What will be GOTY 2018?

What will be GOTY 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_CrMIsDTKM
boards.fireden.net/v/search/tripcode/!!zcFZLXRSEqn/page/10/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Knack 2

Seriously though, who actually played the first game and who wanted a second game. What do you even do it it.

DQ 11
Its a game for children, they love that knack shit. we wont understand the appeal

>who wanted a second game

Mark Cerny, apparently.

>games released in 2017 will be goty 2018

I can already tell you that Spiderman and GoW are going to be mediocre to shit and will be forgotten a year after they release. RDR2 and DS at least have a shot at possibly being GOTY.

Red Dead 2 if they actually stay clear from the GTA5 casual cancer.

>red dead
>death stranding
>2018
oh I'm laughing

When people make these kind of the threads are they asking what you think will win multiple GOTY awards or which game do you, personally, think will be the overall best game of the year.

Because they're both completely different.

Bannerlord

RDR 2, its not even up for debate

spider man will be insipid arkham shite and dad of war will be last of us with worse writing and characters. death stranding wont make 2018.

SONY
ALWAYS
WIN

I bet on Spider-Man but I'm excited for 13 sentinels as well
Knack II is very different. Played the demo, it has more focus on combat moves and it runs at a much more fluid frame rate. I'm willing to admit it ran at 60fps stable on ps4pro

>or which game do you, personally, think will be the overall best game of the year.
That one.

At this point I'm more excited for Kingdom Come.

>death stranding
>2018

haha
HAHAHA

RDR2 might miss 2018 as well

DEATH STRANDING delayed til 2020

I would say EDF5 buts there is still not western release date.

There's no way it won't be Red Dead Redemption 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_CrMIsDTKM

The devs of Mafia 1-2 are making this.

If it's casual garbage like GTA5 instead of the comfy RDR, it won't be my GOTY atleast. Or if they ruin the online with tons of microtransactions instead of just letting us be in a sandbox to experiment in.

A C E COMBAT 7

RDR2. Death Stranding will be delayed to July 2019 then slip to September. Screencap this post.

>Generic spiderman with more QTEs than Asura's Wrath
>A Western that no one plays
>Raise your wife's son sim
>Le ebin ruse game
Ace Combat 7 will be GOTY 2018

You sound genuinely retarded. I bet your life sucks arse too.

How can one man be so assblasted that Red Dead is already guaranteed GOTY over his weeb arcade flight game?

Probably won't even be my game of the year, but it's easily the one I'm most pumped for. It's the game I've wanted since I was a lad.

Spidey. God of War. DS
>cinematic trash
RDR2 might be interesting but only if Rockstar actually bothered with gameplay this time around which is doubtful. They're easily the most overrated dev in the industry. I'd go with Kingdom Come or Bannerlord, unless Nintendo comes out with some godlike game but who knows

t. neogaf false-flagging as Sup Forums
ac fag you?

Pathologic 2

Retro Studios upcoming game

Travis Strikes again

wait what was GOTY 2017? I don't even remember anything of note coming out this year

BOTW

>giving a wanking toss about RD

Breath of the Wilde.

Fuck i remember the E3 2016

>Sony shows all these games
>People flip their shit
>E3 2017
>Sony shows the same fucking games again

this

we've had five GOTY's so far, will probably hit eight by the end of the year

God of War is the most likely to win out of those four because its only competition is Spider Man. I don't believe even for a second that RDR2 or Death Stranding is coming out in 2018.

RDR2 was delayed from a planned release this year, it's coming out this year, neither Spiderman or God of War look like contenders for Goty.

Nothing Else Comes Close!

I mean it's coming out next year, doubtful of another significant delay when the studio already thought it would be ready by this year.

God of War
Spiderman
Detroit Become Human
Days Gone
Dreams
Shadow of the Colossus
Wild

Everything else is irrelevant

>one of the best years in gaming
>I don't even remember anything of note coming out this year

I'm hoping 13 Sentinels will release that soon. There isn't much else on the horizon I'm that excited for.

Nier Automata

Not that poster but what came out this year?

>Breath of the Wild
>Persona 5
>Yakuza 0/Kiwami
>ME: Andromeda

I can't remember anything else desu

>tfw there hasn't been 12 sentential news in ages

fuug mayne

Ys VIII

boards.fireden.net/v/search/tripcode/!!zcFZLXRSEqn/page/10/

Did you seriously put God of War, Spiderman and Death Stranding in as potential GOTY candidates?

All of the developers behind them are now awful.

nier automata (my GOTY)
gravity rush 2
prey
FE echoes
resident evil VII
nioh

you're obsessed, you know this?

Definitely not QTEman

>weeb who can acknowledge Prey was good
You, I like you guy.

Deep Down

;_;

Sorry user, maybe you should give me your phone number so I can make sure to talk with you about this and take your special snowflake opinion into consideration.

Fuck, that retard is still here? I thought he killed himself ages ago.

The only game on there that may actually be interesting is Death Stranding, but it's far more likely it will be pretentious crap without solid gameplay.

Nier: Automata, Hollow Knight, and Prey

Reminder that it was Dragon's Dogma 2 and DD:DA sold too poorly for it to continue development.

Glad im not the only one who thinks that with the picture. I had a shit ton of ps1-2 games, and now on 4 I had 3 and sold those :|

It's a retarded image. It doesn't even have Bloodborne.

There was also Horizon Zero Dawn, Prey, Resident Evil 7, Nier Automata, Nioh, Torment Tides of Numenera, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Splatoon 2, For Honor and Uncharted the Lost Legacy.

Going forward there is CoD WW2, Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Origins, Cuphead and Middle Earth Shadow of War.

Not expecting much from any of them. Just a bunch of safe sequels.

None of those.

>hurr i'm a rdr fanboy so epic

rockstar is awful now as well, faggot

>death stranding
>2018

hahahaha

>you'll never look at awful as Gladium

Yeah because everyone loved Insomniac Games, Sie Santa Monica Studios and Kojima Productions latest games. They were all amazing and well received.

Except they weren't.

Rockstar is getting worse too but their track record is more stable than what Insomniac in particular has been dishing out lately.

Insomniac has been fine. Sunset Overdrive was good. MGSV was also good mechanically. It did tons of things no other open-world game managed. Only the story was shit. Santa Monica hasn't released a game in ages so I don't know what's your beef with them.

Stable, but unengaging. There's nothing of value in recent Rockstar games as games.

Is it true it only runs 30fps?

>Sunset Overdrive was good.
Even today, that game is still too slow.

on consoles maybe

Hold on, you can get it on PC?

Welcome to 5 months ago

Monhun.

It's 60 fps but dives down to the 30s because they needed pretty clouds and foliage.

God of War and Death stranding are the only ones that have any potential of being good

>Spider-Man reduced to a shitty Arkham clone
>RDR2 will likely follow GTAV with a half-assed campaign followed by cash shop fueled MP
>"10,000 Gold Bars ($49.99) needed to begin mission!"

God of War has zero potential to be good.

shieeeet

all of those will be mediocre

So do most of you only play shitty AAA games? Is Asscreed you most anticipated game of the year?

1-3 were great, ascension was meh.

It's going to be the reboot nobody knew they wanted like RE7 at best, or just a better version of Lords of the Fallen at worst (with more cinematics)

At the very least it'll be a complete game unlike RDR2. GTAV is a fucking mess

>It's going to be the reboot nobody knew they wanted
>the last of us clone
I'm sure casuals are going to love it

from what i hear this is gonna have that same always online shit that gta5 has? is their any reason to get this on pc if i cant mod it (besides obvious graphics)?

Prime 4, obviously.

Casuals will flock to Spider-man unless they somehow catch on to the fact that the combat is a blatant reskin of Arkham. Holy fuck was I disappointed.

>spend weeks getting hype for gameplay footage
>hopes dashed in an instant

I hadn't been so let down since the Ryse announcement

All 4 of the games in the op are casual as fuck though.

Its a God of War that doesn't play like God of War, so no.

I still dream about a PC port of Dragon's Dogma.
It's the only game I really miss from my PS3.

I had a blast with Odin Sphere Leifthrasir recently and really miss that feeling of retro-ish game done the right way.
I loved what Vanillaware is doing with their video-games. Always a strong art direction, great story-telling...

me want aegis 13 now

Dragon's Crown *.
I already have the other one.

That would be nice, it's annoying having to hook my ps3 up when I want to play it. On topic though I don't get the excitment for RDR2, the first was fine but it was just a fucking gta game and I got sick of those around andreas.

Not web boy or man o battle.
horse gta or naked baby game might