>>389136028

That article title reads like the ones in ads adblock allows me to now avoid.

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2017/01/24/ps4-has-a-better-software-attach-rate-than-ps2-and-wii-6402140/
nintendoeverything.com/july-2017-npd-switch-outsells-ps4-and-xbox-one/
express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/802556/Nintendo-Switch-games-list-PS4-Paladins-Xbox-One-2017-release
express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/797002/Nintendo-Switch-games-list-missing-out-on-PS4-and-Xbox-One-s-Call-of-Duty-WW2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

older system, no excuse for no games

FAKE NEWS!!

People buy ps4 to play blu ray not games. Horrible attach rate, etc.

We already had a tread for this:

>Media Create recently looked at the Switch and PS4’s first 26 weeks on sale in Japan, and their analysis was reported by Kotaku.

It's comparing the rate the PS4 SOLD in japan in its first weeks against the rate the Switch is SELLING right now. It's literally shitposting in article form.

Mab y because everyone who wanted a ps4 already bought one.
While the switch is fresh and new.

>japanese sales

The Switch is a tablet with mobile games. The PS4 is a real gaming platform with hardcore titles.

Compare the Switch and PS4 versions of Final Fantasy XV, for example. It's clear the Switch is not competing on equal terms.

Launch aligned dates.

Switch could outsell PS4 LTD this year alone in japan.

Doctors hate him!!

quite literally fake news

yet one of the highest rated game of all time is on switch.

PS4 can keep their shovelware.

>express.co.uk

nigga seriously?

Fuck your highly rated shill game. We all know the game didn't deserve more than a 9.

>beats switch sales everywhere except for in japan
>third party refuses to make exclusives for switch

such stunned wow

4 year old console gets slighty outsold by 6 month old console*

*only in Japan

metro.co.uk/2017/01/24/ps4-has-a-better-software-attach-rate-than-ps2-and-wii-6402140/

Have you looked at the npd recently?

I hope, Switch is the way attract new generation gamers.

Damn, the PS4 will be impeached any day now.

I am sorry the new generation is smartphone exclusive

>yet one of the highest rated game of all time is on switch.
One or two Nintendo games doesn't change the fact that it's a mobile platform. It will only get mobile games by third-parties, especially now that Squenix have proven Switch users will buy it.

Have fun playing Clash of Clans on Wii U 2.0.

>that chibi Gladiolus
mobile port is gonna be really gud.

There are Nintendo shills out there right now, literally right now, who don't know that the switch is a handheld being advertised as a console.

How so? It's completely fair and objective.

>Current PS4 sales vs First weeks Switch sales
Sure showed us.

>It's comparing the rate the PS4 SOLD in japan in its first weeks against the rate the Switch is SELLING right now
What's wrong with that? Perfectly fair comparison.

Not gonna lie, former Sony supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching the PS4 crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this console get the nuclear codes.

But FFXV isn't coming to switch

And wiiU.
And Pc.

2 SCOOPS
2 GENDERS
2 TERMS
2 EXCLUSIVES

Wew, not even Kotaku and Polygon are that blatant with their clickbait titles.

that explains all the sonygroid shitposting going on yesterday

Welcome to the UK. Every headline is like this here.

nintendoeverything.com/july-2017-npd-switch-outsells-ps4-and-xbox-one/

buddy

pal

friend

>only talks about japanese sales
>meanwhile the PS4 outsells the switch 2:1 worldwide every single week

STUNNED
T
U
NN
E
D

and there we go the shit flinging has started, everything was civil and actually dismissive up until this point

PS4 even regularly outsells Switch + Xbone these days

>SONYFAGS ON DAMAGE CONTROL

why is this guy playing mario kart in rush hour traffic

It seems that the PS4's superiority has ruffled some feathers yet again.

Does anyone know how much clickbait sites actually make? I'll sell my soul to make a few bucks

No surprise. The PS4 still doesn't have any games. When are they going to announce PS5? 2019? 2020?

The Daily Express isn't even a clickbait site. It's a popular British newspaper.

The thick of the PS4's sales were in the west right?

announce 2018 probably release 2020, dunno at this point the only things I see sony doing is releasing another hardware update or copying the switch

sony cant actually innovate by themselves for the fear of losing money is crippling since sony gaming is like one of the things keeping sony afloat

title of the article still sounds like clickbait though.

s a g e for absolute bait

sony losing to switch in japan SLAUGHTERED

sony beating switch everywhere else ?????

I don't understand how this isn't a huge deal. PS is huge in Japan too you know.

Pretty much all British newspapers are complete trash, except for one or two.

No, all of them. They all push their right-wing politics on you, excepting the Guardian, which pushes its milquetoast liberalism on you. They all use Tabloid headlines, they all go for money, and the Mail and the Sun are the biggest papers around.

Even in Japan the Switch is barely ahead by 3-4K sales every month, vs a 4 yo console
The switch is a fucking flop no matter how much damage control the drones do

It's compared to the 4 year old console's launch, not its present state.

Oh boy oh boy I can't wait to click on that.

Switch – 69,654
PlayStation 4 – 20,433

>3-4k

>hardcore titles
What are you 12?

PlayStation 4 – 28,779 (34,691)
Switch – 22,277 (87,798)
New 3DS LL – 16,083 (17,276)
New 2DS LL – 14,939 (24,187)
PlayStation 4 Pro – 5,909 (7,771)

that was 2 weeks ago

what is selling ps4 in japan right now anyway? was it monster hunter? or dq?

nvm it was dq

>87,798
Its clear the switch is not selling more because it keeps selling out

express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/802556/Nintendo-Switch-games-list-PS4-Paladins-Xbox-One-2017-release

At least we're not missing out on HUGE releases

Switch might crack 40m... They're just hitting 5m in the last two months and their biggest game of the generation has landed already.
Sony will crack 80m... They're at like 65m already, and their attractive "games" are shit like CoD/FIFA and more normie shit in the works.
There's always a way to look at metrics though to make it look like Nintendo will KIK THIER ASSSSS! for clickbait articles ("Nintendo sold more in this region at this time and Sony doesn't want you to know!")

Switch launched with most of its console seller games, only Mario Odyssey, Pokemon and SSB remain.

PS4 launched with jack shit.

How are you surprised that the Switch is cutting close to PS4 globally (not surpassing it, however) ??

maybe, unless they stockpiled systems for splatoon to make it look really good, which is also possible

it's annoying that it's hard to tell if it's really articifial scarcity or they're just super ass at stock, i guess it could be both tho, they suck at making product (in part to iphone shit), but they also like the demand it fuels

You can buy a standard bluray player for like $50 these days. Why would anyone pay $300 for a PS4 to play only blurays?

HOW WILL SONY FAGS EVER RECOVER????????????
LMAO
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Mario odyseey is not out yet
Or pokemon switch
Or metroid prime 4

brand loyalty is a religion
case in point everyone itt

express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/797002/Nintendo-Switch-games-list-missing-out-on-PS4-and-Xbox-One-s-Call-of-Duty-WW2

OUCH! Another big loss for Nintendo!

The Switch is so rare in Japan, they have to hold lotteries to dish out new stock to customers.

Still outselling the PS4. Niggers will ignore this thread.

It's jumping up and down week by week in major territories as shipments arrive or run out.

How about the entire year?
Pretty sure the PS4 has sold more consoles than the Switch this year.
>b....but my shortages

The Wiiu outsold the PS4 for like 2 years in Japan. Did that help the Wiiu in the long run?
Japan is completely irrelevant in terms of sales.

>their biggest game has already landed

Zelda? Lol. Okay. How about you wait until mainline pokemon is released.

Uh I'm not sure about that actually. Launch is a bug event

>bug
Big**

NINTENDOMINTATION

OTHER "GAMING" CONSOLES NEED NOT APPLY

>real gaming platform
yeah sure whatever you say fuckboi

The PS4 had no games at release.

>tfw loved Playstation 1 and 2
>tfw PS3 was disappointing but still alright
>tfw have no motivation to buy a PS4

I'm still playing old games and might get get a Switch for Xenoblade 2. Where did it all go so wrong?

daily reminder that intense brand loyalty corelates with autism

I actually unironically clicked on a clickbait article once and it was nothing but a giant slideshow with maybe 2 sentence-long blurbs. Not that I expected any different, but it's amazing how prevalent they are considering how absolutely devoid of content they are.

pokemon and mario won't move 40m console sales, sry

pokemon sun and moon did 15m sales on a very old, established system that people already had, and that games still come out for, and they also just released a new version of with the 2ds (aka, how many can it really sell, ESPECIALLY if it's another port?)

highly doubtful 15m people will also go out and buy switch and pokemon (especially since going with how nintendo can't even keep stock up, people might even lose interest by the time 15m consoles are sold, also factor in how it could be a year +, how much interest will it still have?)

galaxy on the wii sold 12 mil, galaxy 2 sold 7, super mario 3d world for wii u sold 5.65, but 3ds was 11m

so even in best case, mario sells 11m, and pokemon sells 15m.. add that up, does that get you 40m sales?

that's only half that, and that's best case scenario of everyone who bought mario and pokemon recently all get a switch, and most not having it already

mario and pokemon aren't going to move the system, they need it to be a fad.. and they need stock

it's not a fad like wii, and it doesn't have stock, so it makes it hard to look at the numbers and go "you know what, mario and pokemon are gonna push 40+!"

>The PS4 has no games at all.
ftfy

there's a reason nintendo wins every generation

Pokemon will move units (of it's exclusive to Switch), but people interested in Bing-Bing Wahooer 2017 probably already have a Switch, and Metroid won't move shit.
Smash will grab sales too.
I've already thought about these.
Maybe 40m give or take 10m.

>Sony lost, why?
The bargain sales seem proving that sony is right now desperation.

wut

If it's available of DS too, they're robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Either way, 40m give or take 10m

i posted this just a couple above yours

moon and sun did 15m in sales, the best recent mario did 11

that's more than the 10m difference you give or took for

and that's considering nintendo even has that much in stock to do that many console sales, and considering that all the people who bought pokemon and mario on the 3ds aren't mostly already having a switch

Simple

Serious more competitive games are mostly played on PC

More fun less serious games on Switch

Why have a PS4 when you could own a PC?

>Nintendo releases a pokemon MMO on the switch

>Every software sale is a moved console.
Come on. Anything else?

>pokemon sun and moon did 15m sales
Which is better than any zelda game ever, retard. So no, BotW is not their biggest game of the generation. Mario also has wider appeal than Zelda.
Also your logic is completely nonsensical, why do you think 70 million people bought the 3ds if only 16 million where going to buy pokemon?

>Switch is getting mobile games

you tell 'em bro. the Switch can't even compete when sony's getting AAA games like pic related on PS4

This would destroy the competition, but Nintendo are too stupid to do this.

wat

how can you look at 15m and 11m sales on a long, established console in the 3ds, and go "ez 35m for nintendo switch sales"

that doesn't make any sense lol, for one, because nintendo doesn't even have the stock to move that much in the forseeable future for mario even, and two, because you're somehow counting on the franchise to have a boom in sales because reasons to make up the extra 15m sales to even get to 40m

>Welcome to the UK. Every headline is like this here
If you read papers that are equal to bog roll, sure.

I do own a pc, but I'd rather play yakuza and bloodborne than competitive games

I just did, and it'll be accurate. Screencap it.

what? people kept saying mario and pokemon will help the switch break 40m sales

i was just saying if pokemon and mario only did 25m in best case, even saying nintendo would have the stock to capitalize on that (which it doens't look like it will, at least for mario), where is that extra 15m in sales coming from? people who didn't buy pokemon for the 3ds, who obviously had it as it has a huge userbase, are going to definitely buy it for the switch? it's a handheld.. it's not a new experience, and there's just literally not enough stock to let mario even get 15m in sales, it'd almost take nintendo 2 more years to get 15m consoles at the current rate it's selling, a new nintendo console/mario would probably be coming by then lol