Absolver

How the fuck do I counter people spamming light attacks?

>Can't use Absorb because it doesn't stop the combo and it's impossible to absorb several hits in a row without messing up and losing the whole combo
>Can't block because character is constantly stunned
>Can't dodge to the side because all the fast moves are swooping attack that don't care if I dodge left or right
>Can dodge backward (even that doesn't work half the time despite my character having 22 mobility) but then you can't hit the other guy back

You're gonna love Bird Outpost

Which style are you playing as

No, I completed the game already, and I'm around level 30 in pvp, but I've just had a string of defeats because I've been put against players with very fast moves and I don't know how to react.

Not that I don't have fast moves myself but most players are Forsaken or Windfall and they seem to have better way at dealing with combos than me.

Stop being so slow, don't wear any equipment like a true man. 30 mobility is king

Ah Fernando,

How i miss your Manwhoring ways so.

I also miss newgrounds

Kahlt.

If youre a dodger duck, people seem to think duck only dodges high attacks but thats wronge, or use the push back ability its like 1 crystal

What is even the point of absorb? It's like a parry but it doesn't stun the enemy and you take damage when doing it? Is there literally anything that it does better?

You don't need to pick the right direction to make it work.

I still need to get the hang of special moves. So far I've just been relying on dodging and blocking but somehow I get the feeling that even in PVE that's gonna come back to bite me in the ass.

At least it's more reliable then.

And for OP's dilemma, maybe combo starters with focus attack properties?

>Fight someone who is your equal
>Don't have heal
>Lose

Winning a round should put your at least at 75 percent health, it's bullshit that you win a tough fight and starts the next one with maybe half your hp bar.

Haven't tried 1 v 1 PvP yet (I've always been more into co-op than PvP). Does it not restore a portion of your health when you kill your opponent like when you normally kill people?

get some dodge hits in your moveset. or use pushback like said

I don't know shit, but my combos seem to flow alright.
Gimme tips.

It restores a portion, like 50% of it. So if you and a dude were low hp when you won you're severely gimped if you don't have the healing ability.

I don't think I ever saw anyone reliably land that hammer kick attack

Is there a way to improve ability strengths? I've put a fair amount of points into vitality and while the heal ability was pretty useful when I first started it doesn't heal worth shit at this point.

Hmm true, I only pull it out once in a blue moon, its just filling the slot, should probably look into that

Start with fast attacks, use alternates for guard break, Hyper armor and high low moves.

Don't be predictable by spamming the same shit.

Use goldlinks to recover faster when attacking

Learn what each color when the enemy flashes means so you can counter it easily.

You don't use the heal and back off.
You use the heal and go in, while its active you heal more when attacking.

you're already doing really good. Your alt moves are either dodges or stance swaps, and your main moves are a combo. Are you playing windfall? That makes it so you get a free dodge and don't always have to incorporate dodge hits into your deck.

i do all the tiem you just have to alt attack it when your opponent is stunned

the heal ability gives you more health every time you take a hit, you have to land a combo right after you use it to gain more and more health

>I can't fucking wait until they add bostaffs

*make a hit. Not take a hit. You lose the buff if you take a hit.

Ah. that's the problem then. I've basically been using it like an estus flask, i.e. using it between fights and trying to put some distance between me and the enemy while healing.

There isn't a counter but the actual counter ability. The game does next to nothing to punish excessive offense. I mean, I don't expect every fighting game to be perfectly balanced at launch, especially one from people who've never made one before, but some things could have been easily picked up on in testing and fixed and they just weren't. If an extremely long spree of light attacks is loosed then a heavy stamina penalty should accrue, and the problem is solved. That doesn't make slow attacks better, though, I'm not sure how best to tackle that yet.

Yeah I'm windfall, good to know I'm doing ok, felt like my combos flowed well and I could switch things up pretty well without having to manually stance change, but a second opinion is always nice and I wasn't sure if I should be trying to put in more attacks with special properties, although I only got a few so far.

Np dude, I've only been playing a few hours but only realized the heal thing like an hour ago, just saw you glow slightly after using it and thought there must be more to it I wasn't realizing.

Has anyone tried a nude build yet? Kind of curious how a nude absolver character compares to a nude dark souls character in terms of PvP viability

They should make more attacks like Haymaker, charged attacks that don't stop on the first hit.

Attacks come out pretty quick if you hit gold timings well. I cancel lots of my moves and feint a lot, but I haven't learned all the lives I want to to flesh out the deck. I really want a bunch of the stagger moveset since they have a lot of built in dodges and ducks

What's a good places to farm sweeping moves? This is what I'm lacking.

The area right before the arena with the bridges and broken buildings. There are at least 3 sweeps you can find there.

>combo fast attack into slow attack
>enemy fast attack interrupts mid combo

Explain that.

Is the networking still absolutely fucked for anyone outside of America? I kinda wanna' get it but fighting lag ghosts sounds shitty

It's fine here in yurop. No idea about australia.

>his deck has more than 10 moves in it

>his deck has 5 basic punches and predictable as fuck

>Having a deck of pure parry bait

WHY HAVE FUCKING 24 MOBILITY I AM BASICALLY NAKED WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I DODGE ANY FUCKING KICK BY GOING BACKWARD SHIT.

From my understanding, mobility doesn't really effect movement, it just effects how much damage mobility-based attacks do.

So stagger is the hardest stance right? I eat most 90% of people if I play Kahlt, Forbidden, or Windfall. Especially Windfall. With stagger, I only win about 30-60% of the time. I hated stagger so much when I first got it, but now I think I have stockholme syndrome because I don't get as much enjoyment out of winning with anything other than Stagger.

Seriously how the fuck do you deal with someone just spamming wide kicks

Blocking does jack shit because it drains my stamina faster for some fucking reason
Absorbing does jack shit because devs are fucking assholes
Dodging is completely fucking useless no matter the direction

>fast elbow is fast enough to deal with a spammer
>can't use it because any kind of autistic wailing i receive while blocking knocks me out of the stance with it
into the trash this game goes

I land the hammer kick quite a bit actually, you'd be surprised how often you can land it if you bring it out just occasionally. Then you can mind game people with it by fainting it.