Guild Wars 2 is fun

Guild Wars 2 is fun

anyone else play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9AJ2mVbTNgs
youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
youtu.be/FApd8q19CqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't play shit games, post more cute.

Although it has many flaws, it's the only thing resembling a "collect-a-thon" mmo, It's still comfy and relaxing.

PvE is comfy, PvP although broken due to Necros and Rangers being OP it's still fun and relaxing, and WvW with your guild is perhaps the best unique part.

The lore is great, but ither than Taimi, main characters are shit...

I am super stoked about the expansion.

>PvE is comfy
I found the PvE too be boring with the restriction on your level.I didn't like the dynamic events and the lack of proper quest in the world, it make every things look static and stuck on repeat.

But it was pretty and B2P so I got my money back by playing for a time with a friend.

>PvP although broken due to Necros and Rangers being OP

If you're losing to a necromancer 1v1 you really need to learn to play, they're deadweight unless they have a team carrying them, picking them up when they go down

Gonna get my 4th piece of legendary armor tomorrow

I look like a clusterfuck right now so I mostly wear gemstore outfits

It's one of those games where you can't really work out if you're having fun or not. Its combat is just barely good enough for you to sink time into it, but not enough to actually be satisfying or like you're getting any decent payout for it. This is especially true of PvP, where games are extremely swingy and you rarely ever get a close game. You either get paired with demigods or you get paired with a pack of drooling retards, meaning you never really get a game which has an enjoyable amount of difficulty. It's either too easy or nerve stabbingly bad.

Loot isn't very satisfying either. It's mostly about collecting big piles of junk and selling them to eventually get your shiny pair of wings. The only thing which can really land you a decent payout by itself is a precursor weapon.

>ither than Taimi, main characters are shit

Taimi is one of the worst of the bunch. She exists as an exposition device and is Angel McMuffin's Scarlet stand-in for Diversity's Edge. Nothing about her is remotely likeable and you have awful taste.

>YOU NEED BERSERKER SPECIALIZATION TO BE RELEVANT!!!!!
>glass cannon that gets shrekt when you look at it when there's no support

>tfw Strength/Arms/Defese + 5sig

I haven't played in 4 years and I still can't find a better build for me.

I hit max level and got end game gear near release. Apparently my stuff I got back in like 2011 or something is still nearly the best shit in the game. What's the point with no treadmill?

>anything war
>glass canon

I bought HoT a few days ago and the mobs don't fuck around. I've never felt this squishy in vanilla.

Adrenal health all the way.

So you only play a game like wow because you look forward to new tiers of content being released with higher level items, so all the gear you worked so hard to get in the previous raid now isn't worth shit because anyone who just started playing can do a few dailies and now get better shit then you spent months grinding your ass off for? That whole concept actually makes you want to play the game instead of just uninstalling it immediately?

The point is that anything you do will always have value, you shouldn't have a carrot on a stick held in front of you to enjoy a videogame, and if you DO want that, then you can do fractals, build agony resistance, and grind for ascended and legendary armor which will always be the best armor that exists locked behind the most difficult content.

I get what you're trying to say, but let me tell you as someone who's played Warrior for most of the time in both Guild Wars, Berserker was a definite upgrade to Warrior, no question about it, it got castrated so they can prop up the new exp with the change to adrenaline traits.

Warrior is super survivable regardless of having traited in Defense or not. Try playing a Mesmer solo.

The point is that you can do the end-game stuff and grind the shit out of it now instead of having to grind your way to the new best gear first.

Part of the fun of an rpg is improving your character. When I quit there was no further way to improve my character. I had all the best shit. I had "beaten" the game.

But that end game stuff doesn't give me anything. Also I remember the dungeon combat itself being really weird. There was no real trinity so you just went in and smacked the boss until it died. Didn't feel like strategy really entered the equation. Also you used the same skills from level 1 to level 80. I wanted it to play like GW1.

You can't compare GW1 warriors to GW2 warriors. In GW1 still had the trinity, so you always had a monk and other supports in your party to save you. In GW2 you need a lot more survivability for solo PvE.

What build are you using? Every berserker build I tried gets me killed before I get the chance to pop litany.

Yeah it's fun but everything gets boring after 3 years of playing. I'm hoping the expansion and awesome looking mounts bring the fun back.

But you can always improve your skill, or put together different builds, or collect rare loot and make legendary items, or get better at pvp and/or wvw, either for the fun of playing those modes or for the loot they reward you with, generally a little of both. You earn gold so you can convert it into gemstore currency to acquire for "free" items you would otherwise have to pay real money for.

Dungeons, as in 5 man content, have been entirely replaced by fractals, which have also been entirely reworked since release.

I tried it but this game is really fucking slow and I dropped it, anyway have fun OP

You might want to rejoin and try raids

youtube.com/watch?v=9AJ2mVbTNgs

>That chat
miss you guys

I'll consider it. I hear the level cap is being raised in the next xpansion. I still wish that there was more to combat than your weapon giving you 3 abilities you use for the entire game. GW1 has a much better system imo.

played it to about lv 60 at launch. i also played in a few of the open betas, was pretty pumped. finally able to play a necromancer, just like i'd always wanted in an mmo.

and then necromancers were shit. fully spec'd into every minion i could get (which was admittadely cool as fuck, especially with the biggest dude) and they'd ALL die to a single normal mob at lv 60. i'd have to sit there for a minute before I could resummon my strongest zombie monster, only for it to die again the next mob I fought. eventually just got frustrated and gave up

also the main story was really not hooking in to me in the slightest

Don't play GW2 that much anymore, but Berserker is not optimal anymore. The reason you would take it is because the 1 bar of adrenaline burst would pop the level 3 of the Berserker's Power. Doesn't work like that anymore, so I don't even think Berserker is optimal anymore, probably is, but I think for open world, just regular Warrior might be better now.

I bought this game and I hated every fucking minute of it. I tried playing this gay ass pink class, I don't remember the name. I think it summoned clones or some shit. Apparently I could use 2 handed weapons and I threw away my staff to wear a sword, I couldn't kill anything anymore. And then there was pvp. I've never seen anything as shit as gw2 pvp. 2v1 was basically impossible because as soon as you killed someone they just sat on the ground, throwing garbage at you while the other asshole was whacking your balls until they zerged you down. There were also warlocks running around with 50 fucking pets. Who designed this piece of shit game

oh also i should add on to this that the jumping puzzles were fantastic. super fun, I remember on in the Charr area stumping me for ages, but after a long ass time I managed to puzzle it out. I also liked exploring, but exploring typically lead to combat, and that lead to a lot of dead zombies and a barely alive necromancer.

Playing it currently. It's pretty fun if you aren't retarded and try to play it like a themepark to get to endgame. The game's strength is the variety of shit you can do. PVE, PVP, exploration, collection, puzzles... All of it rewards you and gives you levels, dyes, gold, items...

Just wish the crafting and economy was a little better. Then again, it's just like WoW or FFXIV. Just there for the sake of being there.

Super fun finding mini dungeons and jumping puzzles, though. Need to get into an active guild for the unique guild content too.

There are no level cap increases, only new things that resemble subclasses

I don't know what classes you're familiar with, but for example elementalist in the first expansion got a subclass called tempest which focused on AoE support and the ability to "overload" your elements, and in the upcoming expansion is getting a subclass called weaver which gives them the ability to use multiple elements at once. Necromancer previously got a subclass called reaper which is hard to describe but basically amounted to jason voorhees as an mmo class and it played kind of like a dervish from gw1, and is next getting a subclass called scourge which sacrifices the normal necro death shroud mechanic to instead summon "sand shades" which act kind of a little bit like ritualist spirits from gw1. This kind of thing is their new system for expanding each class with every expansion.

>i played a game for two hours, didn't understand even 10% of it, and quit

modern mmo players, everyone

Why should I force myself to play something when there's other games that I enjoy more? The first 2 hours of world of warcraft were amazing, the first 2 hours of FFXIV were okay, the first 2 hours of guild wars 2 were dreadful.

Minions are a lot different now then they were on launch, they're a lot tankier and they regenerate their HP outside of battle. If you want to raid though, they're worthless since they're mostly defensive and have low damage, but for open world content minion build is actually one of the strongest builds in the entire game for soloing tough champion enemies that would destroy other classes.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
>you will never get the GW2 that was deserved
>you will never boot the charr back to their northern shithole

I thought the new expansion coming out raises the cap. I saw the subclass stuff, looks ok I guess. I still really dislike the weapon skill shit. Using the same attacks for 80 levels was not super fun.

>Berserker is not optimal anymore

Wrong. Two condition phalanx strength berserkers are mandatory for every raid group now. They're one of the most desired classes for high end group content in the game.

where do people get those floating semen orbs anyway, erp achievement?

>so I don't even think Berserker is optimal anymore, probably is, but I think for open world, just regular Warrior might be better now.

But it's good to have an opinion of someone who plays more than me, I honestly just glanced at the notes from the last patch, didn't follow up much.

>The first 2 hours of world of warcraft were amazing, the first 2 hours of FFXIV were okay

You are either lying for some weird reason or just completely retarded. FFXIV is literally the most boring MMO ever concocted, even the 10% at the end with primals and shit, and WoW's early game is laughably shitty.

Crafting was relevant at release when gear was somewhat harder to acquire, you could craft yourself the best stuff for your level and get exotic gear without even running a single dungeon, jewelers could also make mad dosh by crafting exotic rings and accessories.
Then people got used to dungeons, exotic wasn't worth shit anymore and crafting professions turned into a rush to max level to craft your ascended gear once and almost never use them again.
Funnily enough, Cooking was completely overlooked at release but it's probably the overall most useful craft skill nowadays.

Most classes have a variety of options for weapons you can swap between, you're not forced to keep using the same weapon for your entire leveling process.

Legendary trinket aura, called aurora. It requires you to grind a shitload of achievements from the last set of "living world" episodes.

>Cooking was completely overlooked at release but it's probably the overall most useful craft skill nowadays

No it isn't, because 99% of consumables that are actually valued are traded on the auction house either at crafting cost or below. There's no reason to craft consumables when you can just sell the materials you would use to craft them and then buy the item you would have crafted.

Yeah, raid group. I was talking about general PvE berserker builds.

Look, we can both pretend to be completely retarded or we just accept that personal taste plays a huge role in those things. If you like the game then play it. I didn't. And seeing how both, wow and ffxiv are more popular than gw2 I'd assume that most people think similar to me.

You still are pretty limited man. I just think that specifically was a bad idea.

Most importantly, he's not meant to be leveling by grinding PVE... But people walk around doing karma hearts and think that's what the game is all about. Good riddance desu, they deserve WoW and FFXIV.

Actually, FFXIV currently has less players than GW2. Considerably less, too.

I wasn't saying it's the most useful for you, but it's the one craft skill that is still relevant no matter the content, everyone uses food and someone has to craft it.

Oh it was definitely a bad idea, and 100% a downgrade from the "choose any 10 skills you like" system in gw1, but it shouldn't keep you from enjoying gw2.

>we're making a sequel to the game that was mostly known for it's insane build variation
>we're removing 70% of the possibility for build variation though

youtu.be/FApd8q19CqE

isnt gw2 f2p

Not him, but I don't think it's really a good comparison considering one has a sub and the other doesn't. I personally like a lot of things better about FF14 but GW2 had its strengths as well. I was a fairly big fan of GW1 and I had issues with a lot of the changes.

It triggered the fuck out of me. I still got to max level and capped out my gear. But there was a little ember or resentment in my chest the whole time.

Buy to play. F2P for the base game with a ton of restrictions.

Didn't mean it as an argument, was just correcting him.

Game's combat is shit. Why do people like these slow paced games so much.

But to be completely honest, I think I'd play this over FF14's snail pace combat. And GW2 probably has better outfits.

Actually, that's wrong, and judging numbers by WoW's current standards is misleading. WoW's numbers, despite being number 1, are still pretty small. People love to say that FFXIV is almost as big as WoW, but that doesn't mean much. WoW isn't doing well.

First time I played through ARR, I must've ran into 10 or so other people in my entire leveling experience outside of cities. And I was on a full server.

Compared to WoW, GW2's tab target combat is ridiculously dynamic, reactive, and fun.

It's still got nothing on a real action game, but we don't yet have the Devil May Cry mmo so until that happens...

No Tera and BDO don't count, tera is clunky garbage and BDO has good combat that doesn't at all fit the type of game it's trying to be

>go into Sup Forums gw2 threads
>aleays just people saying "i played this game for 2 weeks and quit i hate it gw1 was better don't try to talk to me or ill green text you to death".

I'm almost 100% sure if wow had released BC or Wotlk in the last 5 years the WoW threads would be filled with people saying they hated it after only playing it for 2-3 weeks.

Comfy always means "boring and shallow".

I used to fall for that meme until I played Banished.

BDO's combat is completely wasted on a hollow game. Literally grinding AoE mobs that don't even fight back for hours is the core content of the game.

If vanilla WoW released today with updated graphics, it would die within a month tops.

MMO players have no idea what they want and what's good.

MMOs are all slow paced combat. If I wanted to play a game with good combat I wouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.

>we don't yet have the Devil May Cry mmo
but we do

You play MMOs for the "massive" and community part of it usually.
I think only GW2 really manages to capture that though.

>instanced korean grinding garbage

Not an mmo.

BDO isn't slow.

Yeah, trying to combine a musou with eve online was a terrible idea

I haven't played it but I play Blade and Soul which is usually considered to have the best mmo combat from what I can tell. It's not bad but it's still crap compared to any good action game.

It wasn't. It was just done really badly thanks to korean devs not knowing how to make anything that's not a braindead grinding simulator.

GW2 has such great artwork and music. Its a shame that games style was wasted on it.

Only to erp as a honey dripping salad slut.

what MMO isn't grinding garbage?

>playing any mmo other than runescape

A good one. Archeage was one, EVE is another.

>The most PayToWin MMO and a shitty space sim

I don't care for player driven content personally. I'm paying the dev to make content for me to conquer.

Can you even RP in this game? With the way servers work, theres no dedicated RP world.

I played this a lot and really loved it. Thought, i consider the PvP to be total garbage because of the Down mechanic.

But damn, i regret buying the expansion. The story just got worse and worse. Same problem with the Living Story desu. Game was just one zerg-fest after another. The freedom of movement in combat is still the best i've played in MMO's.

No level cap increase, the devs are adamant that level 80 and ascended gear are "statistical" cap no matter how much the game changes. You can still optimize in terms of stat allocation and the expacs always come with new stat combos that might become meta.

Elite Specializations aim to revamp the gameplay of your class (generally, unless you're warrior because fuck the warrior dev) and are THE selling point of the expacs. They're a lot of fun. For example, Necromancer's Dagger hasn't seen a lot of usage but with the upcoming Scourge espec that essentially changes their shroud into an MP bar, the massive shroud generation dagger provides will definitely see a lot of play.

And feel free to experiment with your weapons throughout the leveling process. Traits can now freely be adjusted anywhere anytime now and generally every weapon fulfills it's purpose well.

Which is why I said 'was'. And EVE is an MMO in every sense of the word, with 0 grinding. Your shit taste is irrelevant.

And that's fine. But currently, none exists with that idea in mind and no grinding, because grinding is what keeps players paying subscription fees.

Which is not an excuse. Grinding as a core game concept was shit from the getgo and simply isn't acceptable these days.

I can't really think of a single MMO with mind-blowing story.

Yeah, it means you can play with anyone in your data center. It makes things pretty easy.

Secret World.

I'm not the guy you were talking to but I can't understand your hate for the warrior dev, both elites are cool, it's a shame that you're eternally stuck in PS though but the only way to get out of that would be to nerf it and people would fucking explode.

Final Fantasy XI is fantastic

>other videos from him are "why you should play gw2 again in 2017"
>oh yeah I only have footage from gw2 and not the others haha
>gw2 wins in the end
shocker

EVE isn't a MMO. Fuck off. Archeage was never good, it came out the gate literally Pay2Win and doing something as simply as logging into a server was fucking impossible. Who the fuck puts queues in a game? Kill yourself for defending this garbage.

SW delivers quests well, but the actual narrative and setting is far too silly and on the nose to be taken seriously.

And it's all over the place. It's not consistent at all.

>"i dont cdare about player interaction"
>"i care abot what the devs tailer specially for me"
>chooses a genre that revolves around player interaction
Not like it matters, MMOs are dead and will never be back at it's prime.

It's because of what I said, the elite specializations generally aim to change up the gameplay - best examples are Necro > Scourge and Ranger > Druid but for 2 expansions now I've felt like I'm playing Warrior+0.5. Actually spellbreaker makes me feel worse because it downgrades the regular bursts for Full Counter and ACTUALLY feels exactly like playing vanilla warrior. At least Berserker gave you new burst skills that enabled a bunch of different play styles like condi warrior.

>EVE isn't an MMO.

Stopped reading there.

Hm I am a warrior though. I had a full set of Draconic berserkers shit not that long after the game released.

A lot of people enjoy grinding. Doing shit and having your character get better is appealing to a lot of people. I don't like player driven content but I still think it should exist.

i unironically love ffxivs story, no other mmo has made me actually give a fuck about the characters

True enough. could be worse though you could be playing a Revenant.

My first MMO was dark age of camelot, the pvp was player driven but the rest of the game was dev driven. Also you put words into my mouth, I enjoy interacting with other players, I have fond memories of grinding with parties and shooting the shit in FF11. That's different that player driven content.

First of all I usually play warrior in raids/fractals (condi PS/DPS). Before the recent balance patch I swapped to power for open world, but now condi is superior everywhere (except underwater) imo.

If you still want to go power, you could always just ditch berserker. The new grandmaster trait in strength (might makes right) combined with lots of might generation and adrenal health gives you ridiculous sustain.

Right now the meta for Warrior is a Condition Damage based Berserker (the elite, not the stat combo) that plays significantly differently from the Greatsword Warrior all the old players are used to. Just to show how much the gameplay for a class can change.

FFXIV's story puts me to sleep. For a game that's entirely based on the story, to deliver it through mostly silent text and scripted emotes is fucking retarded. It didn't help that the quests themselves were a literal chore to do.

The story was average at best. Really don't understand why people say it's good.

>three major mmos
>gw2
lol

Great. Now fuck off with your shitty space sim faggot.

Did you only play a realm reborn? everything past leviathan started picking up pace but I do agree it's a pain in the arse.

Most FF fans are used to silent text and scripted emotes. The game gets exponentially better the more of the series you have played. Constant references etc.

I see. Well my brother will be happy, he was a bleed warrior and I was a greatsworder. I might give the game another shot based on your recommendations. It's not like I'd have to pay a sub.