Gamers of Sup Forums, what was the most horrifying experience you've ever endured in a video game?

Gamers of Sup Forums, what was the most horrifying experience you've ever endured in a video game?

One day I was playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse in my room with the lights out, right before going to sleep. At some point it glitched the fuck out and it made the freakiest sound ever. I do not have the words to explain to you how fucking creepy that sound was. It had this sort of 3D effect and had a very human-like quality. Scared the shit out of me. Instantly turned the game off and spent like 2 hours with the lights on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OIR2qyoUr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One time I half plugged a cord in and I thought I borked my system

One time I played a foreign pirate copy of Sonic the Hedgehog I got at a flea market and the high score times had "DIE" as the initials and there was a dead picture of a baby for a splitsecond and then when I went to sleep and died.

And you?

One time, I was on my computer just browsing and my screen froze and a long beep played and got louder and louder and louder with no way to turn it off.

I unplugged my computer and everything with it and ran into my bed like a scared little girl.

shantae gave you a spook? cutest spook ever!

Anyways, conkers bad fur day scared me because I was playing kinda late and I didn't turn the lights on and I was playing the part were the bulldog fish ate the cat fish and it scared the shit out of me with the music and it chasing me.

When I had to read ur thread lmao.

>2003
>be 8 yr old me
>dad just bought me sonic adventure 2 battle and gamecube for birthday
>play for a while, turn it off then come back later, notice game didn't save
>"dad, I neeeed a memory card"
>"okay son, we'll do it tomorrow"
>buy a used 59 block card from eb games
>pop it in
>oh look a save file
>continue where that player left off for a bit, then quit because he was stuck on aquatic mine and security hall and I had no clue how to beat them
>start new game
>eventually pick up a chao key as sonic and check out their chao garden after the stage
>all of the gardens unlocked, lot's of eggshells in hero and normal garden
>checks out dark garden, all of the chao despise sonic and want to get out of his arms as soon as you pick him them up.
>took half an hour or so to calm them down and like sonic again

It didn't hit me for a while, but I ended up making most of them hero chao because I felt bad. Whoever owned that card must have been abusing their pets on a regular basis. He might as well have grown up to be a serial killer, who really knows? It's just always bothered me that I'll never get to know who this person is that displayed abusive behavior in a kid's game like that. Perhaps he was getting abused at home and this was his only way to take it out? I'm rambling but it bothers me that I'll never get answers to any of these questions, hope whoever did it grew up to be alright in the end.

>2003
>eight years old

Getting buttfucked by Caxton on my first playthrough of Dragons Dogma.

I'm 37 now. What's you're point?

>2003 was 29 years ago
where did the time go

No joke here, but once i fell asleep while playing Fatal Frame 1. Thing is i didnt even notice i was sleeping, in the dream i was in the same spot playing until i heard some strange noise from outside, i went out to check out and i saw nothing, but when i turn back there wasnt a door to get back into again and some tall girls were on every window of the hause looking at me. Then at the same time all them jumped towards me, most broke something but that didnt stop them to run to get me. I ran and then i was in a narrow hallway before i could ask why i was there suddently a giant spider appeared infront of me, i started screaming and the spider changer into my grandfather who asked me why i was being so loud in the middle of the night. Then i wake up and i was infact on my home hallway. I returned to my room and before turning off my ps2 i checked i was late in the game, without clue how the hell i reached that part. Never finished it though

Interesting story user, I've had similar experiences.

Went to start up my GameCube as a kid when I came home from school. It wouldn't read any discs and I didn't understand why since I never treated my systems like shit. Got it sent in under warranty, tried to play a game when I got it back and my memory card had been corrupted.

What do Shantae's pubes smell like?

I still have the card lying around somewhere but the save is different because I started using action replay.

DayZ, early on in the mod.
First time I went to the airfield I hid in a bush for two and a half hours because I heard gunshots, then I finally saw a player and my hands were shaking so bad because I was so terrified of dying. He ran right fucking by me and he was fully kitted when I had like a enfield with 3 shots, didn't notice me. He stopped for a minute to look around before going to the other barracks to loot it or whatever and turned right towards me and looked me right in the eyes as I shot him. My heart must have been going like 180 because I was so scared.

No other game captured that feeling of being the hunter / the hunted like it. I had to drink to play that game without getting shakes because of how nervous I'd get.

>Me
>Young kid
>Resident Evil 4 just released
>WAY too young to be playing it but parents didn't know much about game ratings
>Playing in the dark
>Encounter chainsaw guy
>Drop controller
>He saws off Leon's head
>Rush over to GameCube to turn off

Shit fucked me up.

Whenever I dropped DMT and played Half Life 2 Deathmatch

>Parents didn't expose me to anything scary for most of my childhood
>My older sister buys me the first Resident Evil game for the PS1
>It had no cover because it was one of those shitty pirated discs on my chipped PS1, so I didn't even know it was a horror game
>Always played at night
>I skip all intros because I always did
>Find the first zombie

The moment that fucking thing turned around is burned into my memory. God DAMN. I don't think I've ever been as scared in my whole life and I've been on a traffic accident.

>Playing Metroid Prime
>Samus gets on elevator
>Weird cutscene where the camera zooms in on her eyes as she's going up the elevator
>Game freezes with loud buzzing sound

Scared the fuck out of me as a kid, did this happen for any other user?

I've had the elevator go forever when I played one time

I think that's what happened to me a few times too. Haven't played the game in years. Not too many people talk about it as much as some of the other big Nintendo games. I need to revisit it soon. A remake on the Switch would be nice.

>playing Dead Rising 1 port on PS4
>making my way through Overtime mode
>haven't saved in a while
>go outside to the park area
>suddenly hear a weird sound, like then one you hear when you plug in headphones to something while wearing them
>all sound is gone
>the models for Frank and all the zombies are now pitch black
>uh oh
>press home menu button
>PS4 menu has no sound either
>shitting_bricks.jpg
>frantically try going back to find a save point and fast
>go back into an indoor area
>weird sound plays again the instant I press the button to go back inside
>all audio and visuals are restored, including on the PS4 menu
>everything is running smoothly again

I never had anything like this happen before this. But I did turn the console off for a while, just in case it was an overheat or something. So far, nothing similar has happened since, but I was still petrified for a moment.

Playing Alien Isolation in the dead of the night, lights off, with sound-cancelling headphones and a cat in the house.

I can't actually do that any more. I get the nervous sweats just on the title screen.

Spices and TNT

>Was around 15 years old
>Parents house had the kitchen and living room downstairs and the bedrooms in the second floor
>Playing with my Xbox well into the night on a weekend
>My friend was staying over, he was in my bedroom
>Kitchen is behind me and the only way to make it from the kitchen to the stairs is through the living room so nobody can do it without me noticing
>Start hearing this soft whisper calling my name from behind me
>Figure out my friend was hiding in the kitchen all along trying to freak me out
>Keep playing and it happens again
>Pay no mind to it
>Eventually I'm done playing, head straight to the bedroom so I can wait for my friend there and laugh at his pathetic attempt at scaring me
>Go upstairs, open the door and my friend was there sleeping

me and my bro were playing doom and we were in the hell levels and we heard from the game this horrible blood curdling scream when I shot a imp. we both looked at each other for a sec and continued to play!!

One time I was playing a videogame and had fun

It put me off playing videogames for ages

Bullshit.

Why was your friend staying over and not in the same room as you?

Time really flies when you get older huh

The PS version of Mickey Wild's Adventure glitched out on me, stopped playing and made a horrifying screech.

Must have been about 6 when it happened.

I once saved a game when the power went out.

the computer is in my bedroom

>Sup Forums

Did you forget about the PS4's video recording function?

I watched my cousin play parasite eve on ps1 and I had no idea what the game was about. I had nightmares for months to come

>playing dk64
>happily singing along to dk rap when I fire up the game
>suddenly the lyrics change
>he has no smile, he has no face
>lanky's skin and flesh missing and he only has a skull for a face
>I cry and run away
>never played a videogame since

I actually did forget, since I rarely use it, and was too freaked the hell out at that moment.

>2017
>not being 4Channer

Not a videogame experience but i had a pretty terrifying experience yesterday, t' was with a buddy of mine.

So we were driving back home around 5:15 AM from da club, and then we get the genius idea to drive over the local railroad bridge, it is located next to a huge forest. Now the thing with this bridge is that it is actually only accessable by bikes and people who walk, cars are not allowed but hey, fuck it, it was a huge shortcut.

So were driving over that road almost at the bridge, then suddenly this guy walks right past our car ( we were flooring it pretty hard, having the times of our lives). Then my buddy notices he has fucking blood all over his head. He didn't even look over to our car either. pretty weird fucking shit, especially the fact that he was walking all the way over the bridge with blood over his head at 5:15 AM. Jesus.

pussy

>being one

>at school
>playing superstar saga on my gba sp in the corner after i'm done with my work
>volume is low enough so i can just barely hear it but (hopefully) nobody else can
>suddenly the game freezes, the colors invert and it lets out the loudest screech possible that everyone in the room could hear
i really don't miss cartridges

>2018-1
>Not posting best girl

Came into the thread expecting more shantae
Where's the fucking shantae

>Gamers of Sup Forums, what was the most horrifying experience you've ever endured in a video game?
>Sup Forums
Fucking wew. In any case, most personally horrifyingly experience is when I had a ~3000 hour game file that I'd fucked around with for years lost due to my little brother slapping the catridge and corrupting everything on it. Broke the fucker's thumb for that one.
I don't get scared when playing vidya though, the most I've ever felt is slight suspense.

Post it yourself, and don't forget what's the thread about.
I was scared of rock creatures in Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2, probably because they were in dark caves filled with water.
I usually stopped playing Sonic when I got to underwater stage, didn't want to see him drowning.

>duo rust with my internet pal
>both new to the game, haven't died yet.
>my best friend, both beta virgins with no social life except in-game
>played a ton of multiplayer games with him before this. we know each other pretty well at this point.
>learning how to find and grab materials to build a house to fuck around in it
>nohomo.jpg
>hours of gathering wood and metal whilst avoiding other people and their kill on sight mentality
>finally built a 2x2 wooden house with a key and padlock
>dont have beds yet because we are poor as shit
>here comes nighttime
>near pitch black, cant see shit
>both decide to search old raided ruins for unclaimed material under the cover of night

>hear some guitar
>some lighted up building, two stories high
>guy is literally doing a seranade to a random naked female using local voice chat
>normies playing games what in the fuck
>friend accidentally stands up and makes some footstep noises
>"Oi I hear someone outside"
>oh my fuck you have fucked us both
>Not one, but 6 other guys come out of the tiny building armed with a plethora of guns with their dicks hanging out
>literal fucking sausage fest, surrounding one chick
>I hide in a bush, cant run because they will see/hear me
>Friend was seen behind the rock next to the bush im in, immediately shot to the face
>watch my friend get his corpse looted and violated
>All 6 of them go around the bush I am in
>Im Surrounded by penises, I dont think i can make it out of here alive.
>I have the other only key to our house that we spend hours building together
>because of Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Audio, i can hear them breathing down my neck
>Sweat pours down my arms, all the progress we did was for nothing
>miracle
>All of them heard only one persons footsteps, didnt account for two people
>Stress levels were on maximum levels
>Both of us say fuck it and play rocket league for the rest of the day because rust was too stressful

MGS3 during the "fight" with The Sorrow. I was expecting spoopy things to happen, but not like that, holy shit.

Is this the creepypasta thread?

I was waiting for something like
>written by Mike, Age 12
But the
>photo added by SlenderMario
says more than enough

youtube.com/watch?v=3OIR2qyoUr0

>consoleshits are so tech-illiterate they get scared by a graphical glitch

Speaking of graphical glitches, I once was playing Shadow of Chernobyl and going through the Wilds Territory. When I got near the flame anomaly near the path to Yantar, the game suddenly jumped, at which point the entire skybox was replaced with a tiled packaged meat texture, and it stayed that way until I restarted the game. Not particularly scary, but bizarre.

Speaking of textures, I suspect it was RAM problem

When it was being affected by old age my Mario Allstars cartridge went into a screen of garbled graphics while playing the Bowser Music from 3 while I was playing through world 1.

I'm too afraid to touch it because it might be terminally corrupted by now.