Why have third-parties devs so soundly rejected the Switch?

Why have third-parties devs so soundly rejected the Switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dT_zqdOW7NA
youtube.com/watch?v=LvSOOrAPk-U
youtube.com/watch?v=LE_mX127FdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are Sony shills so desperate to create propaganda about Nintendo's failure? If it were truth, you should be sitting back and relaxing, and yet all you guys do is spam alternative facts on the internet.

It's been that way since N64. But they are starting to try at least. For example the new NBA2k game has almost exact parity with it's PS4/Xbone counterpart with the only difference being 30fps vs 60fps.

How are any of these headlines anything but factual?

>alternative facts
There's this river in Egypt you should be aware off user.

>"no hearthstone to the nintendo switch"
I thought Actiblizzard were jews

It's Wii U all over again.

Because it is an incredibly underpowered console and developers don't want to have to downgrade their games. It's for the best.

>no South Park
This one doesn't actually make sense. It'd be a great Switch title.

The Damietta river? The Rosetta River?

nintendo consoles are too different to develop for compared to sony/microsoft stuff which is basically watered down PCs
it doesn't help that nintendo always puts big weaknesses into their own systems (like how some games on the switch will need external memory because the switch only has 32 gigabytes of memory, less than the xbox 360 I bought almost a decade ago)
in addition to that, nintendo is well known for treating third party devs (especially western devs) like shit, so why would anyone bother?

>No, X is not X

I want to purge anybody who does that buzzfeed tier shit.

Oh no, how will I ever will I live without fucking CARS 2? Just look at all that trash no one wants in the first place, who wants that shit when just one game can give infinitely more entertainment? Fuck off.

Why are people expecting PS4/Xbone games to be on a handheld just because it's bigger than usual? I don't get it.

>runs like trash
>online on Switch is terrible
>cartridge can barely hold 32 gigs
>Nintendo forgot to send out Dev kits yet again

Probably because it's annoying to develop/downgrade for and is viewed as not being worth all that effort only to hear the Switch players whine about "shitty ports" and not buying them.

I mean you get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo exclusives, not 3rd party games.

nintendo told them they don't want the devs' trashy games on their system

because nintendo makes toys, not actual products

Yeah dude

*wahoooo*

Who the hell wants a racing simulator?

*throws RNG banana*

We got superior Mario Kart!

*jerks it to crossdressing Link*

Not a Sonyfag but they probably just enjoy laughing at you Nintendo cocksuckers. I know I do.

Except there are a bunch of articles confirming FFXV for Switch, with a recent article saying they were trying to get Luminous going for it or port it to UE4.

Also, P5 and MHW are silly to include there, the former is a Sony exclusive and the latter is rumored to have been paid not to be on Switch.

Rest is valid, but I think it's too early to call it a day on 3rd party support for Switch

Many developers who worked with Wii U said it was one of the hardest consoles to develope game on, so most of them just said no to Wii U. I feel Switch is similar in that manner so it will be the same situation as it was with Wii U. Don't you remember how Wii U lineup came up, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Batman AC, etc. Couple months later third parties said we will be not doing Wii U.

Project CARS is fucking shit and the original was a scam.
Forza and GT are leagues ahead, but then again both are Sony/MS IPs

>but sony!
Why nintendodrones so obsessed with sony fanboys?

>Except there are a bunch of articles confirming FFXV for Switch
It's going to be a port of the mobile version. FFXV as is barely runs on the PS4. It will never be playable on the Switch. And they sure as hell won't port the whole game to a whole new engine just to make a switch version.

I, too, am not associated with sony but I agree that Sony and those who prefer sony products such as the playstation 4 are truly the greatest people on earth, fellow independent 3rd party observer. And again, while completely not associated with sony, might I just add, 4 the players!

like clockwork

>Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Batman AC
why would you port these games to a nintendo console anyway? the fanbase only wants bright and colorful children's stories

Most devs have been saying Switch is pretty easy to develop for, plus it can run UE4 which pretty much means it can support the engine of every AAA modern game that's not EA.

Not that it matters much, if the switch sells well it'll get support regardless like the DS/3DS before it, and if it has low softwate attach rate we'll have another wii

Due to the architecture a more optimized port of the real FFXV is much more possible for it to have better performance on Switch than it did on PS4

Devs are saying the Switch is easy to work for tho

They already said no, the mobile version is literally a whole different game that doesn't even have controller support

What the hell are you even saying? A game custom-built for PS4 could barely run it at steady 30 fps. What makes you think a port to a much, much inferior hardware is going to result in? Open-world is way too taxing for Switch unless you go the BoTW route of stylization to avoid taxing textures and lightning.

At least they still have Monster Hunter.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Why aren't all those games that have been in development for 4+ years come to the 6 months old switch

Gee I wonder

You're underestimating the scalability of modern game engines. If the PC port can be downgraded to run on weaker PCs, then it comes to reason for it to run on Switch.
Also remember that PS360 ran a bunch of open world games, including MGSV, despite being weaker than Switch.

>being this mad

fucking hell, if the Switch was exclusively a portable I guarantee these articles wouldn't exist
the sooner everyone stops expecting big budget console games on the Switch, the better

It's not.

It's 2017 and we somehow don't have a mobile device that can play these games, even if it looks subpar compared to the home console versions
fuck this timeline

>Why are all the games confirmed to be in production long beforr switch proved to be "massively" popular are suddenly not on the platform those big AAA devs thought will fail are suddenly not on Switch as well.

Just buy another console man. It costs ½ the price of a decent GPU on PC anyway.

Switch probably can, devs just don't want to downgrade and sacrifice muh realism.
The switch is about as good as it gets for commercially viable strong handhelds, so there's not much to do about it.

Literally the first post in and already the Nintendo Defense Force is here in full force.
When will this board stop being nothing but a glorified Nintendo echo chamber?

>Project Cars 2
Anyone remember the bullshit they pulled with the first game?
>Stretch goal for Wii U version
>constant developer updates on how great the Wii U version looks and how great it's coming along
>cancel it out of nowhere
>"lul we never promised anything"
It's no shock the Wii U couldn't run it, but why did they have to outright lie?

Switch is the strongest handheld gaming system out there, and it's just like 1.5 more powerful than a Wii U.

We're still some years away from PS4 power on the go. Maybe 2022 or so.

Even worse, they promised that they'll make it up by releasing it on Nintendo's next console.
I couldn't give two fucks about 3rd party support but don't fucking scam your backers out of a stretch goal and then pretend it never happened.

Nintenfriends and Sonypals are getting along great, Xcuck. It's the likes of you false-flagging and shitposting we can have less of.

That's why i think the whole "hybrid" thing is just stupid they should've made a portable console the size of a 3dsXL that also plugs in the tv and can get better resolution, and be clear about it in their communication not just throw "it's console and a handheld at the same time" it creates a clusterfuck in terms of communication.

Under powered console, overpriced handheld. When a new game comes out, ask yourself, is it graphic/processing intensive? If the answer is yes, then most likely it's not coming too switch.

Nintendo does have third party support, what they don't have is the appropriate environment for it's user base to enjoy the same games as the competition.

>inb4 another
I'm not. I've had Nintendo consoles mostly, up to the wiiu. I currently have ps4 & 3ds and so far I've yet to see a good reason to buy a switch. I took a risk with the wiiu that didn't pay off, I'm guessing it's the same with most devs and people against the switch

I mean, is it really that surprising?

>It's certainly not zero
Oh wow it's like they basically confirmed the port right there

You call the thing overpriced and I still can't find one to buy anywhere.
Fuck Nintendo and their stock issues, but I don't think sales are a problem for them right now

It's a fucking handheld
What were you expecting?
To be as strong as a PS4?

It's way too overpriced and bulky for a handheld.

It's funny that people used this as a 100% confirmation for the mobile game, but if a dev said these exact words for an actual current gen game people here would be like "it's just PR talk, never gonna happen"

Because it's not powerful enough.
O B S E S S E D

I forgot the infinite implicit pity that one is meant to have to Nintendo products.

The 3DS was $250 at launch and it was a much worse system relatively.

It's barely bigger than the 3DS XL and tech analysts have already disassembled the thing to determine it costs around 270$ to produce, so no, it's not overpriced

The 3DS also got a price drop fairly quickly because it was overpriced as fuck.

I do agree that anyone who bought a non-New 3DS got scammed. All handhelds should have dual sticks. No exceptions.

>no third party gaems noooooo
a system should not need to rely on third party games in order to be successful, which is why ultimately the PS4 is terrible.

i'm laffin

It got a price cut because it was overpriced because the system was a piece of shit and no one was buying it.

Switch is $300 and no one gives a fuck. Shit is selling regardless because $300 for handheld with such specs isn't a scam.

Real talk, it's because nintendo is it's own ecosystem. Sony, xbox and PC all share most games, with a few exclusives (or none for xbox lol) to set them apart. Most normalfags will have either a PC, PS4, or xbone, and also they don't really care about nintendo, their fanbase is kind of weirdly set apart from everything else.

Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind in every Switch discussion.
>undepowered
>what the fuck you want, it's a handheld
>game costs $60
>that's normal for console game
>look at how bad stuff looks compared to $other_same_gen_consoles
>but it's portable

>i_was_only_pretending

Switch is both a console and a handheld, so all those criticisms apply.

It's over priced based on it's utility. For $400 you get a bulky handheld and a shotty console. While I'm sure you can find better deals somewhere else, for the same amount you can get a decent console and an extra game. It's not the actual price, it's the value you get out of it.

The switch looks great on paper, but we've seen that the quality of games is just not the same as the competition or pc gaming

>Most normalfags will have either a PC, PS4, or xbone, and also they don't really care about nintendo, their fanbase is kind of weirdly set apart

>normalfags having a PC
>normalfags dont really care about nintendo

did you hit your head on something?

nintendo is still the #1 normalfag company out there. you must be really fucking delusional to think otherwise.

>le bulky
PSP and Vita are way bulkier than the Switch and no one complains.

>normalfags having a PC
Go look up the sales of PUBG on Steam.

Compare with the biggest shooter on Nintendo.

Nintendo still has a lot of power over kids and female gamers but the real shit these days is on PC and PS4. PC is the biggest platform in terms of players. Steam alone has more monthly active users than the best sold Nintendo console.

>nintendo is still the #1 normalfag company out there. you must be really fucking delusional to think otherwise.
It isn't the 90s anymore user, check your calendar.

400$? Where does it cost 400$?

>The switch looks great on paper, but we've seen that the quality of games is just not the same as the competition or pc gaming
What do you mean, i'm seeing a lot of quality titles with even 1 (possibly 2 with Odissey) GOTY contender. Or does a game need to play at 4k for you to consider it a quality title?

You're either baiting, retarded or living on a different dimension. First party attract possible new user base, third party retains it and extends the console's life

That's why I said weirdly set apart, there are plenty of normalfags who have a nintendo, but they ONLY have a nintendo console, won't ever bother with the other three.
And you would be surprised, PC gaming is popular as shit, but it's just assfaggots on laptops.

Why are nintendo fags so fucking delusional ?

Whats up with the indies on Switch?

>Hoping the Switch will get a bunch of indies on Steam so I can play them comfortably
>Only get a handful of the most popular indie titles but for four times the price of the PC version and have less content
>Rest are 'literally who' titles

nogames

Right, the Gameboy line sucks. Not even one analog stick? Seriously?

People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Yeah fag just ignore the fact that those games were in 2D.

youtu.be/dT_zqdOW7NA
This is a video comparison. No handheld is as cumbersome as the switch. Yes, joycons detach, but it's still a lot of space for just 1 device.
Quick look at Amazon, I see ~$370.
As for quality, I should have said the third party support it does get is not of the same quality even as Nintendo's. They look pretty, but it's not everyone's cup of tea not is it as varied as the options you get with almost everyone else.

Yet they beg for 3rd parties and other consoles games

>All handhelds should have dual sticks. No exceptions.
??

>ngms
What did he mean by this?

Bad hardware.

What you see on Amazon isn't always the retail price

youtube.com/watch?v=LvSOOrAPk-U

Several reasons:
>shitty retarded underpowered mobile hardware
>nintenbaby's not buying anything but nintendo games
>nintendo being a shit company to work with
>games forced to being more expensive
But oh well Nintenbabies are happy jerking their little dicks to zelda every 10 years and they'll continue supporting nintendo as long as they live

And PC is just as irrelevant now as it was then.

Here's the future:

>Nintendo keep doing what they do and thriving because they're an entity all to themselves

>a vocal minority on Sup Forums cry about it

>uploaded 9 years ago
I remember posting his videos in console wars threads all the way back then

Porting to switch isn't a simple downgrade once thing. They have to downgrade twice. The first just to run it on normal switch, and then again to make sure it runs on handheld. That's too much work and testing especially on companies with more than 1 game.

More like:
>nintendo keeps selling the same games to the same people every generation but adds DLC-toys, microtransactions and other cancerous shit to stay alive

why the fuck would I want any of those game on my switch when I all ready have a pc that will play all those games in 4k 144 fps with hdr 10?

youtube.com/watch?v=LE_mX127FdA

What you video shows is that its roughly the same size as everything but the microhandhelds.

Because its an under powered console that doesn't even meet current gen specs, just like every Nintendo console since the Wii.

>It's not okay when Nintendo does it!

To play them on the go? Wasn't that the whole point of the switch?
>4k 144 fps
Yeah sure lmao