Finally decide to get a switch

>Finally decide to get a switch
>Go to friendly neighborhood Gamestop
>Wait in line as niggers get madden 2017 for xbox and spics get Fifa 2017 for ps
>Finally my turn
>"How can I help you?"
>"Do you have any Nintendo Switches in stock?"
>"Yeah last one!"
>"Great I'll take it and Fate/Extella"
>"Oh sorry sir you have to buy at least $400 worth of Nintendo products including the switch otherwise we can't sell it to you."
>"What why?"
>"Nintendo wants to crack down on people buying consoles just to resell"
>Nope that's retarded. I guess I'm not getting a switch.
Where do these slant eyed gooks get off not letting me buy a product unless I get other stuff with it? Wouldn't it make more sense to make more fucking switches so scalper-bought merch is worthless?
I'd say FUCKING GAMESTOP, but Nintendo is being downright retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-31-gamestop-forced-bundles-are-for-customer-convenience
store.steampowered.com/app/511680/FateEXTELLA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not sure why you would make this up

it wouldn't even make a good thread

>GameStop force people to buy bundles
>"Fucking Nintendo!"

Oh so you're retarded?

It just happened to me today. I'd happily be playing Extella and shitposting in /vg/ if not for that. I had to wait this long because the shit was out of stock and then they pull this shit.
Besides, we've had plenty of FUCKING GAMESTOP and console war threads, newfag.

Don't believe GameStop's lies. They're literally just ripping people off because they know it will sell anyway.

In my city in Florida, Target has a bunch of Switchs, no doubt stocking up for the holidays.

Then don't go to fucking gamesstop you mong.

Are you for fucking real? The ones making you buy more stuff are Gamestop. It's true that may disincentive scalpers from scalping the thing, but Gamestop are the ones forcing you to buy more stuff.
>Wouldn't it make more sense to make more fucking switches
They've had problems producing it. They even publicly apologized and said they're on it.

>not just buying that shit and returning what you don't want to a different Gamestop
Are you retarded?

>we've had plenty of FUCKING GAMESTOP and console war threads
I'm not saying we haven't had those threads before. Just saying that your thread sucks. FUCKING GAMESTOP threads usually includes a joke or something.

It happened in Ft. Lauderdale. But isn't Target and walmart charging $350? Gamestop had it for $300 without the stupid buy more shit rule.
I took it up with the manager and the guy told me there was nothing he could do. It was something Nintendo requested. According to him anyway.

>It was something Nintendo requested.
Sounds legit.

why is the Switch still short, six months after release? i havent been keeping up

Bidwars with Apple over 32 GBs memory chips.

I'm honestly not sure. I'm in Largo myself, and we've just now been getting them in stock.
>Got a Switch a month after release
>Feel like I honestly should have waited until this holiday season or after E3 next year to get one
I mean, I was planning on getting one anyway, but it doesn't help that I don't really have any spending money now. I have $60 and that's it, and I'm honestly not sure whether to get SMO or XC2.

Production will increase before holidays hit,Nintendo already announced it.

Also I'm hispanic and don't play FIFA, and yes I have a switch.

stereotypes exist for a reason, try it maybe you'll like it. Thanks for the holiday heads up.

Stereotypes don't have reasons other than racism and lack of cultural knowledge.

Ill bite. theres no way its nintendo mandating that shit. come on. gameshit is literally doing to you what theyre saying nintendo doesnt want being done to you

Good thread.

How dare you. How fucking dare you.

>usually includes a joke
Well, here you are.

>the joke

It's gamestop's "circle of life" strategy at work, not Nintendo. Gamestop requires individual stores to sell a set percentage per store of gamestop-related revenue. This means Game Informer subs, pre-orders, used games, warranties, etc. New games and new consoles do not count, and are the problem. If a store has a 50% rate for original sales, then for every $300 new console or $60 game sold, gamestop needs to make an equal amount of money on $5-20ish used games and subs. Big console releases and big game release months are the hardest. Stores deliberately do not sell consoles too quickly or their rates become impossible. Some stores last year hid stock of pokemon games until december because it was screwing them. At some point this year though, gamestop employees realized that bundles count as gamestop original revenue, so by slapping a game and some accessories and making it a $400-500 console bundle purchase, all of that revenue goes straight into their rate, which more than balances out their other sales. Because the switch is hot, they expect people will buy the bundles anyways because "at least if I'm paying the scalper rate here, I get more shit on top of the console".

Gamestop blames Nintendo (and likely other companies) for shitty practices. Picking up new releases in my area for anything not top priority usually resulted in my store saying "we didn't get stock, fucking Nintendo". Only to get it in stock the next day when the manager was in. And when their stock only came once a week and that was 3 days before release. I do not trust gamestop to give me the truth given how their company works.

>go to gamestop
>buy a funko pop instead of games
ON A STORMY SEA OF MOVING EMOTION

bretty much this

That sounds illegal.

That's Gamestop policy though Nintendo has nothing to do with it.

I want to fuck Tomoko in the ass

Tomoko is pure.

Pure anal slut.

pure shit

Stop slandering her. She is a very fragile creature.

This is Gamestop, they create bundles for YOUR convenience. Say something nice about them

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-31-gamestop-forced-bundles-are-for-customer-convenience
>"We really try to do a great job of pairing up items with things customers like to buy," Bright told the site. "In the case of the Switch, we know the customer is going to want a way to charge the Joycon, so we often throw in a charging device. We know the Switch has limited memory and customers like to download games, so we'll add a memory stick. And then you need a game itself, because what good is a piece of hardware without a game to play with it? We make it more convenient."

not after I'm done with her

store.steampowered.com/app/511680/FateEXTELLA/

gamestop is a blight on the industry and i am perfectly happy to never buy anything from them ever

>literally denying the very existence of differing cultures and their effects on people
you're sickeningly stupid

Go back to /leftypol/ commie

You're trying too hard, nigger.

i'm ancap, deciding who to buy or not buy from is inherent to free market economics and consumer backlash against bad actors is part of why the system works

>spic level intelligence

>buying Fate Extella

Imagine being this much of a shit eating weeaboo holy shit

You fucks would buy Bubsy 3d if the cat said he loves you

>It's not REAL communism

>capitalism isn't REAL communism
what did he mean by this?

Order it online you stupid piece of shit

>Not available online, please use store tracker to find locations near you.

People are retarded enlugh to go to fucking Gamestop, so they deserve it

Even "high level gamers" like people who post on Sup Forums regularly sell their games to then.
They could be harvesting organs of kids on the floor and people still buy there for some fucking reason

There are million plus one small vidya selling stores who are decent and fair, but people only go to Gamestop or maybe some shithole like EB games who are equally bad

>finally decide to get a Switch
>Go to friendly neighborhood Gamestop
>Go directly to the register because online shopping is killing retail stores
>"How can i help you?"
>"Do you have any Nintendo Switches in stock?"
>"Yeah we have three left"
>exchange legal U.S. tender for Nintendo console
>"Would you like to buy any of these accessories?"
>"No thanks"
>"Okay, enjoy your Switch"
>"You too"

I laughed, top memery goes unnoticed by most

>It was something Nintendo requested. According to him anyway.
Yeah he was definitely bullshitting you.

>"you too"
>implying I say this anymore for this EXACT REASON
I have evolved, okay? I'm on another level buddy.

ebay you brainlet, ebay.

>scalper and damaged systems central
No thank you.

kys

US has quite a lot of anti-customer practices that wouldn't fly in any UE country. Guess who you can thank for Steam introducing refunds?

I bought Wii U games from GS during the 40% off sale. Don't really have any regrets. Plus, the trade 6 get 60% bonus credit is nice when you purposely flip games. Hell, there are some games you can buy from GS and trade back to them and earn more credit

Australia? Just because you dumped prisoners there doesn't make it your country.