Why are pirates hated?

Keep in mind that piracy got cut in half due to current consoles being pirate proof

Us PC pirates will never learn; the only solution would be for ISP's to have a blacklist of PC pirates. (Such a blacklist could be shared between them and pc game pirates will never be able to use internet again)

Companies hate you because you take their money. Its not rocket science.

When companies make everything available digitally at the same speed I can pirate shit I will buy everything

Because they're HARRRRRRRRRd to get rid of :^)

Perhaps they should make better products then?

Still easier and faster to pirate games.
ISPs wont block users because they need customers.
VPNs will always bypass website blocking and newer websites will arise when other ones are removed.

user dont fucking lie to me or yourself. We both know you'd pirate it even if it was solid gold and gave blowjobs. Because nobody wants to spend money if they dont have to.

There a working rip of P5 somewhere not OP? Theirs doesnt emulate.

niggas which website do you use now?

tpb is slow, kat is abandoned, extratorrent is kill and rarbg is shit

PC pirates should be ashamed of themselves. Devs work hard to get their games on your platform yet you steal the games without paying or anything. What if people stole your things?

>piracy is down!
>sales of AAA games are also down

I would spend money on a game if it was worth a flying fuck.All games are now rehashed garbage and the people who make them have the fucking nerve to get angry when people pirate the trash.

You realize the ISPs are jews too? Why would they cut their own revenue?

Pirating is an inevitability of digital media and it's hated because it cuts potential profit margins. I don't really give a fuck if people pirate or not. In the end, pirating has been around for decades, and will be for the next ones too.

If people feel like they want to support the devs or have their own moral objections, then they will spend money. Those people will always be in the majority.

Personally, I pirate everything except vidya for whatever reason, but I only buy games I feel deserve it.

desu piracy is just something children/younger people do

No you wouldn't. Nobody would. Only reason music piracy went tits up is because services like itunes made spending a few bucks for a couple of songs more convenient than pirating.

Only thing that will stop games piracy is convenience. Dont act all high and mighty because you're a pirate, you may not be paying to eat shit but you're still eating it, and when it becomes more convenient to buy your shit over pirating it you'll be chucking your wallet at whatever service they come up with before you can spell hypocrite.

i knew this argument would come up

solution would be for law makers to pay ISPs' millions each year in exchange to keep us satanic pirates offline (Publishers could pay a small fee each too)

I think its better I STFU before i give fancy ideas

>Pirates blacklisted from the internet
>Pirates stop buying PC games

You expect lawmakers to take a cut out of their own taxfunded pie to give to ISPs to protect publishers? What do you not get about jews?

yet I can torrent 4 billion copies of fallout 4 and Bethesda wouldn't lose a penny. How is their money taken?

Lost sales.
>inb4 'If I couldnt pirate it I wouldnt buy it'
Just explaining how they see it. Not sticking my dick into the blender that is that debate.

I dont get it really. If its a indie title it has to overpriced for people not to buy it, because everyone has 10 bucks or so to give. And i actually go out of my way to pirate some AAA titles because of shady business pratices. I only buy games that cost 30 or less if i really think they deserve my hard earned money.

lost sales implies they can't sell the item that was taken this isn't the case with torrenting.

I always buy my games you dickweed, I most certainly don’t buy new games because most of them are fucking trash now.I also don’t act high and mighty because I pirate games, I don’t know why you pulled that assumption out of your high and mighty asshole.

Like I said just explaining their point of view. Not my fault they're terrified of word leaking out about their sub-par games ruining their sales. Its also why we get to enjoy review embargos, pre-order bonuses and day 1 dlc. They're looking to entice.

Dunno, scape goat I suppose. People always blame X for something. Also, people could be angry that they spent their or somebody's cash on a product which someone is getting for free and they need to vent their anger some how. I think people should stop giving a shit really, pirating allows your product to go further anyways.

Sometimes companies shoot themselves in the foot and that makes us resort to piracy to get what we want.

For example, The Matrix (1999) is on Netflix right now. IN SD! NOT EVEN 720P, NO ITS FUCKIN 480P. WHAT THE FUCK MAN?? I promptly torrented a 1080p BDrip and watched that instead

How is everyone in this thread missing that the OP is not being ironic, he's just an amazingly butthurt console baby that has been doing this for god knows how long due to a mental illness, I barely browse Sup Forums and already have seen it multiple times.

Just because the OP is shit doesnt mean we cant have a productive thread on piracy.

but... we're not taking anything. We're just not giving them anything.What makes you think I would have bought the game to begin with? They weren't going to get money from me anyway so it's literally no different than me just not buying the game.

Most posts are directly replying to the OP not talking between each other.

>I'm not giving them money in exchange for their product
>this is somehow not stealing
>b-but I wasnt going to buy it in the first place!
Well then dont fucking buy it. But dont pretend you arent doing something wrong either. Our society is built on the exchange of money for goods and services.

>nowadays a majority of games are early access FPS/survival garbage because pirates refused to support anything besides their boomheadshot simulators

ain't even mad since japan is finally getting it through their thick heads to move to PC since consoles are dying. pirates can enjoy their unfinished DLC-riddled FPS and ASSFAGGOTS western trash since that's the only games they would support, i'll just buy japanese games that are still worth my money. oh, and DivOS2, Larian are one of the few good western developers left.

so what you are saying is that you dindu nuffin?

Anyone still use torrent sites to get their games?
Haven't used a torrent site since 2010
I do buy games only when the developer get rid of most of their bugs in their games until then I don't even give them a cent

if your business model can be defeated by ctrl + c, ctrl + p, maybe you should change your business model

>Why are pirates hated?
because you're the reason Denuvo exists

Do you have any idea how hard I'd pirate EA and Gearbox games if that were actually true

Lost sales are a meme that only retards fall for

BTFO

their PC business model lies on charity of kukks

Our Steam friends are buying things that are for free. The first thing that happens when a teen male kukk joins steam is an older guy offers sex. apparently older gays realized that steam is a hotspot for teen guys

The fact that we're on Sup Forums means we can't have a productive thread on piracy
Seriously this board is a joke nowadays

That's why companies use worse and worse DRM, stupid nigger.
>but but reeeeeee fuck Denuvo reeeeeee
>Why do companies only port bigger games over to PC nowadays? reeeeee

Actually thats what industry and DRM apologists are saying about themselves

Stupid nigger, let me quote you:
>if your business model can be defeated by ctrl + c, ctrl + p, maybe you should change your business model
They do. And it fucks it up for everyone else.
And that's because of stupid niggers on PC.

It's because stupid niggers like you buy into their bullshit
If the point of DRM is to counter piracy, it fails. Let's just get that out of the way, it just fails. Piracy is still lively as ever right now, so there's no need for the actual consumers to go through facade of having to always stay online, being constantly spied on and playing unmoddable games for the sake something THAT FAILS.
The only company who's insistent on DRM are those who are out of touch with how people thinks and how reality actually works.
Even if you're a console gamer, even if you're an outsider you would get at least an inkling of sense of how frustrating it would feel as a consumer. This isn't really a PC issue.

Sup Forums says DRM doesn't work yet I'm this close to having to buy Sonic Mania

why are you false flagging like that? i never said i didn't buy games.