Be honest, how good are you at games?

Be honest, how good are you at games?

Slightly above average at FPSs and mediocre at everything else.

Roughly platinum in every pvp game I've played.

Terrible at almost everything. I've come to accept it.

what does it take to not be good at games?

Good enough to beat you

i'm only good at SP games, multiplayer ones always make me choke.

Should I pick this show back up?

I'm the best.

Good enough to be aware that video games were much more enjoyable when I was not good at them.

average across most genres

It's like 12 episodes lmao.

Very fucking good. If theres a game Im not good at, I dont complain. I git gud.

No its shit

Really good at Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
Above average at fighting games.
Average at everything else.

I'm excellent at platformers, racing games, and arcadey shit like Hotline Miami.

I fucking suck at fighters, FPS, and shoot 'em ups.

Shit at any racing/fighting/rhythm/sports games
Average in almost everything else

Fuck you user, it's great
I've even read the fucking novel so I don't have to wait for s2 never ever

My last big achievement: was top 20 in MK9 worldwide 6 months after it came out.

A lot of games nowadays don't offer me a lot of challenge so I don't know how good I am now

When I was 10 I managed to beat a lot of NES games that are considered nowadays impossible or very hard without a guide.

I suck at sports games and rhythm games make my blood pressure rise though

Above decent at fighting games, used to be good at mobas but quit after reaching a personal goal. Shit at FPS' and okay at everything else.

Above average at everything except simulations, sports, RTS, and card games.
I also learn very fast but then I hit a brick wall and others get better than me sooner or later

I think I'm average/above average when it comes to RPGs and Splatoon.
Average with tactical/strategy games and action games.
Mix of bad/average with FPS, MOBAs, rhythm games, shmups, etc.
I love platformers and fighting games, but I'm mostly terrible at them. Especially 2D platformers. The only reason I was able to beat Sonic Mania was because of previous experience with Sonic and trial and error.

I was A- on iccup for a while

This piece of trash gave me PTSD. How do you take a story that should be about how nerds and shut in gamers have valuable skills too and then turn it into the most pathetc masturbatory garbage ever made!?

Good at RTS, FPS, TPS, Racing (both arcade and sim), 3D fighting games (IE with actual movement), and most puzzle games.
Bad at 2D fighters, parkour based platformers.
Biggest problem is I usually pick a genre and play it exclusively for a while then I take a while to readjust to other games again.

i consider myself neither particularly good or particularly bad

i dont spend a lot of time playing games, but i play more than a casual player would

i am perfectly average
maybe even the most average?

shit now
i cant even get past the second mission in xcom 2
im sure i was better than that 5 years a go

8/10 at anything I play except for RTS. I really struggle to elevate myself to the very top though.

I'm fucking terrible but I'm decent at Tekken so I'm satisfied.

Completely shit at RTS. God at FPS. Monster at MOBA.

Above average at every genre since I don't commit to any specific game or genre and just play everything.

Ridiculously good at FPS/Rocket League
Average at most
Shit at RTS

Decent in platformers, rpg's, and fps games, but below average for everything else unless i take the time to learn the mechanics and practice

Pretty bad at FPS. Mediocre at most everything else.
I'm really fucking good at watch dogs though.

Really good at racing, arcade or sim. Good at rhythm games, average at pretty much everything else, awful at PVP shooters because my aiming spazzes out.

Better than all my friends. Just barely above average in most games I play, at least in competitive

I am quite good at fighting games, specifically 3rd strike that's about it

depends on game, but I am ok

I'm pretty good at fighting, but that's probably because I'm pretty passionate about it. I've taken rounds off of good players like FChamp. I'm good at stylish action like DMC. I'm good at RTS. Average at everything else but absolutely dogshit at racing.

I'm only good at Jrpgs.

im pretty terrible
died over 150 times on my rf character in poe so far

Masterful with RPGs, Racing, and Stealth games
Above average with everything else besides Bullet Hells and Fighting Games. I'm terrible at those

Poor. My skills have atrophied considerably after years of trolling Sup Forums instead of playing games.

Fast learner, but I hit my plateau early, ranging from below average to good depending on the genre with only a few exceptions.
I'm best at Racing and worst at FPS. I beat experienced Racers in their own game that I've never played before without breaking a sweat, but god damn I can not aim for anything.
My friends would say I'm good at fighting games but I'm actually below average, I have no peers to train with, and unlike working for fastest time in a racer to git gud, you can work on your combo's all year and have it down frame perfect but never get the chance to do it because you can't get an opening.

Working 6 days a week and sleeping for 12 hours a day because muh depression has weakened my powers.
None of you care, though.

I am generally good but that's it. There are some where I'd like to be much better (namely Dota 2 and Pubg), but no matter how many hours I pump in I never seem to be anything but slightly above average.

I'm about as close as one can get to a video game god

> I have won tetris
>I'm banned from most FPS servers for "aim-botting"
>Puzzle games? Usually finish those games within an hour, barely a challenge
>also banned from most Esports events, players outright forefit rather than play me
>I not only fingered hex in a nightclub once, I also got her too finger me

I wish I could be bad at games. This gift is a burden, simply because of all the sissy boys sending me fan mail.

Eh. I'm above average, I think. I switch games up too fast to get truly excellent at any one of them, but sometimes I manage to 100% complete a fairly hard game like Super Meat Boy or Dustforce, and I always play games on the hardest difficulty.

That show is so fucking bad. Legitimately pissed me off. Could have been clever but the MCs are way too unrealistic. Masturbatory garbage.

Poor. This is why I shitpost and just fap to almost anything.

I'm pretty shit at most genres. I can hold my own in racing or rhythm games, but i'll still lose to someone who's put in as much time in the game as I have.

Simply awful

Above average I guess?
Action games like Devil May Cry I'm good at, I can beat them on their highest difficulties.
Fighting games vary from game to game usually I'm above casual and I do pretty well online too but the second I go up against someone who actually knows what they're doing I'm done for.
The exception is BlazBlue, I've won a couple locals but even then I've never gone beyond that.
I can Touhou but I feel it's more because of trial and error rather than actual skill.
Metal Gear I can do perfect runs but that's because I've played that series to death, not sure how I would fare in another stealth series.
Had a 6 year old beat me at FPS, I even had prep time.
It's not like they were a prodigy either, their older brother just owned the game.
Other genres exist but I haven't explored them enough to to say.

Pretty good at fighting games, decent at RTS and rythm games, mediocre at MOBAs and FPS games.

Awful at racing and platformers.

What do you guys think "average" player is? Not 4chin average, just think about all of those guys who play only occasionally on their xboxes. I have one friend like that, i won q3a match against him while he was using mouse and i used gamepad. Average player is shit.

also, what exactly is being good? being able to adapt quickly? being digilent and gitting good at your own pace without getting discouraged? just pure dex/int/whatever you need for your genre of choice? all of it cannot be measured, it's all relative

Are you me? I wasted more than 20 years on vidya and im still shit.
Im decent in games where cooperation or planing matters, but my motoric is shit.

iktf. wish I could play stuff like Dota 2 better, but the stress and pressure of performing well for the team gets to me. I always end up playing with bots instead

Absolute shit, I'm going back to play all the big games I missed when I was younger since I only played RPGs

Of course they're all platformers/action games, I struggle on SMB2 USA

Average players are complete shit. They are incredibly bad at most games. Not as bad as Polygon, but still really bad.

Not great, but competent with most genres.

>me
>racing sims
>being bad
>this glorious moment when you finally learn how to calm down and start taking high places only because you stopped shitting yourself in difficult situations
>all of this mind play when you judge the driver and decide whether he'll break on pressure or not
>tfw usually everyone except top players are breaking down after just staying behind them for a while (and faking overtake attempts if needed, although some people break just from seeing someone in the mirror for a good while), at least in random non-league servers

Learning to deal with sudden spikes of stress is honestly one of most valuable things i ever learned in vidya, and racing sims are best way to learn how to calm down. Also, being able to play calmly while someone before you is stressed turns out to be extremely rewarding, they just fuck up and fall out of the track if you play it right

Being good is nothing special. It's only the amount of time you spent on that game but also the time you actually learn shit. Like for example LoL. you can be playing from season 1 and fuck around, never reaching more than silver 1 but if you spend 1/5th of time watching streams/tutorials/guides you will jump in a flash (that is if you want to learn and climb). There is nothing special to getting good and of course there are people that suck at mechanically advanced games because of their poor motor skills but that's always going to be a minority. Most people are at the same level of skills but just don't devote enough time to the thing since it's not something they really want. Also there are people who are predetermined to be good at shit like Kasparow (chess master) who has been born with high IQ or a NBA player that has to be tall and a bit better than hes peers yet what they all have in common is that they play all the time and get better (some faster and some slower).

This is one of the worst animemes I've ever watched.
Asspulls the animeme

Average

Above averge in everything except RTS.