Is there a single series where each game was better than the last?

Is there a single series where each game was better than the last?
Can't seem to think of one that didn't shit the bed at the third or fourth installment.

Dragon Quest comes to mind

Titanfall

Witcher series

i want to say homeworld, but a lot of people will disagree

Tekken has a weird track record. Their first game on a new console always has issues, but their second and third games on a particular platform are always excellent.

I'm with you up to Cataclysm.

titanfall is a steaming turd

it's hard to think of any series that has more than two or three games because games tend to get more experimental the longer the series runs for

Etrian Odyssey

SMT and F-Zero

How about a game series where each game is worse than the previous one?
I didn't play zero but I'm guessing it's not worse than command

Deus Ex

Resident Evil

Pokemon, until 4th gen

>Star Fox (SNES)
>Star Fox 64
>Star Fox 3D
>Star Fox Zero
Does Star Fox have the most amount of games remade?

Ogre battle if you ignore the gba game

Both of these

>tfw playing scorch is such a pain in the ass because you lose most of your HP to your own thermite

warcraft up to wotlk
:^)

I haven't played the Fourth Goblins game, but I'm having a hard time imagining it to be better than III.

Otherwise, for almost two decades, Goblins fulfilled your request.

Paper Mario :^)

Ruby and Sapphire were a step back from Crystal, Emerald+FRLG brought it back

ass creed.
yeah you have the nostalgic faggots who pretend ass creed 2 was the best game and is the only good game, then you have the faggots who say 4 is the only good game, but objectively ass creed has got better with each instalment.
Better visually, better city building, parkour mechanics and better story telling.
The only drop off is that the suspense died after 3's ending. Also they have done nothing with the story since.

I'd be willing to agree, but Syndicate was unquestionably awful apart from the city design.

Unity was shit and broken
I picked it up like 2 months ago, enjoyed what it offered
But the game is still a buggy mess the pakour mechanica became even more dumbed down and harder to control
Only thing it did right was the customization and making the combat challenging again

>Only thing it did right was the customization and making the combat challenging again
Which is exactly what Syndicate fucked up once again, by making all the outfits look like reddit-tier memepunk and introducing Arkham combat to the game.

Not that you'll ever actually fight anyone though, since you can just stealthily one-shot every enemy in the game with a throwing knife to the head.

The Witcher 3 is open world garbage and way worse than the first two games

You have got to be shitting me. Invisible War is terrible, The Fall is even worse and neither Human Revolution or Mankind Divided are better than the original

I want to fuck this short stack thing in the navel

Disgaea

EDF

almost everything ?

I thought people disliked 3 relatively speaking.

>Is there a single series where each game was better than the last?
Do two-entry series count?

silent hill up to the point where origins/homecoming/that one on the wii came out

I'd say dead rising definitely falls into this category

A more common pattern seems to be
>1 is good, solid game
>2 is amazing, like first game but more polished, refined
>3 throws everything you loved about the first two games out the window in an attempt to appease simpletons

I'd argue the OG, retro style Sonic games.
>1 < CD < 2 < 3/K < Mania
Popular consensus also says each of the original PSX Spyro games is better than the last, though I personally prefer 2 over 3.

Fucking no? They fucked up at the second entry already. DQII is a travesty compared to DQI

Warcraft up to TBC. Wrath while enjoyable was far too easy; Cata actually made content challenging again until they sjit the bed with Raid Finder

Dead Rising
If you start from the most recent one to the oldest one that is

UNGHHH
STACCER

Persona

>The Witcher 3 is open world garbage and way worse than the first two games

KYS

>Translation: I don't like those open world games and also my opinion is garbage.

Halo3 was good
>halo 4 comes out
>it completely shits the bed
>everything is shit now
>dev documentary
>it's a bunch of millennials who have no real experience in game dev outside of college

THIS
THIS
THIS