Yakuza thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mfqkO
youtu.be/TuqPiPdxslk
gamefaqs.com/boards/181171-yakuza-kiwami/73439770
youtube.com/watch?v=GVfC5I_ldYs
youtube.com/watch?v=RV9RrdIUpTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just wanna know why you felt the need to start the thread like this.

I haven't been in a Yakuza thread in a while. Is there a shitpost problem now that Kiwami is out?

stop playing Kiwami
seriously he has a point about the progression of the series, if you can emulate 1 and 2, do it, otherwise play 0 first

imgur.com/a/mfqkO

for those who dont want to have to think about what to use to beat all the pocket racer content including side missions

neat

not him but we got all the important stuff out of the way immediately, now we can just relax and have fun

just started 5 and it's a lot better than 4 so far. It has actual fun mini games, good map, fixed combat. 4 was so shit I rushed the story and finished the game with 8% completion

I really liked 5 but it would never end, I got around 80 hours of playtime at only 35%, should I just rush through the storyline and finish it? I haven't played it in a while because I was so overwhelmed

Which game is that scene even from?

>1 isn't cannon

Is 1 actually not cannon? Does he die at the end or something? I've only played 0 and was thinking of getting Kiwami

Please, stop doing this on purpose.

What's the deal with the canon stuff? I've never played any of the yakuza games, picked up 0 and kiwami yesterday. Was gonna play through them chronologically.

They're basically remaking the whole series to carry over QOL improvements and make the storyline more consistent, they started with 0 as a prequel and then moved on to kiwami 1 and 2 and they have plans to re-release 3,4 and 5 on ps4 as well
This created a schism in the fanbase because some people are pissed that newer fans won't play the originals and are obsessing over what is "canon" because some of the later games have flashbacks of 1 and 2 in ps2 graphics, but then does it even matter if they update the later games to fix that etc etc etc
just buy kiwami and have fun

>acknowledge and understand all of his points
>still chose to play Kiwami over 1 anyway

At least he'll never know who I am.

It's from 2. One of the most cringy substories in the series.

that's the diaper men, right?

what are his points

Sounds good thanks nigga

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Tatsuro Yamashita recorded a song that plays during Yakuza 6. It confirms Kazuma Kiryu never gets his groove back. (Pic is sad Kiryu)
Listen youtu.be/TuqPiPdxslk

You'll probably get a bit annoyed with all the sidetracking and long periods it takes to do anything in Haruka and Saejima's parts. Kiryu and Shinada have the most open parts of the lot while Saejima and Haruka are a mix of railroading you and locking stuff off at times.

What did you have a problem with 4 though? The only thing I had problems with was Saejima being an asshole to everyone even if he was helping them so I didn't really like his character that much ( mean, I get that he's pissed but he's so mellow in 5 by comparison and is happy to help some people even if he's annoyed by them), and Tanimura got shafted with his own part's chapters being both short and not really expanding on his character that much. 5 is basically 4 when it comes to making you play new characters just with more side content.

is there a way to change the time of day?
I'm on chapter 13 before i can head off and do the final boss fight stuff but i need it to be day time so i can go to a place and eat their day time food because i just found out they have a night and day menu

I dl-ed the full rip of Kurohyou 2's OST
and when I hear the familiar boss themes, the pitch is lower than when I hear in-game, is this normal? question directed to the user who send the MEGA last thread

>just started 5 and it's a lot better than 4 so far.
Just wait until you get to Saejima and you'll realize game's faults. Side content is the best part of the game.

Talk to Yuya.

You forgot YUME

You forgot the "3 is unplayable garbage" meme.

so i have looked all over the place but i am guessing it is not in the game

the stuff you use to bring your drunk level down?

Go to Cafe Alps with some lost health and buy the coffee. Each one counts for one or two levels of drunkenness lowered. Legendary Drinker of Ryukyu was only added in 3 so I don't know if Kiwami has it or not, but you can also check Poppo, M-Mart, Kotobuki Pharmacy, and Don Quijote to see if they carry it.

>maxed the 3 regular styles
>only halfway through the dragon style
>chapter 10

Majima Everywhere fucking blows. If you wanted Majima pandering you didn't need to attach the progression of the dragon style to it.

On a side note, does anyone else ship Haruka with Kiryu? I think it could have worked with how 5 ended but they went with the Chinaman instead.

doesn't this have a nightmare difficulty achievement?

>ship Haruka with Kiryu
TEMEEEEEEE

the coffee in cafe alps isnt dropping my drunk level at all

I don't like the Yakuza video games.

Finally finished it. After getting all the Dragon moves in Chapter 10. I powered though the rest of the story.

It's okay remake. If very rehashed.

you need to stop listening to shitposters. fucking christ man.

One cup is equal to 1 tier. I Googled just to make sure it worked in later games and it still does so I don't know why it's working for you. Keep in mind there's like six tiers of being drunk but you usually skip over two of them with most drinks.
gamefaqs.com/boards/181171-yakuza-kiwami/73439770

>no preorder bonus for the regular version

delete this senpai

This one?

War God Talisman is fun. Fist Reversals for everyone. Also, apparently only 0.1% of players have beaten the Kiwami Climax Battles, last I checked.

How about I just pay a $10 extra and I just get the artbook with no broken glass with my amazon order?

Because the climax battles are bullshit.

There are only about four that are unfair.

oh

preordered

see

>tfw never played 1&2
>Bought HD collection
>Never finished 1 or 2 on that
>Skipped Kiwami
>But excited for Kiwami 2

I didn't realize this was a thing because stupid glass shills wouldn't shut up. This will be fine.

OP... Kiwami is remake of first game.

That the series has a clear sense of progression from one game to the next, from fighting mechanics to the extension of the city hub, so he recommends people to play things in release order in order to appreciate said progress better

>imgur.com/a/mfqkO
Where did you get the next cars ? I'm still sr-tuck with the first one

retard

Is 4 the one with the rubber bullets and the long hair guy in prison?

Fuck that game.

Isn't it?

Some of them you get though the winning the pocket circuit races. The Cool striker is in a locker.

Thanks user

where can I find eng subs of this Kurohyou live-action episode?
youtube.com/watch?v=GVfC5I_ldYs

4 is the best one to start with.

>I can't wait to play as this Kiryu guy and beat up people in Tokyo
>Spend 50+ hours not playing as Kiryu, but randomly throughout the story people just talk about how badass Kiryu is
>Finally get to play as Kiryu for the last 30 minutes of the game
>He starts out max level

>dude just play the games with shitty gameplay mechanics instead of the version that fixes it :DDDD

apart from 1 being a little clunky there's nothing shitty about the ps2 games unless you're of an underage mentality that games age

>Finally get to play as Kiryu for the last 30 minutes of the game
>Coming off of Tanimura you're ready.
>Attacks twice as fast.
>Hits like a brick.
>Moves like a bat out of hell.
>Tons of heat choices.
That part was amazing.

What went wrong?

yakuza 1 sucks dick because there's no lock on and it's just a nightmare to play through because of it. it's like saying play the original re when there's the infinitely superior REmake

while there is lock-on in 2 it's not perfect and enemies can just kind of walk away and not be locked on

CHINA'D

CHINKED

Should have just let Saejima have his way with her instead or married Kiryu.

there is lock on in 1, it's just not as tight as it is made in 2

also using REmake as an example is retarded

her gameplay in 5 wasn't like this
youtube.com/watch?v=RV9RrdIUpTI

RICED

BCC

The gameplay is of course not as modernized but by no means does it "suck dick" as you so maturely put it

wtf you're sick

Marrying Kiryu would probably trigger even more people.

People got triggered for the washing scene in Ishin.

>chink
>big

This guys damage feels like it's way too high for how fast he can attack.

>be me
>play yakuza 4 first
>boss fight against kiryu with saejima
>get my shit pushed in half a dozen times on normal difficulty
he lived up to the hype

for the record, i rekt his shit on new game plus nightmare mode
saejima becomes a whole different beast when you unlock some of his skills

Big enough. Not like Haruka can tell the difference.

why? REmake improved on the original in every way. no more tank controls

Don't fuck with the arena until towards the end of the game. His attacks don't do shit to you.

Where do you get the bumper plate?

There is lock-on in 1. It just has a problem where it doesn't track enemies properly, so if you kill someone and hold R1 while trying to change direction to aim at another enemy or even a guy off to your side you'll just keep attacking forward or facing forward unless the guy straight up walks in front of you and even then it doesn't autocorrect itself properly to the guy.

I also played through all of 1 100% just fine last year and it still holds up. Yeah, it has its faults like few minigames, missables, lock-on is messed up, you can't really retaliate behind you effectively which only really got good at around 4 or 5 anyway, and it was kind of barebones with the Heat Actions available, but to completely write it off as unplayable or incredibly difficult to play is ridiculous.

try the pawn shop

>first game is unplayable now just because a remake exists

This logic is so retarded.

Really happy the series is finally getting recognition. I regret not playing it all these years but Sega keeps doing it right lately.

Also, start with 0 op.

but thats not what i said

would you rather play an inferior or a superior version that fixes the inferior's issues?

I'd play both and realize they're completely different games, and one doesn't suck dicks just because it's older.

any tips on how to make idol majima spawn so I can continue training the dragon fight style or will someone just admit that Majima pandering was a giant mistake already?

when did i say it was bad because it's old? i said it's bad because the core of the game (combat) is incredibly difficult and unfun

I hate how she didn't take the dog with at the end :(

It's total RNG. There's nothing you can do other hope he spawns in his idol getup.

>incredibly difficult and unfun

>i said it's bad because the core of the game (combat) is incredibly difficult and unfun
But the core combat is literally the same as the rest of the series, the only thing that's broken is the lock-on system which works but you need to learn how it works not to flub hits compared to the games that came after it that redirect your attacks to the closest enemy or try to redirect you when you move while holding R1.

>On a side note, does anyone else ship Haruka with Kiryu?

It is, but you're missing the point of the OP. It's a dig at the way these threads usually break down now.

Does a PS4 Pro improve framerate performance much over the regular one for Yakuza 6?

Would you say there is no point in Kiwami if:

1. I have enough games to play
2. I still play Yakuza 1 on my PS2
3. I'm not obsessed with Majima

No difference as it's not even patched.