WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT 7

WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT 7

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034980423/
i.4cdn.org/vg/1504423553894.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's you boys opinions on the finisher rage moves or whatever the fuck they're called?
They were kinda fun when I was playing with a couple friends but then they get kind of annoying, Though some people don't seem to understand you can block or dodge them and it makes them really mad

I wish Kazuya had a safe mid

WHY ARE KOREANS SO FUCKING GOOD AT THIS GAME HOLY SHIT!!11!!!

Only rage move I fucking hate is Akuma. Everyone else you can block or dodge pretty easily, but he gets a quick jab on you and can immediately combo that into his rage bullshit. But what do I know, I'm just a scrub, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

I don't like them. It's too much of a reward for loosing, and armor just gives people a reason to fish for counters instead of mixing up our punishing.

Is Paul a good character? I know I suck but does my main suck too?

>Playing with mate
>says he hates the rage moves
>spams them every chance he gets anyway
>start blocking his rage moves and countering with my own
>he gets even angrier and claims they ruined the entire game

I literally can't gid gud with Steve.

always lose when someone rushes down on me with a lot of lows.

Pretty good. They added a lot of dimension to the game and gave the end of the round even more tension.

Jump up+back

Every character is good, it all the depends on the player. There was a Lars in tournament right now so that should tell you something.

df1

Any tips on playing King? I love playing as him but I'm awful with him.

I wanna get this game but I don't even know if the Digital Deluxe Edition has the season pass or not. Is it even worth it or just the normal one fine?

>Gave the end of the round more tension
yeah I see what you mean and I agree, but at the same time I can understand why people don't like it, it's pretty frustrating when you're winning for most of the round then someone pulls one off and takes the win with it

hes shit in this game dont play him

who tiger mom here

Crouch dash 1 okizeme was good but is a little less good but still good. F21 is super cheap and people cant punish. If you get a clean wallsplat do df 434, backturn, 1+4 unblockable. Learn how to shining wizard and giant swing out of nowhere since you can condition your opponent to crouch and you get free hop kicks. Use the rage drive to end combos if you have it since you get a free db 1+3 ground throw.

Normal is best atm. The bowling is fucking barebones with like 6 extra costumes. Wait till the season pass is on sale for cheap

Season pass owner here, looking at it it seems the only fucking thing you get is a shitty offline 2 player bowling minigame you can't even use costumes for.
And some copy-paste fanservice (bikini) costumes and Idolmaster shit.

Metallic is arse to boot, only Eliza is of any value at the moment and she's meh.

Would anyone like to play some rounds on the PC version?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034980423/

learn punishes, stop relying on throws except for Giant Swing when you're back to the wall and iSW, learn setups and oki, pick one combo that you can do consistently and from most launchers.

Forget about throw chains, they're a plus, tho you can sneak in the occasional RDC

rage arts are useless for the most part. should've been rage drives only.

Rage Drive=Good mechanic that requires some form of thinking

Rage Art=Dumb unga shit with tons of armor

Customization was so much better in TT2 and a LOT better in T6.

literally jump over him its a grab lol

>this """"dlc""""
feel bad for those who bought season pass

I main Feng, should I pick up Jin or Lars?

what do you get with it?

>blue rank

My only issue with Rage arts is how boring a large chunk of them are. A good chunk of them are just a premade string that'd never be a true combo in normal circumstances, such as Lars and Lili's. Another chunk of them have very little going on or take forever, such as Miguels and Nina's.

As a gameplay mechanic, it's high risk, high reward. They take out 1 third of a bar, but the only one that's unpunishable on block is Hwoarang's, and the only one that's unblockable is Akuma's. Both of which are dodgable.

Steve's and Alisa's are safe on block but crouchable

Tiger mom is the best

Every new character is either cancer or in Chloe and Gigas case dogshit

Whoops. I completely forgot about the crouch ones, I even know these exist because I play Jin and his RA is one you have to crouch to punish. My bad.
The main point is all are punishable, but those two are a bit harder than most to punish.

>not liking Tiger Mom

heh get ready to fly faggot

>3rd Dan

Why did Tekken go full sci-fi anime? Shit used to be great. Now it's pandering trash.

>Josie
>cancer

t. a homosexual who hates muay thai

Chloe is fucking good you scrubbie

>It was great when it pandered to me
>Now it panders to someone else and it's trash

do you even Burning Fist?

I hate how combo-heavy Tekken is. I can't memorize that shit.

try playing chloe her comboes are quite easy

Tekken got boring.

>2nd Dan

Fuck this new update. Pulling the plug gives you no penalties and disconections are starting to get more frequent. You can't even avoid laggers anymore

Where's Julia? Right, no thanks.

how do i xiaoyu my dudes

>6 games to enjoy waifu
>missing in latest game
>M-MUH WAIFU

The do more damage the lower health you are. If you have barely any health left, enough for a great, you can do more than half a bar.

Learn stances and all of her insane pokes.

If you complain hard enough to Harada he'll eventually respond. That's how we got black custom colors back.

C! H! L! O! E! LUCKY~!

The only Tekken I ever liked was 3. Is this playable?

I had to quit this game because no one would play. I fucking suck, but I hate playing AI

>the original game still had kuma and jack and anime hair

yeah.It is pretty much the same game with extra move and longer combo

i don't like you user

wan twu ~

why the fuck were my posts deleted
does the janny not like apustaja

I'm sorry user, but she's just so fun.

Hahahaha your friend sounds like a giant faggot.

i.4cdn.org/vg/1504423553894.webm

I haven't played since late june, if I pick it up on pc again will there still be a decent playerbase for me to play with?

Yep, quite frequent actually.

Yes that is the point of a waifu, and there is no good reason for her to be missing

I don't like em because they force you to slow things down once your opponent gets low. I do like rage drives though. It was the same shit in SF4, you couldn't zone anymore against certain characters like Seth.

Playerbase on PC is very active considering it's both a fighting game, and also a fighting game not on a console.

> not on a console.
That was poorly worded, I'm of course talking about the steam version.

df+1

>implying memorizing combos in tekken is hard

compared to anime fighters and mahvel, this shit is piss easy

the real meat of the game is the neutral, combos is just your reward.

>Jack
>df+2, 1+2, S! b+3, 2, 2

now you can do 50 dmg with Jack and wall carry, now pressure with f,f+2 and you will become Brawler in no time.

yes, very active on PC

You cant be me!

KAZUMA KIRYU AS GUEST CHARACTER WHEN!?

f4 is like +5 on block m8

Implying we wont get a VF character instead

Japan is aching for a new VF

Bruce was better, Josie a shit.

b+2
f+4
f,f+3
f,f+4
df+1
df+3
df+4
SS+3

>go through all 150 moves of my character
>oh okay these launchers are cool, and these moves kick my opponent away to extend my juggle combo
>oh this is probably a good finisher to a combo
>no idea what the other 120 moves are for
Tekken is weird, i dont know how to tell wether a move is good or not.

>Main chloe
>Never skip intro and outro

It's the opposite because Rage Drives are usually safe or plus on block extension moves that you can randomly throw out hoping for a lucky hit while Rage Arts require you to whiff punish with or be sure that the other player will be attacking or you will die for it.

Rage Drives are better than Rage Arts by a huge margin and a big reason for it is that they usually do more damage and are generally safe to randomly throw out

im glad they got rid of bruce

i mained him in TTT2, but lorewise that shit was weird, he was like 50~years old but had the body and looks of a man in his late 20s, early 30s.

Josie was a great addition. In fact, shes the only new character that i actually like. Cladio is a queef, and so is Katarina. Gigas is ok.

frame data

I'd explain more, but i don't feel like writing a 5000 word essay.

tekken is 50% game 50% frame data. If you want to get GOOD at the game, you have to know how to punish accordingly

WAN TU

Because the PS4 version is shit, lags, looks worse and can't be modded with things like a framedata viewer

There is literally no reason to play the PS4 version if you have the choice

>tournament standard
>10x the playerbase
>gets patches earlier
>consoles can be taken anywhere, good for playing with your friends locally

The only difference between 3 and 7 is that in the latter, every time you fuck up you lose 50% of your healthbar and walled stages make methodical defensive play impossible.

if a move is -10 on block or more, its considered unsafe

most of the game revolves around blocking the opponent and punishing his unsafe moves when possible

so you need to know your punishers,which usually have less than 20f start up

>Standing
10f
12f
14f
15f

>Crouching
11f
15f
16f

The other stuff is knowing your mids, lows, and highs. So you can pressure your opponent properly and blow him up for blocking incorrectly.

Its a risk-reward system, you often have to use risky unsafe moves to do good amount of damage. But the point of the game is to force your opponent into situations he doesn't want to be in. And thus giving you "advantage" and curving the odds of an exchange in your favor.

>pick a character with an unsafe hopkick
>use hopkick
>opponent blocks standing, and punishes you for free

or

>pick a character with an unsafe hopkick
>do a fast low
>opponent gets hit because he is stand blocking
>do another fast low
>he gets hit again
>in anticipation for a third low, he crouch blocks
>use hopkick
>it connects and you get a combo for big damage

Fuck this DLC man, I just want the bikini outfits for one or two characters, but I am not paying 13 bucks for an added mode that gets boring after three minutes

Essentially the game is a battle of patience where the player who attacks first loses.

TREE FOR
FIFVE SIC

Tekken 1/2 King Outfit.

You can't mod good competition on PC, user.

I wish the would break up the fucking outfit pieces. The did it for the School outfits but not the Bikinis or Idol outfits. Utter bullshit

Is Tekken the embarrassing Uncle of fighting games?

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are the cool parents, while Smash is the stupid little brother.

Sad bait

>implying Lore matters anymore after Tekken 6 fucked everything up with the big world war
Josie is almost as grating on the ears as Chloe with her crybaby shit. Bring back Bruce and his b2 as well.

no it isn't you fucking retard

the greentext clearly explains that the hopkick character used low attacks first. And because of that, forced his opponent into a crouch block position.

You can do safe block strings that will also accomplish the same goal.

There are things called counter-hit setups, or frame-traps that punish players for pressing buttons after an attack is over. If the opponent gets hit in the middle of his attack, he will be "COUNTER" hit.

Bryan for example, he has a f+3 that crumple stuns on counter hit. But the move lacks any range.

Jab(standing 1) = 10 frames

>opponent only retaliates after you attack
>Bryan does a b+1
>b+1 is +4 on block
>f+3 has 18 frame startup
>so gives the opponent a 14 frame gap to stop Bryan's f+3
>MOST LIKELY, if the opponent does anything other than a jab, he will get CH,
>which will crumple
>which will lead into a free combo