Destiny 2™ hype thread

>he/she/xe still hasn't preordered Destiny 2™ for his/her/xer prefered platform
>he/she/xe still hasn't preordered collectors edition for ultimate Destiny 2™ experience

what is your excuse?

Also how much have you enjoyed the beta™?

If you don't pirate this game, you're a fucking mongoloid.
Good for you wasting $70 on trash

it's a digital game, they won't "run out" of copies so im buying it when it's actually out

>$70
>implying I haven't spent $249 for collectors edition for PS4 because XO's version was sold out and $60 for base game for XO so I can play the game on my prefered platform

fuck off shill
I already preordered it

Found it to be a very mediocre game, and was honestly expecting to be mind blown, and wasn't. Maybe it has to do with the fact I play on PC, so I never played the first, which kinda kills my connection to the story. The antagonist looks pretty cool tho, very 40kish.

I might pick it up for 20 or less bucks if i ever find it on sale or a cheap key.

On a side note, I found the movement extremely slow, but I might just be biased because I've been playing old school fps again like heretic and quake.

Bought it for ps4. Wanted a game that i could put some hours into since other than bloodborne i barely touch the thing.
Plus i dislike shooters on pc. Not that i think they are bad on pc im just personally awful at aiming with a mouse to the point i have zero fun playing them as i just get frusterated.

SUPPORTING ACTIVISION IN YEAR 2017. YOU ARE PART OF THE REASON GAMES ARE TURNING TO SHIT. GET FUCKED

that's not a lot of strikes also what are lost sectors?

Played the PC version too and never tried the 1st.
The story and how everybody talks so casually really pisses me off. I expected some formality in their words.

Other than that though I actually enjoyed the game and it has a VS mode like CSGO which is pretty cool. I'll get it after i see what the full version is like on consoles.

Will the game perform better on XB1X?

ONE WORD: Warframe

I heard one of the AIs talk for a few lines and I could already tell the whole game is cringe.

no frost-ee5 no buy

There's the stomp-ee5

i enjoyed the Hunters, double jumps were better than anything else.
I just want somebody to answer me what that Class Skill is. You just evade or something?

Incomplete list.

We've also got Planetary Quests, Adventures, the Flashpoints. List also doesn't have the Borealis and the PS4 exclusive strike.

Plus, Bungie already heavily hinted that since we've left behind last gen, more Strikes can just be added in via patches. We still have that SIVA strike that was previewed in a trailer, but haven't seen it listed.

While I agree it is worthwile replacement, especially for its price, it still hasn't attracted me as much as first or second Destiny

betas are for betas

Dodge Roll that either instantly reloads your equipped weapon, or, when near an enemy, fully recharges your Melee skill.

The Nightstalker subclass has a Path that also stealths you when you dodge.

If the Dodge functions anything close to how it did in D1, it'll also break tracking from grenades, remove the aim-assist targetting on you from someone trying to hit you, and in generaly be really good. shame about the much, much longer CD though.

Kill yourself shill

>pirating a multiplayer game

lmaoing @ your poorfag life m8

I loved Destiny on PS4 but always hated the bad controls and bad framerate. When 2 was announced for PC I preordered it right away and I've taken two weeks off work to play it when it comes out. Unironically can't wait.

Unfortunately, dodging doesn't break auto-aim anymore. Prepare to be gunned down mid-dodge

It will probably only get resolution and graphics fdelity boost - framerate is really constant 30 fps across all console platforms.

Ah thank you, yeah the cooldowns are the only thing i wish they'd reduce.
Having to wait just to melee is off-putting.

I put 1700 hours into Destiny. Are players of the original receiving anything special in 2?

>console FPS

I think my old rig is gonna catch fire if I try to run it even on the lowest settings.

Anyone try the beta with a low tier PC?

IIRC no

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE PREORDER DESTINY 2 ON PC WHEN THEY COULD JUST WAIT UNTIL THE CONSOLE VERSION IS OUT AND SEE IF THE GAME IS ACTUALLY ANY GOOD

I have a 750ti, i3 2120, and 6GB of RAM.
It ran fucking smooth as butter with low-medium settings and the game looked amazing.

I ran it at 900p though in full screen. The black border around my monitor was not an issue since the game looked amazing.

rip. It's probably a good thing I never relied on that back in D1 then, Nighthawk PvE/Ahamkara Spine PvP player here.

From what Bungie has said, and from what we've played, they wanted to slow down the pace of the game, make your abilities matter more. I can't blame them, seeing as how I used to run a Gunslinger setup that was Grenades and Melee fucking CONSTANTLY.

Depending on what you've done, you get special emblems. And, from what one of the devs has said, there will be slight differences for imported characters in the game (audio cues was what I believe they said.)

There's also rumors that the intro to the game will be different for a "veteran" guardian, versus a fresh one. The Beta just had us play the fresh intro.

Because the consolefag 30fps thumb-wagglan isn't representative of the good version of the game

>buying this shit again when there's little content at release

that still isn't an argument for pre-ordering before that though
also, the things that are actually going to matter, like the amount of content the game has, are going to be the same on all platforms regardless

I personally want to hear Brad Shoemaker's thoughts on it

Cool, that's a worse rig than I have. I'm happy to hear it's optimized.
I might have to pick it up then.

>pc
>dont want to pay $60 for some shit that has less than destiny 1
>jews gonna jew me for $20 expansions every 3 months

if i dont buy them i get left behind and stuck with 1 raid over and over again. fuck that shit. make it f2p with free content updates xd

I'm probably going to buy it since the beta ran at 4k/60fps (and it was fun).

>Also how much have you enjoyed the beta™?

Not at all. It's the most boring game I've played in a while.
Gunplay was decent, but nothing to carry a game on. The "skills" were normal FPS abilities rebranded, except for the third one and those were incredibly fucking tame. A melee button is not a fucking skill and 6 grenades per class is retarded in game with 0 interesting actual skills.
Gear from what I've seen so far seems incredibly boring and normalized, but it's a beta so I could be wrong.
Environments looked cool, but that's about everything the game had going for it.

Haven't played PvP so maybe that's the selling point?

I thought the beta was the most boring pile of garbage I have ever played

you just suck lol

its fun, but u gotta have friends and go pve together and shit

Nope. finished all the content first try and the multiplayer was just full of that explosive pistol where first one to get a shot off wins.

Played with a friend for the entire thing. He agreed that it was lacking

>have been planning on launch day all nighter with my friends
>last minute work shit comes up
>will have to leave Wednesday and wont be back until late September

NEETs have it too good.

>multiplayer was just full of that explosive pistol where first one to get a shot off wins.

and lemme guess you were never the first lol

Lucky the game doesn't come out til october then

It was 50/50.
Isnt the point of the game the pve?
If I wanted that gunplay in a pvp setting I'd buy call of dooty

>be neet
>cant afford game

sure is great!

>not playing DS1 on PS4 with all your clan mates
>abandoning them for bandwagoning PC cunts

>Isnt the point of the game the pve?
You'd think. Bungie continuously makes PVP-related changes that affect the overall game.

>order 1080
>comes with Deadstiny 2 key
Keep it or sell it?

the aiming with a mouse is way more satisfying on PC

I'm waiting to see if the PC release has a "Blizzard style" physical box.

Otherwise I'll just download it.

Ah never played the first one.
Guess its not my type of game.
It will still sell well though

>giving Activision money

Enjoy half a game

If you want to stay up all night playing a game surely you'd want to play the good version?

give it away :^)

Sell.

Can we talk about PC players?
The same thing happened with Dark Souls.

We had comfy ass Demon's Souls threads, but it wasn't until Dark Souls came to PC that all the artificial difficulty memes and shitposting came in.

Same thing with Destiny 2.

I played the beta and it was just PC 12 year olds saying its not as good as Warframe or nitpicking everything.

>Destiny is fucking trash and you suc- Oh wait, it's on PC now? LOL CONSOLE FAGS!!!! WE GOT THE GOOD GAME!!"

Why do PC players suck?

pc are the most autistic. console bros are just people who want to have fun. pc are autismo esports gamers who glitch mix max everything to be the best and its zero fun.

Who cares about what other players think? I'm just glad I can play the sequel to a decent game at 60fps without thumbsticks

>I never played the first, which kinda kills my connection to the story

There was barely any story in the first game, you either really enjoy grind games or see the game for what it is, pretty repetitive, derivative and really only has the great shooting mechanics to recommend it

>replay the same strike 50 times to get that stupid gun
>go show it off in pvp

feels good man

>12 year olds saying its not as good as Warframe
I've seen this too and it drives me up the wall. How can people be so dumb.

>Destiny 1
>story told outside the game
>take it in at your own pace, when you're away from the game and so on
>doesn't interrupt the flow of the game
>Destiny 2
>everyone stuck waiting for teammates to watch cutscenes

pretty sure the activities you'll actually do coop won't have cutscenes

The year is like 3000 whatever AD.
The traveler is dead and the alien darkness is closing in on the last human city on earth
The traveler sends out little fragments of itself to revive champions to fight for humanity.

You kill a robot trying to destroy time
You kill an evil bug monster trying to eat the moon
You kill his bug dad who's pissed off that you killed his bug son
You kill an alien who is infected with a living computer virus

There's the story.

Whatever floats your boat m8

I'll probably pick it up on PC, I enjoyed the PVP aside from the slideshow framerate on console giving me a headache

you forgot about skolas he is pretty forgettable

>I used to run a Gunslinger setup that was Grenades and Melee fucking CONSTANTLY.
That at least must have felt like playing something unique and specific. Destiny 2 feels kind of boring in comparison because it feels like playing a gimped version of my class, and when all the abilities are so scarcely used everything just starts to feel like too much of the same. Yeah I get it, this is more balanced for PvP, but trying to make Destiny into a hardcore competitive game is a fucking mistake because they are shitting all over the PvE fun with it and this game STILL doesn't even have dedicated servers. If they keep prioritizing PvP balance like this the game is just going to keep sucking more and more.

>gitting gud isn't fun

I want normies to leave my board

I just they actually add new stuff because in the first game a lot the "new" they would add was just recycled content

I wonder how the new raid will be, and if it will surpass VoG/WotM

And you have to visit a website if you want any more detailed lore than that. If you hadn't realised, the story isn't that important, or they're just so embarrassed to put it in the game, it's sequestered away on a website

I think they might make easy just for new players and release a hard raid in the dlc

>implying looking up what the best meta is on reddit is "getting gud"

you soulless autist

FFXIV has the same thing, and you either sit patiently and control your ADHD for once, or everyone skips them

You sidestep and instantly reload your weapon

>xe
?

The Abyss was really good imo, everyone gives CE a hard time but there is nothing quite like the Abyss run.

>Hey guys we also have platform exclusive content!!!

>all the first time pcfag players
We console players tried to warn you how shit destiny is. Those who enjoy it is just because the new game feel or have friends to distract you from how bad it is

if theres a lack of launch content like D1, ill pick it up in a bundle with dlc eventually maybe

There's six strikes on launch which seems extremely thin. Like what have they been doing for the past years

How was WoTM? Did the finally make hard mode good again with differing mechanics like VoG? Kings Fall was so fucking disappointing and I never played Rise

OP here, it was supposed to attract because how Sup Forums hates SJWs and identity politics

give it to me
[email protected]

Still possible there are more strikes in game. The guidebook leak wasn't a complete leak. The problem in D1 was that strikes and crucible were then only thing to do at max level. This time around we've got better public events, dark sectors, and better patrol shit that actually gives rewards that matter.

I'm not saying I don't think there shouldnt be more strikes but at least we've got some variety this time around

WoTM was great, it recaptured a lot of what made VoG so good. HM also changed up a lot of the mechanics, but I haven't played since clearing HM day 1 so I can't remember them all.
I also agree that KF was shit. Just a clusterfuck of mechanics to overcorrect CE's mistakes.

>xer
Fuck off with your imaginary pronouns

God VoG was so fucking good. If they can even get to 80% of that level I can be happy with it

>hype
I swear to god that you fags love to sabotage yourselves, the hype culture is literally a mental illness by this point.

my excuse is that I dislike objectively bad gameplay

Why don't you guys just, you know, pirate Borderlands instead if you want a shoot and loot fix.

It's bundled with the 1080 Ti I'm going to buy in the next two months, just waiting to see if Coffee Lake is worth it, if not then I'm pulling the trigger on a 7700k build especially since Destiny 2 benches are already out.

The whole "will use every core" quote from E3 was complete bullshit, as expected

>fight the god king of all of the hive
>you need to stand of platforms to defeat him
It was kind of an underwhelming boss tbqh