>skulljack officer because campaign objective
>codex appears
>it can clone itself and teleport
>make a few steps
>fucking berserker queen
>with only sergeants
>have to kill general in 3 turns, codex, and berserker
>general is in difficult to reach position
>fail, whole squad dies. in it templar, and skirmisher that are very difficult to replace at this point
holy fucking shit maybe they should also get me fucking chosen there

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687662081
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The DLC with the legendary enemies is fucking garbage.

Knowing when to cut your losses and run away/let a mission go is part of learning to play the game. Game gets a lot easier as you level up and get your OP equipment and abilities.

That's XCOM baby!

fuck me
i cant even pass the second mission with out losing everybody in xcom 2

I thought I disabled it but enemies still appear, also wtf they can make an action during my turn?

stop talking about the dlc it's not out on consoles yet ;_;

It just disables the mission.

I assume you have no mods on the console. Sucks.

Yeah, no mods, but I like the vanilla experiences of both Enemy Within and vanilla XCOM 2. The only actual mods I'd want are the cosmetic ones, for variety's sake, I don't like most mods that modify the gameplay. Still, would play it on PC for smoother framerate if I could.

Someone help me since I'm dumb, what does the cooldown matter if it only has 1charge per mission?

Probably has some modifier or way to increase charge?

Strangely if you disable the mission they appear earlier so ironically keeping the mission on is better. Or just uninstalling the DLC entirely. It really says something when a DLC is so detrimental it has to be entirely uninstalled.

I like the DLC, but even I can't defend how stupid it is, they should make it trigger one random Alien Ruler per campaign, at a random point in it, instead of forcing the three rulers at the same places everytime. It's not even that hard, just too predictable, which is something you don't want in XCOM.

I hear ya. Customization mods are really nice.

It probably didn't have one charge initially, but they forgot to remove the cooldown from the description when they changed that

>don't understand a word of this
>this is where XCOM is now
Thanks Firaxis

>play on Easy
>still nearly team wiped every few missions

git gud, I finished campaign on 2nd try
got to reset from scratch because alien rulers though, and final mission was a pain in the ass

honestly I really enjoyed the first Firaxis XCOM because it was essentially a casual remake of classic XCOM and the expansion added cool shit and something entirely new with EXALT, but I never finished XCOM 2, I never liked the new setting and artstyle, I hate the overused timers, and this expansion with the chosen and ridiculous new human factions, I don't know my friends fucking love it but I kinda don't see why

>facility mission
>warning that a powerful enemy is guarding it
>drop into the armoury to double check I've got everything built that I'll need
>go into mission
>no alien ruler
I can't tell if something screwed up or it was just sitting in the arse end of the map idling.

Also animation errors everywhere. Half the shots I take are made backwards, the advent mechs always launch their rockets backwards, arms on my soldiers disappear when I swap weapon loadouts, dead aliens stay standing on the map instead of dropping, game sits still for a good 15 seconds when an ability goes off mid-move or when it happens due to being revealed.

A true Firaxis game to the core.

Jake is the biggest troll

I never got around to playing xcom 2. Should i play vanilla first, or just go straight to WotC?

>can't take anyone above sergeant rank
nice artificial difficulty

Anyone else have their Reaper's damage completely fall off mid game? My Elena Dragunova feels so useless now

>skulljack officer because campaign objective
Here's where you fuck up, grub

Still a good spotter, at least.

She serves best as a vanguard flanker with the passive lets you remain in stealth when you get the killing blow

go behind the enemy and take flanking killshots to stay in cover

Grenades

GET FUCKED.

pretty much all I use her for now

problem is that she cant kill shit on her own

You disgust me

>problem is that she cant kill shit on her own
but she doesn't need to.

>ironman mode
>one wrong turn and i lose most of my squad
>dont feel like playing anymore

I find the game pretty easy, though I do really like to take my time.
The only bs I've experienced is that one of my chosen can't trigger overwatch. So she runs in, slices someone, turns invisible, and runs away. With no way to punish. It does force me to actually chase her down, which is a nice change of pace.

>start xcom 2
>wow this looks pretty
>plays like it should
>can blow enemies up now fuck yeah
>timed missions but that's okay
>get to world map
>SCAN THIS
>hookay
>NOW SCAN THIS
>but i'm not done scanning the first-
>SCAN THE NEW THING
>ALSO MAKE CONTACT TO ANOTHER AREA
>how do i do that?
>FUCK YOU JUST DO IT
>STOP SCANNING AND DO THIS MISSION
yeah no fuck this game

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just retreat.
This game can be so broken that you can't conceivably win every mission.

>Game gets a lot easier as you level up and get your OP equipment and abilities.

>>can't take anyone above sergeant rank

If it's not mission critical or a raid just ignore it and go back for it another time.

so don't play ironman, dumbass

maybe if you miss or something?

too much of a brainlet to prioritize

Am I fucked? I'm at mid-late game where I need armor and weapon upgrades just to not die in 1 hit to hit everything and yet I need Advent Trooper corpses to build the items I need. And basic Advent troopers have stopped spawning for me since awhile now. I think my campaign might be screwed.

>Button clearly says "make contact"
>Still ask how
I think you're just dumb

Never felt the need to retreat in EU and vanilla xcom 2, but having a supply airlift mission get turned into a slow war of attrition because of endless streams of the lost and the chosen who likes to stay a mile away from combat and spawn spectrals was a very harsh lesson in knowing when to cut losses.

Though apparently if you pick up at least one supply chest and immediately evac it's considered a success so that was nice.

just research the paladin armor or whatever its called

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687662081

Unless this is ironic, fucking how? Explain? HOW?
What the fuck do you do that you have troubles? Do you fail to comprehend that the entire game is about denying the enemy their cover, either by flanking, grenading or getting height advantage.

What the fuck are you doing?!

Because snipers were completely broken in EU and EW so they wanted a change. Snipers now start with squad sight and basically everything else is movement or pistol bonuses until Colonel when you get serial but considering the damage falloff it becomes a tool to clear pods of weak enemies. So snipers carry early and are utility mid to late.

Reaper functions much the same way basically getting snapshot instead of squad sight and getting claymore to clear packs and shadow to stay concealed. The real difference is banish/annihilate and target definition allowing you to still have some carry potential mid game and increasing utility in the late game.

tl;dr snipers had their time to shine and now they are a support role.

Fuck no, they were just utility earlygame, but lategame Banish deletes the most powerful enemy per mission, even fucking chosen and rulers.

>being so fucking retarded that having to pick which one out of three buttons he wants to press first is too difficult
jesus christ, how do function

So they just made Rangers the most retardedly overpowered class in the entire game, and WotC did not change this even with all the nerfs. They still rape everything especially if you use bonds cleverly. I wont even mention psionics since what were they thinking when designing Stasis and Dominate?

get a load of this pretentious faggot

i dont think that word means what you think it does
lurk more

Claymores aside they are great last-hitters as they hit quite reliably. You deal more damage when you shoot an enemy who has already been damaged this turn, you can remain stealthed from kills and also rack up crit chance from killing blows.
This changes once you unlock Banish - as someone said you can use that to kill any strong unit in one use (make sure you upgrade the magazine of the gun).
The recon bonus to permanently see enemies which got spotted by the Reaper is also incredibly strong.

The sad truth here is that there's no reason to ever bring a sniper when you could bring a Reaper instead.

Where is the pretense?

>The sad truth here is that there's no reason to ever bring a sniper when you could bring a Reaper instead.
Until you get chosen Hunter weaponry, they're bretty good. And if you use AP to get both pistol and sniper skills they're 5/5 bretty good

>talks about "carry potential" and "utility"
>pretends to not be a pretentious fagget
lmao

>kill Chosen
>get ridiculously overpowered Chosen weapons
>everything becomes trivial
Not sure if I like this design choice. It already ruined the alien ruler DLC for me.

man i just finished the game, i always had my reaper and sniper on same missions with the reaper spotting from shadow and the sniper having free squadsight over huge distances.

>remember those annoying bosses that come interrupt your mission?
>and once they were killed, they would leave you alone forever?
>fuck that, here's mid-bosses that keep spawning at each mission

>standard fucking gamer term
>pretentious
Are you retarded?

>chosen weak to explosives
>spawns next to gas tank
>claymore
>grenade

THATS XCOM FUCKBOI

>turn off turn limits
>can finally enjoy the game

The rifle you get from the warlock is great for dealing with codexes and their splitting. Alien warlords was trivialised for me by the skirmisher. Wrath into them, stun for 2 actions, retribution goes off, make that a four action stun, second strike, 6 actions letting me wail on it.

>t. shitter
The timers are barely relevant in WotC.

standard terms are damage and recon/scout. carry and utility are hipster speak.

I'm currently rolling with
Ranger, Ranger, Reaper, Skirmisher, Templar, Grenadier
The latter is only to destroy terrain or shred armor but the double Ranger is insane damage. Not only are shotgun crits totally overpowered (so is run & gun) but the additional attack from Blademaster during the enemy turn makes everything laughingly easy - it's free damage without cooldown. The Skirmisher also gets a free melee attack and can pull people out of cover or go in for a stun. The Templar is the only one I'd consider dropping but as they do destroy cover behind the target of their melee attack, can be immune to a single attack after having meleed someone and have great PSI utility they are just superior to a class to the sniper who does nothing but bring damage.
The only situation in which I'd bring a sniper or two are ruler fights as they no longer get free turns for actions out of their vision range so you can just poke them to death with snipers as long as the Reaper provides squad sight.

Finished the game ironman on normal diff and only lost 2 guys, once you rush the tech wep/armor you just roll over everything.

Yeah cos normal is a fucking push over.

Now that you know the mechanics try a harder difficulty. It makes it a lot more fun as you might not be able to win a mission, have to extract and then deal with the conquences on the worldmap.

how so? it's a campaign objective

>t. Jeb!

Because that's what spawns the Codex. If you're not ready for it or in a good position to fight it, it will be a huge nuisance.

You only skulljack when you actually are ready to finish the campaign, before that you just gear up and put your barrack in order.

I do all of this shit but the game still pulls shit like: missing on a 90+% chance to hit, being in full cover but still getting hit from massive distances for full damage, being in a flank position that somehow isn't counted as a flank even though I'm a single tile away, etc.

Just don't do the snake mission, those missions and the legendaries are garbage with such ass backwards mechanics. Firaxis has obviously just been snatching mechanics from traditional games, like Lair Actions etc but in that case they simply don't work properly in the mechanics of their game. Its why poisons/fire is so effective against them.

>recon
aight' cunt nice one.

Yeah no.

>missing on a 90+% chance to hit
?? If its not 100%, its not guaranteed, dipshit.
>being in full cover but still getting hit from massive distances for full damage
Full cover doesn't make you invulnerable, its just additional defense.
>being in a flank position that somehow isn't counted as a flank even though I'm a single tile away
So you werent even flanking? Mate there's a tool to see if you get a flank shot, its called left alt.

vanilla
Wotc is some kind of new game plus, you have to know what you're doing

>Turn based game got a sequel but not the FPS

it's not fair bros!

>Yeah no.
Nice argument, bro

It ties into XCOM and XCOM 2 though

>Power armor
>Space Marine voice mod
>Flamethrowers

LET THE PURGATION BEGIN

I understand that 90% isn't 100%, but it's still basically guaranteed and missing on that kind of chance is very frustrating, especially if it's direly needed in the situation (and if playing on Ironman so you can't scum). I know full cover isn't invulnerability, but taking lots of damage even behind full cover is annoying and makes it feel useless. And there have been times where I am behind/to the side of an enemy, about 3 tiles or less away, with full view of the enemy, and it isn't a flank "just because" for whatever reason.

The game seems to only work in absolutes for the player, but not the enemy. If an enemy was disoriented, max distance away, shooting at an enemy behind full cover, they will still get max damage crit every time; it's extremely annoying.

Thought I was enjoying it until I realized the Lost were a way of nerfing the only sure thing of XCOM 2 nades.
Makes activating an unwanted pod a death sentence.

Anybody killed a chosen? I smashed the assassin bitch but it was the naughtiest mission i have done so far

>lost
>gernade nerf
Have you tried using lures+grenades? Shit's hilarious.

Wanted to like this game but holy shit it was bad.

>never finished xcom 1
>read the plot of 2
>turns out never finishing was canon

Any other game does this?

>I understand that 90% isn't 100%, but it's still basically guaranteed and missing on that kind of chance is very frustrating
And there have been times where I am behind/to the side of an enemy, about 3 tiles or less away, with full view of the enemy, and it isn't a flank "just because" for whatever reason.
And that whatever reason has been that the enemy has had cover. You obviously do not comprehend how cover and flanking works in this game. It is completely binary and thus use the fucking preview flank button, so you wont have to guess.

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, first playthrough was on commander for wotc and I played a year long campaign with no problems and saw alien rulers maybe 3 times, I had integrated DLC on and never activated the archon.

Legend of Zelda

Assassin was the most difficult of them. Hunter was a complete joke and Warlock is too easily countered by just getting some mindshields on important guys.

Mfw watching the mission unfold and enemies spawning out the ass.

So glad the mission ended when the statue was blown up

So how good is the DLC?
The price is offputting, but the shit in it sounds neat.

Just save them to banish sectopods.

Haven't tried that yet.
Figured they'd go for you cause you summoned them in the first place.

Just on a nasty mission with the Warlock, those new robot mist enemies, ton of fucking lost and sneks. The Warlock is hiding on the other side of the map and just keeps summoning shit and now a shieldbearer just came wondering though the fog.

I like most of the changes but this focus on heroes and chosen and shit bums me out.
XCOM should be about expendable recruits surviving the massacres and developing into murder machines. Really want a LW3 to sort this shit out.

getting autocrit through full cover, eu aim rolls mandatory to not getting fucked over by vanilla