Holy fuck I've apparently run the game for half an hour already and I've not been able to pick race, gender or class...

Holy fuck I've apparently run the game for half an hour already and I've not been able to pick race, gender or class. Usually there are some obvious highlights/eliminations with these games but everything here looks stunning

Div OS 2 is easily going to be the best RPG of the year, if not this decade, dead serious. No other game allows this kind of freedom the first game had and the sequel looks like an improvement in every aspect.

Sounds great. Can't wait to pirate.

Can't wait to jump into it, but character creation is gonna take me 2 hours at this rate
Enjoy poor user, I've been there

>poor user

Is it that obvious? Hopefully things will turn around soon, a buddy of mine offered to help me get an RA position in Cali, $30/hr.

will pirate and write negative reviews everywhere I can to stop your obvious shilling. What a desaster you guys are

The only thing eventually saving you is a speedmode to not endure 30minute fights

I'm looking to play it with my fiancee. We really enjoyed the first one, are witches still a class? i loved their buffing and summoning abilities

Will this be coming out on console same date? Boyfriend and I loved playing this split screen.

Im going based lizardman

The Red Prince is an excellent roleplaying option if you like to min/max and shit on NPCs in general. He gets a ton of dialogue options and will have a unique voice actor (just like other Origins).

Finally my character reflects my playstyle as I treat NPCs worse than dirt.

No, but it already has local multiplayer on Pc on release

How's the writing? I tried the first game, found it tedious and dull. I think I tried it 3 or 4 times, but just ended up passing it off in favor of something else. I played the older Divinity games and pretty much enjoyed all of them, but Original Sin was just boring.

I asked in the last thread but didn't get a reply, does warfare scale with Finesse if I use a spear?

They've literally had 6 well known writers (and Avellone for a bit) working on the sequel only because of the bad feedback the original game had in terms of writing and story.

I can't tell you if it's any better or not cause I haven't tried the beta, but if it lives up to the expectations, we might see the best RPG ever made coming out in less than 2 weeks

Can you make him a more magical focused kind of character though?

IMO, having 6 good writers working on your game doesn't mean a thing. Better to have one guy doing all the writing, making it all fit neatly with each other, rather than have the quality jump up and down all the time. That's what happened with the latest Deus Ex game, the writers for the sidequests were different people and holy fuck you could tell because they were actually good.

One guy can't write more than a million words in two years and make it good never post again.

How far can you actually play in the Early Access game?

What about Planescape Torment? 950k words or theresuch, with Avellone as the main writer.

Witchcraft is called necromancy now and the spells are all about blood and lifesteal and damage reflection.

>cant write more than a million words
>950k

Thats less than a million, in more than 2 years.

He was the main writer but he had help Lorian also has a lead writer and he has help. Ever wonder why Dragon Commander had good writing it's because of him but he was rushed with Original Sin everything was rushed with Original Sin.

do you know if there is a class that provides the buffs and things witchcraft did? otherwise I'm just going to do a transmuter who will fuck things up in melee

yeah you can make him whatever you want

the origin story just affects their voice actor, gives them a unique quest line, and gives them character-specific dialogue options that you aren't forced to take.

And their race and gender are locked, but nothing else. The Red Prince also has his skin color locked.

I just got it because I'm weak and didn't want to wait for the full release
how's metamorph? it looks interesting but also weird as shit

Does anyone know if they did a better job balancing the non-mage classes this time around? D:OS1 very much felt like it was designed for casters first and foremost, the melee fighters didn't feel nearly as intricate.

its awesome but getting nerfed in release

Skin Graft will be changed to consume a source point so you can't use it every combat. However, the invisibility skill and wings are still solid.

And we still don't know most of the 2 memory skills, nor the skillcrafted skills, so anything is hard to say.

Yes, or int if you use a staff.

I became autistic in the first game. I kept stealing from everybody and save scumming if I could caught as I was worried there was some super important hidden item on the random NPC's.

This game seems to have the same and I JUST DON'T HAVE THE POWAH CAPTAIN. I JUST CANNAE DOO IT.

Fuck all you. I don't have time to play a long ass game like this.

I didn't play OS and intend to, but should I play any of the previous Divinity games first?

Do you know what else is getting nerfed about them besides skin graft?
God fucking damn it, I regret putting points into two hand instead of warfare.

complete opposite in this game due to the introduction of armor, which i love.

Character have Physical Armor and Magical Armor, which are like extra healthbars. You don't start losing HP until one of the Armors are depleted. Magic damage chews through Magical Armor, and physical damage chews through Physical armor.

You also can't be affected by CC until the respective armor category is depleted. For example, you can't be knocked down while you still have Physical Armor. You can't be Burned while you still have Magical Armor.

This is a great balance change that makes the game no longer a CC fest. And casters are no longer the best class.

The best class is probably rogue due to high single target damage but they are being nerfed on release (such as Skin Graft nerf and Adrenaline nerf), the balance is much better this go around.

Is the story going to be as bad as Original Sin 1?

You can only pickpocket a character in this game once. They already cured your autism for you.

Also, stealing or murder will make nearby NPCs suspicious. If they see you, they may confront you and you'd have to pass a speech check. They removed most of the stealing exploits.

Have you read the dev diary of that game? Avellone got literally ill from the work he put into that game. One person, or even 2 working on writing for a 80-100h long game is just unreasonable

All of the Divinity games take place in the same universe and can be arranged on a timeline, but you can safely start with OS without really missing anything.

>Do you know what else is getting nerfed about them besides skin graft?

We only know of Skin Graft. It's still good but not spammable. I would still take 1 in poly on many characters due to its easy access to invisibility and flight.

Where can I read the dev diary?

Is that in the latest trailer?

Should be in gamasutra, cant link cause on phone atm but shouldnt be hard to find

>They've literally had 6 well known writers (and Avellone for a bit) working on the sequel only because of the bad feedback the original game had in terms of writing and story.
Source?

Wait, so I can't go around random houses and pickpocket NPC's? I can only pickpocket specific people then? I never finished it. I never even left the first mission area.

It's set 1000 years after the first one, so should be OK.

Welp, I should be letting my wallet rest but I think I'm gonna have to buy this day 1.

Who lizard girl master race here?

I guess I'm talking more like, if I play OS will it be difficult to go back and play Divine Divinity because of age, etc.

Was said on the recent Twitch stream. Adrenaline will have its penalty increased from -1 AP to -2 AP, so its AP neutral. And Skin Graft is going to be changed to a 2 memory skill that costs 1 source point.

>They've literally had 6 well known writers (and Avellone for a bit) working on the sequel

WRONG.
They had six guest authors work on the six companion characters, that you can use for your protagonist as a template as well.
NOT ON THE MAIN STORY. Only on one character each. Avellone worked on the undead companion.

>Wait, so I can't go around random houses and pickpocket NPC's?

You can. But you can only pickpocket each NPC once, they get suspicious afterwards and you can't touch them again.

You can still stealth around and steal shit from houses, but people get suspicious when their belongings are missing and will question you.

More like giraffe girl

Be advised.

Who /best prince/ here?

One way or another, I will have my throne.

Lizard boy here.

You can pickpocket everyone, but only once. You can look at their inventory as much as you like, as many times as you like, so long as you don't take anything.
You are also limited in how much value and weight you can take. This is measured in bars that fill up as you steal.

There's also piercing damage that bypasses physical armour. You can cast healing spells on undead or enemies with the decaying debuff, and it will bypass magic armour. I got healing spells on all my characters for that reason.

>Not liking lanky Amazonian lizards

The healing spell damages the undead and those that are decaying, I meant to say.

Ah so it's not like the first game where you just pickpocketed everybody then sold what you didn't want and if you filled up could go back and get the rest?

Plus big games like this I worry about missing stuff. I might try and finish Original and then get htis. Thanks lads.

Random shot in the dark, do you remember from Original Sin if any random NPC's have super rare one of a kind loot? That's what I fear missing.

You guys are really making me want to play this game, but I know with my job and time this would have to be the only game I play for like 3-4 months to complete it.

Nah, and honestly the games are so long your loot at one level won't matter in a couple levels. The loot system in these games isn't even that amazing, calm your OCD senpai.

and that's a bad thing?

So you can only have 1 custom character this time around,right?
Not that guy but what's a RA?

And how is that bad? How many RPGs let you do almost literally everything and don't bullshit you about it?

>Is it that obvious

Well it's kinda obvious if you tell everyone that you are going to pirate a supposedly awesome game from an indie company.

I just loaded up the first game, and from what I can tell it has exactly the same system.
How much you can take is decided by your pick-pocketing skill.

I don't remember seeing any unique items that you'd lose sleep over if you miss them.

>So you can only have 1 custom character this time around,right?

You can make as many as you want by exploiting. You can connect to a multiplayer instance with multiple windows of the game open, so you could in theory have a party of 4 customs.

I consider this cheating because a perfectly built party of 4 is just going to steamroll anything.

Skin Graft consuming a source point means you can use it as many times as you want in combat.

>can't decide between origin and custom char
>can't decide between having Lohse\Fane\Ifan and Lohse\Fane\Red Prince party

Dammit. Eating people sounds too fun to pass but what little I've seen of Ifan was very nice to play as.

Lizard girl(male)

But it also consumes a source point so you realistically couldn't.

Oh. Does your pickpocketing skill level up with us? If it does, I think that's probably why I was doing it; just to get level up.

I always thought that shilling was just a meme, but It's real.

t. not often on this board.

Sebille/Ifan/Red

No, abilities do not level up based on use. You can increase them at level up.

You put points into it, like everything else.

>45€
>No options to get it cheaper cause not a single cd keys site has the game even for pre order
Fuck man i'd get it on release for 30 but thats like my limit for any game.

Trust me this isn't shilling, the game is just good. I have tried the EA and I am finding it early hard to not just buy it right now.

stop shilling your meme game

>dropping Fane and Lohse

people are discussing the game, you stupid fucking frog.

Fane looks broken as fuck, he's got the same starting extra turn ability as Lizards alongside healing to poison and getting immediate access to that mask that gives you the perks of other races when disguised as them.

>people like and discuss a really good classic RPG
>"s-shills!"

I am paid $0 i just love the game, as do others here.

m8 I wish I was getting paid to post on Sup Forums

But it's a good game you subhuman filth

>not homoerotica or Sup Forums bait?
>actual video game thread???
>SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL

Lohs is babies first waifu

only Fane has time warp now

desu the undead zombie talent is a huge hindrance, taking direct HP damage from heals is a big debuff.

On the flipp side, enemies can use healing magic to harm you, and it isn't blocked by your magical armour.

Nah, nigger I've been excited about this since the Kickstarter. You want obvious shilling? Go look at the PUBG threads, they're nothing but HURR YOU WERE WRONG LOOK AT ALL THESE PLAYERS when Sup Forums doesn't even give a fuck.

>cast decaying touch on boss
>use first aid on boss
>30% Direct HP damage for a grand total of 2HP

DEVILISH
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

Wait, what do Lizards have in exchange for losing Time Warp?

I want to play Undead but I wanted my main to be a mage with access to most spells.
I'm not sure that's a good fit for this race.

Same here. I can't decide between a custom character or one of the original. I lean towards a custom character, but I'm afraid the custom characters won't have as many roleplaying/dialogue options as the original characters.

lizards never had time warp exclusively
Time Warp as a source skill for custom characters in Early Access. On release, it has been changed so only Fane has it. Custom characters get a unique skill called Dome of Protection instead.

Lizard's racial is Firebreath, a handy 1AP aoe fire skill on a 3 turn CD.

Never tried this game before, but can I play as a dwarf with a two handed axe and be successful while doing so?

I CAN'T DECIDE FUCK
WHICH PARTY SHOULD I HAVE?
WHICH PARTY ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE?

I was thinking Human - Undead - Elf - Lizard/Dorf literally cannot decide HELP ME

What utility does Lohse add because I haven't found it.

Ifan: pet pal, bonus to barter
Sebille: cannibalism, extra AP ability
Red Prince: Can dig without a shovel, bonus to persuasion
Beast: can fit in small places
Fane: skeleton key and racial disguise (not a big deal honestly)

Yeah, but they already had Firebreath. So now Lizards have Dome of Protection? Sounds pretty swank.

we plan on doing that - undead

No you retard, you get 2 unique skills:
>Your racial
>Your origin/custom