Funniest/favorite dialogue in vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EE1EP3FWa-s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
youtube.com/watch?v=IU8gMHDkH48
youtu.be/7WDjsRs93Ww?t=39
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The last one is definitely my favorite.

I emotionally identify with the bottom one there.

>New Vegas has good writing

Man fuck Uther.

Arthas didn't have a nice answer, but he at least had an answer, all Uther wanted to do was sit around complaining about how bad things were. He didn't have a solution and his meandering would do nothing but cause more problems.

Arthas got things done and he was 100% in the right, pretty much right up until he had his soul stolen.

I agree, shame that muradin had to die though

>They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics
>I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics
>They said "Welcome aboard"
>The guy running this place is FANTASTIC

New Vegas needs Mr Fantastic and Long Dick Johnson as companions.

These games have a lot of hilarious writing.

yes if this was a Bethesda Fallout all of those skill checks would be succesful

Autism bunny was great.

He didnt die, haven't you played wrath of the lk?

So you fight the good fight with your voice?

>Be idiot that cannot disinfect a wound with a pitiful medical skill
>Can perform surgery and give medical advice if the rng is nice to you

Fallout 3 and 4's "Bethesda quality" skills are the worst.

no I haven't

>[Intelligence]
This always kills me.

that's pretty deep for bethesda тbh, see: oblivion, fallout 4

Image structure is bad for reading on Sup Forums

>tfw you have way more luck than int

it's god damn hilarious this would work as a new vegas dialog as well only with [Intelligence 2/5]

>tfw you have maxed intelligence, luck and perception

well one of the dialog options is using bluff to appear like you know what you're doing and blindly stumbling into something resembling an actual cure

>Whatever. Joshua, put a cap in general goobledigook here

I pick sneering imperialist every single time for that line. Its just too fucking perfect in that context.

youtube.com/watch?v=EE1EP3FWa-s

Perfectly encapsulates how a man would feel when submerged in bullshit.

Just so people know, in fallout: new vegas if your character is "retarded" (which means few or none points in INT) every NPC will talk to you like if you were a literal autist, just did a run with an melee tard and I burst in laugh a couple of times

Obsidian knows how to write idiots.
Bethesda knows how to write like idiots.

huh, i'm surprised neo runescape still manages to utilize the same humor it had 10 years ago

Isn't it just a couple of lines of dialogue that are changed in NV? All of it is changed in 1 and 2 for low INT, you get one special line of dialogue in 3 and none in 4.

The top one is the only good one.

>Bethesda knows how to write like idiots.
What's worse is actually hearing Emil Pagliarulo speak. Once you do, things start to make sense in all the worst ways.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8

I like the third and fifth ones.

Nah, they're all way too...chirpy? Random? I dunno, they rub me the wrong way.

they're too reddit

I want to go back in time when I still found this stuff funny

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't say that of the third or fifth one. I see what you're saying for the others though.

speaking of fallout 2, im playing right now. where can a found a decent gun?

You don't need a decent gun, you go unarmed instead.

Vault 13

>Keep it simple, stupid
>not Keep it short and simple
I have truly been illuminated

all of his dialogue

ok thanks.

>Cyrene? How's I supposed to work on dat burny chunk of soot? It ain't like I can hide in da lava! Mork knows, I ain't tryin' DAT trick again.

Say what you will about Retribution, but the Ork campaign was hilarious.

I still haven't played 3. Does it at least have funny ork dialogue?

>Where can I find a decent gun?
Kill the junkie dealer in the Den. Nobody cares and he's easy as fuck to provoke into a fight.

>unarmed
It's almost unfair the amount of bonuses you can get with it.

what you will about Retribution, but the Ork campaign was hilarious.

I was wondering, is this dialogue actually in Fallout 1? I have played it and I tried to adjust my stats in such a way that I would imagine would give this dialogue, but I never got it. So do you just need very specific stats or what?

#RedPilled

especially when he immediately backs from his statement in the next sentence.

i was on my way to vault 13 when i got into an encounter with bandits attacking security guards.

the bandits were killed and i got some really good gear from thier corpses (guns, ammo stims etc.)

it all worked out in the end.

What's intelligent about that particular dialog? I still don't fucking get it

OH, like Sly Stallone.
Just got that.

that's pretty good

Man i wish i had more tolerance to play New Vegas, i love RPGs but i LOVE good FPS even more, and New Vegas mechanics coupled with the fact that i'm a fan of big guns in vidya (Lets be real, the only big guns that somewhat work in New Vegas are energy-based ones) just keep me from spending more than an hour before i decide to stop

I cannot recall the amount of times i've started a run and then stopped after going through Nipton (Or an hour after sneaking past the Cazadores)

That's fake sadly

>Blondie!
>I guess that's me?

>Ignis- No, wait... Prompto!

>Please, sir, may I 'ave sum ore?

Apart from sniffing your own farts about how "funny" your writing is what is the point of presenting obvious fail choices to the player instead of the other standard dialog options

Do you mean explosives or just large caliber rifles?

Because it's a role-playing game.

youtube.com/watch?v=IU8gMHDkH48
Still the best.

>row 3 column 4

Hah.

because the purpose of the videogame is to entertain, and comedy is entertaining.

it's just telling you you dont gots the skill level to submit a better response
it wasnt obvious in the older games whether or not you met a skill check or whether was one in the dialogue options

It's more entertaining to have unique dialogue for whether you pass the skill check and it also makes more sense. If an explosives skill check has dialogue that shows your character has the required knowledge then it should also have dialogue showing that they don't have the required knowledge, if you're character appears to know what they're talking about either way then it just makes the check pointless and would also make it so that it makes so sense as to why you failed the check if you don't have the proper stats.

Because it implies that if your character is good enough at something, he will know exactly what to say. Otherwise he will look like an idiot for trying to convince someone that he is good at something

Its better than saying the same thing and being successful depending on a number.

>Large Caliber Rifles
Sniping/Long distance fighting is boring to me, i can somewhat take assault rifles but again, since the FPS mechanics are not the best i just don't enjoy it. I think my most fun run had me going with 10 END, a Minigun (Probably the only working automatic weapon) and the Enclave Power Armor to become a walking tank.

Explosives are pretty hit and miss to me aswell, i also had a run where i would lure opponents to remote mines or charges, more of a tactical approach if you will (I also like crafting a lot of shit). But the materials where hard to get and sometimes it felt like it was taking forever despite my best efforts to lure people. The grenade rifles also break the game a little bit, maybe more than the Missile Launchers in LR

Is this gif for ants?

that's not even the worst the game has to offer

>Intentionally don't persuade Eden so as to preserve Raven Rock
>Wake up in Broken Steel
>Oh, the Brotherhood casually went and levelled the base with Liberty Prime anyway
Fucking Bethesda.

So what, if it fails you are supposed to understand that your character accidentally yell "YOU FUCKING NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT" mid-way through his speech or something?

>Fallout 3 won awards for "best writing"

My favorite is in DS3 when you play coop and the dialog between Isaac and Carver

youtu.be/7WDjsRs93Ww?t=39

Your character was intelligent enough to figure out this guy's the radio host.
I think.

It was a 20% Charisma speech from Todd Howard

>It's ok when Obsidian does it

Everytime I play this game I greet this fucker with a shotgun blast to the face

Play a 1 INT character

That makes way more sense than fucking "lmao kys"
bethesdrones, god damn

Dont know what you mean, Bethesda makes games in which the choice the player makes are meaningful and deep.
Rememeber to cheek out the new Creation Club for Fallout 4. :)

Not an obsidrone but this is probably one of the worst examples that people for some odd reason think its bad

>provide actual arguments why the Legion winning the battle will be a detriment in the long-run via Barter or Speech

as opposed to

>kys

> a sensible bit of stratigic analys is the same as LOL KILL YOUR SELF HAHA

>you're dumb and need to die
vs.
>this fight is going to leave you strategically fucked
It's leagues better, no matter how bad you think the NV version is.

>After years of fighting giving up right in front of your objective makes sense

>literally kill yourself
>"here's why it won't work"
Oh yeah, the same thing.

Why are FO3 fans always such mouth-breathing retards?

I wish that front mission kept to their roots instead of that transformers knockoff garbage they gave us.
I WANT FIRE EMBLEM WITH GIANT ROBOTS DAMNIT

I fucking lol'd so hard at that line.

Not him, but the stupid part is that this is a pretty obvious problem of logistics. This is not something you should be able to convince a military commander after they have already committed to the stupid path.

it's hardly a perfect line but still far less worse than LITERALLY "lmao kys"

The problem isn't that you can talk down the antagonist, it's just that the dialogue in it is bad. However, it would have been better in both games if it required more than just a speech check, the way Fallout 1 did it with The Master was much better.

The difference is that there's no more Caesar to hold the Legion together at that point