
>will I land on the platform or do I need to grab the edge?
>do I have to do a running jump?

all of these are what constitutes "jank" to retards, but it's actually Souls design philosophy before Souls games. your interaction with the world is multi-layered and as a result, the game is more immersive.

lol no

never checked youtube? tons of lara and tombraider shit

>CD actually hired him as a consultant for LAU trilogy
CD also hated Core Design, originally actively tried fucking them over, and all around is a shitty developer that has only managed to make one (1!) Tomb Raider game that was actually decent and didn't either flop or sell like shit. Them hiring Toby Gard doesn't really mean anything other then that fat fuck convinced someone over there that he was more important then he really ever was.
>Even if you didn't like games, Lara herself was great
I never said any of that.

Still doesn't justify the hypersexualization, imo. Her original design had enough merit and appeal.

>The only people that were ever sexualizing her were marketers, and they were doing that since the beginning.

Perhaps. But the game covers themselves after the original seemed to signal towards a more sexual undertone.

Toby Gard concieved her design aswell as her persona.

Disappointment. The only "nude mods" are shitty retextures, there's no mesh replacers.

Toby Gard HELPED create Lara, he wasn't the sole person responsible for creating her, and outside of that, didn't actually do anything other then be lead designer for a few levels (and even then it was more of an oversight role then a creation one).

Why don't they just change the character's name and maybe hair and sell the thing? Why are talented people afraid of doing their own thing?

Be prepared to shit yourself now because I did when it turned out the TIGERS CAN FUCKING SWIM

Why not? It could just be he has a "gentleman's agreement" that he won't make money from it, and if he does, they just issues a C&D.

>he didn't fap to Lara getting beaten up with a bat by a blocky scar dude and dogs too

getting donations is not earning money

I don't know mate, I'm aware Wikipedia is not the most credible of all sources, however:

>Core gave Gard creative control over the game, although it was clear they wanted to market Lara's sex appeal, even asking Gard to implement a nude code into the game which he refused to do.
>His vision for Lara was "a female character who was a heroine, you know, cool, collected, in control, that sort of thing" and that "it was never the intention to create some kind of 'Page 3' girl to star in Tomb Raider"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Gard

My early memory of Tomb Raider interviews seems vague, but it somewhat aligns with what I recall reading Gard claiming back in the day.

Additionally:

> His work on the game included building and animating most of the game's characters (including Lara), animating the in-game cutscenes, storyboarding the FMVs, and managing the level designers.

In regards to how much control he had over the project.

He's just like Ken Levine.

None of that refutes what I stated, and is referring to the first game.
>Core gave Gard creative control over the game
Except for this. Definitely not true for later games when he ran off in a huff because people weren't treating "his" Lara correctly, like some grand autismo. Also
>Wikipedia
Wew lad.

Whatever you say, m8. You're free to think what you want.

>asking Gard to implement a nude code into the game which he refused to do
Well this is just incorrect, there was some code in some very early in-house developer's build of the game that did have it, since if you inspect the game's textures you can see textures for skin and a nude breast. If Wikipedia was right, those textures wouldn't even exist but would have been taken out - since Toby Gard is claimed to have so much control over Lara but balked at any sort of sexualization. Really gets the almonds milking!

It could've potentially been planned untill Gard stepped in, if, as you stated, Wikipedia is correct.

>Gard
>Claimed to have complete control over Lara, even designing all the meshes and textures for Lara and other characters
>Constantly reminds people how much he hates Lara being sexualized
>Allowing nude textures of Lara to exist
You're full of shit and and idiot for even using Wikipedia as a source.
lozada.davidson.edu/anthropology/why-you-shouldnt-use-wikipedia-as-a-source/

All of it comes to
>Walk on the ledge
>press [back] once so she'll jump back exact 1 square
>hold [forward] + [jump] (during run) so you'll be sure she will jump the farthest she can
>true skill
for me it's just unnecessary memory muscle - prep for jump always looked the same and you did almost the same stuff, sometimes you just turned yourself in diffrent angle or you were in rush because some big Indiana Jones' style rock started to roll up your ass.

There was almost no punishment for holding [grab] during jump. You would expect she will faceslam the ground after you press it but no - she will just crouch it.

No - new movement scheme is just way more fluent and not gated by awkward tank controls.

Did you read initial sentence of the post? I'm aware Wikipedia articles are not always 100% credible, unless the articles have undergone an assessment and verified to be so.

And as addendum - the last thing Souls series does is gating you with controls.

>No boob or ass bouncing

Into the trash

For obvious reasons he's not going to be adding that stuff in, but what he could do is make his game moddable so that someone else can.

I'm not saying that playing the game requires skill, just that the control scheme requires some learning/getting used to.

That's not to say that there isn't cool shit you can do thanks to how versatile the movement is with different jumps and flips. You say that the game gates you with controls, but the opposite is true. Modern TR/Uncharted/clones don't allow for nearly as much creativity as the old ones did. That one TR2fag with his webms would prove me right.

I agree that modern control scheme is more fluent, a thousand times over, for sure. I'm just arguing that it's not necessarily a good thing/helps immersion when in real life, an adventurer in those conditions would be super fucking careful.

I'd much rather game require me to walk to the edge and take a step back so that I can do a full running jump, than make it impossible to miss platforms and ledges.

This year, I replayed TR2 and played Uncharted 2 for the first time, back to back, and the former gave me a much biggers sense of adventure and wonder than even the best moments in Uncharted did. They are not even the same genre anymore and it's barely worth arguing the differences because so much got lost in the last decade.

It's UE4 - for sure it can be moddable

Lara's model is pretty baller.

how2dothis

Iirc, you can do this with the walk button or the kick button

hold [jump] button

nu-lara would be too concerned with whining to pull off something like that

The best version of Lara.

>how2dothis
If you mean in real life, you simply don't. If you mean in game you should leave because this website is for people who are 25 or older.

use mega.nz

Shiiiit mate, I just broke your reqirements!

I need the rusty key to open this door, but I can't find it. Send help.

shoot some corpse, prepare for buttsex surprise

SE and DOX team made a deal that they can do it for free AS LONG as they don do it for money or donations

its he same deal as Soul revenant, but then Soul revenant team is a fucking mess

i know how2do it in the old games

i discovered it by accident back then

way before you had internet

i remember trying it again by pushing every poissible button

one key is in the water and one key is in the mummy that you should shoot with manual aim