Does Sup Forums play sports games?

Some of them can actually be very deep from a competitive standpoint. It's honestly hard to find a game with more user-controlled variables than the Madden series.

Webm related, one of the rare occurrences where the defending user couldn't really dictate the outcome

Did they make any real changes to the connected franchise mode or did all of their work go into that story mode?

thats kinda neat i guess. i havent played a madden game in nearly a decade

Sports games are even lower than CoD on the normie scale according to Sup Forums so you'll never see any discussion ever outside of Rocket League or an occasional NBA Jam thread.

There's a "simple" mode but most of the work very clearly went into Madden Ultimate Team

Of course it did since they make extra money from that.

Nope. Only normies can play and enjoy sports games. I've tried many times to get into them

That's not exactly true. WWE threads are fairly popular when they come up, Racing games (if they count) will always be popular, and there was some discussion over NBA back when did that Humble Bundle. But console exclusive games like Madden are pretty much the polar opposite of the Sup Forums gaming demographic. Funnlly enough, Football Manager is about as PC exclusive as a game can get, but is also the polar opposite of Sup Forums's tastes.

used to play PES and NBA games when I could keep up with who was on which team and all that

but honestly the absolute most fun I had with sports games was SSX Tricky and NBA Street 1&2

>PS+
>Get NBA2K16
>No tutorial
>I have no clue about Basketball
>I have to pick a positioni want to play
>I have no idea what a center is or ll the other positions
>Play the game 20 hours
>Be shit
>Dont have the time to teach myself all the shit

Thtas the problem for me desu

I think basketball is more complicated than American football is at least

I only play arcadet sports games like the EA BIG series or Mario Tennis

I play Madden a lot. No other game makes me rage as much.

I don't give a shit about watching most sports but I enjoy the video games. I buy a different one each year. I tend to stick with offline career/season mode stuff and avoid the online modes.

Madden gets a bad wrap but it's actually been a fantastic game for the past two years or so

Thinking about buying a racing wheel for F1. Never knew they were so expensive. Is that thrustmaster 300rs the best I could get for the PS4. It's like 400 fucking dollars.

Eh. Don't really like sports so I've never really played them.

Pirated one of the FIFAs or PESs a year ago and started playing the career modes but fucking god they drag. Felt like I was playing the damn thing real time.

Oh. I do actually quite like Blades of Steel but that's mostly just because of nostalgia.

yeah i love sports games but my friends do too. so i talk with them about it. no urge to talk about sports games here. only here to talk about games thats arent normie friendly

>got an internship for the summer and had to stay somewhere
>got some roommates
>they had the most normie taste in games I have ever seen
>Xbone
>majority of their library are sports games and console FPS
>they happily own a subscription to EA Access
>they have an honest to god physical copy of Farming Simulator
>play Forza with them since that's the only """"sport"""" I care about
>they unironically go for the Monster vape stance nation Bugatti pleb type of cars
It was like stepping into a bizarro world, and it's even weirder to think about how these are the vast majority of gamers out there.

me and by best bud used to come to my house during our lunch at school and play madden 13.
I don't think either of us actually liked it, although he was a big fan of sports game being the normie he is. We both just loved playing it for how broken and stupid it was. Models were ugly, players could run through walls and out of the stadium, and the AI was incredibly stupid.
We made a character named sergeant wagger (abbreviated to S. Wagger) who was a 7 foot tall black man weighing 400 pounds, with a single barred helmet 1940's styled helmet, tiny baby arms, and massive tree trunk legs. He was the fasting runningback in the history of NFL. The New England Patriots won 4 superbowls (which we had renamed the supercup, and had imagined it as a giant silver sippycup as we are canadian and like to make fun of the Americans shittylooking trophies) by only ever running HB dives for 4 years in a row. wagger usually ran about 1000 yards a game. He would often run down the width of the endzone right before his touchdown and watch the retarded AI follow in a single-line congo right behind him.

being a normie is weird

Maybe

>"I play on Rookie"

>physical copy of Farming Simulator
Ironically, of course.

we were on whichever difficulty was below the highest one. I don't remember if that is medium or if there are 4 difficulties. But I know it wasn't on rookie.

BRING MADDEN TO PC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stopped playing when they decided to focus on consoles, around 2006

>That attention to detail to the rules

Madden has its glitches but that's pretty slick that he wasn't ruled down

The only I had fun playing was one of those NHL games on ps1. Shame I never got into hockey. Looks fun to watch.

Sports games can be really fucking fun, but I mostly avoid the new ones because there's no longer any actual competition due to exclusivity contracts, so there's no actual incentive for them to be great.

I used play EA's NHL games mid 00's, they were really great

I-I'm a chad now right?