Vampyr

You gonna buy the better version of VTMB?

I'm unironically hyped for this game. Probably because I'm starved for any vampire experience at this point

You're not gonna get Sup Forums to like Vampyr by insulting Bloodlines.

I saw a bit of footage and it looked really uninspired to me. Not sure what the appeal is supposed to be besides "muh Life is Strange devs".

>life is sjw devs
Hahaha, nope.

this

>better
>devs known for appealing to waifufags

Haha, good one.

This wont be better than VTMB

Did I miss something with this game?

I have only seen one bit of gameplay and I swear it was just nothing.
Please if there is some interesting stuff I missed then tell me, cause I would love another good vampire game.

its not like VTMB wasnt proto sjw

Is this another Dark?

how come tv shows are so saturated with vampire shit but video games aren't?

>It's in fucking Bongland.
Pass.

Because all a tv vampire show needs to do is be sexy and maybe bite a person or 2 a season.
Vidya games need more then that.

This is going to play like Bloodborne with teleporting, right? I hope anyway.

Also,

Maybe. I'll wait for launch and some infos about the ramifications of the rpg system before making a choice.
Or I'll pirate it first.

you gonna kys, shill?

>You gonna buy the emokid version of Watchdogs?
Fixed that.

How is this even comparable to bloodlines? Is this the best shilling tactic to use now, insulting tangentially related but much loved games?

I'll pirate it

All of white wolf is fairly sjw because back then hard lefties were the outliers of a right thinking society.
That's not a bad thing, it's just that the left has changed.

I would consider buying it if the mc had long black hair and a starved looking pale face instead of looking like a faggot hipster with the newest meme haircut.

Probably the best description itt

This.

Just what fuck era is this even supposed to be in? The main character looks so anachronistic that it makes me think that the game is just going to be a hipster's view of how London was in the 1800/1900s, if that's even the timeframe.

But they want the nu-male audience.
So no hot girls, chads and only memes.

>tfw there will never ever be another game like VtM:B

This game looks nothing like VTMB.

Which means it looks like shit.

You are aware right that a sequel in the works?

VTMB was a fluke. A convergence of incredible dialogue, story, atmosphere, music, and characters.

literally undead life is strange: male chloes edition

This. It's the Ghostbusters of video games

>better version

Speaking of VTMB, is the user patch the best way to play the game?

All vampires really offer over ScrubMcScrub, is that they are stronger, so they can move/jump/climb better.
And Moving/Jumping/Climbing is not the core focus of a lot of games, nor is cool blood sucking.
Like seriously, games today do not want to do completely wild movement, where the vampire hits a wall and suddenly just scales a skyscraper in seconds.

Dear fucking God, i wish Bloodrayne had gotten more games. I really miss the weird TPS + Platforming hybrid it is, with all the cool gimmicks on top of that.

Bloodlines was good. But the other game, Redemption, was also good.
So something in the core material is good enough, to make the adaption good.

It's during the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic right after the Great War.

Yeah that haircut is totally believable then.

Yes. It's already included in Gog version, btw.

I miss fucking PG13 Blade. It was way cooler

The haircut is not as unbelievable as you may think. Still the whole characters appearence looks like a modern hipster reimagination of the early 20th century. He definitely will look out of place compared to other characters or npcs.

Get the fuck out, OP.

they say it's RPG
but I don't know, from videos it looks like that detective ghost game I forgot the name of

they all terrible though, do you want this many bad vampire games?

I wish we got a decent 3rd person vampire game with your character getting as strong as mercer in prototype 1
but then what are you fighting if you're basically a god

>buy
probably
>better
No way fag

But I can't be a crazy schoolgirl vampire in it. How's it better?

But that voice thou.

did you miss BloodRayne by any chance?

I played it a little bit, she was OP from the start with that time slow power shit
Or was it supposed to be her just moving fast af, i dont recall
fighting nazi was cool but I guess I need to play more if I want to see bosses
to be frank my PC at that time was really shitty so it wasnt that fun

>VTMB was a fluke
>made by Troika
>same guys who brought Arkanum and ToE

Well it's pretty much what you described, you go slaying the hell out of everyone.

Soul Suspect.
Damn, that was really underrated I think. No one gave two shits about it, but it was maximum comfy.

this game is nothing like vtmb

>no character creation
>male lead only
Nope

it would've seen more love if it had more gameplay to it and less forced stealth section hiding from evil ghosts or whatever
it would've worked better if it was more like Sherlock Holmes games
but yeah, location, setting, the whole idea were great

you never know, it still might end up as unfinished buggy mess with great dialogue

yeah, its not comparable at all, i dunno waht OP is smoking
lets see what these Life is Strange frenchy froggy frenchies do with a london 1918 vampire game

I mean, it's an rpg and its about a vampire. It'd be an insta buy if it wasnt made by the devs of Life is strange

Like what the fuck man, a fucking rpg about vampires and its made by the devs that made me cringe and laugh at their insanely shit writing

Why do we have to suffer so much man

Depends on PC price and performance and how strong you can be if you play as a bloodthirsty demon.

>LOK
>Guys ok for the sequel
>Guys what if
>Guys what if, listen
>What if you play as a vampire who instead of sucking blood, sucks souls

The spectral realm was also really neat as well.

If any game deserves the remaster threatment is the Legacy of Kain series.
It's just so crazy good in so many levels. It's the only way i can see an approach to this IP without ruining it to the ground. sunday reminder they made a multiplayer arena TPS out of this

>made by the devs of Literally Who

They still have yet to show some proper gameplay that's not just the same shit they first showed at E3.

>Like seriously, games today do not want to do completely wild movement, where the vampire hits a wall and suddenly just scales a skyscraper in seconds.

That bothers me in general when there's a game where a protagonist has some sort of superhuman abilities.

That's why I really want a VtM game where I can play around as a Gangrel or Lasombra to the full extent of their abilities. I mean, turning into mist and getting past locked doors, using shadows to fuck up people or just use it as a means of travel, shit'd be great, but no one is willing to take the plunge and actually work on those things.

>european VtM:B

The combat does look incredibly bad. How is the roleplay? Do choices actually change anything? Are there different situations specific to races you get into like in VtMB?

>Do choices actually change anything?

Did they change shit in Life is Strange?

Too soon, Twilight still ruined vampires forever.

I don't know, the only adventure games I ever played were point&click ones in the 90s. Did they?

Vampire Chronicles did. Twillight just applied the finishing touches.

Long story short, no. The only choice that mattered in Life Is Strange is the end choice.

The last game that tried this didnt do too well

every woman in VTMB looked like a whore how was it a SJW game?

All of the promotional material for this game looked absolutely awful so far. As expected of the same people who delivered Life is Strange upon the world, what a fucking mess

Even for scrub clans, you can with just some points into physical skills, just climb walls, and start sticking to roofs.
So its disappointing. It sorta is even in Redemption, but the HACK AND SLASH focus and the timeskip do componsate in fantastic ways.

It looks okay I guess. The dialogue system doesn't seem as good and so far I've only seen them show a bit of combat gameplay. Not sure if it's going to have the same "multiple ways to solve objectives" thing going for it.

I think it being set in the early 1900's is going to make it less immersive though.

VTMB was maybe even a bit right leaning. Almost every women in the game was a whore, the anarchists are shown to be fucking idiots, and sure lacroix was manipulative but what he said was presented fairly well.

No it isn't, it's more moderate left. It had multiple gay characters, but it still criticizes every group. The main criticism of the Anarchs is just that they're weak and disorganized, which is why the Camarilla started taking territory back, but LaCroix was a madman lusting after power who would destroy anything to get it.

Not every woman in the game was a whore either, but again, it's the World of Darkness so there aren't going to be many morally pure people. You're kind of seeing what you want to see.

What sort or horrid 2000s wannabe shit moviegame is that?

It was hyped as the new VtMB but it was just your average low budget action rpg. Sup Forums hyped it for a while but everyone forgot about it as soon as it came out

>VTMB
>proto sjw

>tna all over the place
>parody of every college communist chick out there
>stereotypical nigga black market gun dealer
>makes fun of limp-dick politicians
>makes fun of Hollywood studio culture
>only people presented in a positive light are people who are apolitical and just want to live their lives

VtMB is based and is unironically the single best piece of WoD fiction ever written, because WhiteWolf have always been faggot SJWs.

This is why I just want VtMB to work properly in VR. Every "next VtMB" is most likely just going to fall flat.

>only people presented in a positive light are people who are apolitical and just want to live their lives
Strauss is part of the Camarilla and presented in a positive light. Nines and Jack are mostly positive too. It criticizes and praises both groups in different ways. Even the Sabbat to some extent, with them being the only ones right about the Antedeluvians returning, but like Beckett says just doing the wrong things for the right reasons.

It has horrid signs. Such as the meaningless dialogue wheel. How long the monologue conversations are.
And combat looks like the clunkiest shit ever. With passive mostly AFK enemies, that can't push your shit in if you don't pay attention. And a very lazy magic system.
I love how they manage to showcase a entire 20 seconds of horrid combat in a 10 minute gameplay showcase. And also showcased that the game has no real movement system.
What a fucking failure.

>even the title has chromatic abberation

MY PRECIOUS VITAE!

>Watch Demo
>Several minutes of boring monotone talking heads with shitty talk bobbing that Jap devs solved in the PS2 era
>Mass Effect conversation wheel instead of real choices to tell people to go fuck themselves
>Shitty combat with shitty generic abilities
>"The vampire combat, in the style you want to play" instead of some real hardcore combat, with good design goals
>Possibility of walking overworld being locked down by upgrades, and without proper metroidvania design to componsate
>Chance of lots of horrid backtracking
>Chances of twosided conflict instead of a real plot
Its basically doomed to be a mediocre game, with no real selling point outside of VAMPIRES. They are too far into late beta stages, to unfuck combat or planned shit plot.

women being whores wasn't considered right wing view in fucking 2004

Its mostly starvation. Even Bloodborne didn't deliver a lot on it.

>LoK Reboot
>as MOBA

Really tired of the unreal engine.

i just watched the 20 minute gameplay video

this game looks fucking gay and fuck you for shittalking Bloodlines you scum shit fucking bottomfeeding baiter

This I curious about this game,but I whish we could move around the world like a "Ass Creed" where you can use your vamparic powers to help you(like running fast as fuck,jumping high,teleporting,climbing,etc),but we will just walk around instead.
I also hope to see a good dialog options and actual impact on the districts,and not some superficial changes and dialog.

I heard that we will have three main powers that are "blood,shadow and Fera" literally "Tremer,Lasombra and Gangrel".

This. I'll wait until someone competent makes a World of Darkness themed game, this shit is going to be as bad as that strong independant saxon woman walking simulator.

>watch demo gameplay trailer
>no time for that shit, click ahead to each two minute mark
>only once did I stop and see (shitty) dark-power instakill combat
>otherwise talking or walking simulator
No thanks.

is vampyr like a retarded vampire?

Don't be hard on the kid, he probably wasn't even born then.
Times change, world isnt like it was in the golden 80-s

t. born in 1974

If anything Bloodlines was simply a continuation of the trend - absolute diamonds in the rough with problems through the roof.

To be fair that's because Blood Omen was really the only Legacy of Kain game where vampire condition was actually integral part of the story. I'd say LoK as a series is not really about vampires. I mean, it has vampires obviously and they're important but it's not ABOUT vampires seeing as series has its own story to tell.

I think it's just going to be clunky as fuck and obviously you can tell it lacks the production values expected from a modern game. Then again I've played and enjoyed Cyanide as well as Spiders RPGs so what do I care?

>world of darkness games are coming
>first one with a budget is a werewolf game

what a weird decision. you'd think they'd capitalize on their best known property first.

I'll take a mediocre vampire game any day, it's such a niche genre.