Comfy driving games

It is a nice warm sunday in my corner of the world user and that means sunday driving. What games offer really comfy driving where it is all about being immersed in the atmosphere of the track and how your vehicle interacts with it? The sort of design goals the very early test drive and need for speed games were going for along with a few notable others like vanishing point and what the Soon™ Speed Elixir seems to be aiming for.

Euro truck simulator need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
beamng.com/members/bob-blunderton.102419/#resources
beamng.com/resources/desert-highway-updated-version-13-1.50/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3rd person is not comfy.

American truck simulator

project cars

what is this game

>What games offer really comfy driving where it is all about being immersed in the atmosphere of the track and how your vehicle interacts with it?
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Just Cause 3

gta5, if you drive somewhere semi-remote in the County or something

This looks like it's begging for an Initial D mod

>tfw found that supercar hidden in the warehouse on the Northern Island and drove it through a rainy night to get to a garage

Hot Pursuit rebooted (guess-the-wheel-angle drift-racing)
Most Wanted rebooted (street/city racing)

BeamNG.Drive.

Was thinking about buying this. Euro Truck felt really drab to me, but the American atmosphere looks a look nicer.

>Most Wanted rebooted (street/city racing)
Muh nig. It's really fucking good, what hurt it the most was using the Most Wanted name for a game that had nothing to do with Most Wanted 2005, which infuriated the autists.

the crew

Hmmm, I've only seen negative reviews for this.

Person with both here, it is, but there is way less content (only 3 states (CA, AZ, NV) and 4 trucks, they said soon on more trucks (at launch), but i havent seen a whisper about them) and every additional state will be paid DLC. If you are going to get it, i would wait until at least one DLC state is released so you can vaguely gauge just how bad buying the entirety of the USA will be.

any forza horizon

Driveclub is exactly the type of game you are looking for OP.

>comfy
>160 km/h
>goes offroad and vehicle handling doesnt change at all

this is awful.

>I have depression

i'm sorry to hear that.

Stop shilling your mobile game Eden.

Test Drive Unlimited
The Crew

literally driving at 200 km/h with half of his vehicle off road and it doesn't instantly cause him to veer off the road and crash.

why call something this bad comfy?

>shit car controls
comfy
Just cause has and always will have terrible vehicle controls and physics

I guess maybe Driver: San Francisco in freeroam mode. Sadly it's not on Steam anymore.

It's a piece of shit don't buy

oh it's a terrible racing game for sure, but the map's great to explore and drive around in

i got it last year when they gave it away for free on uplay, not sure if i would've paid money for it otherwise

maybe that's because just cause isn't a racing game?

I think the first had the best map to cruise around though. The second wasn't very memorable and the third is pretty great all around minus the two venues that take place towards the coast line. All in all, turn off all hud elements, pick your favorite car and just fucking cruise.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

that's a terrible excuse and you should feel ashamed for even saying that.

>test drive

This guy gets it.

The Forza Horizon games
>driving your favourite shitbox in first person at night
pure comfy

Outrun.

sure the overall game is pretty bad but the map is huge and very good for just driving around in. I sometimes prefer The Crew's map to FH due to the size of it.

>All in all, turn off all hud elements, pick your favorite car and just fucking cruise.
I love doing this in Horizon 3 with convoy drivers. Gets real comfy at night and I spent 3 hours just following them around the map.

it's good as a road trip simulator, especially if you have someone to play with. aside from that I wouldn't bother, the rest of the game is terrible

>rear view mirror

lel

W2C FH1 with all the cars for somewhat cheap?

Cars have rear view mirrors, I don't see the humour in this.

the framerate you retard

lol yeah I'm playing on toaster pc, have you seen The Crew's mirrors? They're somehow worse and I thought it was a glitch at first.

They don't look that shit on any decent system

Calm down, little man. Don't get upset, lol.

not really a game

Sandboxes are games too user. There are scenarios and shit, demo derbys, racing, etc. They are going to make a campaign sooner or later, but they are focusing on the underlying tech for now.

I know but it's not really a comfy game, it just like a scenario. With comfy i would say the crew since there you can really explore. BeamNG is more fun to make crashes with

Forza Horizon 3 is pretty great modern cozy.

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast and R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 for something older i'd say.

There are huge maps to just drive on though. I guess my definition of comfy is different than yours is.

Huge maps? Nah man.. The crew has a huge map. BeamNG biggest is Utah and that will take about 5 to 10 minutes before you've explored it.

It's great man dont get me wrong it's just not what OP is asking for.

I wish every game had the physics BeamNG has

Is this a racing game? The sense of speed is non-existent. That readout may say 100+ km/h but the actual speed looks to be about 20 km/h.

read thread

Thats why mods exist user.
beamng.com/members/bob-blunderton.102419/#resources
beamng.com/resources/desert-highway-updated-version-13-1.50/

are these big maps? i still have beamng v10 installed cause i downloaded it last week i guess so i might install these mods if its comfy

i have a potato so i cant use most of bob's maps, but over 100 miles of road is pretty big. Desert highway is smallish but potato friendly and i can spend hours speeding down decently smooth roads.

i still like beamng for car crashes and like car transport simulations

the crew is more comfy for freedrive

to each their own i guess

are there good car mods for ets2? would be comfy too. I once drove cars in ets2 but they were still the same as trucks and they would crash in corners

Nah fuck off, MW2012 was just a worse version of Burnout Paradise

>Rainy day in Drive Club

Works everytime for me

The skoda used in MP probably? I have never driven it, but the assholes who do seem to be able to aim well when ramming me. Most of the game's community are there for trucking stuff, not car stuff though.

When are they going to fix how the cars crunch up as if they're made of tinfoil rather than actual rigid parts?

That is how actual cars are though?

that doesn't look like 20km/h it looks like 100km/h+

I really don't know what you are talking about

Surely he needs the camera closer to the ground and extreme amounts of motion blur.

Dont forget to widen the FOV a bit

where's the chromatic aberration? that means turbo fast

lol at the responder getting upset.

that shit doesn't look comfy in the slightest

What's wrong with you

Good first person racers???

How's Drive club, can get it pretty cheap on ps4 rn

I enjoyed being a cab driver in GTA V

Test Drive Unlimited, 1000 miles of road, fully modeled interiors, your own music on the radio

But did you enjoy being the Taxi Driver

When something weighing over a ton hits an object at 70 miles an hour it is going to look like tinfoil.

Driving games? I'll go with open-world ones, as I think they are the comfiest:
Forza Horizon 3
The Crew

Other games that have comfy driving in them:
Watch Dogs 2 is a good one (even the first one with graphics mods).
And your typical GTA V with graphical mods.

it doesnt look remotly as fast as the speedometer says

Also forgot to mention Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Is it worth playing?

The cars handle like shopping trolleys, ruins the game desu

I can't believe this shit never got a PC port.