Kurwa hunter

I know i am late to the party, but i recently started playing Witcher 3 for the first time on the hardest difficulty and i am really enjoying it.

Are there any tips Sup Forums can give me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1959hkgMQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ciri dies

my tip

dont listen to Sup Forums

enjoy the game!

Get this mod
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1959hkgMQ

Improves combat a LOT.

Not necessarly. I managed to save her on my first playthrough.

ha ha no she doesn't you silly troll. Ha ha!

>mod game on first playthrough

OP what build are you playing as?
I suggest you do not fast travel at all, it makes the game more immersive, especially in skellege

If you let her*

Only scrubs let best girl die

Never had this ending

Don't talk about it on Sup Forums. It's sunday, so the paid bethesda shills PROBABLY aren't at work, but better safe than sorry. Enjoy the game!

Cheer Ciri up when she's despondent
Let her confront the sorceresses alone
Visit Skjal's grave with her
Let her destroy the laboratory

>I suggest you do not fast travel at all
This is good advice pre-Kaer Morhen but afterwards there's just so much back and forth I found it almost impossible not to fast travel.

play Witcher 1: EE first.

>Death march
Alchemy is broken, use it. Don't bother with Quen talents on DM. Take alchemy and fighter talents.

I played the entire gamewith only fast traveling back from a skellege island to arg skelleg, I would sail to the island though. Really immersive and skellege is god tier for immersion. Though if you plan on sailing you need to get the horn to knock out the sirens or you will capsize

Strongest builds are alchemy oriented the hp boost your get is just massive and you also get some of the benefits of combat and sign intensity bonuses but without having to spend points on them.

You will however miss out on some cool alternative sign modes an whirling dervish

Also here's a great combo for human opponents: poison immunity potion (golden oriole, was it?) and poison bombs. Bombs are great for crowd control.
Also fight on horseback against random bandit camps.

>You will however miss out on some cool alternative sign modes an whirling dervish
both times I have played the game I have played a sign build. 2nd quen mode is god mode.
next time I'm going for an alchemy build, gonna take advantage of the decoctions.

>Alchemy is broken, use it

How?

Heavy attack Rend/alchemy build is the best in the game

Rend is the only attack that can't be blocked (trust me enemy block mechanics are ass in this game, you want rend)

On top of that you run your two most OP decoctions with room to spare for roughly 3 potions at any time

And heavy armor will make your qwen tank multiple hits

What looks like the "good choice" on the surface sometimes turns out worse and makes you look stupid if you just choose it without thinking. Be careful in quests

I think the drop in writing quality killed my patience. It was difficult to get immersed when the story suddenly seemed so rushed and all over the place.

This, and immediately set off to find the Grandmaster Armorer/Blacksmith when you enter the Blood and Wine DLC. He'll give you a quest in which you have to find the Grandmaster Witcher Gear of the different schools. Set out to acquire the Manticore diagramms and let him craft the armor for you. After that, do the quest with the scientist who started research into mutations. Try to get the "Euphoria" mutation as quickly as possible; it increases the damage you make by 0.75% for every point of toxicity in your body. Oh, and always pick Acquired Tolerance as a skill. Combined with Manticore armor, you can have up to four decoctions imbibed at the same time. You'll end up having roughly 10,000 HP and dealing 7,000 damage with heavy blows, provided they're critical (Manticore armor also helps with that).

Higher tier potions are incredibly poweful, and the alchemy tree makes you tanky based on how doped you are, and by increading your upper toxicity limit. Very helpful on DM where incoming damage is huge. Quen works off max HP, so alchemy is just as good for quen than the sign tree. Besides, quen almost never lasts more than one hit on DM anyway.

>buy all the audible audiobooks and listen to them at night when you go to sleep
>alchemy + swordplay build (canon as fuark)
>don't buy any upgrades for Roach, Geralt hates that stupid horse
>whatever you do, WHATEVER you DO: PICK YEN
>whatever you do, WHATEVER you DO: BE NICE TO CIRI
>download the OST (unreleased tracks incl) and listen to it out and about
>S H O V E // A S I D E // F O R C E F U L L Y
>reiterate above point
>As for the DLC, I'm undecided as to whether or not you should pick ending A or ending B, it's too hard to choose
>string Triss along and then break her heart without mercy, she needs to learn the hard way-- if this makes you feel bad, she watches you hang for a petty crime and does nothing in TW2 not to mention le raep
>do all sidequests & POIs, yes, even all those out in Skellige's oceans
>don't come on here and start threads too often, just experience the game for yourself and form your own opinions
>TW3 is the GOAT
>Don't pick sides too much, Geralt just doesn't do it, loyalty to Ciri & Yen over everything

Once you reach novigrad get a wolf mask immediately and wear it for the rest of the game. You will be able to cover up that ugly face and become christian bale batman.

I agree but early mid an dlc are God tier while semi late is good with a steady drop

But as the other a ons said if you are playing death March you want alchemy it's to usefully not to

>WHATEVER you DO: PICK YEN

Fuck that it's more fun when she's all bitchy and brooding

>2nd quen mode
I don't like it because you can't attack or regenerate stam while you're in the bubble

If you're using Rend, it's more effective to spam short bursts of small Rends than to charge up one big Rend, which most enemies have no issue dodging.

she's always bitchy & brooding you idiot

>not picking Yen
>dying alone and miserable at the end

>picking triss
>literally picking triss

She's a disgusting corpse raiser I'd choose Triss or Keira over Yen any day

>mfw alchemy/critical hit build + Rend + Superior Nothern Wind
I AM YOUR GOD

>literally puts herself into unthinkable pain and goes against her moral code, essentially sacrificing herself for the good of her and Geralt's ward & the survival of mankind and the forces of good.
>triss is a kniving, backstabbing rat who tricks geralt into her sex dungeon and contributes nothing good to the magic or human community.
>has severe burns all over her chest, and is even immune to fucking magic itself
>isn't strong enough to handle/look after ciri properly

>KERIA
>keira
>sells deadly race-threatening disease just to push herself and her mediocre magic skills up the political ladder slightly
>is still so dumb she gets herself impaled on a spike
>tris to kill Geralt for talking any sense into her
>is literally a tranny, CDPR trolled us all
>Keira, just keira.

kys user

>t. gaunter

Keira only tries to kill you if you call her a lying viper or whatever and make her mad, that quest can end happily

I'm the same as OP, recently started playing it for the first time, and although I think the game does really good in most fields, I still can't enjoy the combat, for some reason.

Does it get better or is there something I'm missing here ?

>calling someone a liar
>getting murdered in cold blood as a response

OKEEEEYYYYYY DERP
KEIRA IS BEST GURL HURRRRRR

You get some better abilities later on

You mean stuff that adds more moves or something ?
Cause my issue is combat feels a bit repetitive so far. I just did the part where you team up with the cleavage witch girl (Keira?), I find myself a bit bored since all it seems I need to do is dodge, strike, dodge, strike, with the occasional sign here and there.

Rest of the game is top notch, though. I'm just wondering if it's the type of game that's still worth a playthrough for everything else even if you aren't enjoying the combat.

it gets better, this game takes so long you just have to invest

maybe build a sign heavy system, blasting people with aard and then burning with igni is pretty fun, and is an effective way to survive on DM

>a bit repetitive so far.
Yeah I suppose it's like that all the way. It's a very scissors-paper-stone combat system, use light attacks for small enemies, heavy attacks for fat enemies, this sign for this guy, that item for that guy.

It's worth playing for the awesome sidequests even if you hate the combat. Probably wouldn't be if they were bethesda/bioware quality fetch quests

I love how I have to watch a 3 hour long director commentated black and white film every time I want to trade with a merchant lol

Back when I played, the best builds were the ones where damage was increased the higher your toxicity was.
I don't remember the details, it's been too long.

The problem with a sign heavy build is that the strongest grunts and bosses have resistances or immunity to sign effects, so it's great for 90% of the game but there's that problematic 10%.

>Witcher 2
>Choose to go with Iorveth or Roche and effectively get to play a completely different story based on a very distinct decision

>Witcher 3
>the outcome of the story relies on whether you have a snowball fight

woah 10/10 writing CDPR

One of the signs still works against bosses, Yrden.

First playthrough i did bear gear and pure melee combat build eith a focus on quen and light attacks.
Second playthrough i did wolf gear with a focus on bombs, oils, and potions
What should i do for third playthrough? Cat gear?

It doesn't work unless the enemy monster has a specified weakness against it. Special bosses like the wild hunt ones are completely immune to Yrden's slowing. Alt. Yrden's zapping does still stagger them though.

Cat gear, dodge, strike from behind and crossbow.

Why can't i add sockets to Trousers and Boots to convert them to Ligh Armors?

The Runewright only allowed me to do that with Armors and Swords.

Deal. Sounds good.

Still in the beginning of the game.
What kind of armor (light/medium?) will allow me to wear a bad-ass school-shooter-esque black longcoat?

I find the crossbow to be a novelty weapon just for sirens and harpy's, is it actually worth investing in?

New moon armor?

>is literally a tranny, CDPR trolled us all
Poor Lambert

When you rinewright your armor with the light armor spell, all your equiped gear will turn light armor.

I'd rather wear a heavy armor with a medium armor rune and get the griffin school skill to counter the stamina malus

Explosive bolts are pretty useful. They can set shit on fire and stagger.

Make sure you do the DLC, both of them are better than the base game which was already great

>living with your daughterfu and making your own wine
>going to dutchess parties and fucking toussaint bitches
>miserable

Do play dlc after finishing main game. HoS has best story and Blood and Wine is a game by itself.
Do sidequests too. They are fuckng great.

Nope, it's pretty much like that all the time, by far the worst part of the game. The Whirl skill can be pretty fun though. In Blood and Wine it gets better while fighting vampires, in the first hour I fought a vampire and I was dodging around and trading hits and actually using a combination of all gear and it was actually great

I meant the other Yrden effect.

heavy attack dodge heavy attack dodge repeat. not joking. try it oh pee

Kek'd

It works, thank you

>you'll never go on a contract with Ciri just for fun
>you'll never share father daughter moments as you track down the beast
>you'll never feel a weird sort of attraction toward her that you feel a bit bad about but still are able to enjoy because she's only your ward

>allowing Ciri to destroy a priceless laboratory filled with interdimensional knowledge that might hold the key to her condition is good parenting and will get you the good ending

wtf

her well being > hurr durr prophecy

This.

I gave up once because I thought it was shit, my friend convinced me to try again, I played on broken bones and just got bored as fuck. Attack dodge attack dodge etc. Maybe if you Cate about the story, play it on easy, I assume that's a cakewalk. But gameplay is shit. And I say that as someone who loves the first game, which didn't have good action gameplay at all. Witcher three is for retards.

>did blind playthrough
>saved everyone except letting the Baron die and the plague witch loose
There's literally no excuse for letting Ciri die. Maybe if you're an idiot that gives her bad advice.
>chin up Ciri, you can do it!
>it's alright, you gotta fail sometimes
I wonder which one you should pick, hmm

Hardest difficultly is pretty easy if you're patient. If you wanna trivialize it, get the abilities that gives you passive Regen in sun, and the one that makes food last forever.
I didn't use them because it seemed like cheating, but they basically make your health refill constantly.

>the little insignificant things can have a massive effect on the human psyche
So, was it kino?

>don't destroy the lab
>go with Ciri to meet the witches
>completely ignore emhyr as soon as possible
>visit skjalls grave
>snowball fight

Good ending with all the best decisions. If you did something else, you fucked up.

women are emotional, and care about stupid shit like morals more than pragmatism