How to board UFOs without losing half your soldiers?

How to board UFOs without losing half your soldiers?
Why are action points called time units
is it worth it or should I just play new xcom/xenonauts

Other urls found in this thread:

openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=3626.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not having your intern open all doors
Do you even x-com?

always go during the day, move slowly, and get better gear/soldiers (yes, you'll take massive losses early on because your soldiers die when breathed on)
because each "time unit" is a unit of time, it's pretty obvious user
yes it's worth it. i actually like new xcom but it's very different from old school x-com and you can't really compare the two

Stack up on door before breach, or if you have tech from that screenshot just blaster bomb the top and fly in from the roof or something

Old xcom is really dated but fly as fuck once you're past that.

I don't know how they managed to turn the amazing rng bullets from the original, to the boring and frustrating binary shitfest they are so proud of

Fuck, the #1 thing i miss from EU/EW in XCOM 2 is alien crash missions, they were so good

they made each shot of a burst shot a separate roll
in nucom it's hit or miss - 50/50 always

it's a good tradition in xcom series.

someone post the XCOM 2 point-blank 65% chance macro

Does anyone have the gif of the entire squad getting wiped out before they even move?

I don't understand it either.
My guess is that they didn't even know it existed as they just gave the original a superficial look.

TFTD was a special kind of hell

>"Wow lucky, 2 survivors!"

Shit yeah user, thanks.

i love TFDTD

The fuck happened there?

X-Com happened

HIGH EXPLOSIVE ROOKIES

Reaction fire from an alien staring at the door at the first turn. The weapon was a thermal shok launcher which just knocks out everyone since they're all bunched up in the ship.

What alien designs did you like in XCOM 2 over XCOM EU/EW
personally
>mutons
>sectoids
>berserkers
>>>>Sectopods
Good new aliens
>Andromedon

Is xenonauts better or just ignore it?

ignore

It's all the unfun parts of the UFO without any of the good stuff

I'd say it combines the worst parts of original and remake.

its good, a bit repetative

>without losing half your soldiers
That's not how you play X:COM. Rookies are meatshields. Give them their trial by fire.

Xenonaughts is better than Xcom in every way

It does have good intercepts though but
>no psionics
>chryssalids instakill

A better question is how do you play a game without a Chosen randomly showing up to wipe half your squad?

I hope you are playing the much superior openxcom.

Chosen are fucking pushovers that do minimal damage with the exception of assassin

And Warlock's mind control is kinda annoying too

>he loses to chosen

Can xenonauts hates please explain what makes it so bad?

>no psionics
True. Devs couldn't balance it so they didn't include it. Is that the reason it's a bad game?

>muh pixels
Get over it.

Why aren't you playing the best openxcom mod right now though?
openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=3626.0

Is Lesbian Space Pirates actually good and not a meme? Seems something out of a 90's OVA/Heavy Metal Original

Is it finished yet?

>tfw psionic sitrep
>8 priests
>6 sectoids
>and the fucking warlock
>dragunova can't equip mindshield
is this what rape is like?

I liked the game but the missions got really boring after a while

You didn't unlock her utilities slot yet?

I can't blow up/light the entire map on fire

Don't the aliums always bumrush you on turn 20?

I'm pretty sure only their commander/captain remains in the UFO.

ps just pop smokes your first turn and wait because the AI will run up all it's TU being stupid so you can disembark turn 2 without fear of getting reactioned into fine dust.

Come on dude, the enemy count is ridiculous, the smallest fucking scout ship has like 8 ayys in it. Later missions become such a chore with every nook and cranny jam-packed with all sorts of ass rape.

I don't really see what the big deal is with this webm.

It's a cruise ship terror mission, which you should always abort as soon as you land anyway. Plus, all but one soldier is unconscious aboard the sub, so even if he took off that turn, he'd only lose one soldier. If he really wanted to save them, he'd just send up one guy to pick up the body and step back onto the sub.

It's an optic "illusion". In UFO you saw 77 tiles due to the resolution.
In Xenonauts in regular 1080 resolution you see over 300 tiles. That's why the same fire looks so much more impressing in UFO.
Not saying that Xenonauts doesn't loses in that regard. But it doesn't make the gameplay itself worse.

can't jam as many soldiers into a craft as i can in ufo

>Seems something out of a 90's OVA/Heavy Metal Original
and that's bad? Are you underage? Its version 0.99H so its completely playable from start to finish and you wont believe the amount of detail and care the author of the mod has put in it. Though you can be bothered by the obvious limitations of the xcom engine, especially since It plays much differently from original xcom experience, and you can tell that this kind of game concept is not super optimized for this type of gameplay. But if you can get past the archaic interface and logic of the engine you'll get the best swashbuckling experience there is available to this date. Frankly I cannot believe this concept wasn't explored any further in other games.

Explain this.

You send in something expendable. When it inevitably dies, you send in something expendable in again. Rinse and repeat until said expendable survives. Duck him and toss in high-ex and close the doors afterwards.

>Seems something out of a 90's OVA/Heavy Metal Original
No, I actually unironically liked stuff like Genocyber and MD Geist, and I really really liked playing UFO Defense just to raid alien supply ships.

As wall crumbels from your shots each block of debris and each bullet is calculated. As the debris does not fall faster then the bullets fly of course bullets hit the falling debris instead of the tank behind it.

Duh.

Is there anything worse than snakemen bases?

Trigger Happy sectoids with blaster launchers

Wow, that's really shit.

>raises weapon to fire
>drops it the moment the first bullet comes out
That's what gets me most