Ugly comic book cutscenes with QTEs that look bad in HD

>ugly comic book cutscenes with QTEs that look bad in HD
>worthless micromanagement gimmick
>DUDE CO-OP LMAO
>game makes you listen to tapes to get the lore instead of explaining it throughout gameplay
>awkward control scheme
>story is chopped up into short, disjointed missions
>missions that require you to play as Not-Snake who has exactly the same character model regardless of who you pick
How is this a good game again?

It's a handheld game. Can't fix that

It was made with being a portable game in mind, so a lot of the things that work great on a handheld fall flat on consoles

I hate that PW Big Boss has become his face of the franchise. Naked Snake looks so much better

>Opinions on cutscenes, I like the Ashley Wood comic look. Voice acting was great throughout too.
>"worthless" lol, micromanagment was highly rewarding and very intuitive with loads of ties into regular gameplay which made farming and managing as well as sneaking almost synergistic.
Also provided a nice break between missions
>Game is great as base, tapes expand the story and provide the excellent MGS lore and story without tying everyone into ridiculously long cut-scenes, which would turn off many people when it's a handheld, literally curing the hate MGS gets for its cutscenes. Game is cohesive without them and much more fulfilled with them.
>Mission system was a great choice in terms of story segmenting and portable handheld gaming, the fact you actually returned to base after every mission to handle your army felt like you actually had this army and were working as a boss.
>Literally doesn't matter if you don't play Snake, most of the time your staff will be BETTER than snake at things. Also used for story reasons so just enforces the story.

PW is one of the best in the series. Everyone needs to understand that before moving on.

There was nothing stopping the PSP from running a game like MGS1 or 2

Plenty of franchises made the transition without completely changing the formula of the game and falling into the mission-based progression meme

the only good thing about peace walker was the character interactions

COOP is especially shit when the bosses are all boring to fight and regular sneaking lasts for a few minutes.

PW is already one of the easiest metal gear games with no difficulty settings available. COOP only trivializes the experience further.

peace walker was great fuck you

I can see why nu-Sup Forums would like it but it sucks when compared to MGS1, 2 and 3.

>ugly cutscenes with lens flares that look bad
>worthless micromanagement gimmick
>DUDE FOB LMAO
>makes you listen to tapes to get the lore
>awkward control scheme
>story is chopped up into short disjointed missions
>missions that require you to FIND GUY or CARRY NIGGLETS
How is MGSV a good game again?

people usually like neither or both

i like PW but hate MGSV

I hate both but love Ghost Babel.

>love peace walker gameplay
>mgsv is that just bigger
If MGSV hat Coop my dick would have died. The story was serviceable like in peace walker but the gameplay was so much fun.

>There was nothing stopping the PSP from running a game like MGS1 or 2
Time an money, user. You act like it was a console release and not a low budget handheld game

I love Ghost Babel AND PW and MGSV, I guess I'm retarded

Oh yeah? well I don't even play videogames.

I finished PO but never cared to play past the arena metal gear fight in PW. Online in PO was also my favorite.

i don't like either of them.

I prefer Solid come back as the face of MGS desu, Big Boss just ended up being a bitch.

>play past the arena metal gear fight
It doesn't get much better

>instead of explaining it throughout gameplay
dont try and pretend the other games did this. codecs don't count as gameplay