People shit on console shooters for having generous aim assist...

>people shit on console shooters for having generous aim assist, but praise pic related which has lock-on shooting where you literally can't miss.
Is the Wii version at least more fun with its free aiming?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13850100
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If this game was all about shooting enemies, you'd have a point, but it isn't.

It's not a shooter for starters.

People dont praise Prime for fast, intense shooting. They praise it for highly immersive and beautiful environments, great ost and strong art style

aiming is not the point of Metroid Prime 1 and 2, but if you want that "added", then you'll probably enjoy the Wii versions, yeah

is almost like is a adventure/exploration game that just happens to be in first person or something

>but praise pic related which has lock-on shooting where you literally can't miss.
Well. You can still miss depending on things. The game has no hitscan projectiles.
But it works because they made a game about lock-on over aiming. So the game revolves around that and is balanced around it. The game is also about much more than shooting.

>people shit on console shooters for having generous aim assist

there are like 9 people who still do this

No there's not. For multiplayer games especially, or any game that relies heavily on the shooting part, there's a lot more people who do it, and for good reason.

can you play the gamecube version in widescreen on a hacked wii?

Metroid Prime for the Nintendo Gamecube is not a First Person Shooter.

Could someone please post a working Dolphin mouse+keyboard profile for the Wii version?

Yeah, worked fine for me with Nintendont.

It's sad that people need to have this explained to them. Are there actually people who try to play this in the same way they'd play COD or any other typical FPS? Because if so, no wonder they think it sucks. I'd like to see footage of one of these people playing it.

I've been thinking about making a lil' YouTube video for my channel explaining why Metroid Prime (and Metroid Prime 2) for the Nintendo Gamecube clearly are no FPS games. Maybe I should just get to it.

The shooting mechanics weren't the point, except for the bosses, and even then, that's more about surviving attacks and finding your window to inflict damage.

>Is the Wii version at least more fun with its free aiming?
I think so.

Shooting skill was never the point, in other shooters it's the point, please fuck off.

Does this even need explaining.

>I think so
is it worth missing out on the effects they removed from the wii version, like the ice beam charge?

>All these replies
>No one answers OPs question

Yes Wii is free aim. If you buy a bluetooth dongle and a wii controller and nunchuck you can play it the best way possible. Dont listen to these "it isnt a shooter" fags.

>Does this even need explaining.
Doesn't the existance of this thread heavily imply 'Yes'?

Do it, and hock that shit on here in hopes that I'll see it because I'll be interested.
>does this even need explaining
Considering there are people who think Metroid Prime sucks, yes.

it isnt a shooter

>is the wii version more fun with it's free aim
>yes it's free aim
Reading comprehension.
>he thinks Metroid Prime is an FPS
Kill yourself and your mother.

>Engage everything with a gun like object
>Not a shooter

Its just not a fast paced raction based shooter, but a shooter all the same. So you solve a puzzle or two with your gun, big deal. This isnt portal where there is no use for it looking like a gun aside from its aesthetic. This is just nintendo fanbase autism at its most incomprehensible.

Honestly, since such a huge part of the Prime games is their pitch-perfect aesthetic, the loss of that does kinda hurt. But the Trilogy is still an incredible amount of fun. Also, Spring Ball makes Spider Guardian way the hell more palatable.

Portal is much closer to the definition of a FPS than Metroid Prime is.

I love both games, btw

I guess you're correct on that level, it just seems obvious to anyone who's played the game that it's all about exploration and soaking in the world, you travel between the same locations multiple times and learn the layouts quite well, you spend time reading the lore and scanning the debris, even enemies are designed more around players perception and puzzle solving abilities and less around your ability to aim and react quickly, it just seems blatantly obvious to the point where OP is a baitist.

Aren't those people in general hipstists? or those strange 2d purists.

guess what, its still all those things, but now you can free aim. Go back to your copy of melee my friend

Except your gun exists both as a tool and a weapon, and this has always been a strong point of Metroid and one of the things too many people get wrong when copying the formula.

>having the gall to post this on the Nintendo echo chamber board
Don't you know, OP? Every Nintendo game is an absolute flawless masterpiece and anyone who says otherwise should be banned.
Fact of the matter is Prime's gameplay was very spotty but I can already hear the squealing white knights on their way

And one of the things Guacamelee got so very right.

Well, I disagree, but I respect your opinion. I thought Prime had very well-considered gameplay for its structure, but honestly, I can see how the slower pace and how this plays into the combat could rub people the wrong way.

If I find that Guacamelee doesn't adhere perfectly to Metroid I will personally kill you.

Metroid Prime is an FPS. Prime 2 even has a fucking Multplayer mode for crying out loud. The controls are unorthodox, but it's an FPS.

I hate this stupid argument. Shooting skill isn't the point in all FPS. Look at the original Doom.
>Shooting things is easy, so combat is less about aiming, more about avoiding attacks and using the room to your advantage
>Game is more about solving puzzles and finding ways to open blocked off areas
>There's no regenerating life, so juggling resources is important

Metroid Prime is pretty much the logical conclusion to "What if Doom was a Metroidvania, and had a control scheme that worked better on consoles", which is why it's such a good game. D44M borrowed a bunch of level design concepts from Metroid Prime, and almost feels like an improved version of Metroid Prime 3 with a Doom skin, and PC shooting mechanics instead of motion controls.

Metroid Prime (2) for the GCN is no FPS, because the games lacks the fundamental gameplay mechanic that defies a FPS game.

>tfw you know you're gonna live.

have you ever considered that the people complaining about auto aim assist on console and the people praising metroid prime are different people

The shooting mechanics are probably the weakest aspect of Prime. Which is why making a game centered around them (Federation Force) was an awful idea.

Is it just me, or is Hive Mecha kind of a bitch with Wiimote controls?

It's not a shooter. It's an adventure game where you also shoot things.

Nah, it's fine. Just learn to keep your aim centered even while locked-on.

It's not, at best you're arguing on semantics, the combat isn't the point of Prime, the combat is the point of Doom, you solve the mazes, not puzzles, mazes in Doom to enter combat, you enter combat in Metroid which in general hybridizes puzzle solving to continue exploring and solving the environmental puzzles, and Nu Doom is nothing like Prime 3, you're conflating shallow similarities to try and say that core design principles are the same, in which case they are not. Doom's lack of aiming skill is entirely due to it's limited and simplistic nature, Quack is a far better more defining FPS more relevant than Doom to where FPS would go and it is nothing like Prime.

>He says on the board with daily anti-Nintendo shitposting threads

I tried to play Axiom Verge which got a lot of praise on it's similarities to Metroid and all it did was Ape Metroid visually, half the fucking abilities were useless and existed as keys and not as tools, so when I hear metroidvania blatantly incorrect fucking term mentioned next to Guacamelee all I can do is think back to Haxiom Verge.

I mean, Guacamelee is a much more combat oriented game, but it uses a lot of Metroid trappings and uses them well. The point I was making is, the special moves you get are at the same time tools to explore and your main means of combat.

>Metroid Prime is an FPS. P
wrong, it's an FPA.
>Prime 2 even has a fucking Multplayer mode for crying out loud.
Did you knew there are many multiplayer games that aren't FPS? Is WoW an FPS for you?
>Metroid Prime is pretty much the logical conclusion to "What if Doom was a Metroidvania, and had a control scheme that worked better on consoles",
Prime is an FPA, not an FPS, you can't compare it with doom.

Please, the only games you can talk about on here are Nintendo games. Any other game is just a shitpost circlejerk because of Nintendrrones shitposting about non-Nintendo games.

That's fine, I want tools and not just keys, a severe fault of Haxiom Verge.

I was always surprised that in spite of the genre being nonexistent Metroid understood this, maybe it was just dumb luck and the limited hardware and input combinations forcing the devs to give gear multiple uses and having them used continuously throughout the game.

>check catalogue
nope.

Deny the truth all you want, Sup Forums has become nothing but a Nintendo echo chamber since the launch of the Switch. There's more Nintendo-based shilling and white knighting on here than anything else, and you're more likely to get banned for saying something negative about Nintendo than you would anyone else.

Why is it so surprising that the best console is getting a lot of talk here.

Just kill yourself faggot.

the game that singlehandedly killed a franchise and caused a divide like none other seen before.

Fuck haloid.

>best console
All the modern consoles are shit, and for different reasons. Nintendo is no an exception, as much as you worship them
Hell gaming in general is in a pretty shitty spot
You first, nigger

>killed a franchise
You're thinking of Other M.
>caused a divide
People are stupid. That's not the game's fault.

A Shining light in the dark, truly gods gift to gaming.

>Deny the truth all you want, Sup Forums has become nothing but a Nintendo echo chamber
>check the catalogue again
You are the one in denial bru. Nintendo games are just topics among other.

Other M is 2.5D just like Samus Returns.

Primeshit is a halo reskin and nintendo desperately trying to stay relevant to the FPS gen.

(You)

(You)

>people shit on console shooters for having generous aim assist
>Retro knows this and tries not to make a real shooter, but a different game with some shooter elements
>user gets mad because his little brain cannot fit the game into a very specific archetype

>What if Doom was a Metroidvania
Considering Prime has no RPG elements it's not a Metroidvania, just a Metroid game.

Fuck off primefag

>several hundred years in the future
>mankind has fucking spacesuits with a bildin handcannon
>"WAH, WHY CAN SHE LOCK ON ENEMIES?"
you are probably one of those kids who complained about the Smartpistol in Titanfall too

This.

Don't you have a Samus Returns shill thread to post in?

>Other M is 2.5D
NO IT FUCKING IS NOT, YOU FUCKING MORON! WILL YOU FUCKING STOP CALLING OTHER M THAT?

Other M is a full 3D game with a 3rd person perspective. It simply lack camera control and thta's it. Not that it is a problem as you have never any issue seeing this piece of shit clearly.

>calling other m 2.5D
>calling prime halo reskin
It's like you enjoy being wrong.

The only divide is from people still butthurt or baiting about Prime lmao

>haloidbabbys

you have to be 18 to post here.

>and caused a divide like none other seen before.
It didn't. Most people who enjoy 2D metroid also enjoy the Prime series.

Lying on the internet is a gay thing to do user.

I got the game a month ago, and just didn't get into it just played it for some hours and dropped it

Go away Dobson.

I'm sorry but I'm wholly representative of all the 2d fans and there is literally not a single person that enjoys Prime and 2d Metroid, these 2 demographics are mutually exclusive.

lmao

>user there
>doesn't talk about halo
>get called haloid baby
?

>expecting logic from user who's baiting for attention

It's true.
strawpoll.me/13850100

>primefags fall for the same bait every time with zero effort

sad

This, you fucking retarded fpskids rightfully earned your nickname.

I dont know what worse
The idiot who keeps pretending to be an idiot or the idiots who keep falling for it and getting bad at it

>I-I was only pretending to be retarded! HAHAHAHAHA

That's enough for you, now. You've had too much already.

>He actually thinks there's any dignity in acting like Dobson just because it's le epic bait
You played yourself.

>it's all samefag! SAMEFAG!!!!! ;_;

Yep. Not sure if you can stretch the UI but I don't like it blurry anyway. There aren't any polygon culling issues.

I liked Axiom Verge's art style and loved its music, but the rest was kind of crap and I doubt I'll ever replay it

You can also get trilogy who is natiurally in widescreen.

Yeah, auto-aim is just part of Samus' arsenal, he is expected to be more advanced than others. The real question is why Advance Warfare doesn't have legit auto-aim.

I'm sure if the gamecube had a proper dual analog setup like PS2/Xbox Hueg, Prime would have had free aiming.

Surely Corruption is the biggest indication of this; The first Prime game they developed on a console with the means to facilitate free aiming...and surprise surprise, they develop a game with free aiming

Why do people get so up in arms about a genre being applied to a particular game? I've only ever seen it about Metroid Prime, too. I can understand both sides of the argument and personally think it's very easy to see why someone would classify it as an FPS. Regardless, a genre classification won't change the game, so why does it actually bother people so much?

>mankind has fucking spacesuits
Mankind didn't make the Powe-
>with a bildin handcannon
>bildin
What the fuck?

You had me baited until
>he

Man, I really hope Prime 4 controls well. I know it's not Retro and I'm a bit skeptical about a JP dev making a first person game, but BotW and Splatoon both make really great use of the gyro to aim so I can really see it going either way.

People will look at the game differently and try to play it differently when they think of it as an FPS. The game isn't all about shooting enemies. It's about exploring environments, finding secrets, solving puzzles, even solving some mysteries, whereas your typical FPS is almost entirely about the shooting. If you think of it purely as a game where you shoot enemies you're doing it all wrong, so of course you're going to think it's bad.

it will 100% be gyro aim

Good.

That game is epic!