How do we make Need for Speed great again?

How do we make Need for Speed great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwlXlr7yqsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co
youtube.com/watch?v=kyCa-Sv0cjg&index=28&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi
youtube.com/watch?v=XMfhlajry64&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=fd3gpnjo-uQ&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi&index=30
youtube.com/watch?v=1DwdtqwoGKA&index=36&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi
youtube.com/watch?v=i27bhWVEbDY
youtu.be/uBO_366ngIc
youtube.com/watch?v=GOizClOIHWw
youtube.com/watch?v=1t5lP-60eA0
youtube.com/watch?v=QoqDAzDpqhg
youtube.com/watch?v=2FnD-JKXRVU
youtube.com/watch?v=SUpZLgtpPCA
youtu.be/oXQZSQ1uA1U?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/tuOOuarA7xA?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/Utf_NdVR8Bg?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/7EU7Oq9Jm3c?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtube.com/watch?v=8a8PonO1bl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The current gamplay sucks. It needs to go back to the way cars handled in Most Wanted 2005. It's an arcade series, it's OK for cars to behave like that because that's what makes them fun.

Kids these days dont wanna streetrace, they want to race fidget spinners.

>Need for Spin

>Beyblade 2017 gets popular again

Payback looks like absolute dogshit, so we'll just have to wait a couple more years again

>need for spin
Had me dying user

>delet live action shit
>add tiddy
>remove dudebro hoonigan rwb rocket bunny shit
>add more jdm shit
>add exotics
>add individual wheel customization
>autosculpt was nice, make it less shit and put it back in

payback premise would be interesting if not for the character switch. that shit ruined most of the heists in GTA5 too

The live action shit was awesome. Sure it was pretty cringe inducing, but it added character to the games, whereas the criterion era NfS' felt lifeless as a result of ditching narrative and characters all together.

Microtransactions to costumice your car

Remaster NfS3 Hot Pursuit.

Aquatica best track waifu.

Oh I love you user. That game was my childhood and that is undoubtedly best track

also graphically the game is barely an upgrade over hot pursuit 2010 but will no doubt be stuck at 30fps on consoles and require an 1080ti for 60 with dips on PC

EVERYONE

how about a good OST that actually has some nice drive music

youtube.com/watch?v=YwlXlr7yqsQ

Fucking THIS user

I really agree. Need for Speed 2015 had such a crappy soundtrack.

criterion nfs was a mistake

Going back to how they handled in 2005 is actually making them more realistic.

Fast & Furious isn't about tuner street racing anymore, therefore NFS isn't about tuner street racing anymore.

but need for speed precedes fast and furious ;_;

True, but I know people who had no idea the games before NFSU existed.

Maybe. At least in that game your car can turn without pulling the hand break.

Eww nfs was dead after high stakes

>likes meme-wave
>forgets meme-wave at best is cruise, not gottagofast
>cares about a soundtrack that you can just replace with your own music

>remove the story and make it like Gran Turismo streetrace edition
>fix the car handling, since Most wanted 2012 it's been shitty. We just want an arcade racer
>stop trying to force your 'le randum fmv cutscenes', EA doesn't commit to the goofyness 100% so it's cringy and unfunny

of course personally the best way of fixing it would be to make a new burnout but I know that'll never happen. The drought of arcade racers is a sad state of affairs these days

>calls it memewave
>has never listened to Redline by Laserhawk

youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co

make it more like daytona usa

omg wow that totally changed my opinion completely you were right all along

>THING is bad and wont work!
>Here, try this example? many people consider it works well
>fuck you! :^)

epic.

Here's my idea: Series goes abroad to Japan, time period is either modern or in the 90's/early 2000's. You're a gaijin in the underground street racing circuit of nippon trying to rescue a former Yakuza's daughter (she will get the gaijin penis at the end). You can drive around the world map and downhill drift races are a big part of the game again.

>Music taste
>work
dumb or stupid?

Are you retarded?

Your point was nothing in the genre works, it's too slow - good for cruising not racing

So I suggest an example that would WORK in the setting of a streetrace while still being memewave/outrun and you call it dumb?

What am I missing here?

>remove the story and make it like Gran Turismo streetrace edition
Fuck no, I don't want another vapid criterion piece of shit. Story actually propels player investment in the singleplayer/campaign. MW2005 and Carbon were the only titles saw until the end-game.
>fix the car handling, since Most wanted 2012 it's been shitty. We just want an arcade racer
True. MW2005 is still fun as fuck to play even today
>stop trying to force your 'le randum fmv cutscenes', EA doesn't commit to the goofyness 100% so it's cringy and unfunny
They need to take notes from the mid-2000's games in terms of cutscenes. NFS2015's FMV shit was awkwardly out of place due to, as you said, EA not committing 100% goofiness unlike emulating the sheer absurdity of MW2005.

>memetona

By not having piston and cam upgrades for an RX7 with a fucking 13b engine.

Fuck Need for Speed, we need another Burnout.

Street racing just it's popular anymore, even fast and the furious grew out of it.

>Your point was nothing in the genre works, it's too slow
>assuming opinions
lol dummy. All I said was that the genre is a meme
>good for cruising not racing
I never said it's good. Just that "at best" people have used it in cruise webbums inspired by Drive
>I suggest an example that would WORK in the setting of a streetrace
no, it doesn't work well. Just because you hopped on this meme, it doesn't make your opinion valid for most people

>mid-00s aesthetics will never come back
why does everything need to be ironic now

youtube.com/watch?v=kyCa-Sv0cjg&index=28&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi

youtube.com/watch?v=XMfhlajry64&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi&index=29

youtube.com/watch?v=fd3gpnjo-uQ&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi&index=30

youtube.com/watch?v=1DwdtqwoGKA&index=36&list=PLK78kXd_81Ma25DnUZ8uvxqG7fooF0rqi

>Obligation for Rotation

>implying MW wasn't the shittiest game of the series

Why didn't you just say you didn't like the genre then?

>mid 2000's asthetic
>hangover fron the cesspit that was the 90s

user pls

Just make a Need For Speed Underground 3. Make a large, unique city with several distinct areas that you're able to free roam. Have a ton of customization, include a cheesy story, set it mostly at night, include a memorable soundtrack. The car physics model in Underground 2 was basically perfect for a semi-arcade racing game, so just throw a system like that in there. There don't need to be cops. It shouldn't be that hard, but they keep fucking around by trying to make movies instead of compelling games. The newest one, Payback, literally has setpieces within a race that will always play out one way no matter what you do. It should be a racing game, not a movie.

That's pretty much what I did retard, but you got autistic about defending your favorite meme.
4 years ago people like you wanted dubstep soundtracks for games. Now that meme is over.

Holy crap someone else actually remembers that. My brother always repeats that line when I mention the original Most Wanted.

TO THE WINDOOOOOOW
TO THE WALL

By not making burnout and calling it NFS

TILL THE SWEAT DRIPS DOWN MY BALLS

get that memewave shit out of here, Burnout 3 had the best arcade racer soundtrack and everyone knows it.

youtube.com/watch?v=i27bhWVEbDY

by not making a gimped burnout* and calling it NFS

inbetween a few select tracks it was basically /13yearoldcore/

It hasn't aged well

I actually completely agree. I don't really like most of those artists, yet every song in Burnout 3 just felt perfect for the game. It's the one game soundtrack that I still occasionally listen to (outside of the game) 13 years later. And I don't typically listen to game soundtracks outside of games, period.

>It hasn't aged well

I've been playing tracks from this game in every racing game I've played since Burnout 3 was released and it has never gotten old. Playing through the hot wheels DLC in FH3 while listening to B R E A T H I N G is great fun. Fuck off kid, Burnout 3's OST is Tony Hawk tier amazing, if only NFS had taken notes or kept it's breakbeat tracks and not tossed in unfitting nigger music and wubstep.

Not good music but, IT FUCKING SUITED THE PACE AND ATMOSPHERE OF THE GAME!

Make a proper NFS game for the first time in decades.
Also have a proper soundtrack to go like this
youtu.be/uBO_366ngIc

This, ever since Hot Pursuit 2 NFS's soundtracks have been fucking abysmal, it was just top 40 rap, numetal music and uninspired generic house and/or techno.

>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=GOizClOIHWw

Exactly, I remember firing up Underground for the first time, only to be blasted by some niggers yelling about bitches and hoes. At that very moment I realized that the Need for Speed I knew was long gone.

>game about underground street racing and the culture associated with it
>being surprised that you get a hefty dosage of that culture when you boot the game up

>Need for Speed
>formerly Chuck's

It doesn't have to be liveaction though.. nfs:u with the animated stuff worked fine

Fuck off you samefagging cunt. I bet you were the one who failed to shill partyposting on Sup Forums.

that wasn't need for speed though. When it turned into niggershit it went bad.

I know. I'm not defending it, just stating a fact. The Underground games were awful.

Best NFS - Porsche Unleashed
Deal with it underground/mwfags

No.

NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 feel (PS2 VERSION though, cause GC, Xbox, and PC all got a shit version by a different developer entirely)

But it's not fun to race to, say what you will about Brunout, those tracks mesh well with the fast paced game perfectly just like in Tony Hawk, seriously listen to this shit and tell yourself this is better to race to than anything on Burnout 3's or a classic NFS soundtrack. I don't see why is calling Burnout /13yearoldcore/ when this exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=1t5lP-60eA0

Seriously this is just an unpleasant listen weather you're playing the game or not.

what is a spin off?

Whoops, you posted the wrong game there user! Don't worry I'll help set you straight.

wtf are you talking about?
one the good things about Underground was the soundtrack, sorry it had to be actual music instead of that Eurobeat shit Sup Forums parades around all day

You appear to have made the same mistake user but fear not, I will help you out.

Get your police bullshit the fuck outta here

you ladies are both wrong

CARS
RACE TRACKS
MUSIC
NOTHING ELSE

he thinks underground games whole ost is composed by rap and not only the menu theme. a typical Sup Forums user who hasn't played the game before complaining

make underground 3, less fancy cars more retro cars

they focused on the speed part too much that they forgot that theres other shit to worry about

The OST is Elder God Tier
youtube.com/watch?v=QoqDAzDpqhg
youtube.com/watch?v=2FnD-JKXRVU

Literally every NFS after underground suffered from dogshit soundtracks, there hasn't been a single good NFS soundtrack since HS

Underground's soundtrack was an awful aspect of the game. Undergroundfags are the fucking worst I swear, that game was an utterly boring mess with samey races in samey urban night maps, it's one of the most uninspired and boring racing games I've ever played through.

Does NFS:HP2 have youtube.com/watch?v=SUpZLgtpPCA ? No? Well then I guess HS remains the best

It's comprised of generic numetal, heavy metal, generic rap, and rob zombie, the soundtrack is fucking objectively awful.

>Sure it was pretty cringe inducing, but it added character to the games, whereas the criterion era NfS' felt lifeless as a result of ditching narrative and characters all together.
That's a result of the Criterion games being crap. Go back to the NFS2 through Hot Pursuit 2 era and the games have character in spades, despite having no speaking roles whatsoever other than the announcer and the cops on your ass.

This is now a classic NFS thread. Underground fags go and stay go.

youtu.be/oXQZSQ1uA1U?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/tuOOuarA7xA?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/Utf_NdVR8Bg?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29
youtu.be/7EU7Oq9Jm3c?list=PLCDB3A4909F61CA29

I never thought any game, let alone a racing game could have a soundtrack as good as System Shock 2 or Deus Ex, but then I found out about High Stakes. How can underground even hope to compete?

fuck you, you cant tell us what to do were going
underground

Heh.

but true talk, nfs was never actually a great racing game it was a mediocre one with good soundtrack and ambience

this tbqh famalam

underground was always cringy 14 year old wigger territory. Underage pls go

NFS was a driving game, not a racing game. A subtle (but important) difference.

Just pretty much take NFS 2016 and remove most of the shitty soundtrack. Remove all of the cringy cutscenes and just replace it with a plain rivalry story. Add more cars and way more customixation. Add some more mission variety as well. Finally, fix the retarded AI and make the game playable offline.

This nigger gets it. The live-action shit was cringy but in a good way. They know it's a silly story, so they amp up the cheese and give the MC an actual crew I'd want to hang out with, which is much better than the typical grimdark shit they've been pulling since Underground.

Remember this one?

Give me stoner rock or give me death.
youtube.com/watch?v=8a8PonO1bl0

This, those were objectively the only interesting series, especially today NFS would have no point in going full GT or Forza